AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2011-06-03, 17:00   Link #1161
azziz

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeKeR View Post
I think v8's last is the signal point where kinji caught her in a maid outfit (Riko, I want to give you a high five right now)
beside,in vol.10,in order to rescue his harem,he'll have no choice but to call jeanne and ask her to let him kiss her in order to enter hss,right?
i'm looking forward to it.
azziz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-03, 21:35   Link #1162
ZeKeR
Superbad

Quote:
Originally Posted by azziz View Post
beside,in vol.10,in order to rescue his harem,he'll have no choice but to call jeanne and ask her to let him kiss her in order to enter hss,right?
i'm looking forward to it.
THAT I'm waiting to happen... but some fans will prolly raeg hard... probably..
Old 2011-06-04, 00:39   Link #1163
HuNGaricum

aww god. Please use goddamn spoilers(although these are really good news)
HuNGaricum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-04, 09:23   Link #1164
Icy.Tear
二人は独自の世界を展開

...That's mostly conjecture.

Akamatsu-sensei really goes hardcore on trying to use other languages...

このときに、この二人は独自の世界を展開・・・
Icy.Tear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-04, 09:27   Link #1165
Athena
The Power of One

Quote:
Originally Posted by YoakeNoHikari View Post
...That's mostly conjecture.

Akamatsu-sensei really goes hardcore on trying to use other languages...
Wonder what would be the next one...
Old 2011-06-04, 10:23   Link #1166
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
Originally Posted by HuNGaricum View Post
aww god. Please use goddamn spoilers(although these are really good news)
What spoilers....

Quote:
Originally Posted by kira0802 View Post
Wonder what would be the next one...
Latin....I'm certain it'll appear sooner or later...
Old 2011-06-04, 10:58   Link #1167
HuNGaricum

Don't you think that this multinational harem is a bit too much for BakaKinji? he'd better start learning...
lil' off: YoakeNoHikari: your avatar and your sig.... beautiful i thought of making something like this earlier, but... i guess i will stare at yours
HuNGaricum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-04, 11:03   Link #1168
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Don't you think that this multinational harem is a bit too much for BakaKinji? he'd better start learning...
One thing I've learned with multinational harem is that everyone can speak Japanese so the guy doesn't have to learn theirs.

Look at IS and Index.
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-04, 11:05   Link #1169
Xero8420
Ashigara's master

Quote:
lil' off: YoakeNoHikari: your avatar and your sig.... beautiful i thought of making something like this earlier, but... i guess i will stare at yours
And sees and realize from his denseness. Well, there's another two other series also has the same multinational harem setting too.

PS: Yeah. That's what I'm talking about. Take a look at IS and Index.

@Hikari
So do I. I feel like I wanna stare at your beautiful set all day along.
By the way, which source did the contributor got it from?
Xero8420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-04, 11:35   Link #1170
MiMi_B

Quote:
Characters: 8.5/10
Probably it's my bad, that i gave it this rating, because i've never liked those kinds of "livinginadreamworld" girls like Shirayuki. IMO she's the character, who kills my interest sometimes...(yeah you can kill me now) and the another point:Reki... I wouldn't say i hate her, but... kinda not my case. The protagonist girl, Aria is the typical tsundere-type, which i don't really need to explain... but my personal favourite of the harem is: Jeanne I'd really want to see more of her in vol7 and above(i think I'll get it=>vol7 cover=JEANNE She is... simply beautiful. the appearance, the attitudes she makes is one of the best i've seen...
Jeanne's my favorite too! She even wears armor, what more can I say.

I don't usually go with a loli girl, especially never a fan of twin tailed hair, but for some reason I find Aria quite likeable, plus she's the great granddaughter of Sherlock Holmes. So she's my second favorite. Riko is also amazing and comes as a very close third.

Like you, I'd say Shirayuki and Reki are not my type of girls. But I find Shirayuki's antics hilarious and can't get enough of it.

Reki's usually cool and I used to like her, but the stuff she did in Vol 6-7 was a major turn-off for me and now she's at the bottom of my list.

Spoiler for Reki in Vol 6-7:
MiMi_B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-04, 11:46   Link #1171
Icy.Tear
二人は独自の世界を展開

Jeanne is already mine, I even declared the date o n the main page of HnA in Baka-Tsuki.

Avatar is from one of the volume scans, sig is from the eye-catch.

Quote:
Because being a sniper she could only provide limited protection
What?

このときに、この二人は独自の世界を展開・・・
Old 2011-06-04, 12:14   Link #1172
endarion88

lol what limited protection? if there was one of the other instead of reki in that battle they'll be dead
endarion88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-04, 12:29   Link #1173
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
Originally Posted by MiMi_B View Post
Jeanne's my favorite too! She even wears armor, what more can I say.

I don't usually go with a loli girl, especially never a fan of twin tailed hair, but for some reason I find Aria quite likeable, plus she's the great granddaughter of Sherlock Holmes. So she's my second favorite. Riko is also amazing and comes as a very close third.

Like you, I'd say Shirayuki and Reki are not my type of girls. But I find Shirayuki's antics hilarious and can't get enough of it.

Reki's usually cool and I used to like her, but the stuff she did in Vol 6-7 was a major turn-off for me and now she's at the bottom of my list.

I'll have Reki as a guard over anyone else of the girls honestly....Sniper only provides limited protection? Maybe if it were a simple marksman but she's an accomplished scout as well. Honestly, what the hell could Aria have done against a sniper attack? Shirayuki maybe could cut the bullets if she reacts in time since she's fast enough to but even then she's sorely limited against an extreme ranged opponent.
Old 2011-06-04, 12:47   Link #1174
endarion88

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmic Eagle View Post
I'll have Reki as a guard over anyone else of the girls honestly....Sniper only provides limited protection? Maybe if it were a simple marksman but she's an accomplished scout as well. Honestly, what the hell could Aria have done against a sniper attack? Shirayuki maybe could cut the bullets if she reacts in time since she's fast enough to but even then she's sorely limited against an extreme ranged opponent.
you should add thet reki is also skilled in using the rifle as bayonet and also not to mention Haimaki! (heck you can say what you want but even if he's a wolf right now he's the one whit more respect of all in my list after what he have done) as for shirayuki she's also weakened right now since her magic is unstable
endarion88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-04, 12:59   Link #1175
ZeKeR
Superbad

Quote:
Originally Posted by endarion88 View Post
you should add thet reki is also skilled in using the rifle as bayonet and also not to mention Haimaki! (heck you can say what you want but even if he's a wolf right now he's the one whit more respect of all in my list after what he have done) as for shirayuki she's also weakened right now since her magic is unstable
all she needs is rest and meditation kinji to take her SLOWLY... but that would mean her power lost (if I can remember in the lulz, a miko needs to be undefiled to continue with the powah) but happiness for her and ultimate RAEG from the Hotogi (I think not tho)

I want a Himiko and Kinji as Kin-san as part of twist plox...
Old 2011-06-04, 13:41   Link #1176
mysterious

Quote:

I know she was just following what the wind told her to do, but still, she did more harm than good to Kinji. She did save his life after all, but whose fault is it in the first place that Kinji was dragged into a life-threatening situations.
This is debatable since it is Kinji who chooses an isolated Hotel to rest. Yet, I understand that he doesnt want to be made fun of by others at his school on the trip. But come on, probably the whole school knows about his situation already.

Quote:
(Koko's target was Reki, and she was aware of it from the beginning) And it really pissed me off how she isolated him from Aria and the gang.
I am pretty sure Reki only tells Aria to stay away from Kinji.

Quote:
It was just selfish and wasn't logical at all in terms of protecting Kinji, which she says she was up to, because being a sniper she could only provide limited protection. She should've know Kinji would be a lot safer sticking with Aria and others.
I would have to disagree. She is the one that most capable of holding her own and protecting others, since she never let her emotion gets the better of her, plus her killing radius. Kinji would have been sent to heaven without knowing it, have Reki not there to protect him from the snipe.

Quote:
Sure she's beautiful and all, but it just bums me why Kinji never got angry at her. I would be pretty pissed if someone forced me to cut ties with my close friends, fiancee or not.
He did get angry at her when she first chases him but he is clam down and now trying to build a relationship with her to escape. Plus, if he can tolerance the selfish, childish and master-like of Aria who never speaks what she wants because of her tsundere, instead using hell storm of bullets to convey her feeling, I pretty sure Reki's action is just minor stuff. Heck, none of the girls around him acts normal if you ask me.

Quote:
I just hope that this was the last of Reki and her nonsense selfishness in the spotlight two whole volumes in a row. Her occasional appearance in various missions with her awesome sniping would be more than enough for me.
Yet, because she is the only female being that behaves selfishly around the protagonist. Well, at least she isnt making Kinji a slave instead a finance. That is a pretty good deal if you ask me.

Last edited by mysterious; 2011-06-04 at 13:55.
mysterious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-04, 14:00   Link #1177
Icy.Tear
二人は独自の世界を展開

Cosmic, I'm adding that bolded words are in Mandarin in the volume notes rather than the chapter notes, so don't use bold for anything except for it, alright?

And, for 「緋緋イロカネ」 and 「璃璃イロカネ」, are we going to fully romanise them as ’Hihiirokane’ and 'Ririirokane', or are we going to translate it like you, with 'Scarlet' and 'Azure' respectively. I'm not sure if there's a pattern with the 'Hi' and the 'Ri', what with them rhyming, so I kept it as 'Hihiirokane'. However. if you prefer translating it as 'Scarlet', I'm fine with that as well. However, I think we should standardise with translating Japanese names like that, so if we're going to translate 'Hihiirokane' as 'Scarlet Irokane', we might as well translate' Hidan' as 'Scarlet Ammo'.

このときに、この二人は独自の世界を展開・・・
Old 2011-06-04, 15:38   Link #1178
Athena
The Power of One

Quote:

Really? It didn't really bother me at all. I bet that by the end of the plot, you can't even count on your both hands' fingers the number of times Kinji gets in danger because of a girl and without getting angry at all. Though I understand that what you said is a bit bitter, I don't want her to just be a side character.

I don't take that event too gloomlily.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
One thing I've learned with multinational harem is that everyone can speak Japanese so the guy doesn't have to learn theirs.

Look at IS and Index.
There are probably others, but you do have a point; in the end, they'll maybe never say any languages other than Japanese except on some occasions.
Old 2011-06-04, 19:13   Link #1179
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
Originally Posted by YoakeNoHikari View Post
Cosmic, I'm adding that bolded words are in Mandarin in the volume notes rather than the chapter notes, so don't use bold for anything except for it, alright?

And, for 「緋緋イロカネ」 and 「璃璃イロカネ」, are we going to fully romanise them as ’Hihiirokane’ and 'Ririirokane', or are we going to translate it like you, with 'Scarlet' and 'Azure' respectively. I'm not sure if there's a pattern with the 'Hi' and the 'Ri', what with them rhyming, so I kept it as 'Hihiirokane'. However. if you prefer translating it as 'Scarlet', I'm fine with that as well. However, I think we should standardise with translating Japanese names like that, so if we're going to translate 'Hihiirokane' as 'Scarlet Irokane', we might as well translate' Hidan' as 'Scarlet Ammo'.
Good point.....The rhyme does suggest a pattern. Maybe we add a list of known Irokane with the clours translated in the translation notes? The main reason why I translated that into English was more because it's less cumbersome for a non-Japanese reader anyway, not for any linguistic or story reason. Perhaps we should also make a note for "ulus;" it simply means nation in Mongol and refers to Mongolia itself. If you agree I can change the azure to ririirokane.

BTW....the "fatally injured"/"致命傷" in the fight with Koko is weird since Reki is well...still alive. Perhaps he's trying to say knocked out of the fight?

Also....whose line is it in your sig?

Last edited by Cosmic Eagle; 2011-06-05 at 00:31.
Cosmic Eagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-04, 20:29   Link #1180
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Amazingly, Akamatsu-sensei gets the cultural background of Reki's people fairly accurately....The Lake Baikal area was Xiongnu territory in ancient times until annexed by Russia. I'm dying to see Reki in Soviet uniform now....

Tags
action, detectives, guns, harem, lolis, mf bunko j, romance, shounen