AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime

Notices

Old 2011-01-12, 02:27   Link #21
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Most are localized for a younger age group than the orignal shows. Also there are few young kids that will care if it is localized or not, though most companies want to confuse their target demographics any more that they already are.

Besides how many riceballs do you see in suburban America? Recall Star Blazers perhaps. "Spring Water"? A bit more comedy inteh dialogue than originally (including talking in scenes that had no dialogue because most American children aren't expected to understand the meaning behind the silences (specifically the message on the horrors of war from a uniquely Japanese point of view...the end of Gamilon at the Star Forces hand....the "Victory tastes like ashes" speech, which also doesn't translate culturely since the United States didn't quite have the military/honor/sacrafice upbringing the Japanese children would have had...or at least the producers had. Also the removal of the sinking of the Yamato...at American hands...it is hard to show yourselves as the "bad guys" even if your pilots salute the sinking ship. Killing robots is an old standard for "on screen deaths". But even for all the changes...the story was intact, and most of the emotion was intact.)
Old 2011-01-12, 02:31   Link #22
zpf0918
Aishiteiru to itte kure

Send a message via AIM to zpf0918 Send a message via Yahoo to zpf0918
Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverSyko View Post
Not to mention they remove the kanji, like they're trying to erase the fact it's a Japanese-originated show.

Maybe it's just their American pride being damaged by having to localize foreign programming because nothing the Americans make will interest the kids anymore so they try to make it look like it's made in America to heal it again. =P
The american made cartoon shows.... are stupid... well the old days were good but now .... pretty much bad.

But anyways lets get the facts straight money talks and thats how they do it. Dubbed animes dont always make the cuts.

Thats why in my pov. You'll never find Genre Comedy/Music Animes in English Dubbed ever. Obviously.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ithekro View Post
Most are localized for a younger age group than the orignal shows. Also there are few young kids that will care if it is localized or not, though most companies want to confuse their target demographics any more that they already are.
Meh, the riceball thing i didn't know much about and care about back then lol till it was pointed out and i randomly watched a compare video (pokemon episode) a riceball falls down a hill and in the edited version a foot long sandwich rolls down vertically which was just wtflol moment.

Their target is children after all. Just like how technology is a target to the younger and above all ages.
zpf0918 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-12, 05:57   Link #23
Roloko vi Britannia
The Dark Empress

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kameruka View Post
I wonder what if 4Kids dub Yosuga no Sora...

Haru and Sora will never get down to business and they sleep with clothes on but still on the same bed/futon.
They wouldn't even touch a title like this since they only license stuff thats geared toward young audiences over in Japan to begin with well with the exception of One Piece maybe.

Although I do agree they do have terrible/pointless/laughable edits that make you go wtf I did enjoy their Shaman King, Ultimate Muscle, Pokemon, and Digimon dubs they were not that bad imo and I love that One Piece rap

Well with that said I'm going to miss you Al Khan you glorious troll.

Roloko vi Britannia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-12, 07:22   Link #24
Equidistant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akito_Kinomoto View Post
It's funny how the company that introduced many people to anime simultaneously made those same folks hate them with a passion. Talk about biting the hand that fed you

Oh yeah...

KAAAAAAAAAHHHNNN!!!
But was it 4kids that introduced kids to anime or Adult Swim and Toonami? I watched all the Pokemon's and Digimon's of the day, but I never recognized it as anything more than a Cartoon. For me it was Dragon Ball/Z and the likes and the late shows on Adult Swim that really introduced me to anime.

As for all the companies edits, I was never that upset about them. Mainly because by that time I realized they were edited, I had no interest in watching them anyway(with a couple exceptions). They did make a few noticeable mistakes though, licensing shows that just weren't meant for them and ruining them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sackett View Post
K-On could actually benefit from the removal of fanservice and targeted at the girl tween demographic.
Eh, what fanservice?
Equidistant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-12, 07:27   Link #25
bhl88
Otaku Apprentice

Send a message via MSN to bhl88 Send a message via Yahoo to bhl88
Never saw any fanservice in K-on.
Old 2011-01-12, 10:38   Link #26
zpf0918
Aishiteiru to itte kure

Send a message via AIM to zpf0918 Send a message via Yahoo to zpf0918
k-on for 4kids???? The comedy will be destroyed and 40% is involving japanese music that they'll have to leave cause thats too much to edit.

fanservice? Didnt see any of that in a comedy anime... If you dont see it in Lucky Star what makes you think there is one in another comedy anime
zpf0918 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-12, 10:42   Link #27
Miyuki-ism
Corpse in Pieces

Send a message via MSN to Miyuki-ism

Old 2011-01-13, 15:50   Link #28
LadyKikyo91
The Certified Fangirl

Thank God. Maybe they will do some decent dubbing now.