AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Web Novels

Notices

Old 2021-04-09, 05:05   Link #661
Snowbold

Is Fuuga Han riding one of those goats instead of his flying tiger?
Snowbold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-04-09, 05:30   Link #662
Huh...?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowbold View Post
Is Fuuga Han riding one of those goats instead of his flying tiger?
Seems like it.
Well, he always didn't have his Flying Tiger, it was something he came across when he went into the Demon Lord's Domain alone. Think he normally uses her only during battle.

Genjitsu Shugi Yuusha Fandom Wikia ("Administrator")
Arifureta Fandom Wikia ("Bureaucrat" & "Administrator")
Tsuki ga Michibiku Isekai Douchu Fandom Wikia ("Bureaucrat" & "Administrator")
Yu-Gi-Oh! Fandom Wikia ("Content Moderator")
Huh...? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-04-09, 06:49   Link #663
Snowbold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huh...? View Post
Seems like it.
Well, he always didn't have his Flying Tiger, it was something he came across when he went into the Demon Lord's Domain alone. Think he normally uses her only during battle.
Right, I know that he got the magic tiger from the demon domain. However, he does use it often. For example, when Souma and him had a conversation away from everyone, they relied on the flight of the dragon and tiger to create distance.
Old 2021-04-10, 05:57   Link #664
Huh...?

Around 6 days late to the news, but information about the OP for the upcoming Anime has been confirmed.
- "HELLO HORIZON" by Inori Minase (the Single of that OP would be released on 21st July 2021).

Edit: Ending Theme "Kazania" is sung by "Aimi", who is also going to be the VA for "Carla Vargas"
https://twitter.com/genkoku_info/sta...15452173598723

Last edited by Huh...?; 2021-04-11 at 15:53.
Old 2021-04-13, 21:15   Link #665
lelouch vi britann
Disabled By Request

maria kiss soma in wn new chapter.
lelouch vi britann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-04-14, 06:04   Link #666
Lhklan
The Unpronounceable

Quote:
Originally Posted by lelouch vi britann View Post
maria kiss soma in wn new chapter.
You have my undivided attention now. Please, more spoilers if you could, my good sir.
Old 2021-04-14, 09:12   Link #667
Huh...?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lhklan View Post
You have my undivided attention now. Please, more spoilers if you could, my good sir.
A very short version,
Quote:
Post 2 year time-skip,
- Fuuga makes Yuriga (18 years old post time-skip) get engaged to Souma
- Fuuga then declares War on Empire and takes over the two Vassal States of the Empire by spreading discontent towards Maria
- Because of betrayal from Maria's side, Fuuga is able to capture the Imperial Capital and makes Maria declare her defeat "live". But Maria had other plans and decides to jump of the Castle to supposedly take her own life (rather than allow Fuuga to kill her).
- Souma appears along with Naden and saves Maria, and condemns Fuuga's acts and works to force him back. Fuuga withdraws, which the Empire Traitors and Lunaria Church hardliners decide to continue preparing for War.
- We learn that it was all Maria's plan to trick Fuuga to capture the regions of Empire, so that she would have less area to rule (because it was hard for her to maintain such a big land), be free from the Treaty's limitations, and also remove problematic individuals.
- Maria had developed a lot of burden and stress because of all the stuff, and Souma was there to support her.
- Even Liscia had given permission to Souma to "spoil Maria to the fullest as she desires, for one time", which leads to Maria kissing Souma, and possibly some bed activity (would have to wait for the next WN chapter for clarification on the later part).

Old 2021-04-14, 10:16   Link #668
Marco
A lazy reader.

I've not been following the story properly, as I paused it a long time ago (so I don't have important details to make a proper judgement), but from what I can see in that spoiler:

Fuuga makes Yuriga get engaged to Souma to tie his hands.
And that was a very bad move from Maria, as it will bite her back (well, it already did with Fuuga taking her capital). As you said, the traitors and Lunaria, and surely Fuuga, won't stop until they have completely seized the Empire, and it won't be peaceful. That absolutely destroyes everything she has been trying to achieve.
Unless she surrenders, war will kill her citizens, and all that power will end up in the hands of the bad guys. Will Souma take it back? Maybe, as this is his heroic tale.

Am I wrong?
Marco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-04-14, 14:37   Link #669
Huh...?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marco View Post
And that was a very bad move from Maria, as it will bite her back (well, it already did with Fuuga taking her capital). As you said, the traitors and Lunaria, and surely Fuuga, won't stop until they have completely seized the Empire, and it won't be peaceful. That absolutely destroyes everything she has been trying to achieve.
Unless she surrenders, war will kill her citizens, and all that power will end up in the hands of the bad guys. Will Souma take it back? Maybe, as this is his heroic tale.

Am I wrong?
Well, Souma is helping Maria now, and also the Citizen of the Empire who sort of worship Maria are also in support of her.
Its mostly the Nobles and those who aren't happy with Maria's rule, who are against her along with the Lunaria Church. Fuuga had already withdrawn from the Empire area, because he knows he can't handle Souma. Plus Souma's forces plus the Ocean Alliance are already attacking the bases of Fuuga's side (like Sha Bon from the Archipelago had already used her forces along with the Ocean Alliance to destroy the only Navy Base Fuuga side had, or spreading Cursed Ore over a large battlefield, making the Traitors & Fuuga army consisting of Magic Corps useless and also make Wyvern & Griffon unwilling to fight in that area; or attacking the border of the Lunaria region).

In a way, the one who gained the most in this confrontation are Fuuga and Maria.
- Fuuga wanted land, people and officials who would help him govern his region (while he has a lot of army personals; Fuuga's side lacks logistic, management and basic manpower). And by taking over the Vassal States of the Empire, plus a lot of the land, he got what he wanted to (but in a way he still lost).
- On the other hand Maria wanted to reduce the area she had to Govern, because it was too much for her to handle, plus the nagging of the power hungry Nobles were causing her stress. So, now after the who Fuuga & Hashim's stuff, Maria only has the appropriate amount of land that she can easily manage, plus citizen who wholeheartedly support her, and no nagging Power hungry Nobles or Traitors (as they had moved to Fuuga's side).

Old 2021-04-14, 16:43   Link #670
lelouch vi britann
Disabled By Request

soma saves marie and her kiss him is very cute.
Old 2021-04-14, 21:13   Link #671
EvI

One time only huh.... I guess Maria will take full advantage to make Souma accept her as a wife then, that kiss and her desire for him to accept her everything was very fluffy umu~ my heart is ready. xD
EvI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-04-15, 01:30   Link #672
NAJ P. Jackson
Magus

Quote:
A very short version,
Quote:
Post 2 year time-skip,
- Fuuga makes Yuriga (18 years old post time-skip) get engaged to Souma
- Fuuga then declares War on Empire and takes over the two Vassal States of the Empire by spreading discontent towards Maria
- Because of betrayal from Maria's side, Fuuga is able to capture the Imperial Capital and makes Maria declare her defeat "live". But Maria had other plans and decides to jump of the Castle to supposedly take her own life (rather than allow Fuuga to kill her).
- Souma appears along with Naden and saves Maria, and condemns Fuuga's acts and works to force him back. Fuuga withdraws, which the Empire Traitors and Lunaria Church hardliners decide to continue preparing for War.
- We learn that it was all Maria's plan to trick Fuuga to capture the regions of Empire, so that she would have less area to rule (because it was hard for her to maintain such a big land), be free from the Treaty's limitations, and also remove problematic individuals.
- Maria had developed a lot of burden and stress because of all the stuff, and Souma was there to support her.
- Even Liscia had given permission to Souma to "spoil Maria to the fullest as she desires, for one time", which leads to Maria kissing Souma, and possibly some bed activity (would have to wait for the next WN chapter for clarification on the later part).
How would that even work if Yuriga is engage to Souma (I hope this isn't true) and Maria will also try to be his wife. Girls from two opposing sides will be his co-wives?

But I am hype to see some romantic development between Souma and Maria.

"Thou art I... And I am thou... Thou hast established a genuine bond... The inner most power of the Awesome Arcana has been set free. We bestow upon thee NAJ P. Jackson, the ultimate form of the Awesome Arcana."
NAJ P. Jackson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-04-15, 02:01   Link #673
Snowbold

Quote:
Originally Posted by NAJ P. Jackson View Post
How would that even work if Yuriga is engage to Souma (I hope this isn't true) and Maria will also try to be his wife. Girls from two opposing sides will be his co-wives?

But I am hype to see some romantic development between Souma and Maria.
Like Liscia and Roroa? Welcome to political marriages. Even in real life Europe, all the royal families were related and they still went to war with each other, the marriages just delayed conflicts, it didn't stop them altogether. Plus, this is the WN, the LN could go a different route based on editor and fan reaction.

Seirei Gensouki went past a pretty different route from WN to LN that they couldn't even be considered the same story. It is possible for the authors to tweak it if they want, its their IP.

But to be honest, its not surprising either. Fuuga Han wanted Yuriga and Souma together pretty early on as a way to keep him in a sort of box. Remember that he mocked the very concept of marriage alliances in the Union and how they work but sought to manipulate them for his own gain. IMO, Because he knows that he is very different from Souma, he probably believed he could keep Souma locked up politically from doing anything to him if Souma married his sister.

Last edited by Snowbold; 2021-04-15 at 03:42.
Old 2021-04-15, 09:05   Link #674
Huh...?

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvI View Post
One time only huh.... I guess Maria will take full advantage to make Souma accept her as a wife then, that kiss and her desire for him to accept her everything was very fluffy umu~ my heart is ready. xD
Liscia only said to "spoil her as she wants" for that day.
She didn't say anything about a marriage.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowbold View Post
But to be honest, its not surprising either. Fuuga Han wanted Yuriga and Souma together pretty early on as a way to keep him in a sort of box. Remember that he mocked the very concept of marriage alliances in the Union and how they work but sought to manipulate them for his own gain. IMO, Because he knows that he is very different from Souma, he probably believed he could keep Souma locked up politically from doing anything to him if Souma married his sister.
Fuuga didn't make Yuriga engaged to Souma, to take political advantage, but rather he wanted to take emotional advantage over Souma.

Fuuga knows that Souma is the kind of person who value family members and the life of those he holds dear and his citizen more. So, he believed that, by making Souma engaged to Yuriga, it would stop Souma acting against him (because Fuuga would be family), including during his campaign against the Empire. Fuuga also believed that, once he get around to attack and take over Friedonia (after taking over the Empire), Souma would quietly give-up his throne and Kingdom to him, so that none of his family members and citizen are harmed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NAJ P. Jackson View Post
Fuuga made Yuriga marry Souma, but Souma is currently only treating her as a Fiancee, and wait for the marriage (if its ever needed). As for Yuriga, she accept the offer, because she believes that by being at Souma's side, she would be able to atleast make it so that when Fuuga loses to Souma (yeah, she believes that Fuuga can't defeat Souma), she could ask for life pardon on him and others from Souma, by being in the position of a Primary Queen. Also, the other 5 wives had already talked with her, and accepted her as a possible co-wife (when Souma marries her).

On the Maria side.
First of all, we only know that Liscia has allowed Maria one day to be spoiler by Souma as she wants.

There is no info or hint whether Souma and Maria would actually marry or not yet. It is entirely possible that Souma and Maria stay in physical relationship without getting married, so that Maria could independently rule over her Empire atleast until her heir is big enough to take over.

Considering, that Polyandry is allowed in that World and the fact that people like Excel exists (aka., woman in power who had multiple relationship over the course of her life), it shouldn't be a problem for Maria to be a Single Mother, without anyone learning about the father of her child, except those close to her. This would also avoid any political inheritance issues as well.

Old 2021-04-15, 19:28   Link #675
Snowbold

Quote:
Liscia only said to "spoil her as she wants" for that day.
She didn't say anything about a marriage.

Fuuga didn't make Yuriga engaged to Souma, to take political advantage, but rather he wanted to take emotional advantage over Souma.

Fuuga knows that Souma is the kind of person who value family members and the life of those he holds dear and his citizen more. So, he believed that, by making Souma engaged to Yuriga, it would stop Souma acting against him (because Fuuga would be family), including during his campaign against the Empire. Fuuga also believed that, once he get around to attack and take over Friedonia (after taking over the Empire), Souma would quietly give-up his throne and Kingdom to him, so that none of his family members and citizen are harmed.

Fuuga made Yuriga marry Souma, but Souma is currently only treating her as a Fiancee, and wait for the marriage (if its ever needed). As for Yuriga, she accept the offer, because she believes that by being at Souma's side, she would be able to atleast make it so that when Fuuga loses to Souma (yeah, she believes that Fuuga can't defeat Souma), she could ask for life pardon on him and others from Souma, by being in the position of a Primary Queen. Also, the other 5 wives had already talked with her, and accepted her as a possible co-wife (when Souma marries her).

On the Maria side.
First of all, we only know that Liscia has allowed Maria one day to be spoiler by Souma as she wants.

There is no info or hint whether Souma and Maria would actually marry or not yet. It is entirely possible that Souma and Maria stay in physical relationship without getting married, so that Maria could independently rule over her Empire atleast until her heir is big enough to take over.

Considering, that Polyandry is allowed in that World and the fact that people like Excel exists (aka., woman in power who had multiple relationship over the course of her life), it shouldn't be a problem for Maria to be a Single Mother, without anyone learning about the father of her child, except those close to her. This would also avoid any political inheritance issues as well.
Sure, its emotional manipulation, but it is for political gain, which is that Fuuga Han wants to keep Souma tied up from interfering with his plans.

Looking at this from my pessimistic view, I would have taken the eldest daughter for a wife, knowing Fuuga would have incited war to take her and use that as an excuse to kill him and be done with the threat he is.

And I agree, although Maria and her sister have expressed the desire to have Souma marry into the empire instead, all they need is an heir and their not-so-secret-anymore alliance to help keep what remains of the empire stable. Having an heir is crucial to that.
Old 2021-04-16, 04:12   Link #676
Huh...?

New Character Design and VA's revealed.
* Tomoe Inui -> Moeka Kishimoto
* Poncho Panacotta -> Masaaki Mizunaka

Old 2021-04-16, 05:04   Link #677
lelouch vi britann
Disabled By Request

new wn chap Hakuya's view was that the new empire would be a personal union with the Kingdom of Friedonia. Looking at the depth of the bond between Soma and Maria, he could fully predict that Maria, who was no longer the Empress, would marry Soma. When it comes to that, Soma will share the throne of empire with of Amidonia, but unlike her neighbor, the Principality, it is geographically difficult to merge the empires.
Old 2021-04-16, 05:33   Link #678
Huh...?

In the WN new chapter (released today), continuing from last chapter, we now know that there was no "night action" between Souma & Maria.
It was kind-off similar to how Liscia & Aisha supported Souma during the night, back in LN v03.

As for the Empire side, Maria would step-down and Jeanne would take over the ruling from her (because Trill isn't suited as a Ruler), and would be supported by Hakuya who is going to move to the Empire with her (he would be working for both the Empire and Kingdom for sometime, until Ichiha is ready to take over his work in Friedonia).

Old 2021-04-16, 06:16   Link #679
Algester

Holy crap a lot of my predictions apparently are nearly spot on... so Maria abdicated, Hakuya is now with Jeane (its not like she totally wanted it right?)

Freidonia's new border will put the HRE to shame, now if we are to think about a possible succession crisis on Gran Chaos who has the right to the line? unless Gran Chaos has some sort of Gavel Kind of succession (in my limited experience in CKII, the currently King will present the successor to the throne and a council will veto them if they are suited for the throne)?

Last edited by Algester; 2021-04-16 at 06:32.
Algester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-04-16, 07:33   Link #680
Huh...?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Algester View Post
its not like she totally wanted it right?
Before the whole situation began, Hakuya did say to Jeanne that she doesn't have to worry about anything, and he would take care of things.
And, when Souma saved Maria (which was being broadcasted live), Jeanne understood that everything happened because of Hakuya's and Souma's planning.

Well, you can say that she became a "maiden in love" towards Hakuya at that very moment.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Algester View Post
Freidonia's new border will put the HRE to shame, now if we are to think about a possible succession crisis on Gran Chaos who has the right to the line? unless Gran Chaos has some sort of Gavel Kind of succession (in my limited experience in CKII, the currently King will present the successor to the throne and a council will veto them if they are suited for the throne)?
Maria is giving the Throne of the remaining land of the Empire to Jeanne, so the Succession of that side would be given to her descendants.

As per Hakuya, he believes that in the near future, the main authority of the Empire would eventually come under Souma, but Jeanne would act as a actual on-spot Ruler of the Empire (kind of like a "Viceroy" of the old British Empire), since it is hard for Souma to directly rule over the Empire, because of the distance and gap between the two nations.

Tags
fantasy, harem, nation building, politics, true harem