Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Web Novels

Notices

Old 2018-10-12, 07:17   Link #10881
El Rue
Otherworld Wanderer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asuka' View Post
Weird thing is (or should i say it cheat) motoyasu could use all his released and cursed spear right from the beginning of redo without the growth material. Like when he insta-kill itsuki with brionac X at the post summoning phase.
I'm not sure I'm remembering it right but I think that Motoyasu is from late into the story (around the war w/ the Bitch goddess?) so it makes sense that he has a lot of his advanced skills & power. I think he was temporarily he banished into other timelines or something?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hikaru8 View Post
Do you know how far is the tate no yuusha light novel compared to the web novel? Because I don't know if it's close to ending with a couple of volumes, but I think I read that the light novel is diverging a lot from the web novel, then it would be difficult to know hot much story is there left, even the ending might be completely different.
There are already a lot of divergences & though it mostly still follows the basic guidelines of the WNs path, it is definitely going to go on for much much longer too & the ending would be greatly altered as well.
Old 2018-10-12, 20:30   Link #10882
Emperor of D.

Is the light novel different from the Web novel? I can read the Web novel but I can't find the light novel.
Emperor of D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-10-12, 23:26   Link #10883
The Green One

The LN is basically an expanded WN with a couple of additional arcs that weren't in the WN. Some events that were also in the WN play out with some differences.

In regards to Redo of the Spear Hero Motoyasu has his end arc of the WN story stats so yeah he's pretty much God Mode. Nothing that early in the beginning of the story has any hope at competing with him, the fact that Motoyasu is also bug fuck insane as well from.....things...... keeps things from ending too quickly as he just doesn't care about the actual story beyond looking after Naofumi and his Filorals.
Old 2018-10-13, 06:05   Link #10884
Huh...?

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Rue View Post
Quote:
Do you know how far is the tate no yuusha light novel compared to the web novel? Because I don't know if it's close to ending with a couple of volumes, but I think I read that the light novel is diverging a lot from the web novel, then it would be difficult to know hot much story is there left, even the ending might be completely different.
There are already a lot of divergences & though it mostly still follows the basic guidelines of the WNs path, it is definitely going to go on for much much longer too & the ending would be greatly altered as well.
I don't think the Ending would be that much different from the WN, considering what we see at the starting of the "Yari no Yuusha" LN and Manga version, which is quite similar to the point in the WN.
Maybe the way 'that person' makes appearance would be different?

Quote:
Also, I find it strange that there are no news on volume 20 since volume 19 got released on january 15.
Guess the Anime Project took most of the time away from the Author to focus on the next volume of LN.
But i would say that we should probably be getting some LN Vol 20 info, as we get near to the airing of the Anime Series.
Huh...? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-10-13, 19:52   Link #10885
Lord Kai

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Green One View Post
The LN is basically an expanded WN with a couple of additional arcs that weren't in the WN. Some events that were also in the WN play out with some differences.

In regards to Redo of the Spear Hero Motoyasu has his end arc of the WN story stats so yeah he's pretty much God Mode. Nothing that early in the beginning of the story has any hope at competing with him, the fact that Motoyasu is also bug fuck insane as well from.....things...... keeps things from ending too quickly as he just doesn't care about the actual story beyond looking after Naofumi and his Filorals.
Has anyone translated the LN?
Lord Kai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-10-13, 19:53   Link #10886
Emperor of D.

I also want to know where the LN has been translated?
Emperor of D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-10-13, 20:09   Link #10887
The Green One

The LN is being released in the US so I am not aware of anyone translating this one since it is licensed. Just go buy it. 12 volumes are out in English.
Old 2018-10-14, 13:23   Link #10888
SILENTANIMELOVER

We'll soon have 13 out in December.
SILENTANIMELOVER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-10-14, 18:01   Link #10889
Tabeleta

I stopped reading the WN when YP released the english version, but I remember reading that there's a chapter where Naofumi lost all his rage and became like before getting tricked, is that right?

Was it because of some shield being the opposite of the cursed series? Like, there's the 7 sins and the 7 virtues? Or was it related with the shield related with the turtle lady?

It seems that the LN changed a lot and I'm on vol 11, did it happened already? There's the thing with Ralph-chan too, I remember reading that the MC created it when he went crazy thinking that Raphtalia died, but it changed too.

PS: But looking at illustrations it seems they didn't changed what happened with Atla right? WHY!? WHY THEY DIDN'T CHANGED IT!?
Old 2018-10-16, 05:58   Link #10890
Huh...?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tabeleta View Post
I stopped reading the WN when YP released the english version, but I remember reading that there's a chapter where Naofumi lost all his rage and became like before getting tricked, is that right?

Was it because of some shield being the opposite of the cursed series? Like, there's the 7 sins and the 7 virtues? Or was it related with the shield related with the turtle lady?

It seems that the LN changed a lot and I'm on vol 11, did it happened already?
Naofumi reverting back to his pre-rage character happened during the "Gaelion Rampage" arc (WN version). It was during when Gaelion absorbed all the powers from Naofumi's "Shield of Wrath" (aka., Gaelion ended up absorbing Naofumi's hatred and angry along with the shield's power), causing the effects of the shield on Naofumi to revert back too much (like a really hungry person suddenly getting lots of food).

This part was skipped out (if i remember right) in the LN version, as the "Gaelion Rampage" arc (Volume 12) was done differently compared to the WN.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tabeleta View Post
There's the thing with Ralph-chan too, I remember reading that the MC created it when he went crazy thinking that Raphtalia died, but it changed too.

PS: But looking at illustrations it seems they didn't changed what happened with Atla right? WHY!? WHY THEY DIDN'T CHANGED IT!?
Yeah, things relating to Raph-chan was also changed in the LN compared to WN. And by the looks of it, it seems like they have removed the "New Curse" arc of Naofumi (the one which gave birth to the Raph race and eventually Raph-chan) along with "Rebellion of Bitch" arc (the one were she used the Bow Hero to brainwash people) as well.

Instead, they changed the way Bow Hero was handled, and rather than the "Rebellion" and "New Curse" arc, we instead get the "Raphtalia's Ancestral" arc (story about her and her late parents relationship with a country).

As for Alta's plot, yeah it wasn't changed, most likely because of things relating to the next antagonist (one of the reasons Naofumi goes for revenge against Tact is because of her death).
Huh...? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-10-16, 16:48   Link #10891
Tabeleta

Thanks! I found the chapter too, seeing everyone creeping out because Naofumi was looking at them with gentle eyes was really fun!!

But by what you said, he losing his wrath didn't happen yet, right? I actually want at least a whole volume about it . Especially now that there's Kizuna, Glass and the others.

Just imagine him looking at everyone with kind eyes and saying hero-like lines like "As the Shield hero, it's my duty to protect you all" or "As long I'm here, I'll never let you die" or even "You all are my precious friends! And I trust you all!"

I can imagine everyone using healing magic or hitting his head trying to bring he back
Old 2018-12-12, 03:20   Link #10892
DragonXX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huh...? View Post
Based on what i see in the LN illustration of Vol 19, am i right to assume that
Spoiler:

I would say that over-all potential wise, she is weaker (because Hero's have higher potential than others, even Sub-Heroes).

But current strength wise (as of Vol 11), she would be on par with them, i guess.
Does anyone knows the summary of what happen in volume 19?

Last edited by DragonXX; 2018-12-12 at 04:17.
DragonXX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-12-19, 12:44   Link #10893
Anemya

now so mirellia still death I guess? and now I wonder they said naofumi has many wives incliding melty and raphtalia but are the others?

Last edited by Anemya; 2018-12-21 at 23:03.
Anemya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-01-05, 09:52   Link #10894
martinic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huh...? View Post
Naofumi reverting back to his pre-rage character happened during the "Gaelion Rampage" arc (WN version). It was during when Gaelion absorbed all the powers from Naofumi's "Shield of Wrath" (aka., Gaelion ended up absorbing Naofumi's hatred and angry along with the shield's power), causing the effects of the shield on Naofumi to revert back too much (like a really hungry person suddenly getting lots of food).

This part was skipped out (if i remember right) in the LN version, as the "Gaelion Rampage" arc (Volume 12) was done differently compared to the WN.

Yeah, things relating to Raph-chan was also changed in the LN compared to WN. And by the looks of it, it seems like they have removed the "New Curse" arc of Naofumi (the one which gave birth to the Raph race and eventually Raph-chan) along with "Rebellion of Bitch" arc (the one were she used the Bow Hero to brainwash people) as well.

Instead, they changed the way Bow Hero was handled, and rather than the "Rebellion" and "New Curse" arc, we instead get the "Raphtalia's Ancestral" arc (story about her and her late parents relationship with a country).

As for Alta's plot, yeah it wasn't changed, most likely because of things relating to the next antagonist (one of the reasons Naofumi goes for revenge against Tact is because of her death).

Awww I actually loved Mad Scientist Naofumi. That part was great.
martinic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-01-05, 12:43   Link #10895
Ultragunner

may I ask whether the other heros will get any proper development, redemption or retribution later on?

I would hate when there are too many @ssholes hanging around just to annoy the MC and the readers, especially me
Old 2019-01-05, 13:00   Link #10896
Ruki0089
Yandere Otoko Ruki-tan

They will get redemption and become Brofumi's followers.
Old 2019-01-05, 20:53   Link #10897
mickbis

But that happen around halfway.... I think
Especially certain character
mickbis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-01-14, 16:34   Link #10898
lexlexz

is there spoiler of the last volume here? the one with the other shield hero
lexlexz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-01-17, 10:16   Link #10899
zztop

I hear there's an LN arc involving Raphthalia's family legacy;
Spoiler for Spoiler:

Would it be possible for the anime to reach that far in the story?
zztop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-01-17, 10:20   Link #10900
Ruki0089
Yandere Otoko Ruki-tan

Nope. I guess this season only until Church Arc part 1.

Tags
alternate universe, bitch, dark hero, goddess heroine, harem, hero of the kitchen, rpg, shield, webnovel