AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2004-09-02, 19:43   Link #41
Anbu_33

Send a message via MSN to Anbu_33
ok guys im just to lazy , hehe , to busy with other stuff , anyways managed to do a second version of my chii banner , didnt like neither of them , here they are ,

original

second version

too hard to work with small pics , anyways those are my banners hope you like them , so far all the entries look quite the same , want to see a halloween one , probably something with victoria from hellsing in it , heheh
Old 2004-09-02, 19:46   Link #42
ChibiDusk
Back From The Dead?

Wow, that's a really good first try Death! Keep working at it, you have skills!
Oh, and those Chii banners, they look stetched still, just freetransform it, and make it smaller width-wise

Current Top 3:

those are what im choosing to enter so far.
Old 2004-09-02, 19:54   Link #43
Anbu_33

Chibi : so far so good , really like the second one , but the leafs are a bit darker , but thats my fav .

about chii being streched , well i kinda fixed , i dont notice it that much , maybe her hair makes it look like shes streched , hehe , na but ill just leave it like that for now.
Old 2004-09-02, 19:58   Link #44
mantidor
the Iniquitous

Send a message via Yahoo to mantidor
hehe...guess what, surfing through my images I couldnt find any decent material for this its not what you think! I just cant find pictures autumn related you people...

I might not enter the contest after all I feel kind of out of place here and even NSW ignored my question...... well, good luck everyone ^_^

So far the only one I could say I really like is the X one, its fantastic. Not that the others arent nice, everyone is doing an excellent job, Ill do a serious rating of them all a day or two before the deadline.
Old 2004-09-02, 19:58   Link #45
deathsvengeance
Dreams in Fear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Necrodeath
Looks awesome, especially for a first try. I also really like the girl on the right.
All in all, very good for a first, try, but it's missing something, but I can't put my finger on it...
yeah.. I know what you mean, but everytime I think to add something, it looks cluttered.
Old 2004-09-02, 20:15   Link #46
MikoKikyo

I think all you need to do is improve the text (heighten the effects maybe) and embellish the background (with tiny and subtle details to avoid looking cluttered)
Old 2004-09-02, 20:29   Link #47
Oujirou
イルージョン

Send a message via MSN to Oujirou
Here are my very sad attempt at banners...

Ones for submission:

Last edited by Oujirou; 2004-09-04 at 21:07.
Old 2004-09-02, 20:43   Link #48
Oneesama
本當に愛してるなら, "鰻食べる?”ってきかないで

omg... how could i not notice this event >_<~

cb: i really like the second banner, the one with daisuke

a hint from last contest: check your spellings before you submit anything, or it will turn out to be Animesuk.com XD

/me goes to photoshop
Old 2004-09-02, 20:47   Link #49
ChibiDusk
Back From The Dead?

Hurrah, It's Oneesama, haven't seen you around forever @_@ maybe im blind ^^"
anyways, good luckies!~
Old 2004-09-02, 20:51   Link #50
Anbu_33

Oujirou - wow , thats really good , only thing is that it looks kinda blurred , dont lower the quality that much , or is the brush size too big , hehe , really good
Old 2004-09-02, 20:58   Link #51
Oujirou
イルージョン

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anbu_33
Oujirou - wow , thats really good , only thing is that it looks kinda blurred , dont lower the quality that much , or is the brush size too big , hehe , really good
Eh? Good? Well thanks ^_^ hmm I guess I can turn the opacity of the brush up a bit, if you were referring to the the leaves. Or was it something else that was blurry?
Old 2004-09-02, 21:17   Link #52
Grona
Big Damit!

craptastic but I was bord

Last edited by Grona; 2004-09-03 at 17:03. Reason: updated third banner
Old 2004-09-02, 21:30   Link #53
Muir Woods
Disheartened and Retired

Wow...so many autumn leaves. I know there's suppose to be an "autumn theme" in the banners, and my banner doesn't have any autumn leaves in it. It's an "all seasons" banner . I've made two versions, one plain, and one with names on it. We can have a little text right? Oh well...up to the mods/admins to decide if it's OK...

20Kb really limits the compression quality though...
Old 2004-09-02, 21:39   Link #54
Green˛
It's bacon!

ChibiDusk:
Test1) 82% - Good dark theme
Test2) 81% - Clean and easy to read,.. Character seem slightly under saturated in color IMO, but still ok.
Test3) 90% - Background is easy on the eyes,.. Clear text and with a nice touch on the leaf dotted eye,.. Characters got that look of ecchi in progress.
Test3_edit) 85% - Leaf background not very easy on my eyes,.. Text is even more clear in this version.
test34_edit) 93% - This background appears more easier on my eyes.
test17) 62% - Text font not as easy to read,.. Background leaves color drowns out the character.
test4_edit) 70% - Background leaves seem to lack enough color ranges IMO(GIF limitation?)
test5_edit) 74% - Same background leaves issue IMO,.. Text appears easier to read.
test5_edit3) 96% - Big improvement on the background leaves,.. Both character and background easy to see.
test6) 75% to maybe 83% - This seem like a weird one as the character & text seems to go good together, but the background just doesn't seem to fit correct into the overall image, as though that it is missing something. Maybe mix the background leaves with the foreground?

boneyjellyfish:
yotsubaautumn) 77% - Simple & clean universal season theme,.. Seems kind of weird without the tentacles though.

Hellychan:
Daisuki) 78% - Good mix on the background leaves,.. Character seems to mix ok with the background,.. Text IMO is difficult to read on the bright background.

Anbu_33:
AnimeSuki_Anbu_Banner) 96% - Great character coverage,.. Good use of the unsteady font,.. Background is easy on the eyes.

Necrodeath:
AutumnBannerContest1) 84% - Compression artifacts seen around the characters & text, (this 20K limit seems to be starting to show problems on images on a large color scale),.. Without artifacts - 88%,.. Text font doesn't appear easy to read, (Maybe try a light drop shadow?),.. Character on the left seems to have a light source that is different than the characters on the right, (Maybe a directional light of very soft, light-blue, could be used for the characters on the right?

AutumnBannerContest2) 83% - Text color blends into some of the background, making it kind of hard to read. 87% without compression artifacts.

Kensuke:
Banner12) 93% - Good use of the leaves to hide the transition between the two background images,.. Character is easy on the eyes IMO,.. Text is very easy to read,.. Image overall is well balanced in detail.

Banner2) 90% - Very nice dark theme,.. Text is very sharp, though people that wear eye glasses while viewing on a CRT monitor may find it uncomfortable. (3D effect) (Perhaps maybe try a drop shadow for the text?)

Banner3) 85% - Lighting just doesn't seem right IMO, (Maybe correct by brightening some of the center leaves?) Though character lighting seems ok.

deathsvengeance:
deathsvengeance_f01) 90% - Text is very easy to read,.. Background leaves are easy on the eyes,.. Good use of the feathering around the left character,.. Right character seems slightly blurred IMO, (Perhaps a light use of the unsharp mask on the character could improve this?)

/Will get to more people later.
Old 2004-09-02, 21:53   Link #55
Mr_Paper
Hmm...

I said I'd make one, so here's my five minutes of boredom...

Old 2004-09-02, 22:10   Link #56
deathsvengeance
Dreams in Fear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green˛
deathsvengeance:
deathsvengeance_f01) 90% - Text is very easy to read,.. Background leaves are easy on the eyes,.. Good use of the feathering around the left character,.. Right character seems slightly blurred IMO, (Perhaps a light use of the unsharp mask on the character could improve this?)
Good suggestions, I did the mask and it really Serika stand out a lot more...

Someone else suggested I embellish the text, but I didn't want to go overboard so I just gave it a little emboss...

Also... I couldn't really find anything to fill in that space, so I stuck little Koneko down there at the bottom to make the world a happier place

I'm really liking everyone's banner attempts They are very inspiring.. especially the halloween/X one, I really like it.
Old 2004-09-02, 22:33   Link #57
boneyjellyfish
Evangelist of the Kazoo

Now it is time for autumn-themed AnimeSuki banner number TWO!

Old 2004-09-02, 22:42   Link #58
Prince of Chronics
One Piece fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muir Woods

OS-tans... good job! but I don't like the font or the text...
Old 2004-09-02, 22:45   Link #59
Oujirou
イルージョン

Changed slightly from the last one

And another one which I don't like either
Old 2004-09-02, 22:53   Link #60
deathsvengeance
Dreams in Fear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oujirou
Changed slightly from the last one

And another one which I don't like either
I like #2, the girls are very cute and I definately like the font better.
Closed Thread

Tags
banner contest, contest