AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2012-05-19, 13:44   Link #9041
Homura7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaisos Erranon View Post
Yeah, the pace is way too fast, as compared to the previous two battle arcs.

I somewhat suspect they're going to return to Hakoniwa to find it in ruins...
Uh, why should that happen?
Homura7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-19, 14:39   Link #9042
Tempest35
Awe of She
*Author

Only reason I could forsee is if the current 'Head' of the Kurokami Family somehow, for some oddball reason, doesn't think that Zen is 'good enough' for Medaka. They might have gotten some bad info and would be acting on that...

Like I said, that's the only thing I could think of to even leading towards Hakoniwa being targeted.
Old 2012-05-19, 15:29   Link #9043
Naginoura
匂宮家

Speaking of the current head of the Kurokami family—most likely Kajiki, I wonder if he married into the Kurokami family and if he did, what family was he from...

I think simply finding Hakoniwa in ruins would be too straight-forward. Plus, even when the story ventured off-Hakoniwa, we didn't get to see new adults. Suddenly putting in a bunch of adults without proper foreshadowing wouldn't be like Nisio. Then again, this arc has yet to conclude, so this might still happen.

Spoiler for about Naginoura Sanagi:

Naginoura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-19, 16:03   Link #9044
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurusu-Shirudo View Post
Uh, why should that happen?
Could be for any reason, but notice that the school is now completely undefended with the most powerful students on the other side of the world.
Tyabann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-20, 02:30   Link #9045
MD84

This reveal just confirms what Zenkichi said about Medaka from the very beginning of the series: she's so smart she loops back into stupid.
MD84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-20, 03:12   Link #9046
novalysis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tempest35 View Post
Only reason I could forsee is if the current 'Head' of the Kurokami Family somehow, for some oddball reason, doesn't think that Zen is 'good enough' for Medaka. They might have gotten some bad info and would be acting on that...

Like I said, that's the only thing I could think of to even leading towards Hakoniwa being targeted.
Or the entire arc is actually a brilliantly conceived test of Zenkichi's suitability to enter the Kurokami's family

Because... really... Yuri solutions to produce an heir? All Female Suitors? Something is up here, and I think Nisio is out to troll us some more.

Actually, one wonders what hand Maguro also has to play in all this- it's implied that he has a pre-eminent position in the Kurokami clan, so I wonder just how much of his influence contributed to the Jet Black Wedding Feast.

And we know very little about the Abnormal Community in the outside world. Is there one to begin with? Are there gentleman agreements among the most powerful Pluses and Minuses? Once Medaka hits 20, she's probably going to experience that kind of thing in it's full glory, it's been hinted after all in the last arc that there's a bigger world out there.

So, is the Jet Black Wedding Arc an introduction to that bigger world outside Hakinowa?

Edit: Thrash Hakinowa Academy and I'd imagine you'd draw the displeasure of Anshin'san, the Alumnus, and other powerful interests backing the Academy. Why will the Kurokami family do something like that, considering how much influence that Family seems to be winning over that Academy?
novalysis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-23, 05:47   Link #9047
Iby
minority spirit(?)
*Fansubber

Send a message via ICQ to Iby
Hmm, this is somewhat slow week, isn't it?
Iby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-23, 06:18   Link #9048
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

This thread usually gets a nice boom in activity a day before the spoilers come out, a big boom once the spoilers come out and it by the time the translated version comes out we've already discussed everything so activity starts to drop into basically 0...until a day before the next spoiler comes out!
Randrak42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-23, 07:28   Link #9049
kantou

I am more interested in the light novel that I just received....I prefer to wait the first spoil for comment.
kantou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-23, 07:42   Link #9050
novalysis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randrak42 View Post
This thread usually gets a nice boom in activity a day before the spoilers come out, a big boom once the spoilers come out and it by the time the translated version comes out we've already discussed everything so activity starts to drop into basically 0...until a day before the next spoiler comes out!
I guess my post was the very last one of that cycle. I wonder whether lightning will strike twice this week.
novalysis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-23, 08:09   Link #9051
kantou

I really want to know what has become the Tsurubami team ,I imagine them not being beaten is strange.Curious to see if Naze-chan to make progress in fighting melee?
kantou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-23, 11:43   Link #9052
Tenchi Hou Take

Fuck yeah, Medaka's going up in TOC, it's longer near the bottom, it's now more in simply the bottom half, yeah....
Tenchi Hou Take is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-23, 16:57   Link #9053
Wolfenstein

Not surprised, I really like the current chapters, and the last arc. Nice to see other people dig it as well.
Wolfenstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-23, 17:07   Link #9054
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

*eagerly awaits spoilers*
Old 2012-05-23, 17:21   Link #9055
Tenchi Hou Take

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randrak42 View Post
*eagerly awaits spoilers*
Meh I could give a summary but there's not much point to it, and is pretty much mostly self explanitory to what goes on, it's more of a chapter that's simply better read than it revealing some sort of surprise.

Images are a bit late though most probably their out just not been posted.
Old 2012-05-23, 18:19   Link #9056
Homura7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenchi Hou Take View Post
Meh I could give a summary but there's not much point to it, and is pretty much mostly self explanitory to what goes on, it's more of a chapter that's simply better read than it revealing some sort of surprise.

Images are a bit late though most probably their out just not been posted.
Ooooooh, there're big surprises?
Homura7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-23, 18:23   Link #9057
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

Evil...now I'm torn between wanting to know and wanting to wait
Old 2012-05-23, 18:27   Link #9058
Tenchi Hou Take

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurusu-Shirudo View Post
Ooooooh, there're big surprises?
Not really maybe I should have worded it better, there's some character development for Naze (obvious and expected) but that's mostly it though there is a few tidbits, there's not much in the way of big twists so your probably better off just reading it than me spoiling it. It's mostly battle mechanics.
Old 2012-05-23, 18:55   Link #9059
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

I actually prefer that to a twist or big event every chapter. Plus...more Naze is always a welcome thing!
Old 2012-05-23, 19:51   Link #9060
Wolfenstein

Cool. Is the reason for her not waeing her mask explained? She had it with her when Zen *asked* her to join.
Wolfenstein is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, comedy, harem, nishio, romance, shounen, student council