AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime

Notices

Old 2016-08-26, 07:16   Link #21
abhjetgon

I'll be watching drifters & all out!! For sure.

Will try watching one episode of 3gatsu, Yuri on ice & flip flappers & decide from there. Same with noitamina series
abhjetgon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-08-26, 22:34   Link #22
Go0gleplex
The Old Guy

Another season with absolutely nothing of interest to me. Been a year full of cliche and retread-like stories. I wish y'all enjoyment of things.

"No society can thrive when it puts more money, effort, and emotion into its vices rather than its virtues."

Harem of choice? Uzume, Rory Mercury, Raphtalia, and Yasaka.
Go0gleplex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-08-28, 14:48   Link #23
Flower
Blooming on the mountain

Location: Deep in their roots, all flowers keep the light....
May as well chime in with some of mine. ^^

To me the season looks pretty interesting, actually, but that is likely because there are a fair number of series that are my cup of tea. There seem a decent number of Mahou Shoujo based series as well as Shinto themed series.

High Anticipation: 4 series

- Natsume Yuujinchou Go (prolly the highest % sure-fire win for the season for me)
- Flip Flappers (3hrz studio again - this is a big wildcard for me, but I am greatly looking forward to it, so ... )
- Udon no Kuni no Kiniro Kemari (this one looks right up my alley)
- Show by Rock s2 (I absolutely adored s1 ... no, I do not know why, but it really worked with me for whatever reasons)

Anticipation: 7 series

- 12-Sai. Chiccha na Mune no Tokimeki (I enjoyed s1)
- 3-Gatsu no Lion (the manga is quite good)
- Ajin 2 (s1 had some great writing despite not so great visuals)
- Brave Witches (guilty pleasure franchise installment XD)
- Stella no Mahou (Kirara goodness for the season!)
- Hibike! Euphonium 2 (s1 was enjoyable for me)
- Luger Code 1951 (I read the manga and the bizarre premise actually turned out quite interesting)

Curious: 11 series

- Classicloid (this is one of those outside possibility "so bad its good" series, it seems)
- Chi's Sweet Home 2016 (3d update of the original short, which was quite good, I thought)
- Fune no Amu (intriguing and unusual premise)
- Mahou Shoujo Ikusei Keikaku (usually willing to give mahou shoujo type series a try at least)
- Shuumatsu no Izetta (same as above, though placed in a WW2'ish setting)
- Girlish Number (read a little of the source manga - could be interesting)
- Shakunetsu no Takkyuu Musume (Middle School Girls Ping Pong, eh? Okaaaay....)
- Mahou Shoujo Nante Mou Ii Desu kara s2 (another short series - I liked s1 and like the source manga)
- Kiitarou Shounen no Youkai Enikki (I like Shinto themed material, so why not?)
- ViVid Strike (Nanoha spinoff material ... could be interesting)
- Soushin Shoujo Matoi (Also ... could be interesting, will give it a try at least)

Carryovers: 1 series

- Mahoutsukai PreCure (after a brief transition period the series appears to be revving up again to its excellent first half)

Movies: 4

- Planetarian: Hoshi no Hito (Am soooooo looking forward to this one).
- Koe no Katachi (The manga was quite good and am interested to see what will be done with this)
- Kimi no Na Wa (Sounds like it could be of interest)
- Kono Sekai no Katasumi ni (Very much anticipating this one)

OVAs: 7

- Mahoutsukai no Yome: Hoshi Matsu Hito (One of my most anticipated OVAs of the season)
- Overlord Ple Ple Pleides
- Non Non Biyori Repeat OVA
- Nijiiro Days OVA
- Ajin OVA
- Girlfriend (Note) OVA
- Kiniro Mosaic: Pretty Days (Another greatly anticipated OVA)

I have no idea how I would be able to watch all those ... hopefully things will be trimmed down quickly enough. XD

Last edited by Flower; 2016-08-28 at 17:10. Reason: Typo... ^^
Flower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-09-01, 19:20   Link #24
GDiddy
Sisterhood of the Desu

Definitely watching:

Haikyuu 3.

TR Hanamaru

Natsume Go

Bungou 2

The Long Passage: Because it's not like everything else.

Might check out:

Occult Nine

3-Gatsu no Lion: I actually read some of the manga awhile ago...but lost track. The designs are win though.
Old 2016-09-06, 18:39   Link #25
VLashen

As a man who likes watching rugby i will be interested in watching Allout!!! & see how it goes.
VLashen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-09-14, 15:23   Link #26
Dextro
He Without a Title

Well, maybe I'm just not in the mood but I don't feel particularly drawn to much shows this season. Hopefully the chatter from the better ones gets to me and I'll pick up some stuff along the way.

Anyway I'm picking up Hibike! Euphonium 2 because I enjoyed the first season quite a bit and I'll probably take a look at Sangatasu no Lion since lots of folks here seem to be hyped for it. Hopefully Shaft delivers on that one.

Any suggestions? I'm kind of drawing a big blank this season. Worst case scenario I'll take the time to watch the rest of the Team Medical Dragon drama

EDIT: Thanks to Flower I've added Classicloid to my list. Sounds a bit Eternal Sonata'ish in the premise. Probably will be nothing like it but I appreciate more classical music in my animu

Last edited by Dextro; 2016-09-15 at 05:41.
Dextro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-09-18, 03:27   Link #27
Yamada II

None of the upcoming shows have really gotten my attention. I'll check out most of the shows, but I'm not having high expectations from anyone. Of course, I wouldn't mind being surprised.

Obviously I'll be watching the return of Bungou Stray Dogs and Ajin. Then we have Ping Pong Girl, although I'm not expecting it to be out of this world, I'm at least hoping to get some ping pong out of it because the girls don't really look that cute. Drifters had an intense latest PV with a weird music choice. Stella no Mahou and Girlish Number should at least give some cute girls. That Lerche mahou shoujo anime probably has most of my little interest because of its premise which sounds like it'll be full of despair and shit. Classicloid had a bunch of crazy PVs and Cheating Craft sounded cool although it doesn't have much info out yet. I want to watch Brave Witches because of Silver Link's cuteness but I'm not sure about it because I didn't go past the first season of Strike Witches. Shuumatsu no Izetta has a girl riding a gun. And Keijo should be ridiculous. I'm not holding much expectations for the quality of this bunch but at least they could be something over the rest. But who knows.

Edit: I forgot and somehow missed that Nanbaka is also airing in fall. It had a crazy PV and a cool premise and I'm a bit interested in it.

Last edited by Yamada II; 2016-09-18 at 04:44.
Yamada II is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-09-20, 21:54   Link #28
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

Will Certainly Watch
  1. Drifters: I'm picking Drifters because the manga is authored by Kouta Hirano who previously did Hellsing, hence, I'm expecting abnormal amounts of bloodbaths, insane battles, and cynical & psychopathic anti-heroes as they are trademark to Hirano-sensei works.
  2. Lostorage Incited WIXOSS: I never expected a third season and sequel coming since thought that the second season wrapped the storyline with a definite closure, so let's see where are they taking new story.
  3. Digimon Universe: Appli Monsters: Digimon returns to the TV media every 2-3 years cycle, so if TOEI keeps that trend I'll never get tired of the franchise unless the premise and story is written poorly and bad. But, honestly, I'm trading Pocket Monsters Sun and Moon for this show, because I'm finally sick and fed up with the Pokemon anime and not wanting ever to watch Pokemon Sun and Moon.

Deciding Whether to Watch or Not
  1. Mahou Shoujo Ikusei Keikaku
  2. Shuumatsu no Izetta

Last edited by Guido; 2016-09-21 at 14:06.
Guido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-09-20, 22:14   Link #29
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

I'm considering picking up the Udon no Kuni no Kiniro Kemari, but I don't know if I would appreciate the antics of what looks like a 3-year-old kid.
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Marcus H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-09-21, 11:36   Link #30
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Ajin
Drifters
Hibike Euphonium
Natsume Yuujinchou
3-gatsu no lion
WWW.Working
Gundam
Occultic;nine
Fune no amu
Old 2016-09-21, 13:00   Link #31
Chosen_Hero

Saw the list and there seems to be barely anything good (imo) coming out this fall outside of like a handful of anime. I will be watching Pokémon Sun and Moon (I need to see that to believe it), Digimon Go, Gundam Ironblooded Orphans, Working, maybe Drifter, Keijo and Cheating Craft along with anything continuing from the Summer season.
Old 2016-09-21, 13:26   Link #32
Dextro
He Without a Title

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
Ajin
Drifters
Hibike Euphonium
Natsume Yuujinchou
3-gatsu no lion
WWW.Working
Gundam
Occultic;nine
Fune no amu
Wait? WWW.Working is this season? I must update my list then
Old 2016-09-22, 12:20   Link #33
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

Summer almost over with me not as updated as I like (the death of my daily driver compounded with the fact that hell will freeze over first before I get another Samsung XD), I can't believe it's already Fall season. Not that I'm complaining, since March Comes in Like a Lion is here. Being a huge fan of Honey and Clover, and hearing great things from my friends about the manga, I've been anticipating the release of the anime ever since it's been announced, and I'm glad the wait is almost over.

Other than that, other anime ranks the highest are actually sequels of Gundam: Iron blooded Orphans and Euphonium. The premises of the new animes don't seem all that compelling, so it is a bit saddening that this Fall isn't as big as Spring.

Interesting to note that there doesn't look to be any "fantasy battle action harems" this time around. Which is a shame, since the childhood friend show up there more often than not. On the other hand 'all female cast' anime seems to be on the rise (I count at least a dozen), which saddens me as a het shipper.

Things that sound halfway decent
www,Working - I personally thought the original working went on for too long, but I'm all for new characters

Watamote - (no not THAT watamote XD) I've read the manga, but kinda stopped it upon hearing HanaKana as the lead (I forgot exactly where). I mean, I LOVE HanaKana, but she didn't really do the fujoshi justice IMO. Hopefully the new VA does it better

Udon no Kuni - I have to admit I didn't like Sweetness and Lightning ever since I tried the first volume, but this one wasn't so bad. It wasn't good enough to keep me going (Silver Nina is currently my favourite 'raising a kid' manga), but maybe the anime will change my mind

Occultic Nine - the science adventure series is a hit or miss, and while this isn't technically part of it, I say it's close enough. Like the premise sounds ok, but I just keep thinking why couldn't they just have released Chaos Child early instead XD

The Great Passage - noitamina with Maaya Sakamoto as lead heroine? While I have no expectations it will be as great as The Tatami Galaxy, just it being noitamina has it me interested.

Things I'm not really looking forward to but noteworthy
Bloodivores - wasn't impressed with the Chinese source anime this cour, so hopefully this is at least animated better in order for them not to get a bad rep

Girlish Number - Sore ga Seiyuu showed how depressing the average VA's life actually is; I don't think I can handle another one like it

Yuri on Ice - yeah I know the MC is named Yuri, but I just find it funny this looks more like Yaoi on Ice XD

Yes its YOU childhood friend - source of BERZERKER RAGE since forever
Childhood Friend couple STATISTICS(spoilers abound though)
DragoonKain3 is offline   Reply With Quote