Old 2009-10-03, 18:19   Link #201
Envy
Band Nerd ♥
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicepace View Post
^oh...no it would definetly kill him...
Yes.

Sanji is way better off where he landed. The worst case scenario is ending up in a dress. Maybe he wouldn't like it, but it's better than being killed!

“The only thing that will stop you from fulfilling your dreams is you.”
Envy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-03, 22:27   Link #202
SilverSyko
Okuyasu the Bird

What to say about the new episode...

Well the intro was yet again another Luffy and Hancock moment. Her reaction to hearing about Nami and Robin from him was hilarious. xD

Robin's part is significantly longer than the other strawhats' so far, almost lasting the entire episode. It's more emotional than some of the other strawhat's parts if not the most. I gotta say though that Soran girl has to be the most freaking cute loli I've seen in One Piece.

Usopp's part was pushed to a short 4 minutes but that's all that's really needed for a good laugh before the episode concludes...cause that's all it really is...crazy slapstick humor. =p

One more filler episode next week.~
Old 2009-10-03, 22:55   Link #203
mageormike
Resident Gaijin

I agree completely. Of course Robin gets to have to most serious and dramatic of all the side plots ^_^;;

Hercleston or whatever his name is is my new hero. Seriously, he and Sogeking need to team up and fight crime or something XD
Old 2009-10-04, 01:42   Link #204
velocd
Witcher, with tenure

The scene with the spear and Heracles entrance was awesome. I wish Usopp's story was the longer of the two in this episode.

Is it just me or did they draw Robin a lot more.. endowed this episode? :P
(could just be me, we haven't seen her animated in awhile)
velocd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-04, 06:35   Link #205
andy

Not bad ep, boa part with nami and robin was funny as hell.
andy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-04, 06:39   Link #206
Wolcik

Send a message via MSN to Wolcik
This episode was well animated overally - better than some of Amazon Lily's.

Robin's episode was too long for me since everything except the last scene with menager wasn't in the manga - but so did Franky's operation and It was very funny
I was thinking that Zoro would get the remaining minutes as I don't see how they can strech his landing except for one or two joke.
Old 2009-10-04, 10:32   Link #207
Tommy
Mr. Prince

Robin's side story had the easiest base to expand upon from a writers point of view so I can see why she had the longest story thus far. It was decent, so I didn't mind it. Usopp's was hilarious as expected.
Tommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-04, 12:55   Link #208
rpy1991

Way too much screen time for Robin. I'm surprised she gave up so quickly against the officers.

Can't wait til Zoro's ep.
Old 2009-10-04, 13:18   Link #209
karumofin

i loved robins story, all other stories so far felt kind of hollow but this one worked very well.
karumofin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-04, 23:25   Link #210
Rainbowman

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverSyko View Post
What to say about the new episode...

Well the intro was yet again another Luffy and Hancock moment. Her reaction to hearing about Nami and Robin from him was hilarious. xD
What kind of reaction did she have?
Rainbowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-04, 23:28   Link #211
SilverSyko
Okuyasu the Bird

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rainbowman View Post
What kind of reaction did she have?
One of shock obviously, and then fantasized about Luffy leaving her while holding Nami and Robin. =p

Then the usual "I won't lose!" quote.
Old 2009-10-04, 23:33   Link #212
rajin
Banned

Yeah it really looks hilarious

even in manga every time luffy said her name

she becomes too much like a doll
rajin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-04, 23:38   Link #213
Rainbowman

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverSyko View Post
One of shock obviously, and then fantasized about Luffy leaving her while holding Nami and Robin. =p

Then the usual "I won't lose!" quote.
Quote:
Originally Posted by rajin View Post
Yeah it really looks hilarious

even in manga every time luffy said her name

she becomes too much like a doll
This proves that Hancock is a threat not only to Nami and Robin but also to us Nami fans as well as certain Robin fans. < *cat growls*
Old 2009-10-05, 01:50   Link #214
Freya

Send a message via AIM to Freya
Aha had to lol @ Hancock getting jealous lol.

The whole Usopp part was hilarious.
Old 2009-10-05, 15:46   Link #215
Wolcik

Send a message via MSN to Wolcik
I skipped a big chunk of Robin's story to be truth - I liked the Navalon 8 filler (or whatever that base was called), but seeing only the least emotional character for so long... Robin is funny because she points out the gross and scary stuff with a straight face and she also does that to funny stuff.
Old 2009-10-09, 01:05   Link #216
Petbe
Wingless Angel

Wow, Robin's side story was really.. depressing. I mean, they really made it feel like a time much like the Industrial Revolution. When she closed her eyes, the sound, images, all flashing gave this feeling of almost depressing and empty feeling. The animation was also quite different, reminded me of some of the OP movies. Has an interesting unique feeling (in comparison to the other side stories) and works well with the industrialized story.

Usopp's side story was very necessary and very funny. They did a good job incorporating his emotions and feelings in such an outward manner. OP is quite good at that and has been doing a fine job of it for some time, Chopper is probably one of the most outward emotional characters in the crew and always did a fine job with him. I did not mind it being relatively short, it sorta made you appreciate it more. It did not feel like it would get old and it left you wanting more. Also, that note + spear part was amazing (and looked so painful!).

The beginning bit with Luffy was probably the most boring bit to me. It just does not seem necessary to me. I was expecting there to be more of a dialogue if they were to talk about the crew but it did not occur. The animation of her is bugging me quite a bit, not sure why. I think I would have been just happy if the time was taken away from that minor bit and added to either Usopp or Robin.

Overall I like 420. I get a sense that thins are going to be quite slow since (not sure if it will happen) but they will have to expand and finish each side story, and that will probably take some time.
Old 2009-10-10, 03:23   Link #217
FoxxFireArt

Send a message via Yahoo to FoxxFireArt
Watching Nami's story was pretty good and I think it gave us a hint at how those knots may be used in the future. Since the crew had their first great overall defeat. You know they will be working on improving themselves. Though it's surprising that Nami wouldn't figure out she's on a Sky Island after the clouds on the bed and shower.
We won't get to see Nami again until, most likely, in the Impel Down scene and Bon Clay is impersonating Nami.

Franky seems to of wound up on the island of Vegapunk, the PX series creators. Odds are Franky will find something in his old research lab.

Watching Sanji's was almost sadistic for me. That build up to what anyone who read the manga version knew was going to be horrible.

Watching Boa fantasize about Luffy is funny as hell. I knew someting was going to happen when he mentioned Nami and Robin.

Robin's tale sure was given a lot of time. Pretty depressing as well. It's also a little annoying since it will probably be a while until we get any answers on this. Those opening splash pages don't cover much.
Old 2009-10-10, 16:24   Link #218
Rainbowman

Quote:
Originally Posted by FoxxFireArt View Post
Watching Boa fantasize about Luffy is funny as hell. I knew someting was going to happen when he mentioned Nami and Robin.
I'm sure Boa Hancock's reaction to Nami and Robin was rather funny. However I have a bad feeling about her thoughts on them.
Old 2009-10-10, 22:47   Link #219
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Catching up in the last few episodes and damn Sanji had a rough time. It figures he'd end up on an island of women that is lacking actual women . He may be safer there than on the island Luffy landed on but the psychological trauma may never leave..... But considering what happened against the CP9 he really would have let the women on Amazon Lily kill him.

Chopper is just in a sad place. I'm guessing he'll need to get those birds to help him get back to the others. If he's actually on an island in South Blue it'd take forever to catch up by any other method.

But yeah Robin is in one of the more serious situations here. I'm surprised she just stopped. Considering the level of those against her she probably could have taken them out for quite a while. Maybe wanted some more informaiton before she took out the people controlling those workers. Definitely a place Robin would have an emotional connection to with some being innocent people just picked up because their homelands didn't want to join the world government.

Definitely looking forward to Zoro's episode. The big thing for him is recovering from all the damage he's sustained. He can't move forward if what happened the first time he went against Kuma is still having an effect on his body.
Old 2009-10-11, 00:18   Link #220
SilverSyko
Okuyasu the Bird

So the last episode of the filler arc is over, and it was quite satisfying. =p

More Hancock fantisizing to begin with, this time continuing her reaction about Nami and Robin.

Perona practiclly MADE Zoro's part, and dressing him up as Kumacy and using her ghosts to make him follow her whim was very funny. =p

Brook's part was a little short and simple, but they did a good job of making Brook look like some evil demonic summoning of black magic, and then blow it up in your face with his "may I see your panties" line. xD

Impel Down arc begins next episode!