AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > School Days

Notices

View Poll Results: School Days - Episode 12 [END] Rating
Perfect 10 231 49.89%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 60 12.96%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 38 8.21%
7 out of 10 : Good 30 6.48%
6 out of 10 : Average 10 2.16%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 5 1.08%
4 out of 10 : Poor 11 2.38%
3 out of 10 : Bad 11 2.38%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 5 1.08%
1 out of 10 : Painful 62 13.39%
Voters: 463. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2007-10-01, 10:40   Link #641
YunaX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goldmember View Post
Nope for me she wasn't pregnant. The doctor she knows must be just a good relation.

But with all the details she gave to Sekai in the final ep, we could imagine she ever goes to see him for pregance.
But I think it's too early, she didn't.
Or maybe she's over anxiety and went vomiting around.....
claiming that she's pregnant and all...

who know's lol

Nice Boat
Old 2007-10-01, 13:20   Link #642
rg4619

Quote:
it has also a very negative impact, as Sekai loves her baby, and more as it is makoto's. however, his denial and request for abortion is like "kill him/her for me please, kthx"
that's why Sekai completely broke and told him he was despicable.
I don't think love for the baby ever crossed Sekai's mind (considering the early stage of pregnancy, her general immaturity, and her mental state).

Nonetheless, the baby (which would otherwise be 100% unwanted and likely terminated without a second thought) represented an undeniable connection to Makoto, which was probably the single thing significant to her. Makoto's rejection of that link would've driven her crazy.
Old 2007-10-01, 13:42   Link #643
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Nope,
Sekai has taken picture of Makoto to Setsuna, she directly proposes her help to Setsuna (not "from"). Why Setsuna has given the place (near the loved one) to Sekai? For fun? Because she is my friend?
Setsuna has been cheated, she is not stupid at all. Sekai assfucked her. Just to approach Makoto she proposed Kotonoha and not Setsuna.
We could believe Makoto won't be against beeing with Setsuna (because he kiss ("fucked") her just because he knows she had feelings for him in ep10).
You didn't get it. Sekai didn't know that Setsuna loved Makoto.
She was teasing her about the fact Makoto saved Setsuna. Conveniently, the usual "shining knight" cliché leads to a "love at sight" from the girl.
Sekai was poking fun of her. That's why Setsuna was embarassed and said it was enough, while Sekai was obviously exaggerating "it is so romantic". Setsuna is her precious friend.

If Sekai knew, she wouldn't react like this when Kotonoha blurted the truth.
Quote:
2. & 3
So why she didn't want to know if she was trully pregnant or no?
Really or not, the baby is a good pretext because she says to kotonoha she wanted to become Makoto's girlfriend anyways (in spite of knowing SHE seduced Makoto with her stupid trainings... And it was an unhopefull chance for her to rob Makoto from Kotonoha, I'm sorry.
Look, if she was using such lie, her "breakdown" would lead also a "you also use shameless a baby to get him". Only the mention of the "flower" so Kotonoha, while she didn't do it consciously. She was not plotting, and as stated numerous times, she was weak enough to succumb to her feelings, which is a big flaw in her, that's nothing to argue.
Quote:
A pregnance test that I can buy near my home in the pharmacy.
Sorry, at the end, Sekai has just one objective, with or without the baby.
We don't have a clue if she checked it or not. Her hostility towards Kotonoha lies for something else.
Quote:
The best solution is to kill the father of the baby? For the baby's sake u think?
Since when it was a solution? You are deforming what i said.
Old 2007-10-01, 14:41   Link #644
Goldmember
Digital Bullet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klashikari View Post
You are deforming what i said.

No I'm not deforming what u said, at least it's not my goal, my target, my main objective.
I just give my own opinions about what u said.

Check this:

I've looked in the 12th episode again and Sekai clearly said to Setsuna:
"I made some inquiries about the guy you like".

CQFD (translation for bloody americans: WTFWT).

I'm sorry again, but Sekai knows from the beginning that Setsuna loved Makoto.
Replay the ep plz.

Sekai is as guilty as hell.

Sekai just kept bad tripping alone in her bed, she didn't want to see anybody. When Setsuna was already here, she looked really hardly sociable.
So she didn't go to pharmacy to see other people.
Sekai is a badtrippin girl ("and dark bitch too").
Because she never did the right things according to the other people's feelings, from the begining. And she didn't attemp to hurt anybody but indirectly she did but she didn't know it could.
She piloted a relation and tried to take some profit of the problems of the couple she has created.
The example of the special training is the perfect to explain that.
She is not totally stupid. It's a total cheating and she knows it ( "u can touch my breasts on the clothes, kiss me, fuck me" for training: Morality: she cheats Kotonoha (that's all) and pretexted helping Makoto. She could expect the results on Makoto because she knows from the beginning he is perverted as hell.
And she don't like herself to be cheated on at the end.
Too funny for me.
Judgement day, oh dear god!!

The baby has 2 kind of importances:
  • 1: It's Makoto's one: The best way to keep the scumbag for herself.
  • 2: It's Makoto's one: If Makoto is with another woman and dumped me, I'll keep you and I'll kill your father.

I'm sorry but I just see the 1st choice. Sekai is not in a berserk mode as Kotonoha, so i can't forgive to her as easily as for Kotonoha.
For me the main target of the baby is to lock Makoto forever with her.
The other thingz are useless.

She killed Makoto, so the father, that's why I'm sure she didn't care about her own child. She is selfish.

For Makoto, Sekai and Kotonoha are at the same level in his heart the difference comes from the pregnance but in my opinion he both like them.
He just wanted to take some distances from Sekai but at the end he still loved her.

Every characters are total lyers in this series, so I just took the concrete facts for my interpretations.
Old 2007-10-01, 14:51   Link #645
Ultima_Rasengan05
Version 3.0

I'm kinda wondering about the epilogue at the end of this episode.
Makoto was telling his own story of when he was secretly in love with Kotonoha. While he was doing that, they were showing the whole school and the characters that were involved with Makoto, Kotonoha, and Sekai, excluding Setsuna though, but could it that have been an alternate setting where Makoto, Sekai, or Kotonoha never existed?
They did show Makoto's cellphone at the end though, on top of the bench of the rooftop.

Although an OVA about Setsuna's reaction when she comes back would be cool. Even just to show everyone's reaction around school would be reasonable. Although in one of the endings in School Days
Spoiler for game:

I wonder if they're going to add that element if they actually do an OVA of the aftermath of this tragedy.
Old 2007-10-01, 15:10   Link #646
CJL13
God of his own ego

Quote:
You didn't get it. Sekai didn't know that Setsuna loved Makoto.
She was teasing her about the fact Makoto saved Setsuna. Conveniently, the usual "shining knight" cliché leads to a "love at sight" from the girl.
Sekai was poking fun of her. That's why Setsuna was embarassed and said it was enough, while Sekai was obviously exaggerating "it is so romantic". Setsuna is her precious friend.
When did Makoto save Setsuna?
Old 2007-10-01, 15:12   Link #647
Nvis
Where are the good animes

Quote:
We don't know how she was sure of herself, but she had symptoms while she didn't have ANY wish or fear of a baby. Heck, it was the last thing she would think about.
That said, she doesn't need to lie anymore (if she did) during the rooftop scene, considering the situation.
Well, like I said. The writers knew what they were doing (giving us many possible explanations).

But if I remember correctly, Sekai never went to school for a good while and stayed in her small, dark room. She may have gotten sick or whatever being a couch potato all that time. There were probably Psychological reasons for this as well.

So she threw up once in her room (1st time she thinks she has a baby), and then another time (nothing came out of her mouth) in class with Makoto. But she (or the writers) never shown these symptoms again. Correct me if I'm not, since I haven't witnessed pregnancy or birth IRL
Old 2007-10-01, 15:20   Link #648
Echoes

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJL13 View Post
When did Makoto save Setsuna?
He's referring to the flashback when Makoto comforted her after she was bullied, or however that went. Damn shame too, I would have thought Setsuna had a little more going on up there, she should have seen through Makoto's deceitful facade.
Old 2007-10-01, 15:40   Link #649
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
No I'm not deforming what u said, at least it's not my goal, my target, my main objective.
I just give my own opinions about what u said.
the mention of " The best solution is to kill the father of the baby? For the baby's sake u think? " gave me the impression. not exactly important it seems.

Quote:
Check this:

I've looked in the 12th episode again and Sekai clearly said to Setsuna:
"I made some inquiries about the guy you like".

CQFD (translation for bloody americans: WTFWT).

I'm sorry again, but Sekai knows from the beginning that Setsuna loved Makoto.
Replay the ep plz.
Humu. looks like this part was skipped when i watched it, I stand corrected.

Now things do much more sense i guess:

As seen in this episode, Sekai says she was her best friend.
That statement implies either Setsuna agreed to leave Makoto to her, or Setsuna just gave up or something.
Considering she cares for Sekai the most, she probably gave up by herself.
Even though Setsuna helped, what's it the deal then?
Quote:
Sekai is as guilty as hell.
I never implied she wasn't guilty, though her and kotonoha has fair part of responsability, but surely not as much as Makoto.
Quote:
Sekai just kept bad tripping alone in her bed, she didn't want to see anybody. When Setsuna was already here, she looked really hardly sociable.
The point of this?
Quote:
So she didn't go to pharmacy to see other people.
Sekai is a badtrippin girl ("and dark bitch too").
Did we see every action of each character to begin with?
Quote:
Because she never did the right things according to the other people's feelings, from the begining. And she didn't attemp to hurt anybody but indirectly she did but she didn't know it could.
I don't think any of SD characters did the right things according to the other people feelings either, especially Makoto, going batshit cheating all over the series.
Quote:
She piloted a relation and tried to take some profit of the problems of the couple she has created.
The example of the special training is the perfect to explain that.
She is not totally stupid. It's a total cheating and she knows it ( "u can touch my breasts on the clothes, kiss me, fuck me" for training: Morality: she cheats Kotonoha (that's all) and pretexted helping Makoto. She could expect the results on Makoto because she knows from the beginning he is perverted as hell.
This debate becomes fruitless even since this episode, it is tiresome.
Feel free to think it was conscious or not.
We know the result though the training didn't change Makoto at all. he was perverted all around the way before.
As for the purpose of the training, it doesn't exactly match with her reactions thereafter, and the pool even either.

that's why her "imaginary conflict" was for: her feelings driven her into questionable acts, though she didn't have any ill attention.

Quote:
And she don't like herself to be cheated on at the end.
Too funny for me.
Judgement day, oh dear god!!
She didn't like either cheating or being cheated as you could see. That's is understandable for every character, you see. (though Otome didn't mind that much first)
Quote:
The baby has 2 kind of importances:
  • 1: It's Makoto's one: The best way to keep the scumbag for herself.
  • 2: It's Makoto's one: If Makoto is with another woman and dumped me, I'll keep you and I'll kill your father.
The second statement doesn't make any sense. Again, Sekai didn't go berserk because she was dumped, but because of the abortion.

as for the first statement, we will never know. But i'm perfectly sure if Sekai was using her baby, she would have that guilt point in her imaginary breakdown.
Quote:
I'm sorry but I just see the 1st choice. Sekai is not in a berserk mode as Kotonoha, so i can't forgive to her as easily as for Kotonoha.
For me the main target of the baby is to lock Makoto forever with her.
The other thingz are useless.
*sigh* wait, so if a character goes crazy, this one is more redeemable than the "sane" one?
I strongly beg to differ, considering such character isn't stable at all.
Look, what would happen if Kotonoha wasn't that clinging? None of this would happen either.
Ironically, if any of the girls didn't do something stupid, the consequences could be different, though the cheating part wouldn't be prevented as it is only Makoto's responsability.

Quote:
She killed Makoto, so the father, that's why I'm sure she didn't care about her own child. She is selfish.
Oh...? What about the divorced couple? Widow and such?
Much like any person getting murderous impulse, the consequences are completely ignored in the process, and only after that, the guilt kicks in.

The fact Sekai killed Makoto isn't a proof she doesn't care of her child. If she accepted Makoto offers, THAT would be the proof of her indifference.
Quote:
For Makoto, Sekai and Kotonoha are at the same level in his heart the difference comes from the pregnance but in my opinion he both like them.
He just wanted to take some distances from Sekai but at the end he still loved her.
That doesn't make sense considering the pattern of cheating.
Old 2007-10-01, 15:45   Link #650
CJL13
God of his own ego

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nvis View Post
Well, like I said. The writers knew what they were doing (giving us many possible explanations).

But if I remember correctly, Sekai never went to school for a good while and stayed in her small, dark room. She may have gotten sick or whatever being a couch potato all that time. There were probably Psychological reasons for this as well.

So she threw up once in her room (1st time she thinks she has a baby), and then another time (nothing came out of her mouth) in class with Makoto. But she (or the writers) never shown these symptoms again. Correct me if I'm not, since I haven't witnessed pregnancy or birth IRL
That all makes sense, I was always thinking in 11, "Wait a minute, is there anything coming out, or are they censoring it?"
Old 2007-10-01, 16:56   Link #651
Goldmember
Digital Bullet

Quote:
Mr Goldmember! I want some explanations without quote to quote like I do. A build one please. O-ne_ga_ï.

All right!
Here we go.

Abortion: A choice has to be done by the both, it could be a common one or a selfish one.
A murderer: It's only personnal, so just selfish.

So make your own opinion about this. We have not the same same way to think.
For te divorced people and the widow it's totally out of the topic. (boring, they are not married)

Sekai loves to cook with Makoto, to kiss Makoto, to fuck Makoto, to dance with Makoto... And she get the child she was probably dreaming about. The Makoto's one.
Makoto is afraid by the pregnance of Sekai and it has been a big shock for him to learn it with the whole classroom. He never dumped Sekai until he finds back Kotonoha. That's at this point that he understands he has done very bad thingz and wanted to take everythingz from the beginning with Kotonoha but to much thingz have changed.

Remember, the masked people in dark with the flower scene, is the only thing totally true the writers have given to us.
Very important!
Sekai is energic inda outside, but lost and so weak inda inside.
Replay it.
The baby is not mentionned, because you are in Sekai mind, and her main problem is not the baby but just keeping Makoto. She realized if she never tries to present Kotonoha to Makoto, maybe Makoto should be just for her.
Setsuna (who explained always the true thingz to Sekai when she was still here) put out her mask and explains that Sekai has made all the choices to lead the final situation on the final point.
Makoto is not forgivable, but Sekai has played a big role into the radical transformation of Makoto.
Makoto is a born perverted, but not a sex beast before Sekai sex-entertains him.
The behaviour of Makoto changes a lot all along the series (lol, i'm laughing myself but that's true). At the beginnig, I didn't consider the Makoto's choices as bad, at least not critical for the safety of everybodies'feeligz, but after...

Otherwise,

Where did you see Setsuna gave up?
Something sure:
She DISCOVER with Makoto's stupidity that Sekai slept at Makoto's and ate breakfast with him too. That's the point she understood they have mutual feelings. And that's at this point she "could" give up (and try to catch a memory of Makoto without being seen to protect Sekai, her best friend).
From that point, Setsuna wants to help Sekai as Sekai helps her in the past (after Makoto "saved" Setsuna).

Morality: For me Sekai is as guilty as Makoto (and has earned a lovely death^^)
If Sekai hasn't gone more far than kissing Makoto at Gakuenmaden station, (without any trainings) things should be clearly different and Makoto shouldn't have changed as much. But we'll never know.

Makoto's profile:

60% Sex
20%Idiot
10% lyer
10% feelingz

(Sorry for my english mistakes.)
Old 2007-10-01, 17:13   Link #652
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

I'm wondering if you are making fun of me of what not. Quoting parts are much more convenient to answer specifically on parts of messages, and it avoid to subtely ignore some points of the said quote.

Quote:
Abortion: A choice has to be done by the both, it could be a common one or a selfish one.
A murderer: It's only personnal, so just selfish.

So make your own opinion about this. We have not the same same way to think.
For te divorced people and the widow it's totally out of the topic. (boring, they are not married)
You are still avoiding the point i made. A murder "personal => selfish"? I beg to differ as she didn't win anything with this.
An abortion isn't always a choice made by both, especially here. To abide to someone else choice isn't something you can consider as your own either.
Again, her murder has nothing to do with her care about the baby.
Quote:
Sekai loves to cook with Makoto, to kiss Makoto, to fuck Makoto, to dance with Makoto... And she get the child she was probably dreaming about. The Makoto's one.
Makoto is afraid by the pregnance of Sekai and it has been a big shock for him to learn it with the whole classroom. He never dumped Sekai until he finds back Kotonoha. That's at this point that he understands he has done very bad thingz and wanted to take everythingz from the beginning with Kotonoha but to much thingz have changed.
*sigh* the wish to get a child is not a consensus among girls in love. that's far fetched. Once again, there isn't any proof whatsoever that Sekai wanted it in the first place.
As for makoto's epiphany, that's why it was stupid, considering the amount of times Kotonoha was heartbroken. The official break up should have been enough, but nope. nowhere near.
Quote:
Remember, the masked people in dark with the flower scene, is the only thing totally true the writers have given to us.
Very important!
Sekai is energic inda outside, but lost and so weak inda inside.
Replay it.
So what? I said it already: this scene reveals the fears and the possible truth behind Sekai actions. What she has done have probably the origin of what "masked setsuna" said. But that doesn't absolutely not mean what she wanted. Feelings can betray what you want.
Quote:
The baby is not mentionned, because you are in Sekai mind, and her main problem is not the baby but just keeping Makoto. She realized if she never tries to present Kotonoha to Makoto, maybe Makoto should be just for her.
Setsuna (who explained always the true thingz to Sekai when she was still here) put out her mask and explains that Sekai has made all the choices to lead the final situation on the final point.
*sigh*. Then, your mention of "she used her baby to keep makoto" is not valid, as i said then. If she doesn't mention about it, that probably means it wasn't in her attempt to attain and keep him.
Quote:
Makoto is not forgivable, but Sekai has played a big role into the radical transformation of Makoto.
Makoto is a born perverted, but not a sex beast before Sekai sex-entertains him.
Radical...? Please, back with episode 2, we already know what he wants.
as lust itself, it was already seen in episode 4 BEFORE he got the training, as he tried to grope Kotonoha.
There is nothing new with Makoto at all, he was always perverted and lustful.
Quote:
The behaviour of Makoto changes a lot all along the series (lol, i'm laughing myself but that's true). At the beginnig, I didn't consider the Makoto's choices as bad, at least not critical for the safety of everybodies'feeligz, but after...
That's because it was a snowball effect. He was always the same even since the beginning. The difference were the choices and the consequences.
Quote:
Otherwise,

Where did you see Setsuna gave up?
Seat swap.
Quote:
Something sure:
She DISCOVER with Makoto's stupidity that Sekai slept at Makoto's and ate breakfast with him too. That's the point she understood they have mutual feelings. And that's at this point she "could" give up (and try to catch a memory of Makoto without being seen to protect Sekai, her best friend).
From that point, Setsuna wants to help Sekai as Sekai helps her in the past (after Makoto "saved" Setsuna).
Sestuna realised that Sekai finally made her move, as she was smiling as she was relieved.
the rest is already commented before.
Old 2007-10-01, 18:09   Link #653
Goldmember
Digital Bullet

Quote:
*vanished*.
First of all, read the sentence under Scholl days's tittle (in the genric, in the hentai game, wherever u ant).
You'll understand Makoto has changed (a little bit but he has changed).
That's evident.

"She used the baby to keep Makoto" is valid because she fucked too much with him and he was still with Kotonoha.
What has to happen happenned. That's all.
Sekai didn't hope for a baby, but it's because of her own choices. That's how it could be interprated with the "masked" setsuna in Sekai 's mind. For me, it's a part of the true answer.
Sekai has accepted the baby in the infirmary, hoping Makoto will do the right choice for her.
By love.
But he's totally afraid.

In the mind theater, the baby didn't appear because it's a direct consequence of Sekai choice, and the explanation of masked Setsuna begins when Sekai change the seats and then presents the flower to Makoto.
According to this, the main point is not the baby, but keeping Makoto.
That's all.
AND
The baby is the perfect ultimate weapon. The announcement in the classroom has put a huge pressure on Makoto ("be with me and the child, your reputation will be less touched, than if you dump me or ask me for abortion").
And at the beginning Makoto has a very good reputation in the school.
Then Otome left Makoto because in my mind, she didn't want the baby to have no parents in love.
Your feelingz about it?
And for Kuroda? The same?

Sorry for teasing you, but I don't like to take every sentences post of somebody to destroy one by one each arguments he tries to give.
Nothing personnal.
Old 2007-10-01, 18:15   Link #654
mist2123
Banned

Send a message via AIM to mist2123
Quote:

Makoto is not forgivable, but Sekai has played a big role into the radical
What her problem was both without the baby makoto will probably discard her and WhyTF is she complaining anyway she wanted to have sex with makoto and got pregnant because of it.

How is Makoto unforgivable??
She was the one who created THE SEXBEAST
Is it because of the PM that he sent; his language wasn't offensive
he just told her that "if that baby is a problem to you kotonoha knows a good hospital" what he means was that if its a burden to you then abort it i dont care but if you dont want to ill still take responsibility. He didnt say that but his actions
when he was BBQPWN was shouting it.
Old 2007-10-01, 18:35   Link #655
Goldmember
Digital Bullet

Quote:
Originally Posted by mist2123 View Post
What her problem was both without the baby makoto will probably discard her and WhyTF is she complaining anyway she wanted to have sex with makoto and got pregnant because of it.

he just told her that "if that baby is a problem to you kotonoha knows a good hospital" what he means was that if its a burden to you then abort it i dont care but if you dont want to ill still take responsibility. He didnt say that but his actions
Totally agree.

Makoto can do anything he wants to Sekai, she is totally dependant since the folk dance event. And he took some distances from Sekai because he has been seen fucking in the lounge with Otome.
Sekai take in her head the boomerang she has sent.
And that's just justice!

When Makoto mentionned "Kotonoha is not pregnant" implicitly, it means that Sekai is at the same level as kotonoha in Makoto's heart but the pregnance is too much for him because he is just a student (too young yet) and the woman he has chosen is the one he has chosen from the beginning, the one he trully loves. Sekai, it was just for a good fucking session but he thinks he still has some feelings for her. But the problems he gets with the full sex with every girls have probably disturbs the Makoto's reflection.
That's why, he feels sure of his own feelings about Kotonoha because it's one of the only girls he has never fucked.
He don't wanted to hurt Kotonoha anymore and then kiss Kotonoha in front of Sekai: He acted for the first time responsabilities as a man for Kotonoha but it's already too late.
Old 2007-10-01, 18:58   Link #656
Keitaro
*Kyuuketsuki Otaku*

This is one of the most senseless, stupidly violent animes I've watched ever in my entire anime watching career (Higurashi is in a close second). I'm sorry for my negative opinions for this show. I'm a sucker for the love comedy/drama anime genre and I was expecting that from this after the first 2 episodes. I stopped at ep7 because thats what I've had up to. I pretty much knew something was wrong by now so I decided to skip to ep12 to watch the ending and boy was I in for a surprise. Just sick, plain sick. I feel so sick now knowing the ending. WTF...Where are their parents? Why do these things always happen to minors in anime. I know the usually setting in anime show happen to be young people (highschool kids) but still. Perhaps, this is why I'm so upset. I know its just anime characters but as you watch more and more anime you'll find yourself more and more attached to the charaters. I was rooting for Sekai, and to find her being killed and gutted just like that made me sick and to top it off they show a Psychotic Katsura holding Motoko's head on a boat. I'm sorry but this is to unreal for words. I really dont see this show getting licensed in the states at all. Whew sorry for my little rant guys.

Note to self: research any new anime shows before mindlessly leaching them off bt.
Old 2007-10-01, 18:59   Link #657
Echoes

Quote:

Makoto can do anything he wants to Sekai, she is totally dependant since the folk dance event.
Makoto can do anything he wants to Sekai? Excuse me..?

Quote:
He acted for the first time responsabilities as a man for Kotonoha but it's already too late.
Kissing her in front of Sekai is acting responsible? I'm not quite following. Acting responsible would be to have all of them sit down and work the problem out, not sending her a text message and trying to ignore her, like he ignored Kotonoha at the beginning of the show. Goes to show you that he hasn't grown at all. Someone that immature cannot be called responsible, Kotonoha does not know her own good, unfortunately.
Quote:
You're acting as though Makoto is some wild animal, and Sekai opened the gate and let him out. This is not the case, he has a mind of his own. Surely Sekai put in motion a chain reaction, but Makoto is the one who actually went ahead and did all of those things.
Quote:
He didnt say that but his actions
I might be missing something here. What actions did he perform while he was getting murdered?
Old 2007-10-01, 19:02   Link #658
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
First of all, read the sentence under Scholl days's tittle (in the genric, in the hentai game, wherever u ant).
You'll understand Makoto has changed (a little bit but he has changed).
That's evident.
A engrish sentence, especially in most japanese games doesn't mean anything. (I can quote a lot if you want, such like TYPE-MOON engrish garbage from Melty Blood, it isn't pretty)
Evn if it is slightly, it doesn't change the fact he was most likely like this and even without the "help" of sekai, he would act like a beast, as suggested in ep2 and ep4.
Quote:
"She used the baby to keep Makoto" is valid because she fucked too much with him and he was still with Kotonoha.
What has to happen happenned. That's all.
Sekai didn't hope for a baby, but it's because of her own choices. That's how it could be interprated with the "masked" setsuna in Sekai 's mind. For me, it's a part of the true answer.
Sekai has accepted the baby in the infirmary, hoping Makoto will do the right choice for her.
By love.
But he's totally afraid.
You are not argumenting about it, you are just using the causes to explain the consequences, while you are absolutely not explaining or refrring facts to determine what was her position/mindset.
She didn't hope it, and she gets it as a consequence. That i never implied the opposite, so?

For anyone, the masked setsuna part has a good chunk part of truth, it already said it twice FFS.
Quote:
In the mind theater, the baby didn't appear because it's a direct consequence of Sekai choice, and the explanation of masked Setsuna begins when Sekai change the seats and then presents the flower to Makoto.
According to this, the main point is not the baby, but keeping Makoto.
That's all.
AND
The baby is the perfect ultimate weapon. The announcement in the classroom has put a huge pressure on Makoto ("be with me and the child, your reputation will be less touched, than if you dump me or ask me for abortion").
And at the beginning Makoto has a very good reputation in the school.
Then Otome left Makoto because in my mind, she didn't want the baby to have no parents in love.
Your feelingz about it?
And for Kuroda? The same?
... you exactly posted what you have already TWICE, and AGAIN, you don't justify anything. If the baby is the ultimate weapon and IF she lied about it, WHY this point wasn't in the theatre? If everything was a lie, it has to be an attempt to keep Makoto.
That's what the theatre was for: to show what she wanted to do, and how to have him, even without knowing it.
That's why i said at least thrice that considering the lack of mention of the baby in the theatre, chances she is pregnant without even using it as a blackmail/grappling move to get Makoto are HIGH.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mist2123 View Post
Because Makoto was the one who wanted to have sex first.
Furthermore, when a guy impregnates his girlfriend, he has AT LEAST EQUAL responsability into it.
Now, she is complaining he simply dumped it. see how anyone can complain?
By the grace of aiur... a baby is made with the help of TWO PEOPLE. Unless it has special condition like a rape, one person isn't the only one responsible of it.
Quote:
Being a sexbeast has NOTHING to do with the baby issue.
I'm wondering if you actually know how devastating the effect on a future mother about having a child, even being young and immature as sekai.
Quote:
I'm sorry, but many of his reactions about the baby were irresponsible, coward and inconsiderate.
Being oblivious how a sexual partner can get pregnant, because of his lust is something deeply stupid. If we add how he claim he doesn't have anything to do and it was her fault only, there is a HUGE problem in that reflexion.

Makoto is by far, the most responsible for both miseries: Sekai's pregnancy, and Kotonoha breakdown.

Quote:
Totally agree.
Makoto can do anything he wants to Sekai, she is totally dependant since the folk dance event. And he took some distances from Sekai because he has been seen fucking in the lounge with Otome.
Sekai take in her head the boomerang she has sent.
And that's just justice!
*cough* if she was dependant, she would act like kotonoha and wouldn't mean the cheating huh...
And frankly, considering how she was dominating on Makoto's behaviour, it is clear she is NOT letting him doing whatever he wants. She even tracks him down when the idiot tries to do something stupid.

That said, both girls were erratically clinging on him, while even since the festival, it is broken. (not that even before, it was stupid for both of them)

as for the later part, it has been debatate so much, and it is up to anyone to determine what were his "feelings".
That said, i suspect the bad script is a huge factor of this wishy washy attitude, and this personality shift near of the end of 12
Old 2007-10-02, 03:54   Link #659
Kang Seung Jae
神聖カルル帝国の 皇帝

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keitaro View Post
This is one of the most senseless, stupidly violent animes I've watched ever in my entire anime watching career (Higurashi is in a close second).

I respect your opinion, but calling Higurashi "senseless" is a bit over the top.

How about reading about it before coming to a conclusion?
Old 2007-10-02, 04:02   Link #660
Keitaro
*Kyuuketsuki Otaku*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kang Seung Jae View Post
I respect your opinion, but calling Higurashi "senseless" is a bit over the top.

How about reading about it before coming to a conclusion?
I'm not going to comment on Higurashi anymore then I have already done since this is thread about School days but your welcome to continue this discussion in pm if you want to. Perhaps, I shouldn't have listed Higurashi in my previous post.