AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga > To Aru... Railgun [M/LN]

Notices

Old 2013-06-15, 02:46   Link #581
Marina2

So, in the end, we still don't know what happen to Shinobu.

Can we still hope for an original content about this in the future?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dniv View Post
....She is a new character so they are having trouble deciding how she will look. After all, she hasn't really done that much in Railgun S to warrant her having a really facial expression... I think you are also kind of being a little nitpicky...
That's not an excuse. They have a lot of time to design and to draw her like other ITEM members. Rikou normally doesn't show much emotion on her face from the begin with. It should be even easier to draw her face than other character. Kinuhata Saiai has less scene time her but they draw her face right.

Little nitpicky? Not at all, this is a very notable thing when I watching the ep.

Quote:
Originally Posted by touge-n00b View Post
Spoiler for This face?:

No, I talked about this

Images
True Epic face
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Last edited by Marina2; 2013-06-15 at 03:10.
Marina2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-15, 19:05   Link #582
dniv
I’m sorry, Kamijou-san!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marina2 View Post
So, in the end, we still don't know what happen to Shinobu.

Can we still hope for an original content about this in the future?

That's not an excuse. They have a lot of time to design and to draw her like other ITEM members. Rikou normally doesn't show much emotion on her face from the begin with. It should be even easier to draw her face than other character. Kinuhata Saiai has less scene time her but they draw her face right.

Little nitpicky? Not at all, this is a very notable thing when I watching the ep.

No, I talked about this

Images
True Epic face
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Lol, I know. But Mugino's face there was still priceless. I liked seeing that... Plus, we'll see her "real" face later on... not in Railgun S...

I get what you're saying about Rikou. It is kind of important to make her done correctly: it's just that she didn't really do anything that important here, even if she had her "own" episode. I think J.C. staff thought that in terms of the Railgun part of the raildex franchise it wouldn't have mattered that much assuming ITEM doesn't appear again in future seasons.

I agree though that she could be done better, but given all of the money the people making Index III will have from the movie, it should be animated kind of amazingly at this point... I still don't see why they couldn't animate both projects at the same time though if they are run by separate animation groups?... anyway...

In terms of Shinobu, it sounded like they might do something with original content soon enough even though it remains to be seen... we'll find out, I guess... She's the only character I've seen so far in the entire franchise that has been left out.

BTW: In terms of Shinobu, [
Spoiler for LN 3 tiny tiny spoiler about something mentioned only in the LN, it wasn't in the railgun manga, it was also mentioned only very briefly:
maybe we'll see something with Shinobu then (if they do a flashback arc at this point). Remember she is good at doing things with virsuses... I'm not entirely sure though...

__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ____

For those people who have read the manga, I say this about Mikoto because Accelerator was telling her that she only cared about girls that looked like her dying. The reason Mikoto's line that she was protecting "her little sisters" had such a powerful effect was that beforehand she was thinking of them as "clones" that looked like her. This made her sick. She changes from selfish to actually wanting to save her clones lives a little more after she talks to Touma who criticizes how she treats Misaka 10032 in episode 11 (which will come out). Mikoto feels guilty about yelling at her and making her run away. This is what causes her to become more and more guilty. In episode 13 (the bridge episode probably) she realizes that she really wants to save their lives and cares about more than just seeing them die. Mikoto didn't feel this way about them before. That's why Kamachi had Accelerator say that line, it was to illustrate how she had felt about the clones until then.

The impact of that line was so powerful because Mikoto finally acknowledge the humanity of her clones and even called them her little sisters...

__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ______

By the way guys, I just realized that Liberal Arts City arc definitely fits in with the scheduling of everything that is going on after-all. This is from LN 3... but I think summer vacation happens on August 22nd everywhere in AC. This kind of fits perfectly with them having the reason to go to Liberal Arts City arc because it's a summer field trip. (summer vacation in August though?)

Also, in the manga chapter where Touma asked Mikoto if she was doing summer research: that fits, right?

About the episode 10 discussion... earlier... I think I accidentally posted stuff from what would be in later episodes... oops.... that was completely unintentional... I'm happy it's gone now... I thought that it happened in episode 5... but I guess my memory was bad when Mikoto recognized that all of AC was bad............................................... .........................................

Last edited by dniv; 2013-06-16 at 02:03.
dniv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-21, 04:13   Link #583
zaeraal

Preview for episode 11:
http://news.dengeki.com/elem/000/000/660/660112/
zaeraal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-21, 08:16   Link #584
RPG_Fanatic
Fallere825

I see Touma getting assistance with his soda cans, and Accelerator in a hoodie. Looks like this episode is getting material beyond the manga. I assume this has to providing greater details about Touma's involvement for Railgun Anime fans, and maybe fleshing out Accelerator's character a bit.
Old 2013-06-21, 10:17   Link #585
dniv
I’m sorry, Kamijou-san!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RPG_Fanatic View Post
I see Touma getting assistance with his soda cans, and Accelerator in a hoodie. Looks like this episode is getting material beyond the manga. I assume this has to providing greater details about Touma's involvement for Railgun Anime fans, and maybe fleshing out Accelerator's character a bit.
Actually, this might make you more or less excited... (it made me more excited)... but this material is from the special volume version of the Railgun manga. This isn't original. There might have been 1 or 2 very short original scenes in there. However, the flashback wasn't new and the clone that Accelerator finished off (I'm not sure) might have not been new. The special version of the railgun manga has more material than the usual version. I was really excited when I found out about it.

So you could either read it, or learn it from scratch in the anime adaptation. I'm sure either way would be nice. I found out about it a few months ago and read it as soon as I found out.

Yeah, so if you haven't read it... expect new material!
Old 2013-06-21, 12:45   Link #586
RPG_Fanatic
Fallere825

Quote:
Actually, this might make you more or less excited... (it made me more excited)... but this material is from the special volume version of the Railgun manga. This isn't original. There might have been 1 or 2 very short original scenes in there. However, the flashback wasn't new and the clone that Accelerator finished off (I'm not sure) might have not been new. The special version of the railgun manga has more material than the usual version. I was really excited when I found out about it.

So you could either read it, or learn it from scratch in the anime adaptation. I'm sure either way would be nice. I found out about it a few months ago and read it as soon as I found out.

Yeah, so if you haven't read it... expect new material!
I've read and own the manga, so I know about the extended material. I've only seen the screencaps, so I wasn't sure what the accelerator appearance was about. My comment was more about wondering what material is getting pulled in from the novel and how it is going to fit.

Putting the Accelerator flashback now makes more sense than putting it right before Touma's finishing blow.
Old 2013-06-21, 13:04   Link #587
Ilidsor
Angelerator

Accelerator in a hoodie? I can't wait for this episode just for that now.
Old 2013-06-21, 14:56   Link #588
greensoulreaper
こんにちは

Quote:
I wonder if they'll do that shimapan scene again?
greensoulreaper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-21, 17:16   Link #589
DorkingtonPugsly

Quote:
Originally Posted by greensoulreaper View Post
I wonder if they'll do that shimapan scene again?
I kinda hope so...

Quote:
Putting the Accelerator flashback now makes more sense than putting it right before Touma's finishing blow.
They still have the latter half of the flashback to put in, so I'm guessing they're saving it for the fight.
Old 2013-06-21, 18:55   Link #590
Goldzero

http://yaraon.blog109.fc2.com/blog-entry-16741.html anyone who speaks Japanese might tell me what the comments are saying here? im interested in knowing what their saying so if you can answer this you can have my thanks.
Goldzero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-22, 18:01   Link #591
dniv
I’m sorry, Kamijou-san!!

Quote:
I've read and own the manga, so I know about the extended material. I've only seen the screencaps, so I wasn't sure what the accelerator appearance was about. My comment was more about wondering what material is getting pulled in from the novel and how it is going to fit.

Oh yeah:
Spoiler for LN3:
Old 2013-06-24, 22:30   Link #592
icebreaker

Quote:
Oh yeah:
Spoiler for LN3:
There is a problem here.. He was chewing the finger in the novels when the clone was alive to induce fear from them. The finger chewing in the anime is totally pointless...

Quote:

Accelerator in a hoodie is in the tankonbon version of the manga. Well, I can't post pictures here.
icebreaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-25, 20:12   Link #593
Sasukeuzi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goldzero View Post
http://yaraon.blog109.fc2.com/blog-entry-16741.html anyone who speaks Japanese might tell me what the comments are saying here? im interested in knowing what their saying so if you can answer this you can have my thanks.
I think it's just an article about the upcoming climax of the Sister's Arc that includes Touma.
Sasukeuzi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-27, 09:25   Link #594
zaeraal

New Railgun S episode titles are out.

Code:
13. 一方通行               ( One-Way Road )
14. 約束(橋の上?)          ( Promises )
15. 最弱(上条さんvs一方さん)  ( Weakest )
16. 姉妹(後日談?)          ( Sister )
16th episode is also the end of Sister Arc.
They also mention that afterwards is an Anime-Original Story with Kuroko and co.
Plus a character that appeared only in one frame in manga (Index and Harue did that)

Source http://yaraon.blog109.fc2.com/blog-entry-17087.html

Last edited by zaeraal; 2013-06-27 at 12:52.
Old 2013-06-27, 09:44   Link #595
Candyshark

Daamn it! If they didn't do that beach episode we would got Kongo and Mikoto "date" and journey to form a clique. 6-8 episodes full of Kurorko may not sit with plenty of people plus drag down the good impression of this season.
Candyshark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-27, 09:48   Link #596
zaeraal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Candyshark View Post
Daamn it! If they didn't do that beach episode we would got Kongo and Mikoto "date" and journey to form a clique. 6-8 episodes full of Kurorko may not sit with plenty of people plus drag down the good impression of this season.
I would not be trowing it aside yet, as all this stories are written by Kamachi.
And Kuroko was originally supposed to be the PROTAGONIST of Railgun.
He wrote for her the story, but later had to change it to Mikoto when editor told him.

It could be just as much epic as the Sister Arc.
Old 2013-06-27, 10:13   Link #597
RPG_Fanatic
Fallere825

Boo I wanted to see liberal Arts animated. Season 3 of Railgun is going to be confusing for some people if it isn't animated before the daihaseisai arc.

I really hope they don't go back to season 1 full yuri mode Kuroko. It made me loath her character for that season. Kuroko's character has been handled much better this season, so I hope they keep the current balance.

The only bad thing about filler arcs like this is that they can't add much character development or add much to the overall plot in order to not disrupt the story of future arc from the source material.
Old 2013-06-27, 11:42   Link #598
julioalqae
the pragma

Send a message via Yahoo to julioalqae
i hope they don't use that "vacation" foreshadowing for nothing.......

well if it won't be....a liberal art city....i'll be heavily dissapointed with nagai......., the liberal art city is perfect arc for cute girl doing cute thing with plots that connected with main story....
Old 2013-06-27, 13:48   Link #599
dniv
I’m sorry, Kamijou-san!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by zaeraal View Post
New Railgun S episode titles are out.

Code:
13. 一方通行               ( One-Way Road )
14. 約束(橋の上?)          ( Promises )
15. 最弱(上条さんvs一方さん)  ( Weakest )
16. 姉妹(後日談?)          ( Sister )
16th episode is also the end of Sister Arc.
They also mention that afterwards is an Anime-Original Story with Kuroko and co.
Plus a character that appeared only in one frame in manga (Index and Harue did that)

Source http://yaraon.blog109.fc2.com/blog-entry-17087.html
I predicted exactly 16 episodes. I'm pretty happy here about this. I'm guessing 14 is dedicated to the bridge and the beginning of the fight? 13 is.... also the bridge and some other stuff before? Episode 15 will be my second favorite all season I am sure. Episode 16 will be my fourth favorite. It's the moment (other than the one from the LN) where Mikoto finally falls in love.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zaeraal View Post
I would not be trowing it aside yet, as all this stories are written by Kamachi.
And Kuroko was originally supposed to be the PROTAGONIST of Railgun.
He wrote for her the story, but later had to change it to Mikoto when editor told him.

It could be just as much epic as the Sister Arc.
Yeah, I remember this. Kuroko really was originally supposed to be a great protagonist. It kind of makes it look awful what J.C. staff has done to her 50% of the time. But she is a fine character anyway... she's even great at times. I hope there's a nunotaba arc. This would be great for continuity. It might have Index. Plus... liberal arts city takes like 2-4 episodes. There is no reason they couldn't put it in... I'm definitely still expecting it. Don't even dare say we won't see it. At this point, I think it's fairly obvious that we're going to see it. They are just going to add something like a Nunotaba rescue arc, which isn't all that bad. I'm just happy with the episode names I see right now. They make me very happy. But I find it funny that Touma is the "weakest" and not Saten. I know Chaos told me it's poetic, but still...

Quote:
Boo I wanted to see liberal Arts animated. Season 3 of Railgun is going to be confusing for some people if it isn't animated before the daihaseisai arc.

I really hope they don't go back to season 1 full yuri mode Kuroko. It made me loath her character for that season. Kuroko's character has been handled much better this season, so I hope they keep the current balance.

The only bad thing about filler arcs like this is that they can't add much character development or add much to the overall plot in order to not disrupt the story of future arc from the source material.
I'm sure it'll happen. They mentioned it anyway so many times. This might involve Index/Harrue or Nunotaba so I feel hopeful here like Zaarael said. You are also forgetting Lo maybe? She might be involved even though I doubt it. (as long as it's pre- three stories arc it might be good) it might even be involved with Amai. He was only in one frame. That would be nice extra exposition seeing the railgun side of things. They don't have to find out about the sisters to do something with him. (I feel like this is more reasonable because he was in the anime/manga and Index probably isn't appearing and Harrue appearing is a given anyway at this point).

I'm pretty excited for this. I wonder what it's actually going to be... Well as long as it's good, I don't mind if it's anime original. This gives me hope about enough material for LN adaptations for season 3. This also gives me hope they can squeeze LA city this season (not L.A. Cally lol even though it is technically like right next to it/ or Hollywood).

Also,
Spoiler for Index season 3:
(maybe more Accel which would be awesome... even though I doubt it... )

Quote:
Originally Posted by julioalqae View Post
i hope they don't use that "vacation" foreshadowing for nothing.......

well if it won't be....a liberal art city....i'll be heavily dissapointed with nagai......., the liberal art city is perfect arc for cute girl doing cute thing with plots that connected with main story....
We can expect it. It's a common tactic. Lower the viewers hopes and then surprisingly put it in. This way it has more impact. It might be something else that helps set up Daihasesai arc as well and LA city. If this is true, I will be impressed. As long as it is good, I don't see the problem lol As long as they exceed my expectations, they did their job correctly.

Plus, as I already said, I believe it will happen. People noted earlier that LA city arc is about 4 episodes max and I was like they can take there time with it... this makes more sense. This means we will have a good fast paced adaptation of LA city most likely.

Last edited by dniv; 2013-06-27 at 15:20.
Old 2013-06-27, 16:38   Link #600
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Interesting... Episode 13 for the first Index season is also titled "Accelerator ippoutsuukou (akuserareuta) 一方通行(アクセラレータ)"

Episode 14 for Index is "Weakest vs Strongest saijaku vs saikyou 最弱vs最強"
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote