AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2007-01-23, 16:56   Link #1101
holyman282
Snape: "I hate Potter!"

Thank you rooboy for that quick answer!

Well i hope maybe after all the magical battling it will go into some romance now.. even though i know it's not a romance based manga but hey it certainly has potential..
holyman282 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-23, 19:23   Link #1102
rooboy
Umeboshi!

It has romance elements. Well, at least if you consider harem elements romance elements. I imagine we're probably in for a stretch of the harem comedy now. Generally speaking the manga has usually had a rising adventure arc (the martial arts tournament), a slight comedy side-story arc (the rest of the festival), a climax adventure arc (Chao's invasion), and then usually follows with some harem hijinx. Rinse and repeat and that's pretty much what it does.
Replace the harem elements with another comedy side story arc and you get essentially every shonen adventure formula. The only really different thing Negima does is replace about half of the comedy side arcs with harem comedy side arcs (which, imo, is why it's so brilliant ). So I would guess we're probably ready for a Nodoka/Yue "date-o", an Ayaka overreaction, some training, and probably some backstory on one of the more minor classmates or two (I'm hoping for Chizu-nee and Natsumi or else another Hakase/Chachamaru, but ymmv).
Old 2007-02-05, 03:49   Link #1103
Incho-San
@} Shotacon Girl {@

Still continue...?I heard that akamatsu will take a break after 17v...maybe a sick joke or not.I love to see Nagi Springfield love dovey with Evangeline n.n quite a rare couple,maybe Nagi is a Lolicon or is it Eva a Shotacon..?
Well anyway it still going ..weeeeee n.n
Incho-San is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-05, 11:41   Link #1104
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Actually, in one of the recent Del Rey releases, there's a forenote from Ken A. apologizing to the romance buffs for all the action He says to be patient and hang on.

Yes, Nagi is a lolicon and Eve is a Shotacon and its a match made in heaven... heh.... they so deserve each other --- in a bad way
Old 2007-02-05, 14:23   Link #1105
holyman282

So in other words, in future volumes there will be some romance? omg i can't wait... I'm enjoying Negima as it is right now, but if they add more romance then it'll be one of the the best mangas for me lol.
Old 2007-02-05, 15:41   Link #1106
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

No, I didn't say that... just saying that Ken A. was feeling enough heat apparently to post that note. Doesn't mean he's going to change course
Old 2007-02-05, 18:05   Link #1107
FatPianoBoy
Dansa med oss

As far as changing course goes, I don't know where he plans on heading now that the Chao arch is over. The only things left are maybe some more focus on back-row (focus-wise) girls, tying up the Nagi thing, and coming up with some contrived situation to get Asuna to embrace her inner shoutacon.
FatPianoBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-05, 21:42   Link #1108
holyman282

Quote:
Originally Posted by FatPianoBoy View Post
As far as changing course goes, I don't know where he plans on heading now that the Chao arch is over. The only things left are maybe some more focus on back-row (focus-wise) girls, tying up the Nagi thing, and coming up with some contrived situation to get Asuna to embrace her inner shoutacon.
Yes i hope for it to tie up the Nagi situation as i felt that a father son reunion would definitely make my day...

Asuna embracing her inner shotacon?! i hope not.. she does a good job playing the sisterly role and any action against that would completely make me lose confidence in her... The person i want to see embrace her inner shotacon is Konoka, then hopefully that'll lead to some angsty conflict from Setsuna.....lol

By the way Vexx, even if he didn't promise that the novel will focus on romance later on, i interpret, holding on to mean that future volumes will have a highly romance centralised plot, if not, maybe a more obvious attempt to try to hook negi up with a girl.
Old 2007-02-05, 22:33   Link #1109
FatPianoBoy
Dansa med oss

Quote:
Originally Posted by holyman282 View Post
Asuna embracing her inner shotacon?! i hope not.. she does a good job playing the sisterly role and any action against that would completely make me lose confidence in her...
Believe me, I agree. She's becoming less of a Naru clone all the time, and I'd to see Ken pull the same old schtick yet again. However, unless he decides to go against his usual ways yet again (which he could, as Negima is already a huge departure from his typical stuff), Negi will end up with Asuna.

Quote:
The person i want to see embrace her inner shotacon is Konoka, then hopefully that'll lead to some angsty conflict from Setsuna.....lol
Konoka/Negi? Where'd you get that idea from?

Honestly, I'm hoping that whatever romance there is to be had in Negima will not involve Negi at either end of it, unless:
1. Negi turns out to be Nagi who erased his own memories and made himself younger for a yet-to-be-revealed reason, lifts the curse on Eva, and the two of them live happily ever after (I've still got $20 on this), or
2. Nodoka gives him a 'see you in five years' kind of promise.
FatPianoBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-05, 23:37   Link #1110
rooboy
Umeboshi!

Quote:
Originally Posted by holyman282 View Post
By the way Vexx, even if he didn't promise that the novel will focus on romance later on, i interpret, holding on to mean that future volumes will have a highly romance centralised plot, if not, maybe a more obvious attempt to try to hook negi up with a girl.
Well, I hate to put this discussion back on track, but the comments Vexx is talking about happen in volume 12. And he didn't actually give you the quote (which doesn't use the word romance at all).
The exact quote was, "Most of this volume's taken up with fighting; those of you who are in for the moe~, my apologies." (Well, that's the exact quote from the Del Rey version, obviously - though I did think it was cute that they left moe~ in. )

Maybe Vexx just associates moe~ with romance, I have no idea. Anyway, the point is that the whole thing was stated long ago (in volume 12), any "making up" he felt like he needed to do is probably already done.
Spoiler for not in US releases yet:
(which is what I imagined he would have been referring to anyway)
Quote:
Originally Posted by FatPianoBoy View Post
Honestly, I'm hoping that whatever romance there is to be had in Negima will not involve Negi at either end of it, unless:
1. Negi turns out to be Nagi who erased his own memories and made himself younger for a yet-to-be-revealed reason, lifts the curse on Eva, and the two of them live happily ever after (I've still got $20 on this), or
2. Nodoka gives him a 'see you in five years' kind of promise.
Well, there's always the option of 3. manga fast forwards (as it did in Love Hina). I somewhat imagine if there's going to be any Negi centered romance it'll be either option 2 or 3 (though I do still think the Nagi=Negi theory is neat). However, I'm pretty sure we will get either option 2 or 3 (as opposed to nothing at all), plus more of the harem hijinx we've had up until this point.
Old 2007-02-05, 23:44   Link #1111
Incho-San
@} Shotacon Girl {@

OMG O.O I never think that kind of stuff about Negi being Nagi. About Konoka she love more her beloved Se-chan and Setsuna loves her beloved konoka Ojou-sama,dont know what LOVE is but this make a Yuri couple O.o anyway the look cute n.n.I think Asuna will not end with Negi sensei,he´s still a kid,and nobody beats Ayaka in the shotacon deparment,exept Eva with Nagi...almost a 400 year diferenceO.o
By the way mi sis Love´s this Couple(Eva -Nagi)that shes making a FanFic about why Nagi left Eva 15 years in the School,goes like this"Eva in the welcoming party to the Mahora School gets Nagi Drunk,and well ehmm takes Nagi to Her house and well...do "You know what " and after knowing and after seeing a cute vampire girl naked by he´s side gets shoked and left O.o.Eva gave birth two cute twins at her resort(linda and David).
Mhh.....not a good resume....Ok bye take care all...n.n
Old 2007-02-05, 23:48   Link #1112
garra113
CaramellDansen!!!

What I am hoping for is a Negi/Chisame kinda couple lol. Kinda reminds me of the 2 main characters of love hina if you know what i mean?
garra113 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-05, 23:58   Link #1113
rooboy
Umeboshi!

Personally I'm a huge Ayaka fan, so I still hold out hope, but I imagine it's either going to be Nodoka or Asuna. The Nodoka side has shown the most development, but I think there's a lot of expectation from the Asuna side. In particular a lot of vague phrasing is used when referring to Negi and Asuna's relationship (like by Takemichi on the return from the school trip).

What I'd really like is if they would time skip and start a new manga (a la, Nanoha StrikerS).

EDIT: Also, (in case I haven't mentioned it recently) I love your avatar, holyman.
Old 2007-02-06, 00:00   Link #1114
holyman282

Well it doesn't matter if the continuation of the manga isn't romance orientated..

I just thought it would be nice.. but hey i'm still enjoying this manga even without the romance theme cause it has hilarious and touching moments...

lol thank you rooboy...
Old 2007-02-06, 00:06   Link #1115
rooboy
Umeboshi!

Well, within the context of what has already happened there will be more romance. At least, if your definition of romance fits the parts of Negima that have already happened (things like the dates with Nodoka, etc).
In the traditional shonen formula (which he hasn't strayed very far from) we're now due for a training arc. Training arcs are usually where the romance and minor character development pieces come from. Generally speaking in Negima, the training arcs have been almost as long as the piece they follow. So I would guess there's probably going to be a volume or so this time.

Unless it launches directly into the final search for Negi's father, which is probably the signal that it's getting ready to end.
Old 2007-02-06, 02:10   Link #1116
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

yeah, I kind of mixed moe with romance since moe fits better with that in my head than violence (didn't have the quote handy)

but my point was he didn't really promise anything.... but I do enjoy the training arcs more (particularly in Eva's little world) --- though the Eva vs. Setsuna match managed to be both in some sense with some epiphanies by both.
Old 2007-02-06, 15:44   Link #1117
wontaek

I am still hoping for Asuna X Takamichi. They got history and look cute together.
Old 2007-02-06, 16:27   Link #1118
Incho-San
@} Shotacon Girl {@

Yeah...Takamichi looks cute with Asuna,the only problem is the age U.U well no harm to anyone.
How about a End of negima like this:"Negi cast a spell to make about 40 copies of him(to fight a "Bad person" in turn) and never get back to normal by a curse from X person,kind like the Maburaho Anime every girl in 3.A gets a Negi n.n,well exepct Ayaka she gets about well 10 negis to her,wow her Own Harem of Negis O.o i die Happy if that happens(Nose bleed of hell seeing Negitsunes)you know like the rich girl from the same anime i dont remeber her name right now XD.
Old 2007-02-11, 05:39   Link #1119
iamthelordyourgod

who the heck is Ken A? Anyways negima is at its closing to where i come from hehehe..................

got anything for a dude who needs more negima?
hehehe............
iamthelordyourgod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-11, 12:23   Link #1120
TnAdct1
Honya-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamthelordyourgod View Post
who the heck is Ken A?
Ken A = Ken Akamatsu, the creator of Negima.

Tags
action, fantasy