AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2011-06-27, 20:26   Link #381
Malkuth
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Malkuth
The storytelling sucked in the anime version, I guess having only 12 episodes was not helping. The concept was not original but the way they handled it was really good. To be honest if it was not for the fan-service and game developer I wouldn't have bothered :/

I other words, a guy with multiple personalities due to childhood trauma, has a baby face, being popular in Asia, and ending up with a potential harem... that's the story, stripped of all gimmicks that make it interesting
Malkuth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-27, 22:55   Link #382
Forsaken_Infinity

Well, like I said earlier, they handled it superbly earlier on. The format they chose to tell this complex story and the detail they packed together (and including all the fanservice and random jokes to draw in people who like them at the same time), was seriously awesome. But the lack of episodes did take its toll in the latter half. And they severely downplayed the actual plot. But oh well.

And I don't know how some of you got Hiyoko as the winner, because, from what I saw, there was no winner. They had Kobato and Youji explicitly deny romantic interest in each other though. Which is bs just as much as Youji going yaoi on his bff is, obviously, but them being cousins and not real siblings had half-killed the fun (for me) anyway.
Forsaken_Infinity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-27, 23:13   Link #383
justsomeguy

Were they really cousins rather than siblings? I thought that was just a joke about incest moe in the opening scene. If Kobato was a cousin, why was she living with Youji and his psycho mom?

Currently playing: LoH Trails in the Sky SC
justsomeguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-28, 09:31   Link #384
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

Last episode confirmed it's cousin. Something about Kobato being Mom's brother's daughter or something like that.

Dunno how Kobato and Youji deny romantic interest in each other though, considering Kobato don't want Naru kissing Dora (yes, Dora came out so Hiyoko isn't special), and everything Youji did was for Kobato's sake. Not to mention the title is referring specifically to the Haneda 'siblings', going by the priest's words after the credits. XD

Yes its YOU childhood friend - source of BERZERKER RAGE since forever
Childhood Friend couple STATISTICS(spoilers abound though)
DragoonKain3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-29, 05:07   Link #385
sprinkles

I still do not know with which personality Kobato got naked under the blanket when Takeshi came back into the body in episode 5.
sprinkles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-29, 08:35   Link #386
tsunade666

^ maybe the other one. The one who help them figure it out. Or in the vn perspective. The player of the game. Their is another personality lock in after hayato and chitose. And that personality is the one who is watching through the outside the tv.
Old 2011-06-29, 14:15   Link #387
Forbin
I'm a sucker for Harem

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoonKain3 View Post
Last episode confirmed it's cousin. Something about Kobato being Mom's brother's daughter or something like that.

Dunno how Kobato and Youji deny romantic interest in each other though, considering Kobato don't want Naru kissing Dora (yes, Dora came out so Hiyoko isn't special), and everything Youji did was for Kobato's sake. Not to mention the title is referring specifically to the Haneda 'siblings', going by the priest's words after the credits. XD
Kobato already said she should be happy with Asuka winning.

And for spinkles..LOL You telling me DJ Condor slept with Kobato? OMG

1) By and Large...they are ** and *****.
2) What kind of girls do Anime Otaku males want? ..................... Female.
3) The odds are good, that the goods are odd.
Forbin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-29, 23:26   Link #388
Midonin
Last Engage

Oretsuba OVA - Drinky Bird

DJ Condor is one of the best characters who lacks a physical body I've seen in some time. He knows what the viewers want, and delivers it, all while delivering the kind of snarky commentary you can only get with Sugita at the helm. How the three-in-one became three separate bodies is a quandary for another day, but I was laughing almost constantly at the start of the episode. A fine fakeout, sir.

As for the rest of the episode, the ghost story being about a ghost whose "curse" is actually a blessing was pretty amusing, and lots of female flesh was provided. Also monkeys. Apparently they are quite the picky type when it comes to the kind of undergarments they prefer. Truly, they have a lot in common with man. At the end, it looks like Takashi/Hayato/Shusuke got his harem to gather round him once more - for the final animated scene of the series I'll see, I'm pretty content with that.

Worth remembering that this came with Oretsuba R, instead of released by itself - crafty, producers, very crafty. It's been a fun ride.
Midonin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-30, 06:36   Link #389
Pellissier
♪~ Daydreaming ~♪
*Graphic Designer
*Administrator

From Megami vol.135 (August 2011)

Spoiler for NSFW Asuka & Kobato:
Old 2011-06-30, 11:17   Link #390
ars89
One-Eyed Dragon

my god, that OVA!
Old 2011-06-30, 11:53   Link #391
Nvis
Where are the good animes

I haven't played the game or whatever, but I think this is the best anime this season.
(Tiger & Bunny at a close 2nd, but it is still ongoing)

And this is only the first OVA? There will be more I hope.

Hiyoko FTW!
Nvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-30, 12:07   Link #392
EroKing

Nope, it only had 1 OVA http://anidb.net/perl-bin/animedb.pl...anime&aid=8351

Anyways, that was quite a good amount of ecchi we got. I was thinking of making some gifs but they most likely won't be safe posting on the forums
The harem ending was done very well too
Old 2011-06-30, 13:48   Link #393
Hopeful Death

I just realized.

They put in that scene where Takashi finds Kobato laying naked in her futon, she calls him oniichan while she's still groggy then when she's fully awake she realizes it's not Youji and asks who it is.

But they never put the scene in the anime that took place immediately before that where Youji came to the surface and saw Kobato for the first time in years

Weird
Hopeful Death is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-01, 09:39   Link #394
Justice Knight
Haro Pwned U!!!!

just watched the OVA

they should have done this type since ep 1
Old 2011-07-01, 17:52   Link #395
Forbin
I'm a sucker for Harem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justice Knight View Post
just watched the OVA

they should have done this type since ep 1
I didn't care for Dora Butt :P

Old 2011-07-01, 21:01   Link #396
Master_Yoma
Nekokota Festival

Now that is how an ova should be and what I think an onsen on the girls side
Old 2011-07-01, 23:28   Link #397
cyberdemon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hopeful Death View Post
I just realized.

They put in that scene where Takashi finds Kobato laying naked in her futon, she calls him oniichan while she's still groggy then when she's fully awake she realizes it's not Youji and asks who it is.

But they never put the scene in the anime that took place immediately before that where Youji came to the surface and saw Kobato for the first time in years

Weird
how did that happen if he was refusing to come out?
cyberdemon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-02, 04:02   Link #398
Hopeful Death

They just made him more resistant to coming out in the anime.

In the game, he came to the surface temporarily after Garuda convinced him that Kobato wanted to see him and there was no one in the cockpit so it was a good chance(The same conversation happened in the anime, right after the Garuda episode, but Youji refused there instead.) But after his turn in the cockpit ended, he tumbled back down to the abyss and couldn't go back. He wanted to come to the surface but he couldn't do it without the 'wind' to take him, like Garuda couldn't come to the surface on his own will either. They were stuck in the abyss. It wasn't until clearing the 3 other routes that the 6th personality(you) was able to create the wind to send Youji upwards for good and start the 'true route', so to speak

But they put that scene that happens after he does come out temporarily in the anime, despite making it so he never actually comes out at that point in the anime. It's a contradiction!
Hopeful Death is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-02, 11:42   Link #399
tsunade666

but... if Youji is the one that comes out on the time when Kobato was naked then <.< master imouto moe is really master >.>

How long was the game?
Old 2011-07-05, 11:59   Link #400
Forbin
I'm a sucker for Harem

After watching 1-6 AGAIN, maybe someone can fill in the missing details

Raven is the leader of R-Wing but it is implied that he knows Phoenix from the earlier times?
Raven also implies that he knows Asuka's secrets. Is he related to her or something?

And wow Kakeru does use a lot of drugs. He must own the nightclub.

Tags
eroge, seinen