Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2004-05-14, 22:39   Link #1
Slade
Coordinated Insanity

Send a message via AIM to Slade
Devil May Cry 3

Devil May Cry... well, I almost did when I saw this amazing trailer.

http://www.gametrailers.com/gt_vault..._e3_2k4_gi.wmv
(right click and save)
*credit goes to gametrailers.com for the trailer*

Devil May Cry 1 was alot of fun, it had enough story and plot for me to have a reason to beat the game. When I beat it, even with the horrible voice acting I thought it was a terrific game with alot of style.

Devil May Cry 2. Good action, stylish. No story. No character development... rather crappy overall because of the lack of story. A big disappointment because the first one had set the bar pretty high.

Devil May Cry 3 is suppose to be a prequel where Dante is just starting to realize the extent of his powers and his brother(yes, he has a brother) goes semi-insane from the changes around him as himself. Looks like a big face off between the half-demon siblings is inevitable. The gameplay has evolved quite a bit as there are many different styles you can play the game and further your ability(gunsliger, hand to hand, swordsman, and acrobatic). There might even be more when the game comes out.

Watching the trailer and reading about it bumped up Devil May Cry 3 to a place in my top 5 most wanted games of E3. What do you think?
Slade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-15, 00:29   Link #2
Tommy
Mr. Prince

I loved Devil May Cry but I thought DMC 2 sucked balls. DMC 3 looks awesome but after one of the biggest let downs ever with DMC 2, I can't really trust DMC 3 until I play it.
Tommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-15, 11:32   Link #3
Slade
Coordinated Insanity

Send a message via AIM to Slade
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tommy
I loved Devil May Cry but I thought DMC 2 sucked balls. DMC 3 looks awesome but after one of the biggest let downs ever with DMC 2, I can't really trust DMC 3 until I play it.

I know exactly what you mean but DMC 2 wasn't created by the people that made DMC 1. Also according to Capcom, they've gotten so many complaints and feedback from the letdown DMC 2, and claim they've fixed all the problems and made many improvements.

Looking at the trailer I can see there's been alot of work done in alot of aspects and I'm really anticipating on seeing how they've learned from their mistakes.
Slade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-15, 22:16   Link #4
I)ark-I)eath
EnI)eR I)ark I)eath

Devil May Cry is my 2nd favourite action game(Zone Of The Enders is first...why didnt they announce ZOE 3 XD )

Devil may cry 1, dante had a cool voice...trish was just craptacular..and at least dante was active in voicing
Devil may cry 2: how many sentences did dante say? like 3? he was so quiet...the only smart remark was when he shot that guy off the window...thats all...the rest were stupidy sentences..like "you know me?" and crap like that....it even felt like HE was bored slashing these monsters and talking...he sounded dead..

DMC3...at least its announced..now i wait...they better not fuck it up like dmc2...
I)ark-I)eath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-15, 23:50   Link #5
SPINAL-BRAIN
May be a Senior Member

It looks cool so far...I have both DMC 1 & 2. Was disappointed by the easy boss battle and the level desigh of the DMC 2 though. Let's see how they do on this one. Seems ok to me but like Tommy says you cannot tell anything until you play the game. I admire Capcome, so they don't disappoint me that much. By the way, anyone knows what is the name of the band that song was played during this demo? It sounds familiar!
SPINAL-BRAIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-16, 09:44   Link #6
cercia_highelf
Virtue

Anything with Dante is fine by me :> I really enjoyed this series.
cercia_highelf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-16, 11:52   Link #7
DNE
Kyo!

yea i saw the trailer and was like woo, ive completed 1st and 2nd, but 1st is wayyy better than the 2nd, the 2nd game physics is ermm, i duno, fake? its weird ...
DNE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-16, 14:25   Link #8
Strider_Lee
shinobi

Quote:
Originally Posted by cercia_highelf
Then I guess you'll be getting Viewtiful Joe 2 for the PS2 this coming winter since Dante will be in that too (Sweeeeeeet)

The trailer seems to show some promise for DMC3, but hopefully the game creators will make this one more fulfilling like the 1st since the 2nd was a little lacking.
Strider_Lee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-16, 14:33   Link #9
a_nevels666

Quote:
Originally Posted by cercia_highelf
You know: Shin Megami Tensei 3 (an RPG) also has Dante in it. Not as a main character though. (I think)

http://www.gamespot.com/ps2/rpg/shin...s.html?page=66

The game will be out in english in August.
a_nevels666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-16, 19:50   Link #10
DNE
Kyo!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strider_Lee
Then I guess you'll be getting Viewtiful Joe 2 for the PS2 this coming winter since Dante will be in that too (Sweeeeeeet)

The trailer seems to show some promise for DMC3, but hopefully the game creators will make this one more fulfilling like the 1st since the 2nd was a little lacking.

k, nvm

lol!!

http://www.gamespot.com/ps2/action/v...ex.html?page=2
DNE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-23, 19:04   Link #11
uberl33tjarad

if anyone wants the song, get it from me here

click here to download song
uberl33tjarad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-23, 19:42   Link #12
wnkryo
HainShodan

Devil may cry 3 looks fucken awsome! I would rebuy a playstation2 just to play this game @_@
wnkryo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-24, 01:28   Link #13
Hayato20XX
On the River Reality

Location: Somewhere, Someplace, Waiting for something to happen...
Send a message via ICQ to Hayato20XX
I have hope for DMC3, especially since it seems like honest to god attempt to tell a great story, unlike DMC2 which was nothing more than filler. I personally can't wait for it -along with Shin Megami Tensei: Nocturne, and Viewtiful Joe 2, which both has the demon slaying jackass- It's like the team of the first is saying to the team that made the second: "Bite ME" though they could be just saying it to themselves... I'm not sure if it was another team for DMC2.
Hayato20XX is offline   Reply With Quote