AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2014-09-24, 12:02   Link #381
Ghoststaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harens View Post
I was reading the translated chapters, and, although it was really funny when the talk about Momonga's heirs started, I was also confused. How would that work exactly? He's a Lich. I read in here that he
Spoiler for ...:
, but that wouldn't work would it? I'm fuzzy about the rules of this world.

Looking forward to reading more though.
Honestly I'm not sure how he is going to get heirs... With him being a giant skeleton and all.

But as far as I know, later on he uses a mixture of wearing armor and some illusion magic to cover his body, so that his skeleton bits don't show. Then he starts traveling with a human party for a bit.
Ghoststaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-24, 12:07   Link #382
Harens
Lolicon in-Training

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghoststaker View Post
Honestly I'm not sure how he is going to get heirs... With him being a giant skeleton and all.

But as far as I know, later on he uses a mixture of wearing armor and some illusion magic to cover his body, so that his skeleton bits don't show. Then he starts traveling with a human party for a bit.
Really? What about his harem(Albedo and the vampire-girl as far as I know)? Do they go with him?
Harens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-24, 12:30   Link #383
Ghoststaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harens View Post
Really? What about his harem(Albedo and the vampire-girl as far as I know)? Do they go with him?
I didn't read too far forward... (spoils motivation to translate)...

But... Afterwards Momonga goes outside to help a village, saying that it was under protection of Ainz Ooal Gown. His purpose was to spread the word of AOG to check if there are any other REAL players in this world. So then he starts travelling for awhile with another group, while Albedo is still in Nazarick doing the security upgrade and all that. Not sure when he meets the adventurers though...

Is what I can... Erm.. Infer from glancing at previous forum posts lol
Old 2014-09-24, 12:41   Link #384
Harens
Lolicon in-Training

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghoststaker View Post
I didn't read too far forward... (spoils motivation to translate)...

But... Afterwards Momonga goes outside to help a village, saying that it was under protection of Ainz Ooal Gown. His purpose was to spread the word of AOG to check if there are any other REAL players in this world. So then he starts travelling for awhile with another group, while Albedo is still in Nazarick doing the security upgrade and all that. Not sure when he meets the adventurers though...

Is what I can... Erm.. Infer from glancing at previous forum posts lol
Oh, cool. I have mixed feelings about another player stuck there. It would be kind of hard to believe that there was another case like Momonga's where he stays until the last moment because of how attached he is to that place. But it would still be nice to get some explanation as to what happened, maybe he finds a GM or something...
Harens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-24, 14:28   Link #385
Ap1001
Shikigami of the sages

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Codfish View Post
Oh, it's cool to see that there are LN translations beyond what Imoutololicious has. Currently going through the WN myself and I've already noticed the differences, so it's nice that there are LN translations as well.

Got a question; what are the levels of all of Momonga's Guardians? The max cumulative level is 700 and, including Albedo, there are 9 Guardians?
All guardains are level 100, so that makes about 10+ NPCs that are max leveled out, the rest are around 60 or so. This is one reason Momonga is really worried about their loyalty. Also the 700 is for normal guilds, but Momonga's guild kind of cheated using a world class item, so they had more levels to use. (they are considered by normal players to be evil overlords hoarding treasures, so they needed better security.)
Ap1001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-24, 16:17   Link #386
Namorax

Well, I dont really understand the Charactersheets anyway. Is there a difference between level and class levle?
Namorax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-24, 17:13   Link #387
Ap1001
Shikigami of the sages

The total level is 100 per character
there are two ways one can spend the levels, either on class or species.
putting level in class, allows one to better use class skills, for example Momonga's rank 9 class skill "heart control" allows instant kills. Class can be learned.
putting level in species allows on to better use species skill, for example guardian of the vault, Pandora's actor has high species level, so he can use high rank shape shifting that is his species skill. Species skills can not be learned.
Ap1001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-24, 18:31   Link #388
yuzen003

Quote:
Originally Posted by Namorax View Post
There's a character (At least I think its a character) listed with the translated name of "ivileye".
We can't just (literally) take that, but thanks for pointing that out nonetheless.
Late response but "ivileye" is literally the official translation in the character sheets

Spoiler for big picture:
yuzen003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-24, 22:56   Link #389
The_Codfish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Namorax View Post
They appear have an average level of around 35-40 (with one exception of 65), but I might be wrong
Some of them are apparently level 100 NPCs (Momonga's Desperation Aura being cited as normally not being able to affect them, except inside his guild dungeon) and none of the characters (Aura, Mare, Sharutia, Cocytus, Demiurge, Albedo) were below level 40 (Demiurge's voice only dominates those at level 40 and below). And it'd be silly if the "Lord of Terror" Sebastian wasn't level 100. Which leaves Gargantia and Victim (although there may be special rules for them?).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ap1001 View Post
All guardains are level 100, so that makes about 10+ NPCs that are max leveled out, the rest are around 60 or so. This is one reason Momonga is really worried about their loyalty. Also the 700 is for normal guilds, but Momonga's guild kind of cheated using a world class item, so they had more levels to use. (they are considered by normal players to be evil overlords hoarding treasures, so they needed better security.)
Ah, that answers my question. Thanks for answering.
The_Codfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-25, 01:08   Link #390
CoCayn

Quote:
Some of them are apparently level 100 NPCs (Momonga's Desperation Aura being cited as normally not being able to affect them, except inside his guild dungeon) and none of the characters (Aura, Mare, Sharutia, Cocytus, Demiurge, Albedo) were below level 40 (Demiurge's voice only dominates those at level 40 and below). And it'd be silly if the "Lord of Terror" Sebastian wasn't level 100. Which leaves Gargantia and Victim (although there may be special rules for them?).

Ah, that answers my question. Thanks for answering.
Lord of Terror is not Sebastian's title, he is an Area Guardian.

Spoiler for His true form:
CoCayn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-25, 01:58   Link #391
The_Codfish

Oh, could you pass the link to the wiki? I wanna look it up too.

Quote:
Momonga asks Albedo to ask all the six guardians to come meet him in the Arena in an hour and she consents and leaves.
Just to clarify, there are 8 Floor Guardians and Sebastian is one of them? And Albedo is the Guardian Commander? Anyway, I'm kind of confused why Momonga even brought up the 'Lord of Terror' if he only asked for 6 of the 8 Floor Guardians to come.
Old 2014-09-25, 02:28   Link #392
CoCayn

Quote:
Oh, could you pass the link to the wiki? I wanna look it up too.

Just to clarify, there are 8 Floor Guardians and Sebastian is one of them? And Albedo is the Guardian Commander? Anyway, I'm kind of confused why Momonga even brought up the 'Lord of Terror' if he only asked for 6 of the 8 Floor Guardians to come.
There is the link: http://ja.wikipedia.org/wiki/%E3%82%...8F%E8%AA%AC%29

The Floor Guardians are:
1-3 Floor Sharutia
4 Floor Gargantua
5 Floor Cocytus
6 Floor Mare and Aura
7 Floor Demiurge
8 Floor Victim

And Albedo is the overall Commander of the guardians.

There are tons of other Area Guardians inside the floors and Lord of Terror is one of them. They were talking about Area Gardians when Demiurge mentions his Ally on the floor, the Lord of terror.

Sebastian is "just" the head butler, but he is one of the strongest in Nazarick.
Old 2014-09-25, 02:58   Link #393
The_Codfish

Ah, so that was Demiurge speaking. It was a bit unclear to me in the text.

Is Sebastian an Area Guardian himself? He seems boss-like.
Old 2014-09-25, 03:05   Link #394
CoCayn

Sebastian was created as the last defense line to buy time against player invasions. In Yggdrassil, he was only staying in the throneroom with the maids doing nothing. Enemy players never got to the throne room, so he never saw any actions.

He is under the direct command of the guild members
Old 2014-09-25, 04:23   Link #395
morli

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoCayn View Post
The Floor Guardians are:
1-3 Floor Sharutia
4 Floor Gargantua
5 Floor Cocytus
6 Floor Mare and Aura
7 Floor Demiurge
8 Floor Victim
I almost mistoke Cocayn as the 5 floor guardian.

And the 8th guardian's name is Victim, really? It isn't sarcasm?
Old 2014-09-25, 04:38   Link #396
CoCayn

Quote:
Originally Posted by morli View Post
I almost mistoke Cocayn as the 5 floor guardian.

And the 8th guardian's name is Victim, really? It isn't sarcasm?
Hmm... Becoming an half-ant, half-mantis with four arms does sound interesting

I think Victim's speciality is Doppelgänger. So he probably mind fucks with people when he transforms into them by showing who the victim is lol
Old 2014-09-25, 05:39   Link #397
The_Codfish

The wiki says that Victim doesn't really have any offensive power and that when he dies, there's some special imprisoning effect? So Victim seems like a punching bag enemy to draw aggro from any invaders and let the other NPC minions on its floor do the main fighting.

CoCayn: Oh, special NPCs the guild created don't necessarily have to be Guardians themselves? Is that it?

But do the maids really do nothing? Not the miscellaneous maids like the first one Momonga met on the way to the throne, but the battle maids following Sebastian around? I thought they were like Sebastian's personal mob?

I like Cocytus' design the most out of everyone. ICE MANTIS.
Old 2014-09-25, 11:55   Link #398
Namorax

At least ingame they never had the chance to do anything. This might change in later chapters, but in Yggdrasil, all they did was walking around (normal maids) or waiting for enemy players to appear (Sebastion and the Pleiades).

That was the reason why Momonga told them to follow him: nobody outside Nazarick even knows that they exist.
Namorax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-25, 12:04   Link #399
The_Codfish

Oh, I know that, I'm just asking what kind of NPC they are. It seems there are non-combat NPCs, like the one blonde maid wandering around? And then there are the NPCs who act as creeps and bosses for the guild's dungeon. My initial question was whether or not Sebastian was a Floor or Area Guardian, but it seems like he's just a really powerful wandering enemy? With his own entourage of minions to take into battle.
Old 2014-09-25, 12:57   Link #400
Ghoststaker

Well apparently, Sebastian and the maids were meant to be the last line of defense, if ever the 8th floor was ever broken through. During the game he was situated between the 9th and 10th floor (Player Quarters to Throne Room). So he and the maids would kind of be the "Final" boss before they reach the throne room and fight with AOG.

Tags
fantasy, harem, lich, transfer to another world, world domination