AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2018-04-20, 17:38   Link #21
Tokkan

Send a message via MSN to Tokkan
That post-ED scene where Suzuko is reunited with Ril "unexpectedly" was a bit over the top in its delivery. Was like a teaser trailer for a horror movie.
Tokkan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-04-20, 17:39   Link #22
Kurohane

Quote:
Originally Posted by Key Board View Post
Lostorage feels like Lostrage Destiny to me. It's as if the directors decided that "hey, fans don't like the new characters. Let's give the old characters more prominence"

Though in this case, it's probably not as polarizing as Gundam Seed Destiny
This series is not as popular as Gundam Seed; it's doubtful. Now another card game anime on the other hand definitely had that issue after changing characters coughCardfightVanguardGcough.
Old 2018-04-20, 18:22   Link #23
tuckersister

There is a high probability that Remember wants to become the next Mayu. I still believe Carnival isn't the last boss. Remember is the only LRIG that murdered someone. I think she is even more messed up than Carnival.

Last edited by tuckersister; 2018-04-20 at 18:48.
tuckersister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-04-20, 20:59   Link #24
Kazu-kun

The lock card is such an asspull bullshit. This series went down the drain.
Old 2018-04-20, 21:14   Link #25
Master_Yoma
Nekokota Festival

Well its good to see Akira is back and still mad as ever
Old 2018-04-20, 21:33   Link #26
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

BTW, the Midoriko and co. are probably just clones of the real people, since Hajimari takes on an appearance based off of the Selector's memories.

Spoiler for ep2:

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-04-20, 22:55   Link #27
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazu-kun View Post
The lock card is such an asspull bullshit. This series went down the drain.
It is kinda game-breaking, but whatever, it enables fun possibilities! One such fun possibility we already saw with the full true return of Piriluk.

Let's be honest - WIXOSS was rarely, if ever, sports anime-like. It's much more about characters and character drama and motivations than it was about game strategy and determining what makes a great gamer.

I can understand wishing WIXOSS was different than this, but it's not like this represents a big shift for the series. So I can probably roll with the lock card thing. It has its drawbacks for sure, but also a lot of fun can come from it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Master_Yoma View Post
Well its good to see Akira is back and still mad as ever
She's very entertaining! I actually find myself feeling a bit sorry for her, since the end of the original WIXOSS made it look like Akira got a happy ending. Clearly she's not happy now. In any event, Akira vs. Piriluk was a good match-up to give viewers at this point. I thoroughly enjoyed watching it.
Old 2018-04-21, 08:08   Link #28
alex_drian

Well, some don't learn the lesson.
alex_drian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-04-21, 09:12   Link #29
Sageblink
Speculation is wrong.

Thought she'd toss away that attitude, but Aki-lucky is just another archetype of crazy character. If having her switching from childish taunting and brutal aggresivity supposed to give depth to her character, then it's a miss.

She's just annoying and clearly, crazyness aside, she didn't learn any lesson even when it's right on her face.

Also, WHEN/WHY would she still play Wixoss to the point of learning another playstyle ? Was she hoping for the battles to start again ? Of course she was, the plot ask for it.
I'd gladly have her completely freaked out because she already lost so much... Well, she's not that logical to begin with.
Sageblink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-04-21, 10:21   Link #30
Shyni

Quote:
Originally Posted by serenade_beta View Post
Spoiler for ep2:
To be fair, the actual Iona doesn't have much personal history with Akira since that was mostly Yuki.
Shyni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-04-22, 02:21   Link #31
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sageblink View Post
Also, WHEN/WHY would she still play Wixoss to the point of learning another playstyle ? Was she hoping for the battles to start again ? Of course she was, the plot ask for it.
Except WIXOSS is super-popular in that world and everyone plays it in school. (Wanna-be) popular girl gotta do the popular stuff.

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-04-22, 06:38   Link #32
Sageblink
Speculation is wrong.

Quote:
Originally Posted by serenade_beta View Post
Except WIXOSS is super-popular in that world and everyone plays it in school. (Wanna-be) popular girl gotta do the popular stuff.
Until you lose everything from it (hence the rest of my post) and you learn about the danger related to it. She knows better than anyone that it's not just a popular game, so for her to still train and play seems rather... odd.
Old 2018-04-22, 08:45   Link #33
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど

Quote:
Until you lose everything from it (hence the rest of my post) and you learn about the danger related to it. She knows better than anyone that it's not just a popular game, so for her to still train and play seems rather... odd.
She knows very well that it doesn't pose any danger as long as you aren't a Selector. She had not reason to fear playing Wixoss after she stopped being Selector, as no one really thought that it was possible for an ex Selector to become a Selector again.

As for the reason she kept playing it, who knows. Maybe she became addicted to the game, and even if she hated it, she simply couldn't stop thinking about the various strategies she could have used to beat her opponents.

Jan-Poo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-04-22, 09:37   Link #34
Triple_R
*Author

Quote:
I think that WIXOSS has become a big part of Aki-Lucky's sense of self. Because a lot of her most intense memories are now tightly tied to that game.

When it comes to things that have captured her passion, there appears to be two: WIXOSS and, of course, her modeling/celebrity career. Well, with her celebrity career clearly not going the way she wants it to, maybe she tried to compensate by becoming really good at the other thing she was passionate about, WIXOSS.

Finally, Aki-Lucky has never struck me as a particularly careful person when it comes to her basic well-being. She's bold and brash, and basically goes wherever her emotions take her. And she's ruled by anger far far more than she's ruled by fear. In fact, she rarely displays fear and very frequently displays anger. In Psychology, one thing talked about is the Fight/Flight response. Well, Akira is the type of person that will almost always pick "Fight". It's just her personality.
Old 2018-04-22, 12:38   Link #35
Sageblink
Speculation is wrong.

Thank you both, that is really well explained as to why she would still engage it this game.
Old 2018-04-27, 16:14   Link #36
Shyni

Oh wow the new premise really does let someone build a LRIG Sentai.
Shyni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-04-27, 16:43   Link #37
Kazu-kun

The key card is such a stupid concept. It doesn't matter whether it's used by the good guys or the bad guys. It's an asspull either way.
Old 2018-04-27, 17:07   Link #38
tuckersister

Wow, Hanna actually lost on purpose. That's surprising.

The Key card will give Human-LRIGs an advantage over a regular Selector.

Tama still has influence over the White Room. Hence the reason why she's the "queen".

Last edited by tuckersister; 2018-04-27 at 17:56.
tuckersister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-04-27, 19:43   Link #39
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど

The past season there were quite a few male Selectors, but I guess we won't see any this time, apart from Satomi who is actually Carnival, a LRIG to begin with.

I guess they want to avoid it to become a Genderbending anime.

Anyway I'm confused at how Carnival can have Aya as a LRIG, isn't she supposed to be in a human body just like Carnival? What happened to Shou Narumi? Same goes for Guzuko, what happened to Sou Sumida?

It may be that Carnival actually fought against Aya or Guzuko as selectors in their male bodies, and that they turned into their LRIG selves through they key and that then they lost and were snatched...

We've have just learned that a Selector who lost her LRIG can still fight by turning herself into a LRIG through the key, but what happens if she loses? Of course logic dictates that she will also as LRIG be taken by the winner, the question is what happens to the Selector's body then.

Jan-Poo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-04-27, 22:20   Link #40
Triple_R
*Author

I get Kazu-kun's complaints, and Jan-Poo's questions might point to some serious plot holes, but still... this is WIXOSS. It was always a darker-toned, hammy, emotionally-heavy show. The card games are largely vehicles for character exploration, plot development, and (hopefully) entertaining conflict. I can think of some WIXOSS matches that ended in rather asspully ways in previous seasons (including in the original WIXOSS).

I get how conflict can be more interesting when rules are a bit firmer, and abilities a bit more limited, than they are here. Still, I see loads of potential for pure fun factor with Lostorage conflated's new game mechanics. I mean, what Carnival's LRIGs did in this episode was certainly fun and amusing to watch, at least to me. And, in future episodes, we'll likely get LRIG "tag-team" matches. In other words, a Selector with two LRIGs against a Selector with two LRIGs. That has a lot of potential for some wild attacks. And hey, if you want to see more careful and intricate game strategy, 2 LRIGs vs. 2 LRIGs opens up some real possibilities there!

Some more character-based points on Episode 4:

1. I really liked Homura's scene here. And her fighting to get Chinatsu's memories takes away one of my issues with the previous Lostorage season.

2. It's nice to see a Hitoe that's a bit emotionally stronger here... though that's maybe undermined a bit by her being the jobber again. Still, having a newb without a LRIG defeat an important returning character was suprirsing at least. And I liked the twist of this newb seeming like a total masochist.

3. I'm a little surprised we have yet to see Kazuki (Yuzuki's brother) or get any indication of her current relationship with him. I mean, given that Yuzuki has actually received a decent amount of screen-time so far. Has the franchise simply decided to bury this case of "wincest"?

4. Really solid cliffhanger ending.