AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Little Busters

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2012-10-08, 00:36   Link #61
Balzac
Assistant Professor

I looked through youtube for the OP, and I just have to say:

What the heck. Why did they leave the sentimental middle part? The one with "kira minna onaji yume no iteita...." It was a satisfying valley of emotion for me that ascends into a high note afterwards, almost reflecting the flow of the story itself, from happiness to a downward spiral to the eventual triumph.

And nice job blatantly revealing Midori folks.
Old 2012-10-08, 00:41   Link #62
Dizzyworld2

I just noticed something about the opening. (I'll upload a screen shot later)

Lennon is on top of Kyousuke head (as in he created him) and the black cat is the old cat that Rin takes care of before it dies.

Btw, I thought Dorji was a lot bigger (at least 4 ft tall) but I guess I was wrong?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Balzac View Post
I looked through youtube for the OP, and I just have to say:

What the heck. Why did they leave the sentimental middle part? The one with "kira minna onaji yume no iteita...." It was a satisfying valley of emotion for me that ascends into a high note afterwards, almost reflecting the flow of the story itself, from happiness to a downward spiral to the eventual triumph.

And nice job blatantly revealing Midori folks.
I agree. I was kinda sad when that part was cut off in the anime-size version.
Old 2012-10-08, 03:47   Link #63
Xacual

They didn't really spoil anything, at least that anyone would notice in the OP. I mean look at the ending of the OP, it's basically the very end of the game, the whole group leaving school together to go to the beach. Midori is not that recognizable in comparison to Mio, I doubt a single anime only viewer will catch on to that she's a separate character in the OP before she's introduced actually in the show.

I was influenced by a certain group overflowing with madness and started trying to write a story. Please give it a try. Crashed into Fantasy
Old 2012-10-08, 04:26   Link #64
Jmac
Sharing my world thru art
*Artist

This will be full of win if they animate the muscle sensation!
Old 2012-10-08, 05:05   Link #65
Balzac
Assistant Professor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xacual View Post
They didn't really spoil anything, at least that anyone would notice in the OP. I mean look at the ending of the OP, it's basically the very end of the game, the whole group leaving school together to go to the beach. Midori is not that recognizable in comparison to Mio, I doubt a single anime only viewer will catch on to that she's a separate character in the OP before she's introduced actually in the show.
Wouldn't they find it odd to see that she's featured twice? I mean, personally I would ask that question if it was my first time.

But there was a nice symbolism there, Midori surrounded by shadows, possibly seemingly emerging from the shadow of the canopy.

Also, I looked into the ED, and while the foreshadowing you all interpreted is nice and all, there's just one tiny detail they might've intentionally left out: Kengo's not wearing the jumper.
Old 2012-10-08, 05:33   Link #66
ronelm2000
Moe Kyun~!

Quote:
Wouldn't they find it odd to see that she's featured twice? I mean, personally I would ask that question if it was my first time.

But there was a nice symbolism there, Midori surrounded by shadows, possibly seemingly emerging from the shadow of the canopy.

Also, I looked into the ED, and while the foreshadowing you all interpreted is nice and all, there's just one tiny detail they might've intentionally left out: Kengo's not wearing the jumper.
IMO they could easily add that later on.

...and while Midori's existence will be practically unknown to the anime-watchers, her expression WILL soon come as a bit mysteriously unfitting as soon as the common route for Mio engages.

Also... I STILL think it was a bad idea to use shadows in the OP. Especially with Mio around.
Old 2012-10-08, 07:42   Link #67
Balzac
Assistant Professor

(I'm not sure if this is the right thread to post so if someone could point me in the correct direction, please feel free.)

Okay, I bit the bullet. Slightly. I asked for a Skype mini-stream of part of an episode, to see how it was. Now as I stated in my Clannad anime review, I'm not too keen on perfect adaptations. This particular instance I'm highlighting below is a decent example of how one doesn't perfectly adapt.

Now to game veterans, think of this scene as something you view without having ever read the novel at all. Put yourself in the shoes I crafted in simulacrum for myself, and let us walk through the scene.
Spoiler for Blatantly long post:
Old 2012-10-08, 08:14   Link #68
ronelm2000
Moe Kyun~!

Quote:
(I'm not sure if this is the right thread to post so if someone could point me in the correct direction, please feel free.)

Okay, I bit the bullet. Slightly. I asked for a Skype mini-stream of part of an episode, to see how it was. Now as I stated in my Clannad anime review, I'm not too keen on perfect adaptations. This particular instance I'm highlighting below is a decent example of how one doesn't perfectly adapt.

Now to game veterans, think of this scene as something you view without having ever read the novel at all. Put yourself in the shoes I crafted in simulacrum for myself, and let us walk through the scene.
Spoiler for Blatantly long post:
Long post, good thing I'm an avid reader. (although I have my times of confusion in the matter)

... let's see... I do agree with most of your post: things that could have done in a long 4 minutes have been portrays in those small, yet detailed descriptions of Masato being so muscular. However, like the anime-watchers, we don't really catch that at first glance, until you realize it in Refrain... when you realize the "secret of the world"... and I think that's what those details sound to me IMO. Even the ED Alicemagic portrays the same feeling. They could have added some bonus points for being a VN player, but I think they're either holding back... or have a weak budget.

IMO, they should up the budget. I think the risk is worth it, IMO; it still a rather big source of meme from the already-Japanese-popular NND... maybe Nichijou's financial performance had something to do with how the budget for LB! turned out, since Nichijou was quite popular in NND but had low financial reception... for rather obvious reasons that anime company financial analysts could easily miss.
Old 2012-10-08, 10:06   Link #69
Arturia Polaris
Good OP Hunter

Someone threw the idea of multiple baseball matches...

That's a brilliant idea. You can avoid having the resets and you can also go ahead and have moar training, which shows that Rin grows and stuff.

I'm not for a perfect anime adaption, I'm happy seeing the crew getting animated.

Arty

My fanfiction works include:

Tari Tari: Past and Present, As the Gentle Breeze Blows
Little Busters: Bird's Song
Sword Art Online: Vanquishing of the Laughing Coffin

My own works include: Social Fact
Old 2012-10-08, 10:39   Link #70
Pik2Rob

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jmac View Post
This will be full of win if they animate the muscle sensation!
I think if they want to they will make it a short dream sequence in Kud's route just like in the game.
Old 2012-10-08, 19:11   Link #71
Balzac
Assistant Professor

I have another thought. In discussions about the anime - especially if that particular point in the animation hasn't been reached yet - the name of the true route, Refrain, shouldn't be written, even in passing. I feel like the word by itself has a connotation that clues in the observant to the real nature of the story, however vague it might seem at first. One meaning of refrain is "a regularly recurring, repeating phrase or verse..." (Merriam-Webster's Dictionary) Just something to remember, in my opinion for the benefit of any newcomers.
Old 2012-10-08, 19:57   Link #72
Arturia Polaris
Good OP Hunter

Wise words balzac-kun and +1 on the notion

Arty

PS: i thought that
Spoiler for refrain:

My fanfiction works include:

Tari Tari: Past and Present, As the Gentle Breeze Blows
Little Busters: Bird's Song
Sword Art Online: Vanquishing of the Laughing Coffin

My own works include: Social Fact
Old 2012-10-09, 06:25   Link #73
ronelm2000
Moe Kyun~!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arturia Polaris View Post
Wise words balzac-kun and +1 on the notion

Arty

PS: i thought that
Spoiler for refrain:
Can't it be both?
Old 2012-10-09, 06:44   Link #74
Aspirety
Voyager Witch

Quote:
Originally Posted by arturia polaris View Post
wise words balzac-kun and +1 on the notion

arty

ps: I thought that
Spoiler for refrain:
YOU HAD ONE JOB. One job...

:P
Old 2012-10-09, 14:51   Link #75
Shiina
ガ━━Σ(゚Д゚|||)━━ン!!

Future episode summaries from Newtype:
Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Episode 2 doesn't have any info that we don't already know.
Episode 3: There are still 4 more people needed for the baseball team. Kurugaya invites Riki for tea. After chatting a bit, she becomes interested in the team. However, she has a conflict with Masato and they get into a battle.
Episode 4: Riki finds Komari napping on the rooftop and overhears her sleeptalking, "Onii-chan...?" Though Komari is an only child, she says she dreams about an older brother who reads her picture books.

There's a mention in Animedia that Komari's route will cover episodes 4-6. That's pretty fast... At that rate, they really might be able to fit everything including Refrain in 26 episodes.
So far it's:
Ep 2: Komari joining the baseball team, discovering Lennon's message
Ep 3: Kurugaya and Haruka's intoduction
Ep 4-6: Komari's route

So we'll be getting into character routes before finishing common. Right now I wouldn't be surprised if Kud and Mio aren't fully introduced until after we get done with Komari's route. It could work, if they're creative about it. Thoughts?
Old 2012-10-09, 15:26   Link #76
Ringil

Dang, I thought the reset for each heroine format would have worked out better (especially considering the long lengths of time in the Kud's route!), but it seems like an omnibus format.
Old 2012-10-09, 15:35   Link #77
Draneor
Aesop's Fox

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringil View Post
Dang, I thought the reset for each heroine format would have worked out better (especially considering the long lengths of time in the Kud's route!), but it seems like an omnibus format.
Oh I definitely agree because it's the subtle changes in the common route each time that I think lead to Refrain being so emotionally meaningful (like seeing Rin gradually open up more and more to her new friends). Certainly, an endless 8 style adaptation is utterly impracticable. Now, perhaps they can show Rin and Riki's growth in other ways... I have doubts now.

As far as starting off with Komari, I think her route was, at best, average. Four episodes in is not enough time to bond with the cast (since, I presume, the rest of the common route will be animated afterwards). Only way I can see this being salvaged is if Rin has a co-crucial role in a rewritten Komari route. Otherwise, it's going to come across as Riki helping a succession of girls with their problems when the main theme is it's really them helping him and Rin.
Old 2012-10-09, 15:38   Link #78
OPN

3 Episodes? Well i guess that kinda confirms this is the only season were getting...damn it.
Old 2012-10-09, 16:28   Link #79
Dizzyworld2

I don't mind Komari's route kicking in in episode 4 but I am hoping that her route is not 3 episodes. I do not want to see Refrain animated until fall 2013-early 2014.

I just hope that Rin does another mission to recruit baseball members in the next episode since we may be able to see Mio (and hear her new voice)

Here's a bit of speculation for the next the next few plot lines:
Komari's route > Introduce Kud and Mio (but hopefully by the 1st 2 episodes of Komari's route) > Finish common route + baseball > Haruka's route > exams kick in and Kud's route > Reset

If Komari's route is indeed 3 episodes, I hope that Rin1 is animated... just to ensure that Refrain is not happening this season

Common route: at least 5 episodes
Character routes: at least 3 episodes (x 6 characters) = 18

Total: 23 episodes.

Actually on second thought, Refrain might get its own season ;__;

Edit:
Although the routes may be rushed, I'll be ok if Komari's route is only 3 episodes. As long as Haruka's (longest) and Rin's episodes are at least 4 episodes, I think I won't be upset with the pacing.
Old 2012-10-09, 16:36   Link #80
OPN

If you go by that then yeah refrain probably wont get the after story treatment. It'll be 3 episodes just like the other routes sadly. Which will not end well.