AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2009-04-26, 15:13   Link #221
Yu Ominae
ARCAM Spriggan agent

Send a message via Yahoo to Yu Ominae
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mentar View Post
Why fanfic? Claudia is a valid choice in the game. In fact, she's the only character with not one, but _two_ "true" endings
Not like I've played the game though, but someone I know keeps telling me about it. I'd like to write about them when I have the time.

Even if we were at odds with each other, I still thank you for training me, Instructor Bowman - Yu Ominae, reflecting on Bowman's death after killing him in Phantom Island
Yu Ominae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-26, 18:08   Link #222
Ghostfriendly

ClaudiaxZwei might be interesting, but just too mean to Ein. I can't help wondering what that woman's history is.

It's just my impression, but Scythe-master seems as if he might use his assassins to seize power from McGuire and co if it would suit his purposes; does anything like that come up in the game? Also, is he German? I assumed that was the reason for Ein, Zwei etc.

A great series; I liked the ep1 camera work, the music is great and the visuals, especially with Zwei's transformation, almost better. Ein has a pretty strange standard outfit, and I'm sure they won't be able to develop so many characters in thirteen episodes; as somebody mentioned it does also break the mood when someone talks about how talented Ein and Zwei are. The mood is really excellent though, not unremittedly dark but emotionally intense and hopeful...though are hopes might be shattered in the end.
Ghostfriendly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-26, 20:19   Link #223
Chase

Nice going Funimation
Battlefield 4
Chase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-26, 20:50   Link #224
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chase View Post
Nice going Funimation

What happened?

Let me guess. DMCA?

Edit: Yikes, FUNi went hardcore on this and BayTSP is involved. My condolences to those who had their site taken down.

Last edited by orion; 2009-04-26 at 21:17.
orion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-26, 21:33   Link #225
cereal_killerxx

Today is a sad, sad day. I just found out that Funi licensed the series

Edit: Lucky for everyone living in the US though that you can stream the subbed episodes off the funimation website. I'm kind of disappointed in the quality (on par with youtube) but atleast we can still watch the series.

Last edited by cereal_killerxx; 2009-04-26 at 22:00.
cereal_killerxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-26, 22:47   Link #226
orion

Quote:
Originally Posted by cereal_killerxx View Post

Edit: Lucky for everyone living in the US though that you can stream the subbed episodes off the funimation website. I'm kind of disappointed in the quality (on par with youtube) but atleast we can still watch the series.

The one that was killed to warn a hundred is prob feeling pretty sad too at the moment. As you say, those in the right regions can still see this.
Old 2009-04-26, 23:01   Link #227
Tiamat's Disciple
Disciple of the Flames

funi licensed it two weeks ago, also there arent any region restrictions as far as i know. I can watch from the UK and i know people in france and germany who can watch no problem
Tiamat's Disciple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-26, 23:19   Link #228
Yu Ominae
ARCAM Spriggan agent

Send a message via Yahoo to Yu Ominae
Canadians can watch it too.

PS - I'm a sucker for older women (As long as they're sexy and hot like Claudia) and the younger male.

Even if we were at odds with each other, I still thank you for training me, Instructor Bowman - Yu Ominae, reflecting on Bowman's death after killing him in Phantom Island
Yu Ominae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-26, 23:25   Link #229
Xander

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiamat's Disciple View Post
funi licensed it two weeks ago, also there arent any region restrictions as far as i know. I can watch from the UK and i know people in france and germany who can watch no problem
That would be a wrong assumption on your part, I can assure you.

Quote:
This content is not available in your territory.

FUNimation® Entertainment manages a full spectrum of rights for anime series acquired from producers in Japan. These rights include broadcasting, licensing, production, home video sales and distribution, as well as internet. The rights agreed upon may vary per series or per region. If you are receiving this message, FUNimation does not have the internet rights for this series in your area.

If you believe you are currently in a territory to which FUNimation has rights, please e-mail us your current location at Webmaster[@]Funimation.com so we can investigate the discrepancy.

Thank you for your interest!
Where there is a will there is a way, but those restrictions definitely exist. Just because a few countries aren't blocked doesn't mean that's not an issue for other people (probably the majority of the planet, in fact).
Xander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-27, 00:20   Link #230
orion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yu Ominae View Post
Canadians can watch it too.

PS - I'm a sucker for older women (As long as they're sexy and hot like Claudia) and the younger male.
Canada is a part of Region 1 which is FUNimation's normal territory. UK and France is not normally a part of the package unless FUNimation got extra region rights (paid more money) to do so.
Old 2009-04-27, 00:44   Link #231
Chase

Spoiler for episode 4:
Battlefield 4
Chase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-27, 05:10   Link #232
izmosmolnar
At the end of this world

Quote:
Originally Posted by cereal_killerxx View Post

Spoiler for slightly OT:
izmosmolnar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-27, 07:39   Link #233
TiGR
Amateur translator

Spoiler for Ep.4:

Robert Browning: Pippa Passes
TiGR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-27, 13:02   Link #234
orion

Nice ep. 4. Zwei is a beast. Those eyes. Whose eyes are they?

I loved Ein's monologue. Her biggest battle is with herself. She has to face what she's become and make a decision about her future.

Isn't it interesting that as Ein becomes more human she makes more mistakes?
Old 2009-04-28, 15:10   Link #235
frubam
simp for Lyria

Send a message via AIM to frubam
GOD, can this adaptation get ANY better??? Ein's 'cheerful girl' acting was perfectly done, which was the highlight for me in this episode. They showed Ein's doubts about herself rather well(I didn't think they showed that until the end of the first arc). As people have already said, it gives her more depth, as she struggles to find out who she really is. They def could have did w/o the stupid 'dodging bullet matrix' effect though.

I said this a long time ago after i played the original game; Ein > Kirika .
frubam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-28, 18:07   Link #236
jayhellnice

there is a new sub group eng and in 810p for Phantom but i can not post it so you will have to look for it
jayhellnice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-28, 18:48   Link #237
orion

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayhellnice View Post
there is a new sub group eng and in 810p for Phantom but i can not post it so you will have to look for it
Yeah, alternatives usually do pop up in these circumstances.
Old 2009-04-28, 22:40   Link #238
germanturkey
Udon-YAAAAAAAA

i loved noir. this seems to be right up my alley. music is fantastic.

i can already make a guess at how it'll end...

Last edited by germanturkey; 2009-04-28 at 23:17.
germanturkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-29, 05:26   Link #239
grunty

July 8: Soundtrack #1 + what seems to be chara singles for Ein and Zwei
grunty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-29, 05:57   Link #240
SuperKnuckles
Anime Hobbyist

Thank god I'm totally out of touch with manga/game scene directly since these shows can just surprise me out of nowhere.

Honestly, I have no problems with BeeTrain shows. Even the last big one in El Cazador, it had is fun/great moments, even if its core story was sorta 'stop the end of the world!' thing and it was strangely cheery as a show.

What I love about episode 4 and this show in general is that characters don't jabber about love or hate or reveal their innermost thoughts ALL THE TIME, like most anime do nowadays. Characters actually seems to try to hide their emotions to a point, and I think that's better than most anime characters wearing emotions on their sleeves and doing in-their-minds monologue about their innermost thought all the time.
SuperKnuckles is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, eroge, gunfights, seinen