AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Boku wa Tomodachi...

Notices

View Poll Results: Boku wa Tomodachi... - Episode 9 Rating
Perfect 10 31 39.74%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 26 33.33%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 14 17.95%
7 out of 10 : Good 5 6.41%
6 out of 10 : Average 2 2.56%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 78. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2011-12-01, 20:01   Link #1
Kairin
AnimeSuki's Mascot

Boku wa Tomodachi ga Sukunai - Episode 9 Discussion / Poll

Welcome to the discussion thread for Boku wa Tomodachi..., Episode 9.

Thread Guidelines
  • Raw requests and offers are not permitted anywhere on this forum.
  • Spoilers or hints about future events must not be posted in this thread.
    If you need to reference something that would spoil a future event, reply directly with a private message, or seek out a more appropriate thread.
  • Discuss your expectations of the episode if it has not aired yet.
  • Be polite to your fellow forum members.
  • Please try to keep the discussion on-topic.
  • Do not post multiple times in a row. Please edit your existing post if you wish to add additional thoughts.
Episode Thread Spoiler Policy
  • Any comment that discloses events, characters, plot or other information before it is revealed in the anime is expressly forbidden whether or not it is behind spoiler tags.
    Spoiler tags should still be used where appropriate.
    Please consult the AnimeSuki Spoiler Policy for more information.
  • Adding a Spoiler tag:
    Just highlight your spoiler and click the button found
    on the "Quick Reply" and "Reply to Thread" forms.
    Make sure that you include a useful title!
  • Please use the Report button if you see any inappropriate spoilers:
    Click the button found to the left of the post, just under the poster's avatar.
    Using the Report button is anonymous and helps the Moderators
    locate and deal with problems quickly.
  • Posting inappropriate spoilers may result in a ban.
    Note: Reporting a post does not mean the poster will be banned instantly.
    The Moderators will use bans if warnings are repeatedly ignored.
Old 2011-12-01, 20:12   Link #2
bakAnki
あやせたんの剣

Spoiler for :
Old 2011-12-01, 20:13   Link #3
potchip

Stella totally stole the show.

Meat slam wasn't as stunning as expected, without the wall of meat text. Sena being classic tsundere during the house visit is cute. You can guess at how Sena's personality came about.

The tight fitting zebra body suit is sexy, and the awkardness is very Yozora.

The saying the opposite of love is indifference, not hate. Just look at Kobato/Maria & Yozora/Sena. They fight but are best buddies.
Old 2011-12-01, 20:43   Link #4
Newprimus
NO ESCAPE FROM NYAAA
*Artist

The universe scene was epic. So funny. I was wondering how they'd visualize that scene from the novel and it looks like they pulled it off in a way that'd fit the anime medium. Pegasus is funny. And looks like they saved on the budget the past two eps and piled it into this one.
Old 2011-12-01, 20:50   Link #5
zeniselv
Staring into your soul.

good episode even though the animation quality was all over thr place, still the funniest episode so far
Old 2011-12-01, 22:13   Link #6
ion475
にこにこにー

Got a 9 only b/c I find the novel version of Meat better. Okay, they also cut out the maids, but Stella and Pegasus are the key either way.

On a side note, at current pace, looks like they do intend on ending the anime around Vol. 3/Vol. 4 transition, as I long predicted. I guess that's why they skipped half of Vol. 2...
Old 2011-12-01, 22:55   Link #7
Midonin
Last Engage

BokuTomo 09 - A Horse is a Horse/Sanaena

Yozora and Rika's ideas for swimsuits fit their personalities perfectly. The last time I saw an old-timey swimsuit like that was when Kaoru Daichi was trying to hide "her" identity, but Yozora... goes even more overboard. The horse head is what sells it. Rika, of course, considers a swimsuit as a venue to get naked. The part at Sena's house... Sena and Sanae are really cementing Kanae Ito's role as seducer of young (squid) girls. Not that I would mind getting caught up in that. Her insult to Kodaka as "Eroge protagonist!" was great. And her father's not a bad guy when he's plastered. Overall, pretty fun.
Old 2011-12-01, 23:38   Link #8
Miraluka
Banned

What I found hilarious is that there is fs material and yaoi material.

Spoiler for Pegasus' fantasy (yaoi?):
Old 2011-12-01, 23:44   Link #9
Tenchi Ryu
True Harem End or BUST

I'd have totally banged Rika by now if I was Kodaka, especially since she want to be F-buddies with no strings attached apparently.

Otherwise, very good episode. Comedy was top notch and the ecchi was very nice. Sena is just absolutely killing herself when it comes to making good bonds with Kodaka's family....if she wants him, she got to stop creeping out his little sister lol.

Last edited by Tenchi Ryu; 2011-12-02 at 02:31.
Old 2011-12-02, 00:33   Link #10
Johnny
Working the bags...

^This on all counts...And Stella was pretty funny too...
Old 2011-12-02, 00:44   Link #11
Flawfinder
Loves the Experience

Oh god, that was funny. I just love the jokes in this show, combined with the characters' personalities. Just awesome.

Beach episode next. Yozora's swimsuit is weird, and she torture Sena again next episode.

My Awesome Anime Blog: Standing On My Neck
Old 2011-12-02, 01:00   Link #12
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by bakAnki View Post
Spoiler for :
"You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means."
Old 2011-12-02, 01:27   Link #13
cyberdemon

Is Stella really not Sena's mother? When i first saw her i thought that she was. When Kodaka saw her he thought that she was. The only difference to me would be the shorter hair and less meat.

I'm almost afraid to ask but what DID Sena do to kobato in the bath?

Last edited by cyberdemon; 2011-12-02 at 01:46.
Old 2011-12-02, 01:30   Link #14
Wandering_Youth
lost in wonder forever...

This episode was hilarious!

I have a feeling Kobato and Yozora will be real good buddies after seeing what they did with Maria. Poor Maria...

Towards the end of the episode was it was still very entertaining. Sena's family is pretty weird and I would of never expected that. Sena's a total creep now, lol.
Old 2011-12-02, 01:38   Link #15
Zavie

Really nice episode, I totally enjoyed the meat feast and that sentence Sena threw at Kodaka lol...

Is it just me or this week's episode has helluva lot really good soundtracks? That guitar piece near the end sounds really nice...
Old 2011-12-02, 01:58   Link #16
SilverSyko
Okuyasu the Bird

Ah now I liked this episode. There was some funny moments with a lot of development for both Kodaka and Sena's families. It's always nice to learn about the parents as a lot of the time they're just shoved out of these kinds of series without ever learning anything about them.~

Yeesh though, Sena can get almost as bad as Rika when it comes to Kobato. I don't blame Kobato for being absolutely terrified of her.

Stella was interesting as I think this is the first time I've ever seen a female butler. Usually family servants are a lot more formal and diligent too so seeing one that enjoys joking around or even just expressing her dislike for certain chores is pretty amusing.

Pegasus was the funniest character for me this episode. The scene where he just got more and more drunk on juice and then collapsed on the bed was the most hilarious part for me. (Also as soon as he revealed his name I was instantly reminded of Yu-Gi-Oh! )

Another swimsuit episode again next week though eh? This series really likes playing the swimsuit card a lot.

Which reminds me, I didn't think Yozora would be THAT extremely against revealing skin. I mean it's okay to do so sometimes in proper situations where it's not obnoxious.
Old 2011-12-02, 02:02   Link #17
cyberdemon

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverSyko View Post
Ah now I liked this episode. There was some funny moments with a lot of development for both Kodaka and Sena's families. It's always nice to learn about the parents as a lot of the time they're just shoved out of these kinds of series without ever learning anything about them.~

Yeesh though, Sena can get almost as bad as Rika when it comes to Kobato. I don't blame Kobato for being absolutely terrified of her.

Stella was interesting as I think this is the first time I've ever seen a female butler. Usually family servants are a lot more formal and diligent too so seeing one that enjoys joking around or even just expressing her dislike for certain chores is pretty amusing.

Pegasus was the funniest character for me this episode. The scene where he just got more and more drunk on juice and then collapsed on the bed was the most hilarious part for me. (Also as soon as he revealed his name I was instantly reminded of Yu-Gi-Oh! )

Another swimsuit episode again next week though eh? This series really likes playing the swimsuit card a lot.

Which reminds me, I didn't think Yozora would be THAT extremely against revealing skin. I mean it's okay to do so sometimes in proper situations where it's not obnoxious.
Kodaka had juice. Pegasus opened actual wine for himself
Old 2011-12-02, 02:04   Link #18
Brimstone
Banned

Stella: "Don't stare at me so much, I might get pregnant..."
Old 2011-12-02, 02:39   Link #19
Utsuro no Hako

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyberdemon View Post
Kodaka had juice. Pegasus opened actual wine for himself
I'm curious if that was in the novel. I know they had to cut some underage drinking from Haruhi due to Japanese broadcast standards, and the way they emphasized that Kodaka was only drinking juice makes me wonder if it's the same deal here.
Old 2011-12-02, 04:51   Link #20
bakAnki
あやせたんの剣

This episode was great X3

- Pegasus was great, especially on the next week preview part. Can't stop laughing at that.
- Rika, oh Rika. The way you teased Kodaka after he said it just a normal swimsuit. Awesome XD
- Yay at last we got another "universe" again, love that scream.
- I love the slow motion scene where Sena was laughing, blocked by Kodaka's head, and then gasp with surprise look. It'd be great if we can hear Kodaka's inner thought about overwhelming meat XDD
- Couldn't they made it more obvious with Kodaka's name on Yozora's phone?
- Now if Kodaka marry Sena, he'll also get a tsundere father-in-law and a troll female butler
- Can't help made this

Quote:
Originally Posted by Utsuro no Hako
I'm curious if that was in the novel. I know they had to cut some underage drinking from Haruhi due to Japanese broadcast standards, and the way they emphasized that Kodaka was only drinking juice makes me wonder if it's the same deal here.
IIRC Pegasus did gave the wine to Kodaka on the LN. In fact Hayato himself usually made Kodaka drink with him so Kodaka is more immune than Pegasus.