AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Fairy Tail

Notices

Old 2017-04-28, 08:33   Link #16801
immblueversion

Oh hey, look! Consequences!

Also, no chapter next week from the looks of things.

I just know what you should be doing.
immblueversion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-04-28, 09:05   Link #16802
B214

A pretty amusing chapter if you choose to ignore it's faults.
B214 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-04-28, 10:24   Link #16803
ImperialFlameGod8190

Quote:
Originally Posted by B214 View Post
The problem is they're so hard to ignore. This is getting to levels of ridiculousness that are almost painful.

Im the current vice-general of the DxD Army (aka the translators army.
We support translators efforts and i do not tolerate impatience by people waiting for translations

https://www.fanfiction.net/u/6980252/ This is my fanfiction page i have 6 stories to check out if you guys are interested
ImperialFlameGod8190 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-04-28, 10:29   Link #16804
Diluc
Darkhero of Monstadt

Quote:
Originally Posted by immblueversion View Post
Oh hey, look! Consequences!

Also, no chapter next week from the looks of things.
Hooooraaay!!!
wait!! wth i am doing?? this so reversed
Diluc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-04-28, 17:46   Link #16805
immblueversion

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImperialFlameGod8190 View Post
The problem is they're so hard to ignore. This is getting to levels of ridiculousness that are almost painful.
I'm just glad it's not worse than that Irene travesty.

Old 2017-04-28, 21:01   Link #16806
ImperialFlameGod8190

Quote:
Originally Posted by immblueversion View Post
I'm just glad it's not worse than that Irene travesty.
If you mean Erza slashing Irene's Draco meteor to pieces on a dead arm yea i actually this is worse. Acnologia messing around ripped Gildarts to shreds. If he's serious Jellal is pretty much as good as dead.
The whole August Zakheid situation was even more stupid. This arc is becoming as nonsensical as Naruto's ending

Im the current vice-general of the DxD Army (aka the translators army.
We support translators efforts and i do not tolerate impatience by people waiting for translations

https://www.fanfiction.net/u/6980252/ This is my fanfiction page i have 6 stories to check out if you guys are interested
ImperialFlameGod8190 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-04-28, 22:45   Link #16807
cyberdemon

after watching the anime, why could Erza go through Freed's runes during the Battle of Fairy Tail? We understand now why Natsu and Gajeel could since they were brought from the past with the use of Eclipse. Erza also came from the same time period even if Irene was pregnant with her for 400 years. She still existed back then so shouldn't the barrier have stopped her as well?
Old 2017-04-28, 23:25   Link #16808
Blueknight78

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyberdemon View Post
after watching the anime, why could Erza go through Freed's runes during the Battle of Fairy Tail? We understand now why Natsu and Gajeel could since they were brought from the past with the use of Eclipse. Erza also came from the same time period even if Irene was pregnant with her for 400 years. She still existed back then so shouldn't the barrier have stopped her as well?
you really don't understand why they could not pass, here the explanation.
the problem with "natsu" and gajeel where not because they "come from the past" but because they have "dragons" inside they bodys, then the magic don't allowed them pass since the dragons where "hundred" or thousand" years old, even if a tiny part of them, they still inside and that what was what the "rune" caught and don't allowed to pass, just because they "travelled in time" this don't means which they "aged", "time travel" don't age peoples or make them be threated as "aged", if you are a young you will be young if you are old you will be a old, because your body didn't suffer any age change you just "skip some years in time" it's like that time gap never happened for you and like the 400 years gap for them was "nothing", like if they have a "time disease" like a cancer which could have killed then after x time this cance could not "kill then if they travelled" because for them that x time never happened, they gonna still have that "X" time of life, otherwise "time travel histories could lead to the guy traveling ending "dying" because he traveled like Hundred years ahead his time where his bould could automatically age after pass the time to get on the "lost gap", or even the reverse, the guy get so young to the point of disappear just because was not born on that time.

the condition was "peoples above 60(or something like that) years old could not pass which was the case of the dragons inside them not they "ages".
Old 2017-04-29, 00:21   Link #16809
B214

Quote:
So i suppose your current birthday is wrong since you existed 9 months earlier.
Old 2017-04-29, 01:50   Link #16810
Krono

Quote:
I don't think I've seen any complaints about the chapter that aren't people either really reaching, or outright inventing something to complain about.
Krono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-04-29, 03:14   Link #16811
cyberdemon

Quote:
So i suppose your current birthday is wrong since you existed 9 months earlier.
Erza didn't exist 9 months earlier, she existed 400 YEARS earlier
Old 2017-04-29, 03:52   Link #16812
B214

But she wasn't born 400 years earlier.
Old 2017-04-29, 05:07   Link #16813
Clipens

How do you think Irene will return in the story (Milky way, Historia of the dead, Surprise enchantment)?

---

Did Lucy write a wrong word?
Clipens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-04-29, 13:15   Link #16814
cyberdemon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clipens View Post
How do you think Irene will return in the story (Milky way, Historia of the dead, Surprise enchantment)?

---

Did Lucy write a wrong word?
She's rewriting the book of a demon, she's not going to come out unscathed from doing so
Old 2017-04-30, 14:40   Link #16815
immblueversion

Quote:
Erza didn't exist 9 months earlier, she existed 400 YEARS earlier
A person's age is determined by the number of years after they come out of the womb, pure and simple. I highly doubt Fried was accounting for centuries-long pregnancies when he came up with the age rule, let alone the standard 9 months.

Besides, it's long past time to drop the theory that Natsu and Gajeel couldn't pass the barrier because they were 400 years old. Mashima confirmed in Volume 15's Q&A that neither of them was older than 80, and that revealing any more would be giving away "an important plot point". He further reinforced the idea by giving the other Dragon Slayers definite ages in their profiles (12 for Wendy, 19 for Sting and Rogue). With their age ruled out, the explanation of the dragons that were sealed in their bodies makes more sense because, while we don't know their dragon guardians' exact age, Irene gave us absolute proof of how long dragons can live.

So to set things straight, neither time travel nor temporal stasis has any effect on a character's biological age in this series. I know at least one translation of Chapter 530 where the King says Anna is 400 years old because she came from the past, but that's a mistake; the actual dialogue (あなたは400年前の人間) translates to "You're a human from 400 years ago". From this, we can infer that there are no plot holes surrounding Erza's ability to pass Fried's barrier.

Old 2017-04-30, 21:14   Link #16816
Krono

I'm pretty sure Fried's barrier simply checked dates. Such as testing if someone was born before 1/1/x704 and blocking them with a message of "those over 80 may not pass". The dragon slayers and Erza all may have been conceived 400 or more years ago, but the dragon slayers were born more than 400 years ago, and Erza was born less then 20 years ago. Thus Natsu and Gajeel get blocked, but Erza does not. No need to get into theories about it being the dragons not the dragon slayers, or come up with dubious logic as to why Erza didn't get blocked despite having existed for 400 years. Fried's spell was simply checking birthdates, not the physical age of a person, or amount of time they'd existed.
Krono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-05-01, 20:21   Link #16817
immblueversion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krono View Post
I'm pretty sure Fried's barrier simply checked dates. Such as testing if someone was born before 1/1/x704 and blocking them with a message of "those over 80 may not pass". The dragon slayers and Erza all may have been conceived 400 or more years ago, but the dragon slayers were born more than 400 years ago, and Erza was born less then 20 years ago. Thus Natsu and Gajeel get blocked, but Erza does not. No need to get into theories about it being the dragons not the dragon slayers, or come up with dubious logic as to why Erza didn't get blocked despite having existed for 400 years. Fried's spell was simply checking birthdates, not the physical age of a person, or amount of time they'd existed.
If you ask me, that sounds more dubious than detecting a person's physical age. What source would the runes use to determine someone's birth date?

Old 2017-05-03, 14:11   Link #16818
Ravagerblade
The Fearless

Ever thought that Freeds enchantments/scripts aren't perfect?

“No, I don’t get it at all. I may claim to ‘understand’ Othinus, but I only know her as a girl. I don’t understand anything when it comes to her being a Magic God.” - Touma NT13
Ravagerblade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-05-05, 07:30   Link #16819
Clipens

Quote:
During the flashback Irene told she used an enchantment on Erza to stop her aging during the pregnancy (An Irene's version of Fairy Sphere).

----

I think it's useless to apply the logic on Natsu, Erza or August. They are anomalies
I'm more interested in Raven Tail's imp and Franmalth's role (when and how they'll appear)
Clipens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-05-08, 08:06   Link #16820
Tuor

Just FYI: it's called a birthday because it's the day of your birth. "Birth" is what happens when you leave the womb, not when inception occurs. The +9 months thing is nonsensical.
Tuor is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, adventure, fantasy, shounen