AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2009-03-31, 23:36   Link #61
Magin
#1 Akashiya Moka Fan
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Magin Send a message via MSN to Magin
yes, this time around I do believe it's Kagura's fault...

shame that translations are so far behind, because I'd like to find out the exact details of the most recent chapters

R+V fanfic- Chapter 4 of A Water Bride and a Vampire is now up at FF.net!

All fans of Inner or Outer Moka, come join her fanclub!
Magin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-03, 22:08   Link #62
cyoti

Quote:
Originally Posted by danin8r44 View Post
Close to the only one. You do get the close sister/friend feeling from the two, but that's how many romances start off in manga. Move from a close relationship to yuri and it feels like the yuri feel has permeated many levels of their relationship.
If the anime is to be trusted, she seems to have been both a surrogate mother and older sister for Kagura.
cyoti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-03, 23:23   Link #63
Magin
#1 Akashiya Moka Fan
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Magin Send a message via MSN to Magin
well, the anime seems pretty trustworthy, as several things in the manga shown during flashbacks apparently match up

R+V fanfic- Chapter 4 of A Water Bride and a Vampire is now up at FF.net!

All fans of Inner or Outer Moka, come join her fanclub!
Magin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-21, 00:36   Link #64
Yu Ominae
ARCAM Spriggan agent

Send a message via Yahoo to Yu Ominae
Agree there.

Right now, the live show coming on May 3, 2009 will determine on how the direction of Ga-rei will continue. Particularly both manga/perhaps OVA.

Even if we were at odds with each other, I still thank you for training me, Instructor Bowman - Yu Ominae, reflecting on Bowman's death after killing him in Phantom Island
Yu Ominae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-23, 02:49   Link #65
Yu Ominae
ARCAM Spriggan agent

Well, kuu's got a new release of chapter 33.

Heard from them that volume 8's entirely translated.

Even if we were at odds with each other, I still thank you for training me, Instructor Bowman - Yu Ominae, reflecting on Bowman's death after killing him in Phantom Island
Old 2009-04-24, 11:43   Link #66
Johnny
Working the bags...

Was an ok chapter...I guess it's hard to follow up after the previous couple of chapters...It's like watching a big firework show, then afterwards the next door neighbors letting off sparklers...
Johnny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-02, 05:12   Link #67
Yomi Isayama

Since yomi is back, I wonder how Noriyuki will respond to this. I hope they both get back together since they had a unique history with one another. Although, their is some hints he might end up with the other girl with the electic sprit beast (forgot her name). And by reading the spoilers, it seems she is only focused on Kagura. Does anyone have information about Yomi in the chapters that were not scanlated? Chp 35 and above?
Yomi Isayama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-02, 05:16   Link #68
Wargumm1i
Hentai

I just cant help but feel sorry for Kensuke not only did his lover or could have bin girlfriend Kagura forget everything he has done for her, but not only did Yomi and Kagura prove how incredibly weak he was unable too cut the Youkai, but Yomi cut it perfectly.

And Kagura doesnt even know her past and yet she is overly powerful.
Wargumm1i is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-02, 05:50   Link #69
Johnny
Working the bags...

I agree and they didn't really play the amnesia plus bring back the dead look alike card to well. Held my opinion before reading 34+35, but I'll only glance from time to time when boredom strikes now. He should have stuck with Shizuru....
Johnny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-03, 22:07   Link #70
Sin Ansem
With this I'm Invincible!

Send a message via AIM to Sin Ansem Send a message via MSN to Sin Ansem
I dunno... it's more about how... sudden everything feels. I don't mind SUDDEN GENRE SHIFTS if the direction it goes intrigues me, just like I hate them if I don't like that direction. This one got lucky because I find the antics amusing. But this pseudo Yomi doesn't do much other than freak out, get a lucky shot and then quietly desire Kagura.

Maybe I'm missing the hints, or the hints weren't good. Might be the issue.

I Am Negima!?, and SO CAN YOU!
Part the First
Part the Second
Abandon Sanity, all ye who read here
Sin Ansem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-03, 23:05   Link #71
Xacual

Its probably just because the Author didn't realize he should just end it at the end of the Kyuubi arc. Or decided because of how the Anime went that bringing Yomi back again would be a good idea, don't know, I lost interest with the manga.

I was influenced by a certain group overflowing with madness and started trying to write a story. Please give it a try. Crashed into Fantasy
Xacual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-03, 23:35   Link #72
Kazu-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xacual View Post
Its probably just because the Author didn't realize he should just end it at the end of the Kyuubi arc. Or decided because of how the Anime went that bringing Yomi back again would be a good idea, don't know, I lost interest with the manga.
Too bad for you then. For me, it's way better now.

There are many reasons for this but... you see, at the end of the anime Kagura states that she shouldn't have left Yomi alone (at the hospital). Whether she thought Yomi was guilty or not, she should have been there for her, she says. This a regret that will always be there in her heart, the one thing that's most important to her.

Now this arc gives Kagura the opportunity to "go back" to that time, but now do what she thinks is right. You'll understand this clearly in chapter 42.

Last edited by Kazu-kun; 2009-05-04 at 02:08.
Kazu-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-05, 04:16   Link #73
Yu Ominae
ARCAM Spriggan agent

Scans are getting uped. Chapter 36 and an extra chapter are out.

Old 2009-05-05, 12:59   Link #74
danin8r44
The King of the Insane

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xacual View Post
I agree 110%. If you are a very strong fan of Yomi or Kagura, then the author brought Yomi back for you, wiped Kagura's memory for you, and you are probably loving this new arc. If you either preferred the manga to the anime, or liked Ga Rei for reasons other than Yomi or Kagura, then you probably saw the new arc as a bad plot twist that doesn't flow well.

Overall, I'm fine with Kagura losing her memories and Yomi coming back. This is because it will only last one arc(hopefully), and I can only half read through this arc as the plot goes around in a giant circle. If Yomi stays alive after this arc I'm going to stop reading because if someone dies basically three times I want them to stay dead, even if that character is pretty good.
danin8r44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-05, 13:29   Link #75
Ichy
It`s a miracle!

Location: This is the Kind of Woman I want to play Games with. And by playing Games I mean.... ^____^
Don`t worry Yomi does not have any luck. Something bad WILL happen to her again you can be sure of it
Old 2009-05-05, 13:32   Link #76
Wargumm1i
Hentai

I do wonder if the amnesia will last forever or will she regain it.

Also how many chapters are there out in Japan? raw that is.
Old 2009-05-05, 13:43   Link #77
Kazu-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wargumm1i View Post
I do wonder if the amnesia will last forever or will she regain it.
Spoiler for about Kagura's memories:

Quote:
Also how many chapters are there out in Japan? raw that is.
43, and now the story is getting good. Kagura makes an important decision, and we're finally getting some hits about what's Yomi doing here (alive, I mean).

BTW, I don't think Yomi will die again now, but I do think the manga will probably end with this arc. Just a wild guess though.
Old 2009-05-05, 13:48   Link #78
Wargumm1i
Hentai

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazu-kun View Post
Spoiler for about Kagura's memories:

43, and now the story is getting good. Kagura makes an important decision, and we're finally getting some hits about what's Yomi doing here (alive, I mean).

BTW, I don't think Yomi will died again now, but I do think the manga will probably end with this arc. Just a wild guess though.
Spoiler:
Old 2009-05-05, 14:02   Link #79
Kazu-kun

Quote:
Spoiler:
Well, I really don't know why people began to scream "OH, NOOO. YURI" the moment they saw Yomi was back. She wasn't brought back for that reason.
Old 2009-05-05, 14:40   Link #80
Dragon TY

I don't know whats going on with this manga anymore lol.

Credit goes to Tjaard for avatar and sig.
Dragon TY is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, shounen