AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2013-03-27, 07:21   Link #1221
lightbringer
M9000

I kind of regret watching this. It had a good buildup but the ultimate payoff was extremely disappointing. S;G and even C;H were more interesting overall. Not sure whether all the blame can be assigned to butchering the source material though, some of these ideas just don't work.
lightbringer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-27, 09:10   Link #1222
Funkatron
Highly irregular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kansokusha View Post
Spoiler for VN spoilers:

There are more I want to say. The original material is still decent. It just got fucked up by Hanada's hand of god awful.
This totally reminds me of the hate I have for Star Driver, which would have been 10 times better if they added all the background info that they had in their bible
Funkatron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-27, 11:33   Link #1223
justsomeguy

Quote:
Spoiler for VN spoilers:

There are more I want to say. The original material is still decent. It just got fucked up by Hanada's hand of god awful.
So basically all the explanations and much of the storyline didn't make the transition to anime. Staring at the list of other shows where Hanada was head writer and how good some of them are, his failure here is shocking.

Currently playing: LoH Trails in the Sky SC
justsomeguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-27, 21:12   Link #1224
Kansokusha
Skyclad Observer

Quote:
Originally Posted by justsomeguy View Post
So basically all the explanations and much of the storyline didn't make the transition to anime. Staring at the list of other shows where Hanada was head writer and how good some of them are, his failure here is shocking.
That's why he's being called Hanada the Psycho. He is too unstable to be trusted. Back in S;G, despite how great the anime was, it still got some pacing problem, and he further reduced the presence of Feiris and Rukako, even cutting the whole yandere Nae mini-arc. He did it again with Nae(arc gone again), Junna, Subaru and others in R;N. Guess he hates minor characters? And don't leaving holes all over the place unless you're going to explain them. That's not how you write a good story, Hanada. Just never let him handle any adaptation.
Kansokusha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-27, 21:22   Link #1225
creb
Hiding Under Your Bed

Quote:
Spoiler for VN spoilers:

Considering the pacing, it seems strange that so much was cut, as the pacing wasn't exactly...fast.
Also, cake.
creb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-28, 01:40   Link #1226
MCAL

Quote:
Spoiler for VN spoilers:

Spoiler for VN spoilers:

Also, does the game ever explain how Misaki knew about Kimijima Kou? The anime seems to suggest that Misaki and Mizuka both knew Kimijima from Airi, since Mizuka refers to Airi as an old friend, but is that the case?
MCAL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-28, 02:59   Link #1227
Kansokusha
Skyclad Observer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MCAL View Post
Spoiler for VN spoilers:

Also, does the game ever explain how Misaki knew about Kimijima Kou? The anime seems to suggest that Misaki and Mizuka both knew Kimijima from Airi, since Mizuka refers to Airi as an old friend, but is that the case?
Spoiler for VN spoilers:
Old 2013-03-28, 04:00   Link #1228
Allium
Keep on keeping on

Quote:
Spoiler for VN spoilers:

That's an awful lot of important explanatory stuff left out. Suddenly the R;N anime feels much worse to me than I originally thought.
Allium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-28, 04:09   Link #1229
Kansokusha
Skyclad Observer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allium View Post
That's an awful lot of important explanatory stuff left out. Suddenly the R;N anime feels much worse to me than I originally thought.
It's just the tip of the iceberg... if I were to explain all the differences, I might as well translating the entire VN. God it's 60 hrs worth of story...
Old 2013-03-28, 09:57   Link #1230
trinitem
Dedicated Lurker

Quote:
It's just the tip of the iceberg... if I were to explain all the differences, I might as well translating the entire VN. God it's 60 hrs worth of story...
Why not ? Share some love to quell the anger. Thanks for the previously posted spoilers though. Was wondering about more than one of those answers.
trinitem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-28, 10:07   Link #1231
Qikz

It may not be as good as the game (which I still need to buy) and may have been cliched as hell but damn I loved Robotics;Notes the whole way through. Much like Steins;Gate, the anime made me go and buy them game which I then played through and it's not my favourite series of all time. Mages didn't dissapoint me again <3

Another major thing about people complaining about plot points, I see where you're coming from, but Robo anime in itself is just a massive pile of cliches and half the stuff doesn't make any sense, if it did, it wouldn't be science fiction anymore

Last edited by Qikz; 2013-03-28 at 10:18.
Qikz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-28, 11:38   Link #1232
creb
Hiding Under Your Bed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qikz View Post
half the stuff doesn't make any sense, if it did, it wouldn't be science fiction anymore
That you believe science fiction isn't supposed to make sense makes me so sad.
Also, cake.
creb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-28, 18:39   Link #1233
Qikz

Quote:
Originally Posted by creb View Post
That you believe science fiction isn't supposed to make sense makes me so sad.
I'm probably one of the biggest sci-fi fans that I know of and when you take into account the backstories and random explanations for the majority of sci-fi (heck even Steins;Gate and I love that series to bits) none of it really makes any sense in the long haul. Even Star Trek uses technical babble half the time to cover up completely ridiculous plot lines.
Old 2013-04-29, 19:42   Link #1234
Midonin
Last Engage

So about that stage play.

It has the actors/actresses for Captain Marvelous/Gokai Red (Ryota Ozawa) as Kai, Yoko Usami/Yellow Buster (Arisa Komiya) as Aki, and Kaito/Kamen Rider Diend (Kimito Totani) as Subaru. It's like Super Hero War all over again. The rest of the cast looks nice, too, but I recognize those three.
Midonin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-06, 11:29   Link #1235
Midonin
Last Engage

Doesn't look half bad, actually.
Midonin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-25, 18:42   Link #1236
Qikz

I apologise for the bump but Robotics;Notes has finally been announced for a console other than the PS3/360. I can't wait to get my hands on the newly announced vita version and I'm really looking forward to seeing how the other arcs end. Good news for importers and fans of the series atleast.
Old 2013-08-04, 02:14   Link #1237
The Bloodlust Kid
Needs a better screenname

Send a message via AIM to The Bloodlust Kid
I just marathoned both S;G and R;N and fully regret not picking them up sooner.
Spoiler for Opinions:

I don't know what else to write, I'm never good at these things. I enjoyed the show while it lasted but from what I'm reading I feel like I'm missing out on a lot. Oh well, guess I'll have to wait for a PC release.
The Bloodlust Kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-01-28, 04:59   Link #1238
Bakaizer
Demon Hunter

Decided to marathon robotics notes but can't help but bothered with some questions, good thing I decided to dwell in the forums.

the romance part was just simply awful . Talk about forced

P.S sorry for the necro
Old 2015-01-28, 08:55   Link #1239
Chosen_Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bakaizer View Post
Decided to marathon robotics notes but can't help but bothered with some questions, good thing I decided to dwell in the forums.

the romance part was just simply awful . Talk about forced

P.S sorry for the necro
I agree, as much as I like to see childhood friends end up together in this anime it just didn't work, Frau was a way better choice from what I saw throughout the anime.
Old 2015-01-28, 11:28   Link #1240
Bakaizer
Demon Hunter

I've heard the manga robotics notes revival legacy goes on a frau route. I don't know if its true though

Tags
science fiction