AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2008-03-12, 22:27   Link #1161
hero147

aww I like Lacus........Great character!
hero147 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-12, 23:20   Link #1162
Cox
BEETLEJUICE!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Synria_ View Post
*Insert cuss words here* @ Dean the young.

Anyone wishing harm to Lacus is a sworn enemy of mine.
Reportedly Shinn stabs Lacus in the Movie. Something I heard.....

Lets be honest and on topic abit. There is no Movie and the hype of 2006 changed to a new series. SEED is gone and people need to move on.
Cox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-12, 23:25   Link #1163
SoldierOfDarkness
The Dark Knight

Location: From the deepest abyss in the world, where you think?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cox View Post

Lets be honest and on topic abit. There is no Movie and the hype of 2006 changed to a new series. SEED is gone and people need to move on.
NEVERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

I wonder if this movie will turn into a Duke Nukem Forever thingy...
SoldierOfDarkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-12, 23:43   Link #1164
wingdarkness
Retweet Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dean_the_Young
I want death and destruction on a indiscriminant basis. And I want ZAFT to lose.
Did you see ep 50 and Final Plus?? ZAFT lost, and they lost in the most embarrasing way in G-history, and then the terrorist re-shaped ZAFT in their own name and made Lacus supreme commander and she put her ex-boyfriend and his ex-boyfriend in the head of the military and signed an agreement with her angel-bath BFF...ZAFT lost big man so a movie where they lose again is just too redundant...If anyone needs to lose make it that tiny rock in the middle of the ocean called Orb...

Last edited by wingdarkness; 2008-03-12 at 23:54.
wingdarkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-13, 00:19   Link #1165
Flame-X
Anti-fan

Quote:
THANK YOU! couldn't have said it better myself.
Old 2008-03-13, 00:37   Link #1166
4Tran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dean_the_Young
If there is another Seed series...
<SNIP>
There's an awful lot of good ideas here. In fact, many of them are similar to ideas I've been entertaining as well. The problem is that you've got enough ideas that, to do them justice, we'd need five or six different 50-episode shows.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoldierOfDarkness
IMO the SEED ending was good because both sides had agreed to a ceasefire ONLY. No one was actually destroyed in this case so not only did we had a prospect of a good future but it left some things open to interpretation. Sure ZAFT and the EA are finally going to the tables to talk but then what happens afterward?

In DESTINY the EAF is oblitered from the face of the Earth with all the main characters joining ZAFT/Orb which pretty much puts the ball in their court if anyone decides to challenge them.

I mean sure ZAFT and Orb could go at it but since all the good guys are in that side it's kinda hard to see how that'll materialize. And since you got Kira, Athrun, Shin, and Mwu on that side all of the battles are going to turn into Dynasty warriors.
As Dean_the_Young aptly demonstrated, there's tons of material to explore as long the creators don't try to tell the same story again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cox

Considering that there's has literally been no news about the Seed movie aside from the Morosawa interview, both of these points are almost certainly without merit. If, on the other hand, you have a reliable source for your claims, please share it with the rest of us.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wingdarkness
Did you see ep 50 and Final Plus?? ZAFT lost, and they lost in the most embarrasing way in G-history, and then the terrorist re-shaped ZAFT in their own name and made Lacus supreme commander and she put her ex-boyfriend and his ex-boyfriend in the head of the military and signed an agreement with her angel-bath BFF...ZAFT lost big man so a movie where they lose again is just too redundant...If anyone needs to lose make it that tiny rock in the middle of the ocean called Orb...
Correction: Durandal lost. Plenty of ZAFT troops fought against him so it was effectively a civil war. Moreover PLANT in general didn't seem to mind Lacus winning.
Old 2008-03-13, 00:44   Link #1167
SoldierOfDarkness
The Dark Knight

Location: From the deepest abyss in the world, where you think?
Quote:
As Dean_the_Young aptly demonstrated, there's tons of material to explore as long the creators don't try to tell the same story again.
As they say, if it ain't broken don't fix it.

I hardly doubt the writers will try something different. It'll be the same story again anyways because that's what it is.
SoldierOfDarkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-13, 01:03   Link #1168
Renegade334
Sleepy Lurker
*Graphic Designer

Quote:

*shakes head*
Someone obviously didn't read the announcement in the previous page or plain didn't bother.

Last edited by Renegade334; 2008-03-13 at 01:22.
Renegade334 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-13, 04:00   Link #1169
Sir Dearka
Inglourious Buster

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoldierOfDarkness View Post
As they say, if it ain't broken don't fix it.

I hardly doubt the writers will try something different. It'll be the same story again anyways because that's what it is.
You can't really "break" the universe until you know it sells bad because of your strategy. I don't thing CE proved to be such a financial catastrophe for the producers not to try to milk it a bit more. And I hope they'll "milk" it in a really good, classy and original way.
Sir Dearka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-13, 07:27   Link #1170
Dean_the_Young
Has a life IRL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spitfire View Post
Then you might want to direct your profanity at more people than Just DTY. There are quite a few of us here who want that bitch to go down.
Actually, one of the things I decided very early on was that Lacus would not be harmed by the enemy. And also that, true to character, she will do what she believes she must, regardless what others may think, and also take into consideration that she's the leader of a nation. The only way Lacus would die is for someone on her own side to kill her, or for her to take her own life. At the end of the war, she's even captured and released, despite some of the actions that occured when she tries "to end the war quickly."

There's also a scene before the end in which she captures the AF president (who's ethnicity is actually hispanic/old Mexican, just for kicks), and the only reason she releases him and doesn't have him killed for "crimes against humanity" is that the AF vice-President is alleged to be a member of Blue Cosmos. Needless to say, when word of her actions get out, PLANT opinion becomes even more divided.
[QUOTE]
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4Tran View Post
There's an awful lot of good ideas here. In fact, many of them are similar to ideas I've been entertaining as well. The problem is that you've got enough ideas that, to do them justice, we'd need five or six different 50-episode shows.
Hence the writing.
Actually, this mega-project can more or less be broken into two separate stories: Terminal Conflict, which displays the sort of world in which Lacus dominates and still has supreme power, and an as-yet unnamed final war another decade after.
Quote:
The problem, though, is that neither Seed or Destiny ever made much but a passing glance to any of these. If there was doubt as to the character of people from the AF, for example, Destiny ended that once and for all. Factions like the Equatorial Union and East Asia may very well be called "The Generic Map Filling Empire." I'm suggesting making a palace without bricks, let alone straw.
Dean_the_Young is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-13, 08:30   Link #1171
4Tran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dean_the_Young View Post
Actually, one of the things I decided very early on was that Lacus would not be harmed by the enemy. And also that, true to character, she will do what she believes she must, regardless what others may think, and also take into consideration that she's the leader of a nation. The only way Lacus would die is for someone on her own side to kill her, or for her to take her own life. At the end of the war, she's even captured and released, despite some of the actions that occured when she tries "to end the war quickly."
I'm rather amused by the idea of Lacus as the main villain, but I don't think that such a story would really unless she were to win...

Quote:
Hence the writing.
Actually, this mega-project can more or less be broken into two separate stories: Terminal Conflict, which displays the sort of world in which Lacus dominates and still has supreme power, and an as-yet unnamed final war another decade after.
If you're interested in writing out your story, your best bet might be to do so here or in the Fan Creations Forum.

By the way, you might want to change the "Terminal" part of the name. While they certainly helped out Lacus, Terminal isn't associated with her in any way beyond that. You might be better off calling it something ironic like "Fields of Hope" or something like that.

Quote:
The problem, though, is that neither Seed or Destiny ever made much but a passing glance to any of these. If there was doubt as to the character of people from the AF, for example, Destiny ended that once and for all. Factions like the Equatorial Union and East Asia may very well be called "The Generic Map Filling Empire."
In Seed, there was hardly any place to talk about minor Earth nations. Destiny would have been greatly improved had the creators fleshed out more of the Cosmic Era universe. However, even here, it was PLANT and, to a lesser degree, the Atlantic Federation that deserved most of the attention.

Oh, and one of the main reasons that we didn't see much about the people of the Atlantic Federation in Destiny is because its role was largely to be the red herring.
Old 2008-03-13, 08:37   Link #1172
D-KLAC
KLAC OF THE ANIME WORLD

well maybe it would be if GS FANS WILL MAKE THEIR IDEAS FOR A GS PROJECT besides there are fanfic, fanart, fan-etc, so maybe GS fans really must send ideas for a another GS series!!!

& look like wait a bit longer for GSM to get ready.
YOU EITHER ANIME NEXUS http://myanimelist.net/clubs.php?cid=24159 OR AGAINST THE ANIME
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B6WFM...eature=related
KLAC OF PERSONALITY http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jqyG8w0iMPw
D-KLAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-13, 09:03   Link #1173
Dean_the_Young
Has a life IRL

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4Tran View Post
I'm rather amused by the idea of Lacus as the main villain, but I don't think that such a story would really unless she were to win...
Oh, I wouldn't call her a villain. The Anti-ZAFT alliance, which is really the AF and whoever they can drag along (which isn't many countries), are hardly nice guys themselves. Whereas Lacus seeks justification through peace, humanity, and enlightened despotism (not quite, but almost), the AF-led faction justifies in terms of base nationalism, national interest, and cold calculation. Orb and Zaft might give aid because Cagelli and Lacus feel that decent human nature requires it; the AF government would give aid because it wants the recipients to be indebted to them. Lacus sticks to the fight in the end because of the fear most of the PLANT has, that if they lose the war the AF will genocide them all, as some hardliners in the AF government are advocating.

Quote:
If you're interested in writing out your story, your best bet might be to do so here or in the Fan Creations Forum.
I'll try and remember that.
Quote:
By the way, you might want to change the "Terminal" part of the name. While they certainly helped out Lacus, Terminal isn't associated with her in any way beyond that. You might be better off calling it something ironic like "Fields of Hope" or something like that.
Actually, there's a very good reason for calling it the Terminal Conflict; the entire first story revolves around the result of a botched Terminal mission and bad Terminal intelligence. Terminal is made somewhat public after the war, and after a Terminal mistake leads to a joint assault on an AF convoy to seize an alleged LOGOS man and stop a suspected arms shipment into space (none of which were true), the AF declares war on Terminal and Lady Lacus responds.

The result of this war directly sets up the next, though only one person knows that the entire Terminal Conflict is designed just for that purpose.
Old 2008-03-13, 19:01   Link #1174
tetsuo69

has this been posted?

Whatever happened to the Gundam SEED movie?
Reports from Japanese sites, such as Ayano☆Diary, say the most recent issue of Animage gives a long-awaited update on the situation surrounding the Gundam SEED movie, originally announced back in May of 2006. Chiaki Morosawa, who was the subject of an interview, says the plot has been done for some time now but that following the end of SEED Destiny, she fell ill, underwent examinations, and currently goes to the hospital for treatment. Apologizing more than once, she states the delay was simply due to that and though there isn't a plan in place, she has no lack of energy so she asks fans to please wait a little longer.

credits to gunotaHeadlines http://aeug.blogspot.com/
Old 2008-03-13, 19:05   Link #1175
kaito-kid
As I make you stop, think

after 2 f*ckn years there finally going to give us an update?
Old 2008-03-13, 19:23   Link #1176
Spitfire
Mr. Bushido

Quote:
Originally Posted by tetsuo69 View Post
has this been posted?

Whatever happened to the Gundam SEED movie?
Reports from Japanese sites, such as Ayano☆Diary, say the most recent issue of Animage gives a long-awaited update on the situation surrounding the Gundam SEED movie, originally announced back in May of 2006. Chiaki Morosawa, who was the subject of an interview, says the plot has been done for some time now but that following the end of SEED Destiny, she fell ill, underwent examinations, and currently goes to the hospital for treatment. Apologizing more than once, she states the delay was simply due to that and though there isn't a plan in place, she has no lack of energy so she asks fans to please wait a little longer.

credits to gunotaHeadlines http://aeug.blogspot.com/
Just goes to show that they have no idea what they are doing. It says that because Morosawa fell ill after GSD ended the movie was delayed. Destiny ended over 2 f****** years ago. Is that not enough time to find a solution so it doesn't get delayed? Or are they just sitting on their asses twiddling their thumbs.
Old 2008-03-13, 19:35   Link #1177
Cox
BEETLEJUICE!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spitfire View Post
Just goes to show that they have no idea what they are doing. It says that because Morosawa fell ill after GSD ended the movie was delayed. Destiny ended over 2 f****** years ago. Is that not enough time to find a solution so it doesn't get delayed? Or are they just sitting on their asses twiddling their thumbs.
They already made there decision. I have never seen a show that was mildly popular go two years without a word. There really is no reason for sources anymore because this project is dead, and the poor fans keep grave digging it.

And sadly I am digging just replying.

*Cox moves on in Gundam Life
Cox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-13, 20:38   Link #1178
Dean_the_Young
Has a life IRL

Betting five dollars on D-CLAC's respons. Any takers?
Old 2008-03-13, 21:10   Link #1179
D-KLAC
KLAC OF THE ANIME WORLD

hoi look since Morosawa is ill so maybe when Morosawa get better GSM will have more new fresh info on GSM.

as for now wait for Morosawa to get better.
YOU EITHER ANIME NEXUS http://myanimelist.net/clubs.php?cid=24159 OR AGAINST THE ANIME
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B6WFM...eature=related
KLAC OF PERSONALITY http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jqyG8w0iMPw
D-KLAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-13, 21:32   Link #1180
4Tran

Quote:
Actually, there's a very good reason for calling it the Terminal Conflict; the entire first story revolves around the result of a botched Terminal mission and bad Terminal intelligence. Terminal is made somewhat public after the war, and after a Terminal mistake leads to a joint assault on an AF convoy to seize an alleged LOGOS man and stop a suspected arms shipment into space (none of which were true), the AF declares war on Terminal and Lady Lacus responds.
If you want to stick with the story continuity established in Destiny, you're going to have to be careful how you treat Terminal. Apparently, it's just an information/intelligence/communication organization that's unattached to any government. As far as I can tell, it has no soldiers, no weapons and doesn't really perform missions. As such, it's extremely unlikely to officially ally itself to a government, and it's unlikely that any country would go to war against it.

Quote:
They already made there decision. I have never seen a show that was mildly popular go two years without a word. There really is no reason for sources anymore because this project is dead, and the poor fans keep grave digging it.
Until that Morosawa interview surfaced, you might well have been right. Japanese companies often like to work in secrecy, and are likely to bury unsuccessful projects secretly. However, if that was Bandai's goal, then there wouldn't have been any interview, and the Seed movie would have died quietly. At this point, there's no reason to publicize a dead project, so it's probable that they've either made significant progress on the movie, or that they've overcome whatever hurdle that had been hindering it.

Tags
mecha, seed it and weep