AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2008-12-16, 07:07   Link #541
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MakubeX2 View Post
3. No online mode for the 360 because it seems that the game is incompatiable with Live.
Any confirmation that the PS3 version will be online?
Old 2008-12-16, 07:09   Link #542
MakubeX2
うるとらぺど

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
Any confirmation that the PS3 version will be online?
We'll see tomorrow when I recieve the first batch of PS3 version I've ordered for my company and takes a copy for a personal test drive.
MakubeX2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-16, 07:22   Link #543
RAVNEN

Send a message via Yahoo to RAVNEN
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonli View Post
Apparently Big Zam's boss fight locks you into a field too, so you cant escape.
A lock up? That great now I can have some quality & destructive time with the Big Zam.Oh can't wait play this game,finally I can put an end to my childhood nightmare,the Devil Gundam.

Quote:
Meaning some missions can only be unlocked if you fulfill a certain lvl of relationship between a character. It also means that if you keep killing the same character every stage, your relationship would worsen, and it would actually develop into a rivalry. So if he appears on the same map as you, he would lock you into a field, and you would have to destroy him in order to progress through the stage.
That awesome,now I can pursue a relationship with Haman Karn. I want to make a rivalry with Kira,Char,Kamille,Shinn,Paptimus & those two Doga pilot.I'm looking forward for a lockup duel with Kira,so I can finally put an end to Kira reign of spamming.
Old 2008-12-16, 07:23   Link #544
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
We'll see tomorrow when I recieve the first batch of PS3 version I've ordered for my company and takes a copy for a personal test drive.
Thanks Orochi, do keep us informed.
Old 2008-12-16, 08:59   Link #545
RDF2050
Superidol

Yeah, will be nice if there is a PS3 version online everyone will made a tournament in the forums

I still waiting for Gundam vs Gundam Next for PSP March 2009 [My Birthday's Month ] [Dissidia on Thursday ]
RDF2050 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-16, 10:39   Link #546
StratoSpear
Titans Test Team Pilot

Might I remind you to think twice before using the GP02... It only has vulcans and a uber beam saber. Once you use the nuke, it's a long time before you get to use it again.

On a side note: It's quite fun to have Exia using it's stomping attack on everybody.
Old 2008-12-16, 10:40   Link #547
RDF2050
Superidol

Quote:
Originally Posted by StratoSpear View Post
Might I remind you to think twice before using the GP02... It only has vulcans and a uber beam saber. Once you use the nuke, it's a long time before you get to use it again.

On a side note: It's quite fun to have Exia using it's stomping attack on everybody.
That's why i enjoin playing with exia even defeating the SF imagine with Trans-am
Old 2008-12-16, 11:34   Link #548
Chiu_fan
Panzer Vor!

Quote:
Originally Posted by StratoSpear View Post
I actually liked the GP02. Me and a friend actually had fun using it while killing 2 Freedoms and won.
Chiu_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-16, 11:47   Link #549
jonli
JONLIの憂'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
I hope this actually happens the way you've described, because that is quite the interesting feature, and one i can't wait to play around with.

We're toast.
It does sound somewhat potentially interesting, but the way the Chinese guy wrote it, he seems pretty negative. It seems like it feels more frustrating than rewarding.

EDIT:

RDFMASTER, the arcade game Gundam vs Gundam NEXT comes out in March 2009, NOT the PSP game. The last time i heard there was nothing about a PSP GVG Next game. However the chances of it going to the PSP is quite high (along with the ps2) so rejoice .

The GP02 is a melee-super-unit in GVG, its back-melee (2b i think) is a block (and his shield is indestructable). He's also got the longest "curve" for his side melee (4b and 6b). Although of course, he still doesn't stand a chance against Master or G.
jonli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-16, 11:50   Link #550
Ottocycle

Quote:
It does sound somewhat potentially interesting, but the way the Chinese guy wrote it, he seems pretty negative. It seems like it feels more frustrating than rewarding.
He doesn't seem to like the unlocking process, since the spawning of the enemies is random, and it can quite easily throw a monkey wrench into your unlocking process, since there are times that you have no choice but to kill the pilot that you're trying to make friends with in order to unlock his/her missions.
Ottocycle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-16, 21:32   Link #551
gekido666

Quote:
Originally Posted by RDFMASTER View Post
Yeah, will be nice if there is a PS3 version online everyone will made a tournament in the forums

I still waiting for Gundam vs Gundam Next for PSP March 2009 [My Birthday's Month ] [Dissidia on Thursday ]
That's the release date for the Arcade, no info about it being ported, just wait a while after it gets released.
gekido666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-17, 00:11   Link #552
RDF2050
Superidol

Quote:

EDIT:

RDFMASTER, the arcade game Gundam vs Gundam NEXT comes out in March 2009, NOT the PSP game. The last time i heard there was nothing about a PSP GVG Next game. However the chances of it going to the PSP is quite high (along with the ps2) so rejoice .

The GP02 is a melee-super-unit in GVG, its back-melee (2b i think) is a block (and his shield is indestructable). He's also got the longest "curve" for his side melee (4b and 6b). Although of course, he still doesn't stand a chance against Master or G.
According to some websites and wikipedia there will be highest chance it come out on march.
Old 2008-12-17, 00:59   Link #553
gekido666

Wikipedia, i never trust infos from this site. There is no official infos so far.

Incase you didn't know this, they were already working on GVG Next for the Arcade months before the PSP version of GVG got released. Meaning they were working on GVG for the PSP at the same time as GVG Next for the Arcade.

They can't just go develop GVG Next for the Arcade and GVG + GVG Next for the PSP all at the same time.

Last edited by gekido666; 2008-12-17 at 01:15.
gekido666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-17, 01:15   Link #554
MakubeX2
うるとらぺど

Musou 2. Char getting his ass gangbanded by Balls does speak something about the quality of this game.
MakubeX2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-17, 01:49   Link #555
StratoSpear
Titans Test Team Pilot

Quote:
Musou 2. Char getting his ass gangbanded by Balls does speak something about the quality of this game.
Yeah---- Wait... What!? He did?
Old 2008-12-17, 03:04   Link #556
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Quote:
You know... this sentence really could've been worded better.
Old 2008-12-17, 03:07   Link #557
JackRydden224
Knight of Twelve's Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rising Dragon View Post
You know... this sentence really could've been worded better.
I think he worded that way on purpose to get the point across

Quote:
Originally Posted by gekido666 View Post
Wikipedia, i never trust infos from this site. There is no official infos so far.

Incase you didn't know this, they were already working on GVG Next for the Arcade months before the PSP version of GVG got released. Meaning they were working on GVG for the PSP at the same time as GVG Next for the Arcade.

They can't just go develop GVG Next for the Arcade and GVG + GVG Next for the PSP all at the same time.
You have to wonder how hard it was for them to develop GVG Next with the existing GVG material. I don't know anything about making games but I imagine it was a lot easier than making GVG. The same thing can be said about a PSP port for GVG Next
Old 2008-12-17, 03:29   Link #558
jonli
JONLIの憂'

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackRydden224 View Post
You have to wonder how hard it was for them to develop GVG Next with the existing GVG material. I don't know anything about making games but I imagine it was a lot easier than making GVG. The same thing can be said about a PSP port for GVG Next
The actual process of constructing the engine and making the new 3D models/animation is not hard with their resources. However, balancing the game, and actually making it feel like a superior version of GVG is hard.

GVG had terrible balancing issues, while GVG Next (actually already built) is spending the rest of the time for open beta testing.

You are correct, the chances of PSP port is very high. Especially since they've taken out G Cross-over. However a PS2 version is also what fans want, and we're not sure which way Bandai would go for (i'm actually guessing PSP too, but don't get hyped up for a game that's not announced yet).

Oh and RDFMASTER, don't trust anything Wikipedia says, it's just fans typing their speculation.

PSP version is not coming out on March 2009, the Arcade version is. All the videos you see on Youtube now are all just the testing version, the actual game is not out yet. The arcade market is really huge in Asia, and they wouldn't be dumb enough to release the home version at the same time (killing their left hand with their right).
Old 2008-12-17, 03:55   Link #559
JackRydden224
Knight of Twelve's Knight

Quote:
The actual process of constructing the engine and making the new 3D models/animation is not hard with their resources. However, balancing the game, and actually making it feel like a superior version of GVG is hard.

GVG had terrible balancing issues, while GVG Next (actually already built) is spending the rest of the time for open beta testing.

You are correct, the chances of PSP port is very high. Especially since they've taken out G Cross-over. However a PS2 version is also what fans want, and we're not sure which way Bandai would go for (i'm actually guessing PSP too, but don't get hyped up for a game that's not announced yet).
Thanks for the heads up!

What about an Arcade -> PSP port ? What's involved in that?
Old 2008-12-17, 05:39   Link #560
jonli
JONLIの憂'

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackRydden224 View Post
Thanks for the heads up!

What about an Arcade -> PSP port ? What's involved in that?
Well the Arcade machine they're using now is actually based on PS2's hardware. So a straight to PS2 port would be the easiest and cheapest.

However we all know that the PSP is actually quite powerful, and can handle PS2 level games.

So the actual process of moving the arcade game to the PSP wouldnt be hard at all. However they tend to add extras into the home versions. For example an online mode, new character (hence re-balancing the game), etc. So ultimately, no, it wouldnt be hard at all. It's all about what Bandai games is aiming for right now.

The pattern that they went for last generation was PSP gets the first SEED vs game while PS2 gets the second and the first. So a lot of people speculate that GVGNext would be for PS2 instead. However day by day the PSP market grows stronger, and the PS2 market (although still very strong) is shifting towards retirement.

So it all depends on how things look after the arcade version is out. I'd personally prefer a PS2 version, because I wnat to play this on the big screen. But a PSP version provides online...so...hmmm.....