AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Umineko

Notices

Old 2009-05-12, 17:21   Link #1501
777chris777

I'm not sure about the chinese umineko site, I've seen it posted on one of the umineko threads on this site quite a while ago I think, as I'm pretty sure I went there from a link once. Couldn't say for certain though.

As for installing umineko, if it's an official cd and if it's on windows xp with a japanese locale setting that shouldn't happen. I'm not sure about how it would go on vista as I got rid of it a while ago but I do remember that the popup warning thing you have set up on vista by default (which says something like: program.exe wants to do something, will you allow it yes/no) actually blocked alot of stuff from actually opening at all. You can disable it in the control panel somewhere but since I no longer have vista installed I can't remember where.

Either way, if you let people know your operating system etc I'm sure someone could help.
777chris777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-13, 10:20   Link #1502
SpaceBrotha
Wild card

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rena Ryuuguu View Post
-sighs- I don't know anymore what to do, I tried to instal Umineko EP4 over repeated times, but it always stops to instal by the umineko.exe and freezes . I'm annoyed . because I played all the other games, and now I want to play ep 4 with the eng. patch but I can't even instal EP 4 ,_,
just install it following the mac installation guide: Create some folder for the game on your hdd. Copy all folders from the umineko dvd to the folder you created, and then move the contents of the fullsrc folder up one level, into the folder you just created, and you're done.

@Sonozaki Futagotachi: i noticed that even when running your version with applocale, i couldn't hear the music at the start of ep 1 tea party. So no matter wether or not i use applocale, i can't hear that piece. Then there's the maria-reads-letter music, which i can't hear without using applocale...
...weird stuff.
Sayings and quotes hold wisdom in them. Either the wisdom is found in the correctness of the quote, or in the lesson learned from the error.
Hard part is figuring out who's making the errors...
SpaceBrotha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-13, 20:15   Link #1503
Sonozaki Futagotachi
Translation Group

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpaceBrotha View Post
@Sonozaki Futagotachi: i noticed that even when running your version with applocale, i couldn't hear the music at the start of ep 1 tea party. So no matter wether or not i use applocale, i can't hear that piece. Then there's the maria-reads-letter music, which i can't hear without using applocale...
...weird stuff.
Ok, the ep1 tea party music seems to be a general bug, I replicated it; it's a sound volume setting thing that I must've broken in that last release ^^;

Mion (Sonozaki Futago-tachi)
Old 2009-05-13, 21:06   Link #1504
meh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitsu View Post
I know it's impolite to ask...especially in the english translation thread
But a Chinese friend of mine wanted to play Umineko, but since her english sucks use the Chinese patch. But me and her a unable to find it so does anyone know where to get the Chinese one?
Simplified version
http://bbs.acg7.com/viewthread.php?t...extra=page%3D1

Traditional version

This is the patch up to episode 3. The Chinese Episode 4 translation is 85% done.
meh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-14, 00:13   Link #1505
Sonozaki Futagotachi
Translation Group

Okay, try this onscripter-en: http://www.sendspace.com/file/wivu0p

Let me know how it works, I have hope it might fix the Vista problem as well as the EP1 hidden tea party music bug.

Thanks,
Old 2009-05-14, 13:16   Link #1506
SpaceBrotha
Wild card

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonozaki Futagotachi View Post

Let me know how it works, I have hope it might fix the Vista problem as well as the EP1 hidden tea party music bug.

Thanks,
Right, still complaining about missing files at start up. Maria-reads-letter fixed, so is tea party 1. after a quick play around, i found that the music that plays
Spoiler for Ep3:

doesn't play, the file name is: 踊る煙官.ogg
Works just fine with applocale.
Sayings and quotes hold wisdom in them. Either the wisdom is found in the correctness of the quote, or in the lesson learned from the error.
Hard part is figuring out who's making the errors...
SpaceBrotha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-14, 13:37   Link #1507
Kitsu
The unlucky one

Quote:
Originally Posted by meh View Post
Simplified version

Traditional version

This is the patch up to episode 3. The Chinese Episode 4 translation is 85% done.
Thank you!
Old 2009-05-14, 14:44   Link #1508
Elu-xuzhet

Quote:

Thanks,
Is that ep3 or ep4?
Old 2009-05-18, 20:53   Link #1509
Ankoku-chan

Send a message via Yahoo to Ankoku-chan
Can someone please tell me the chapter that red text is intoduced in XD? I can't find it
Ankoku-chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-18, 20:57   Link #1510
tcaz2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ankoku-chan View Post
Can someone please tell me the chapter that red text is intoduced in XD? I can't find it
Spoiler for Chapter name:
tcaz2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-18, 22:11   Link #1511
Ankoku-chan

Quote:
Originally Posted by tcaz2 View Post
Spoiler for Chapter name:
Ah yes, thank you XD
Old 2009-05-18, 22:18   Link #1512
Ankoku-chan

(Once again, since there's no merchandise thread)

Does anyone but me think that a Beatrice Dollfie Dream would be extremely epic??
Old 2009-05-18, 22:37   Link #1513
Sonozaki Futagotachi
Translation Group

Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpaceBrotha View Post
Right, still complaining about missing files at start up. Maria-reads-letter fixed, so is tea party 1. after a quick play around, i found that the music that plays
doesn't play, the file name is: 踊る煙官.ogg
Works just fine with applocale.
Hmm. I'm still puzzled by this, so: here's a questionnaire for those of you who run Vista and have tried out the most recent onscripter-en.exe program (http://www.sendspace.com/file/wivu0p), running in non-Japanese locale.

1) Were you able to run it on Umineko okay, even when not using applocale?

2) Do you have administrative privileges on your Vista computer?

Based on some searches, I'm beginning to suspect Vista doesn't like programs that try to use Unicode-based functions to open files, if the user does not have admin permissions. So, I'd like to know if it ever works on Vista.

Thanks for your help!
Old 2009-05-19, 00:22   Link #1514
Ikth7

Quote:
Hmm. I'm still puzzled by this, so: here's a questionnaire for those of you who run Vista and have tried out the most recent onscripter-en.exe program (http://www.sendspace.com/file/wivu0p), running in non-Japanese locale.

1) Were you able to run it on Umineko okay, even when not using applocale?

2) Do you have administrative privileges on your Vista computer?

Based on some searches, I'm beginning to suspect Vista doesn't like programs that try to use Unicode-based functions to open files, if the user does not have admin permissions. So, I'd like to know if it ever works on Vista.

Thanks for your help!
I'm kinda jumping in the middle of this but I have Vista and it works fine. I'll try to explain what I did. I found the instructions for this on some guys blog and I can't find it anymore. Basically what he said is that Vista sorta has applocale built in, you just have to know where to look. Go to the control panel>Clock Language and Region>Regional and Language options>the administrative tab> then hit change system locale and tell it japanese. Works fine for me, and I can easily switch it back to english although it seems to run english stuff fine, so I haven't bothed to change it back yet.
Ikth7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-19, 21:18   Link #1515
Goose Boy
Happiness witch´s followe

My curiosity is killing me. Im sorry if this annoys you. How´s the proyect going?
Goose Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-19, 22:09   Link #1516
tcaz2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goose Boy View Post
My curiosity is killing me. Im sorry if this annoys you. How´s the proyect going?
It's on hold until June because Chronotrig has finals.
tcaz2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-20, 01:23   Link #1517
Bearpigman
kind of a bear..pig..man

Send a message via AIM to Bearpigman
Hey everyone
After telling my friend about the glory that is umineko, he tried to install it on his mac (osx 10.4.11) and ran into a problem. We followed the instructions on the main page (copy the disc, bump up fullsrc folder) and though it runs fine, and the sound on the menu screen works fine, as soon as the game itself begins (Nanjo and Kinzo talking in Kinzo's study) the sound becomes blaring static. Is there anything that he is missing or should have? Thank you very much!
Bearpigman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-24, 13:11   Link #1518
chronotrig

As the head translator of the Witch Hunt, I must apologize for some things said that were not correct.

As some of you may know, the end of the first EP4 patch had a screen saying that the 2nd of 3 patches would be coming out soon.

I'm sorry to say that, due to recent changes in my schedule, such a patch will not be released soon, or indeed ever.
I sincerely apologize to everyone who was looking forward to this.

Again, the second of three patches will not be released by this team...

Spoiler for minor details, no spoilers:
chronotrig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-24, 13:23   Link #1519
Orophin

chronotrig, I hate you so much right now.

Spoiler for ?:
Orophin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-24, 13:28   Link #1520
Kitsu
The unlucky one

Spoiler for minor details:

Tags
translation