AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2012-02-05, 07:44   Link #181
Jao
panchi~

Quote:
Originally Posted by gsilver View Post
I've only watched a little bit of Precure 5, but introducing all five of them in such a short time seems kind of rushed
Yes has quite a few flaws, I'm positive that being rushed or busy isn't one of them.

So yeah, I think seven is fine. It could make for a bit of a confusing final arc though.
Hiding behind tinted glasses and doors.
Jao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-05, 08:38   Link #182
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by redflame View Post
Well, at first when I saw Smile Precure and the 5 precures, I thought they were going to introduce all 5 of them at once since Toei revealed their identities and stuff, with no mystery precure and never getting the chance to speculate on which of the characters in the anime will become the next Precure . However, as I watched the first episode, I'm happy that it didn't follow that kind of thing.. I guess they would introduce one precure at a time as each episode passes except the other 2 precure, which would take time . At first, 7 seemed way too much. But I wouldn't mind it if they introduced them one at at a time, and plus it gives us a chance to guess the next Precure, which is something I'd love to do.
That's pretty much the modus operandi for Precures that have more than two starting members, which began with Yes! 5 (though hoping Beauty doesn't take two episodes to become a Precure like Minazuki Karen aka Cure Aqua). If Super Sentai can deal with having seven new members at times, having 7 Precure doesn't necessarily have to be a bad thing depending on how they pace it.

Smile ep 1 definitely has a much better start than Suite. Miyuki's epic Happy Shower PHAIL was definitely a highlight of the episode

Of all the things that Smile does though, it's the OP sequence that draws me in for some reason, since it seems to be a lot more.... "dynamic" than most Precure OP's (despite Heartcatch and Suite having good action in their OP's as well). And why is Cure Beauty's sword pose in the OP so freaking EPIC?!?!

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
LoweGear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-05, 10:16   Link #183
Midonin
Last Engage

This guy, Helios, did something very similar to this image for the Sentai franchise. I guess he's extending it to magical girls now. The first image in this series (more to come) is Nao and a collection of various green magical girls.

Midonin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-05, 10:55   Link #184
Jao
panchi~

Who is the far right one?
Jao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-05, 11:20   Link #185
Sageblink
Speculation is wrong.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jao View Post
Who is the far right one?
I think it's Rina from Mermaid Melody Pichi Pichi Pitch
Sageblink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-05, 16:27   Link #186
Ashlotte
Clockwork

Well this show has already answered my expectations by being far better then any Suite episode already. Perhaps not Heartcatch level in the long run, but I can see myself enjoying this cast a fair amount and that's all I need.

No matter what enemy. No matter what ally. Mowing everything down with maximum destructive power.

That is...

"The White Devil of the Administration Bureau"
Ashlotte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-05, 20:32   Link #187
justsomeguy

Let's see:
* The girls' school uniforms have a rather militaristic appearance.
* At the rate she's going, Miyuki will probably gain a reputation as a weirdo. Personally, I'm thinking that she has ADHD, given how much energy and rapid attention and mood shifts she has.
* Forget TVs. Bookshelves are the new portals to other worlds.
* The clock to release Pierrot has 22 hours, so he'll likely show up halfway through the show.
* All of the Akanbes will probably be clown-themed. I suppose IRL they'll be horrific, but in this show they just look silly compared to the "angry" monsters from the other shows.
* Cure Happy wins by luck and flailing like the beginner she is. Always fun to watch, including the first failed Happy Shower.
* Yayoi really is a crybaby. I'm guessing that once she joins, she'll be stumbling and crying her way through battle. Heck, she does that in the OP!
* I think Miyuki left the book where she dropped it. What will happen to it?
* Very good sounding OP, and a hilarious ED where Sunny beans Happy with a volleyball.

Overall, the first episode is very fast (rushed?) and energetic. If the writers and animators can keep it up, this will be a good year.

Currently playing: LoH Trails in the Sky SC
justsomeguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-05, 21:08   Link #188
Midonin
Last Engage

The comment in my review about the doujins based on the content of the first episode? I don't even need to wait that long. There's enough Miyuki/Wolfurun fanart that I can safely say I'm on the same wavelength as pixiv's regulars, disturbingly.
Old 2012-02-05, 21:37   Link #189
rx4096
Cure Mach

Smile Precure episode 1-
It's all already the first episode and I'm feeling in love with this season.
where can I begin The cast is great, it's down to earth, funny and Candy is cute. Wolfrun is very interesting villain that we never seen in the show before. I'm having a feeling this going to be better than heartcatch.

Next episode, we see hino in action.
rx4096 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-05, 22:28   Link #190
Funkatron
Highly irregular

So, some speculation on Cure Decor:

Spoiler:

Okay, we have the happy one, the fiery one, the banchou, the crybaby and the cool one. I can dig this. And if there are indeed 7, I wonder what tropes the others will take?

Last edited by Funkatron; 2012-02-06 at 00:25.
Funkatron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-06, 08:15   Link #191
Liddo-kun
is this so?

Spoiler for Episode 1:

Liked the opening and ending themes. They're catchy, espescially the ED.
Liddo-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-06, 10:13   Link #192
Dop
Mmmm....

I hadn't been planning to follow this show but thought I'd give the first episode a go anyhow.
Big mistake, I'll end up watching all the rest now. Wolfrun was a better bad guy than Suite's Trio the Minor ever managed to be, although I got the feeling he was rolling his eyes and thinking "What the hell?" especially after the failed Happy Shower*

Also, clowns are evil.

*If you think this sounds dubious, you have a dirty mind....!
Dop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-06, 10:14   Link #193
Sageblink
Speculation is wrong.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liddo-kun View Post
Going to be following this series.
Of course you are, you Precure maniac !
Sageblink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-06, 11:06   Link #194
Midonin
Last Engage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dop View Post
*If you think this sounds dubious, you have a dirty mind....!
Guilty as charged.
Old 2012-02-06, 11:51   Link #195
.:Jason:.
~The Radiant Protector~

Send a message via AIM to .:Jason:. Send a message via MSN to .:Jason:.
As a newcomer to the Precure franchise, this was a very interesting introduction to the franchise/this particular series. Good enough to get me to follow it weekly at least. Pity we have to wait for Cute March's debute, as from what little we've seen of her she's my favorite of the five. Now off to start on Suite to pass the time between episodes.

Set by TheEroKing.
.:Jason:. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-06, 12:06   Link #196
OceanBlue
Not an expert on things

I thought it was a really funny start. Miyuki's funny and it seems like each character has their own interesting quirks. I'll look forward to this.
OceanBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-07, 03:05   Link #197
elior

everyone look how much popular pretty cure became in japan you wont belive to what you see http://www.pretty-cure.it/curiosita/...e-in-giappone/
page 2:http://www.pretty-cure.it/curiosita/...ppone-parte-2/
page 3: http://www.pretty-cure.it/speciale-r...arte-3-finale/

Last edited by elior; 2012-02-07 at 03:30.
elior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-07, 05:51   Link #198
Sol Falling

I've gotta sit myself down sometime and watch the last 7 episodes of Suite...I was having decent fun with it until we came up on the climax, and the thought of overbearing, poorly-executed drama stopped me in my tracks. Strangely enough, by contrast in Heartcatch I'd begun getting somewhat bored of the standard "depressed person of the week", and gladly welcomed the finale for bringing in some much-needed tension.

Anyway, I was drawn into Smile by the character designs. Blue and Yellow look the best. I didn't realize how ugly the rolls for Miyuki's civilian hairstyle would be, though--that'll be something of a challenge. For all its issues, with Suite at least the characters (particularly Hibiki) were always pleasant to look at.

lol, I guess I'm somewhat of an anomaly in that my interest in Precure has always been at least partly sustained by fast and loose yuri shipping. Blind Yuri x Momoka, Hibiki x Kanade fan reporting in, lol. I think Smile is gonna need some sort of similar hook to keep me watching, 'cause much as the setup in this episode was decent, I haven't nearly been drawn into the characters as much as Suite's first ep. did for me. I think I do still appreciate the themes of Mahou Shoujo, just perhaps not enough to carry 50 episodes on that alone.

Guess I'll give Smile a couple more episodes for me to locate my moe points for it, :P.
Sol Falling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-07, 08:27   Link #199
Jao
panchi~

Potential Smile pairings the way I see it:

PinkxRed, PinkxYellow, PinkxGreen
RedxYellow, RedxGreen
YellowxGreen, YellowxBlue
GreenxBlue
PinkxRedxYellow, YellowxGreenxBlue

All that from one episode.