AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2009-10-12, 04:33   Link #981
Tsuyoshi
Disabled By Request

Send a message via AIM to Tsuyoshi Send a message via MSN to Tsuyoshi
Quote:
Originally Posted by orangejuicetang View Post
I just realized that the Ling-Greed scene interestingly parallels earlier when Ling first fused with Greed. Specifically, the whole "power, give me power" thing. The difference is the first time Greed just sort of laughed at it saying "show me how much you can take", but here, Greed's more kind calm and thoughtful (not sure this is the right word to use) responding with the "sure, we got some time to kill"
Probably because they've been together long enough for Greed to understand that Ling can take quite a bit of punishment now, not to mention he wants to keep everything he has, including his friends or perhaps Ling's friends.
Tsuyoshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-12, 10:44   Link #982
JackRydden224
Knight of Twelve's Knight

Anybody got an idea how tall Ed is at the moment? He is still one of the shorter characters but he does look a lot bigger than years ago. I remember there was one scene where he stood in front of Winry in the last 10 chapters or so and Winry only reached his nose.
Old 2009-10-12, 15:10   Link #983
Tsuyoshi
Disabled By Request

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackRydden224 View Post
Anybody got an idea how tall Ed is at the moment? He is still one of the shorter characters but he does look a lot bigger than years ago. I remember there was one scene where he stood in front of Winry in the last 10 chapters or so and Winry only reached his nose.
You mean this scene?

Spoiler for Scene:

Ok, seriously:

Spoiler for Actual Scene:

I did notice he's a fair bit taller than Winry now, but I don't know exactly how tall tbh. Last I hear, he was 1.68 meters or something.
Old 2009-10-13, 01:39   Link #984
JackRydden224
Knight of Twelve's Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yoko Takeo View Post
You mean this scene?

Spoiler for Scene:

Ok, seriously:

Spoiler for Actual Scene:

I did notice he's a fair bit taller than Winry now, but I don't know exactly how tall tbh. Last I hear, he was 1.68 meters or something.
Right on! Thanks man.

I guess it's just like the first page you posted said, Ed has gotten as tall as he needs to get the girl. If he grows any taller then it's just for his own satisfaction, no real advantages anymore

On another note, he really really really looks like Hoenhiem now.
Old 2009-10-13, 05:51   Link #985
Tsuyoshi
Disabled By Request

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackRydden224 View Post
Right on! Thanks man.

I guess it's just like the first page you posted said, Ed has gotten as tall as he needs to get the girl. If he grows any taller then it's just for his own satisfaction, no real advantages anymore

On another note, he really really really looks like Hoenhiem now.
LOL, yeah, he does look a lot like him these days, especially the way he ties his hair. That makes me hope that Ed will someday comes to terms with his father.
Old 2009-10-13, 09:24   Link #986
Rurik
Golden

Quote:
LOL, yeah, he does look a lot like him these days, especially the way he ties his hair. That makes me hope that Ed will someday comes to terms with his father.
I remember a chapter where Honeheim comments about this, funny stuff XD
Old 2009-10-13, 09:26   Link #987
Tsuyoshi
Disabled By Request

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rurik View Post
I remember a chapter where Honeheim comments about this, funny stuff XD
Exactly the reason I said that
Old 2009-10-14, 21:16   Link #988
Orangejellosphere
That one guy

It'll be interesting to see how Hohenheim's relations to other characters end up in the conclusion.
Old 2009-10-17, 02:57   Link #989
aohige
( ಠ_ಠ)

Quote:
I doubt he's gonna have to pay such a huge toll.
Yeah, the toll shouldn't be very high for simply re-forming a living being, since there's no rebound for a successful transmutation.

It'd be cool if it took just one eye, making him wear the eyepatch in the end.
Old 2009-10-17, 09:13   Link #990
Poetic Justice
100Shots100Hits LuluLaLu

What a saddening chapter, Looks like its gonna get even more depressing from here on.
Poetic Justice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-17, 10:32   Link #991
Kirarakim

Quote:
Originally Posted by aohige View Post
It'd be cool if it took just one eye, making him wear the eyepatch in the end.
Don't say this even as a joke!
Kirarakim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-19, 16:32   Link #992
K_Babyy
Fullmetal Heart

Okay, I was browsing around this random forum last night and came upon their FMA: B thread. This guy there was talking about how during the Rockbell's time in Ishbal, Winry's dad was cheating on her mom with Ishbalan women. I was like wtf? Then, I read on and when people asked him where the hell he came up with that theory, he said that it was hinted at multiple times in the manga. I've read all of the manga and I never read something like that. I was just wondering if anyone knew what this guy was talking about.
K_Babyy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-19, 17:01   Link #993
Ziziphus
Whatever

Quote:
Originally Posted by K_Babyy View Post
Okay, I was browsing around this random forum last night and came upon their FMA: B thread. This guy there was talking about how during the Rockbell's time in Ishbal, Winry's dad was cheating on her mom with Ishbalan women. I was like wtf? Then, I read on and when people asked him where the hell he came up with that theory, he said that it was hinted at multiple times in the manga. I've read all of the manga and I never read something like that. I was just wondering if anyone knew what this guy was talking about.
I say you just ignore that guy and his nonsensical story about the Rockbell's. There's nothing like that in the manga.
Old 2009-10-19, 17:25   Link #994
K_Babyy
Fullmetal Heart

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziziphus View Post
I say you just ignore that guy and his nonsensical story about the Rockbell's. There's nothing like that in the manga.
My thoughts exactly lol.
Old 2009-10-19, 18:00   Link #995
quigonkenny
Sav'aaq!

Quote:
Originally Posted by K_Babyy View Post
Wow. I don't know if I've ever heard seriously-presented (I assume) speculation that was so obviously groundless BS. And I'm a big fan of Haruhi and Negima, so I've heard a lot of sleight-of-ass. Go back to that forum and tell that guy he's full of crap. And see if you can get him to give some examples of the "evidence" of which he speaks. Should be good for a few laughs...
Old 2009-10-19, 21:02   Link #996
K_Babyy
Fullmetal Heart

Quote:
Originally Posted by quigonkenny View Post
Wow. I don't know if I've ever heard seriously-presented (I assume) speculation that was so obviously groundless BS. And I'm a big fan of Haruhi and Negima, so I've heard a lot of sleight-of-ass. Go back to that forum and tell that guy he's full of crap. And see if you can get him to give some examples of the "evidence" of which he speaks. Should be good for a few laughs...
lol yea, I was pretty sure myself that it was a pile of crap. All he said was to go back and read the manga and no one could find what he was talking about. Either he was just trying to start something for attention or he seriously didn't know what the hell he was talking about, idk.
Old 2009-10-20, 16:01   Link #997
orangejuicetang

He's was probably just a troll.

If a corrupt court will not behead an evil king, than the watchman should do it himself.
orangejuicetang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-20, 20:32   Link #998
Orangejellosphere
That one guy

Will the Amestris transmutation circle work with only 4 sacrifices? Maybe GoldToothman (that guy needs a name, dangit) is the 5th?
Old 2009-10-20, 20:41   Link #999
Haladflire65
*Artist

Then why does he go through the trouble of trying to convince Roy to perform human transmutation by slitting Riza's throat? Bad guys never sacrifice themselves for any purpose... Roy's the fifth... it's just my opinon/hope.
Old 2009-10-21, 01:06   Link #1000
K_Babyy
Fullmetal Heart

Yea, Roy's gotta be the fifth.
I'm just wondering why they think he's the best person to open the gate?