AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Bleach

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2009-08-15, 07:04   Link #601
kagato3

Never explisitly stated but hinted at.

Facts from -108. Rose had only been a captain about a year. none of them had been a captian for over 100 years. Shinji commented that as of late they had gone through a lot of captains(new Kenpachi, 10th squad captain had been killed, 12th was being permoted)

Shinji seems to have been one of the oldest visored captains but from the interactions of hyori and him I woulde guess that not too long ago the were the sank rank
Higurashi: Its a bit like watching a trainwreck, except you keep getting to see different trains wrecking with roughly the same passengers, into a variety of different objects. Also, the trains are driven by monkeys. On LSD.
Old 2009-08-15, 19:08   Link #602
XLilaX

Quote:
Originally Posted by itachi29al View Post
Maybe he is a member of squad 0
Actually this idea was already discussed of him being a RG We came to the conclusion that they most likely wouldn't let a shinigami from such a high ranking walk away or escape perhaps

Quote:
Originally Posted by kamyu View Post
well the vizard captains were all new, appointed within a few years of start of the tbtp arc (i think shinji was the only one we didn't get a start time for). isshin could've been any of their predecessors.
At first when I read this I was really confused then it slowly started to sink in that Isshin looked considerably older than any of the Vaizards cuz even Shinji could pass for a high school student so Isshin must be really old to age that well in Soul Society but then my friend reminded me that he may be older but it doesn't necessarily mean he was a long time Captain ... sigh ... I've walked myself a full circle
Old 2009-08-15, 19:35   Link #603
AddiKtioNn-BlaCk
Is Your Daddy & Its True

Quote:
Originally Posted by XLilaX View Post
Actually this idea was already discussed of him being a RG We came to the conclusion that they most likely wouldn't let a shinigami from such a high ranking walk away or escape perhaps
Yeah so he was the 10th Squad Captain that faked his death or wateva, if thats the case I wonder what Matsumoto reaction would be if she sees him. And its slightly possible for him to be apart of Squad 0, people who are promoted may all reside in the real world. Who knows, Squad 0 is a mystery.

Quote:
Originally Posted by XLilaX View Post
At first when I read this I was really confused then it slowly started to sink in that Isshin looked considerably older than any of the Vaizards cuz even Shinji could pass for a high school student so Isshin must be really old to age that well in Soul Society but then my friend reminded me that he may be older but it doesn't necessarily mean he was a long time Captain ... sigh ... I've walked myself a full circle
Yeah he might be from Retsu's Era.
Old 2009-08-15, 21:47   Link #604
sayde

If he really is from Retsu's era, than expect Isshin to be a powerhouse.
Old 2009-08-16, 04:43   Link #605
Frailty
Constellation
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by noven View Post
or he remembered with ichigo's reiatsu from when they fought in the world of the living 2 weeks prior
touche my friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by kagato3 View Post
or given Byakuya's point of view like 2 days prior.
touche to you as well

well I still think he's part of the Royal guards

Old 2009-08-17, 16:58   Link #606
xXNimbusXx

Hmm I have two theories on this

The most likley one is something a lot of people have already been saying, and would certainly explain the lack of a number on the back of Isshin's haori, plus the way he wears it and that is he was promoted to the Royal Guard AKA "Zero Squad"

The second theory is that he was the previous 11th squad captain who was supposedly "killed" by Kenpachi, which also explains how he lost his powers (btw idk if somebody has already said this or not, but i couldnt be bothered ti read through 31 pages lol)
Old 2009-08-17, 17:15   Link #607
AddiKtioNn-BlaCk
Is Your Daddy & Its True

Quote:
Originally Posted by xXNimbusXx View Post
Hmm I have two theories on this

The most likley one is something a lot of people have already been saying, and would certainly explain the lack of a number on the back of Isshin's haori, plus the way he wears it and that is he was promoted to the Royal Guard AKA "Zero Squad"

The second theory is that he was the previous 11th squad captain who was supposedly "killed" by Kenpachi, which also explains how he lost his powers (btw idk if somebody has already said this or not, but i couldnt be bothered ti read through 31 pages lol)
He being the 11th Squad Captain is possible, being as though Isshin was most likely before the Vizards Era, however, I doubt it would be to pull off faking your own death in front of the all the Captains in SS.

When someone challenges a Captain for his seat, its a fight to the death, and it has to be witnessed by the other Captains of SS. So to me, it would make MORE sense for him to be the former 10th Squad Captain that supposedly died on the battlefield.
Old 2009-08-17, 17:59   Link #608
kamyu

actually the fight to the death option only needs to be in front of members of that squad. (200 or more of them to be exact)
a bunch of random nobodies could be tricked into believing anything (or intimidated).
also, zaraki has a track record of ending fights without delivering the finishing blow (usually out of boredom).
Old 2009-08-17, 18:01   Link #609
Gin
*Artist

Quote:
something a lot of people have already been saying,
Exactly.

EDIT:
Quote:
actually the fight to the death option only needs to be in front of members of that squad. (200 or more of them to be exact)
a bunch of random nobodies could be tricked into believing anything (or intimidated).
also, )zaraki has a track record of ending fights without delivering the finishing blow (usually out of boredom.
If Zaraki didn't deliver the finishing blow to the previous Kenpachi, then why would tousen be so terrified of him?

Last edited by Gin; 2009-08-17 at 19:39.
Old 2009-08-18, 06:57   Link #610
xXNimbusXx

Well I dont know, I mean there are a lot of ways this could go and I think that the whole former high ranking shinigami, supposedly killed in action blah blah etc would be a bit predictable whichever way they dress it. Personally I like the idea of him being a substitute shinigami in the past like Ichigo and having lots of little adventures with Ryuken.

Anyway the 11th squad thing was just a thought, since we don't really know much about the 11th squad before Zaraki became captain

Quote:
If Zaraki didn't deliver the finishing blow to the previous Kenpachi, then why would tousen be so terrified of him?
Because Zaraki is the exact opposite of Tousen. He can't comprehend how somone can love fighting and bloodshed so much and have no concept of fear. Which nullifies the effect of Tousen's bankai somewhat
Old 2009-08-18, 07:13   Link #611
Gin
*Artist

Quote:

Because Zaraki is the exact opposite of Tousen. He can't comprehend how somone can love fighting and bloodshed so much and have no concept of fear. Which nullifies the effect of Tousen's bankai somewhat
Spoiler for space:
Old 2009-08-18, 07:30   Link #612
noven

Send a message via AIM to noven
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frailty View Post
touche my friend

touche to you as well

well I still think he's part of the Royal guards
oh, yeah i'm not arguing that, it's definitely possible, especially considering the strange half-cloak he had and the fact that he knows urahara.
Old 2009-08-18, 13:58   Link #613
kamyu

but tousen literally could not have seen the fight (and even if he could, he didn't need to).
it is possible the 200 random nobody squad members could be tricked/intimidated into thinking the old captain died. then word spreads from there and it gets accepted as fact.
and even if tousen was sensing the fight (or if anyone else was for that matter), damaging the soul link (or whichever it is) would cut off his spirit power giving the perception that he died. that could also explain why isshin only recently regained his powers.
Old 2009-08-18, 15:26   Link #614
kagato3

Quote:
but tousen literally could not have seen the fight (and even if he could, he didn't need to).
it is possible the 200 random nobody squad members could be tricked/intimidated into thinking the old captain died. then word spreads from there and it gets accepted as fact.
and even if tousen was sensing the fight (or if anyone else was for that matter), damaging the soul link (or whichever it is) would cut off his spirit power giving the perception that he died. that could also explain why isshin only recently regained his powers.
bigest flaw in that is that Ishin has only been with out powers for 20 years and you still run in to why Shinji, Rukia, or any of Shiro's team (they had Ichigo under watch) couldn't ID him. Matsumoto has been a Shinigami nearly as long as Gin has so you have someone that should be able to ID Isshin if he was prominte in SS for the last 108 years or more
Higurashi: Its a bit like watching a trainwreck, except you keep getting to see different trains wrecking with roughly the same passengers, into a variety of different objects. Also, the trains are driven by monkeys. On LSD.
Old 2009-08-18, 16:56   Link #615
kamyu

Quote:
Originally Posted by kagato3 View Post
bigest flaw in that is that Ishin has only been with out powers for 20 years and you still run in to why Shinji, Rukia, or any of Shiro's team (they had Ichigo under watch) couldn't ID him. Matsumoto has been a Shinigami nearly as long as Gin has so you have someone that should be able to ID Isshin if he was prominte in SS for the last 108 years or more
i forgot about the 20 year thing, but it could be explained by saying he recovered long before that then got a special gigai from urahara so he could marry masaki. urahara basically flat out says that he was responsible for isshan's powers being sealed for that 20 years.

as for people you say should have recognized him, the only one that would've maybe known him was shinji and he never went to ichigo's house.
gin didn't become a shinigami until after the mini-time skip in the tbtp arc while the mystery captain was defeated an unspecified amount of time before the arc began.
matsumoto was after him and hitsugaya was after her.
rukia (and renji, momo, kira, and hisagi) wasn't until after aizen was already a captain (with grown up gin as vc).
Old 2009-08-18, 17:02   Link #616
XLilaX

http://bleach.wikia.com/wiki/Gotei_13 I found this web page and although some of the stuff in it is non-canon it gives a good idea over who was captain and previous to that too ^^

in the tenth division they don't state any one so hint hint
Old 2009-09-01, 00:41   Link #617
Dynast Queen

Quote:
Originally Posted by AddiKtioNn-BlaCk View Post
That's what makes me believe he was the 10th Squad Captain. All the Captains that were revealed, were revealed because they were turned into Vizards. Isshin had no involvement in any of that, so I think it would have been pointless to reveal him.

But the problem I have with this theory is the fact that no one remembered the name "Kurosaki" when Ichigo broke in to save Rukia. If he had been one of the 13 court guard captains I'm sure they would have most likely remembered the name Kurosaki. Though I do find it strange that there was absolutely no hint towards a 10th division captain whatsoever at that point.

On another note I've also seen theories about Isshin taking on Misaki's name. While that may be true, I think the chances of that are very slim. There's a possibility that when he left soul society that he changed his name, but we don't know that for sure either. Personally I believe he has some connection to the royal guard, which may explain why no one knows the name. I'm not so sure the 13 captains know who many of the royal guard are, with the exception of the former 12th division captain Kirio Hikifune, because they rarely mention them at all.
Old 2009-09-01, 06:54   Link #618
AddiKtioNn-BlaCk
Is Your Daddy & Its True

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dynast Queen View Post
But the problem I have with this theory is the fact that no one remembered the name "Kurosaki" when Ichigo broke in to save Rukia. If he had been one of the 13 court guard captains I'm sure they would have most likely remembered the name Kurosaki. Though I do find it strange that there was absolutely no hint towards a 10th division captain whatsoever at that point.

On another note I've also seen theories about Isshin taking on Misaki's name. While that may be true, I think the chances of that are very slim. There's a possibility that when he left soul society that he changed his name, but we don't know that for sure either. Personally I believe he has some connection to the royal guard, which may explain why no one knows the name. I'm not so sure the 13 captains know who many of the royal guard are, with the exception of the former 12th division captain Kirio Hikifune, because they rarely mention them at all.
I can buy that, that was actually one of the other theories I mentioned. Either 10th Squad or Royal Guard. I think it was stated that Isshin did take Ichigo's mother last name, Japan is really like the West, a man taking his wife's name isn't that serious. I believe more so that he is with the 10th more than the Royal Guard is because it was stated that the previous 10th Squad Captain died in battle, which makes it easy for escape.
Old 2009-09-02, 12:25   Link #619
yaluckyboy
NaruHina Maniac

I think he would be from the 10th squad because Urahara mentions that Isshin was his superior. If he was from the Royal Guard, Urahara would have met him in the first place.

What I would love to see is Isshin reveaing his Shinigami status to Ichigo and then training him to control his massive Reiatsu and how to use Kido. That would be interesting.
( W)
---------------------------------------------------------------------
Old 2009-09-02, 12:44   Link #620
Gin
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by yaluckyboy View Post
I think he would be from the 10th squad because Urahara mentions that Isshin was his superior. If he was from the Royal Guard, Urahara would have met him in the first place.
Both of those statements make no sense. if Isshin was captain of 10th squad him and Urahara would be equals. And if Isshin was royal guard then why would that mean Urahara had met him? Most people don't know about the royal guard. Please revise your statements or explain to me what I'm misunderstanding in your post.