AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Ah! My Goddess

Notices

View Poll Results: AMG Season 2 Episode 1 Rating
Perfect 10 15 31.25%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 12 25.00%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 12 25.00%
7 out of 10 : Good 6 12.50%
6 out of 10 : Average 3 6.25%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 48. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2006-04-09, 21:01   Link #21
AznPmsAvenger

Op/ED

I acctually like the OP and ED songs. Bell playing the bagpipes is kinda funny initially, but it does kinda fit given that the OP for the first season had kinda a celtic theme to it. I also love the manga clippings that make the ending with its song, I think that its nice.

Yup.

Art for the TV show just gets better and better.
Old 2006-04-10, 00:35   Link #22
Souten no Seigyoku
The Anti-Moron

They will give me the age old excuse....err... I mean arguements shikimori. Its free. What more do you want? We have other things to do. Sometimes the slower, lazier subbers tend to use those reasons as an convenient, bulletproof excuse. Its free after all.

People arent stupid. They just keep quiet because if you make a big deal about it, youll get banned from the forum/site/irc. That was your intent wasnt it shikimori? Well I dont want to get banned from the animesuke forums so I wont tell shiki where he can go.
Old 2006-04-10, 01:15   Link #23
Shikimori Kazuki
Angeloid Type β - Nymph

Quote:
Originally Posted by Souten no Seigyoku
They will give me the age old excuse....err... I mean arguements shikimori. Its free. What more do you want? We have other things to do. Sometimes the slower, lazier subbers tend to use those reasons as an convenient, bulletproof excuse. Its free after all.

People arent stupid. They just keep quiet because if you make a big deal about it, youll get banned from the forum/site/irc. That was your intent wasnt it shikimori? Well I dont want to get banned from the animesuke forums so I wont tell shiki where he can go.
what the heck u talking about? im not fussing over that is SLOW, and i dont care, i know fan-sub ppl have a life, do u ever read any of my posts that im making a BIG DEAL out of it. u better get this straight, cuz u r mis-understanding me. I like this series and even if is slow i dont mind. Dont say stuff like im making an attempt to get ban.

AND theres nothing i want , i just want to keep it lively thats all. i dont understand why when someone wants to express him/herself, they get bsed at. i better get an apology here. I dont seem to be doing anything wrong and if i do, tell me so than, u dont have to get all flare up and start bashing ppl that hes gonna get ban for posting something he shouldnt post

Last edited by Shikimori Kazuki; 2006-04-10 at 01:29.
Old 2006-04-10, 05:25   Link #24
Kimura-sensei
Retired AOne Staff

Er, you're bashing on us already for the 1st episode? Relax damn it, any 1st episode of a series requires 4-7 days due to new styling (picking a font design, colors, logos, OP/ED design, etc), finding a decent raw to clean up (all of them are bad), working with some new crewmembers, and so forth.

Gawd, ungrateful leechers... if you bitch that much, you go try making a high quality fansub in a timely manner. And for the record, yeah, I'm pissed. I'm coming out of retirement for this project and I gotta deal with this crap.
Old 2006-04-10, 07:11   Link #25
xris
Just call me Ojisan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Souten no Seigyoku

First of all, please read the first post of this thread, especially the requests to be polite to your fellow forum members and to keep the discussion on topic. Perhaps we should add that you shouldn't whinge and whine that the episode hasn't been fansubbed as fast as you want but then we do have a sticky posted in the Fansub forum which covers that.

Do NOT ask when the next episode will be released!

Certainly the attitude you are taking is going to get you banned from AnimeSuki for just being plain annoying. This thread is for the discussion of the anime series Ah! My Goddess, the story, please keep on-topic and stop complaining. And if you do want to reply to my post I suggest you send a PM and not post about it here.

Any further off-topic discussion is going to be deleted.
Old 2006-04-10, 19:31   Link #26
DwArD
mAnIaC

Huh? What's with the bashing thing? Relax folks. We gotta be grateful to our fellow fansubbers. I'm cool as long as there's a fansub group willing to sub this anime.

Now back to topic. I love the new OP and ED too. Aww...no matter how many times I look at it, Keiichi and Belldandy still makes the best couple afterall. Keiichi and Belldandy managed to remake the contract right? I'm pretty worried about what will happen to Belldandy or Keiichi without the Ultimate Force 'protecting' them. I miss Skuld and Urd too. Good to see them arguing right at the start of the episode.
Old 2006-04-10, 20:57   Link #27
Kimura-sensei
Retired AOne Staff

Dward: Best couple? I dunno... I'm starting to get tired waiting after years in the manga to see if they even get to 1st base officially. I'm more partial to Kaoru and Aoi from Ai Yori Aoshi, at least they made it all the way. But... I'll concede that K1 and Bell still makes a nice cute couple.
Old 2006-04-11, 06:00   Link #28
Akuma-sama
Purr, good kitty...

I say Urd should lock them together in the same room and seal the door with a spell that can only be broken by a non-virgin...
Old 2006-04-11, 22:05   Link #29
Kimura-sensei
Retired AOne Staff

Ok folks, AMG Season 2 Episode 1 full screen is out. Enjoy.
Old 2006-04-11, 22:09   Link #30
Catgirls
I am mowing clowns

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimura-sensei
Thank you very much for your hard work. Cheers.

Last edited by Catgirls; 2006-04-11 at 22:57.
Old 2006-04-11, 22:10   Link #31
Shikimori Kazuki
Angeloid Type β - Nymph

Quote:
YEA!! Thank you along with the fansub groups, Gonbatte ^^.
Old 2006-04-11, 22:56   Link #32
Daniel E.
AniMexican!

Quote:
God, I wont be able to see this until tomorrow!

Anyway, thanks for the hard work.
Old 2006-04-12, 00:52   Link #33
Shikimori Kazuki
Angeloid Type β - Nymph

Watched ep.1. GREAT START!!!It is a fresh start to see the 4 characters coming back in and. alive of course lolz.
Good to hear that Belldandy + Keiichi's relationship will be continuing, thank goodness to Urd+Lind for helping out with that audio hehe. Is pretty funny on Keiichi's attempts to say the password in front of the Goddesses xD. I am looking forward towards both Urd and Skuld's developement, not only Belldandy+Keiichi but other characters as well such as Lind perhaps?

The opening scenery is nice, but compare to the season 1 i would prefer season 1 opening over season 2 opening, base on song not scnery. The ending is awesome, shows some of the manga pictures from the manga. Now im so tempted to start the manga (just gotta wait till next week!!)

Q1. Do you guys notice or is it just me? that at end when Belldandy hugs Keiichi, her hair is gray or is it brown? of course she didnt released her seal but from looks of it......i see is gray. What you guys reckon?

check it out:
Old 2006-04-12, 04:52   Link #34
SonicMonkey

Well its a good thing I am already a fan of this series because I dont think the first episode of this season was very strong. For starters:

1) The OP song is really poor compared to the first seasons. This must be a thing this year for second seasons because School Rumble's OP is equally as boring.

2) For a premiere episode it didn't really get going until about 7-9 minutes in. I really felt like the first third of the show was just plain boring.

3) The pacing felt a little off to me as well, it was plodding during the first half, then started to pick up and blam: 2 minute non exciting resolution.

I honestly think this series is the best when it sticks closest to the source material, but maybe with a few varations to fit the medium (TV) better. After last season ending with the "terrible master urd" story arc it feels odd that they didn't do the "trials of morisato" arc - maybe it was released on the dvd box set and thats why they didn't lead off with it? If that was the case it sort of seems like a bad call to me.

Anyway, atleast the next episode looks promising because Sayoko is in it

EDIT:

Ok so i went back and looked and sure as shit the 2 episodes that were released on the DVD set cover the "trials of morisato" arc I was wondering why they went right from "terrible master urd" to "the queen of vengeance" and I guess thats the reason. Still the first episode was mostly filler, which I have to say it isn't always bad - but probably not how I like to see the first episode of a new season go down.

Also does anyone have any idea how many episodes they are going to do or how far they are going to get into the manga? It seems almost incomprehensible that they would do a second season without the urd devil arc, but it would be kind of funny if they ended season 2 more or less with the same crisis that they ended season 1 with ^_^

Last edited by SonicMonkey; 2006-04-12 at 08:18.
Old 2006-04-12, 08:44   Link #35
Kimura-sensei
Retired AOne Staff

Thx all.

I agreed at first, but once you watch the OP so many times, Season 2 OP actually is nice. Has that nice warm upbeat feeling to it. Alas, I still prefer OP 1 over OP 2.

SonicMonkey: Yeah, what's up with this year? School Rumble 2 OP is horrible. Shall we make a fanOP and splice it in? =)
Old 2006-04-12, 10:39   Link #36
Js2756
Thread Killer

First episode was ok. For the most part, it was pretty run of the mill AMG stuff. Good things are hinted to come (Peorth FINALLY, WHOO!), but the writers copped out again. They did a bit of a rewrite of Belldandy and Keiichi's first kiss from chapter 11 of the manga, just without the kiss. This is almost as bad as the OAV opening where that actual scene from the manga is animated in the opening, but moves to another scene right before they kiss. For the love of god, just have them kiss and get it over with.

When I saw the title of this episode and saw Peorth in the first few seconds of the show, I honestly thought they were going to do the fourth goddess arc from the manga (which imo would have been better), but I guess I'll have to wait.

Thanks to AOne and AYuki for subbing this, good job as usual.
Old 2006-04-12, 11:14   Link #37
Daniel E.
AniMexican!

Guess I am among the few that actually liked the new intro song.

Seriously, I think is much better than the first one. The ED song was also pretty decent.

As a hardcore manga reader, I was pleasently surprised by this episode; They actually trew in a few interesting details (K-1's chat with God, Belldandy's new job, etc. ). This has been by far, IMHO, the best first episode of this new season.

8/10
Old 2006-04-12, 11:25   Link #38
philip72

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akuma-sama
I say Urd should lock them together in the same room and seal the door with a spell that can only be broken by a non-virgin...
LOL, thanks alot.
I was pretending to pay attention to one of my guys when I read this. He was babbling on about a customer service issue that we are having, when I laughed and coffee came out of my nose. Now I either have to admit I wasn't paying attention to his grievance or that I thought the problem was funny.
Jerk

Oh yeah, I loved the new intro, it's unique and different. The animation quality seems to have gone up a few notches too.
Old 2006-04-12, 16:37   Link #39
Shikimori Kazuki
Angeloid Type β - Nymph

i dont get it, why would a contract needs to be reformed again between Belldandy+Keiichi? so in order to live in the human world, one needs to have a contract with a person in the human world in order live there? than...what about Skuld or Urd?!??!?! they dont have a contract there, yet they can still in the human world -_-.
Old 2006-04-12, 17:00   Link #40
aliensporebomb

Send a message via AIM to aliensporebomb Send a message via Yahoo to aliensporebomb
Okay, here we go:

Spoiler:

THAT being said, I eagerly await the next episode. I'm hoping we
see Skuld grow up a little and rely less on Banpei-kun for humorous
effects (maybe she'll even find an earth-based boyfriend?) or some
of the other characters develop a little.

Phew! That's all, I've said my peace.
Closed Thread