Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Attack on Titan

Notices

Old 2020-11-11, 21:57   Link #3821
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
I already thought so last chapter, but the soldier's speech in this one seems to further indicate we're heading toward a bullshit peace ending.

Was it really necessary to spend this many pages on the rumbling again? It feels like Isayama is just dragging things out at this point. Wasn't it said the manga would end this year, or was it just speculation?
Read the recent chapter, and I humbly believe that context is necessary to apply into the soldier's speech.

Basically, the remaining Marleyan forces were regretting that their past abuses, eventually, delivered the literal Devil into wreaking havoc and death onto the world. Hence, the soldier's speech can be seen as an act of regret out of contrition and not necessarily of geniune compassion towards the battered Eldians.

It is analogous to someone at death's doorstep and experiencing his or her lifetime flashing throughout an instant and regretting at either not having made good choices thus wasting life away or feeling that dying has come too soon without experiencing other things in life.

Whether be Eldian or non-Eldian it doesn't matter anymore because death is not only certain but also coming for them all and nobody is being spared.

Changing topic, I do agree with Armin questioning Eren whether the latter feels "free" or Paradis is earning "freedom" after the untold destruction he (Eren) has unleashed.
Basically, Armin understanding Eren better than anyone else has made clear Eren's irony for the worst due to the latters' deeds. That is that even after so much death and destruction Eren has brought to humanity he's still trapped and caged within a "wall", and that wall is hatred.

Kudos and praise for Isayama-sensei for such hints and subtle allegories.

Now, the pressing question isn't whether or not the manga is heading for a world peace ending. The pressing matter is who will stain the hands with Eren's blood in order to stop him for good, because the direction is heading full circle back to the beginning. And, that means the climax of the final confrontation will bring the readers back to Eren, Mikasa, and Armin.
Guido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-11-13, 04:45   Link #3822
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
I already thought so last chapter, but the soldier's speech in this one seems to further indicate we're heading toward a bullshit peace ending.
I hope not. I'd rather Armin and co "win", stop the rumbling for good, only for the world to turn against them and kill every Eldian on the planet. That would feel a lot more earned all around.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-11-13, 05:11   Link #3823
GDB

How much world is left at this point? The speech sounded like it was implying they were the last humans (doubtful, but that's how it felt). And other than the Eren supporters who got killed during the escape/prior battle, there's a ton of Eldians still on Paradis.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-11-15, 04:40   Link #3824
The Small One

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
How much world is left at this point? The speech sounded like it was implying they were the last humans (doubtful, but that's how it felt).
I got this feeling as well. And it also kinda looked like the rambling titans are getting even more, beeing in places Like London and Japan at the same time.

I'm wondering something else: It was said, that the attack titan is able to see the future. What are the chances of the author going for a "It's all in Eren's mind"-Ending?
The Small One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-11-15, 12:27   Link #3825
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Small One View Post
I'm wondering something else: It was said, that the attack titan is able to see the future. What are the chances of the author going for a "It's all in Eren's mind"-Ending?
"It was all a dream" is the second worst way that a story can end with after "deus ex machina".

Jan-Poo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-11-16, 17:32   Link #3826
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jan-Poo View Post
"It was all a dream" is the second worst way that a story can end with after "deus ex machina".
Worst possible outcomes to end story:
1. Deus Ex Machina World-Peace ending.
2. It was all just a dream ending.
3. The rumbling stops because the Martha Wayne test is applied on Eren.
4. Isayama-sensei pulling out a "Game of Thrones" a la style ending, although in interviews he said that he would never do that to his audience.
Guido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-11-17, 01:20   Link #3827
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Not sure how I'd feel about "it was all a prophetic dream, just before Eren decides to go through with it".
Old 2020-11-17, 03:37   Link #3828
GDB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
Not sure how I'd feel about "it was all a prophetic dream, just before Eren decides to go through with it".
If we got a full ending prior to said reveal, I'd be fine with that. It doesn't actually change anything in the narrative.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-11-17, 15:26   Link #3829
Ligerleon89

Spoiler for About the recent chapter, along with my thoughts on it.:
Ligerleon89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-12-04, 17:48   Link #3830
Blaat

Can't believe Annie is getting NTR'd.
Old 2020-12-04, 19:32   Link #3831
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

I've reached that point where I find the manga so bad I wish it would just end already, and I've invested too much time in the series to just drop it.
Old 2020-12-04, 22:48   Link #3832
Justice Knight
Haro Pwned U!!!!

Quote:
I've reached that point where I find the manga so bad I wish it would just end already, and I've invested too much time in the series to just drop it.

same here, 1st they support eren and now they wanna stop him lol. I'm pretty sure eren wants to eat all the unique titan and suicide to end this bullshit titan era. Hopefully eren dont screw his own plans since everything is going his way right now.
Old 2020-12-05, 02:25   Link #3833
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

I hope Eren succeeds, if only to know for sure what his plan is.
Old 2020-12-05, 03:12   Link #3834
Sheba
RUN, YOU FOOLS!

Location: Formerly Iwakawa base and Chaldea. Now Teyvat, the Astral Express & the Outpost
Eren going for God Emperor of Dune ending? Seems likely.
Sheba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-12-05, 09:35   Link #3835
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justice Knight View Post
I'm pretty sure eren wants to eat all the unique titan and suicide to end this bullshit titan era.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheba View Post
So you guys are saying his plan is to get killed? But what would that accomplish in this case? It was established that even if you kill one of the 9 titans the power just get transferred to a random Eldian person. That really shouldn't change just because one person has them all. I'd call that an asspull, honestly.

Old 2020-12-05, 18:10   Link #3836
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheba View Post
I love you for mentioning him rather than Lelouch.
Old 2020-12-06, 02:34   Link #3837
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
I love you for mentioning him rather than Lelouch.
On the plus side, God Emperor of Dune had prophetic power, unlike Lelouch. On the minus side, it also had room for people to just move away from each other, unlike AoT.
Old 2020-12-06, 07:36   Link #3838
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
On the minus side, it also had room for people to just move away from each other, unlike AoT.
What do you mean?

Old 2020-12-06, 08:18   Link #3839
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jan-Poo View Post
What do you mean?
I mean that part of Leto's plan was for humanity - after his death - to scatter and colonize more worlds, far beyond the reach of his own empire. In AoT, there is the sense that the world is too small to contain both Eldians and non-Eldians. There's nowhere one side can run to that the other can't also reach.

Then again, Leto and Eren have to have different aims. Leto was concerned by survival of the human race as a whole. If that's all Eren wanted, he could have let Zeke condemn the Eldian people to death.
Old 2020-12-06, 14:29   Link #3840
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど

Yeah, if you want to find a "minus side" on the comparison, the completely different aim and situation is what mostly jumps to the eyes. Assuming there isn't something about Eren that we have completely misunderstood, he wants for the conflict to end in some way, which makes him closer to Lelouch than Leto II, whose plan actually involved the birth of new factions that would inevitably come into conflict with the old ones.