AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2006-10-28, 00:16   Link #2221
FatPianoBoy
Dansa med oss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yaya-chan View Post
Simoun Drama CD ^__^

Drama CD
This is the one where they all start a company in Tokyo, correct?
Ah, heck - something that farfetched deserves at least one listen if only to try to justify the complete randomness of it.
: Downloads before it gets removed:
FatPianoBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-28, 23:29   Link #2222
Simon
気持ち悪い

For those who collect such things (Conri?), Mandarake have some Simoun genga up for auction (ends 2006-11-02).
Old 2006-10-29, 12:20   Link #2223
FatPianoBoy
Dansa med oss

23 pages for 5,000円
Did I really read that right? There's no way that's right
Old 2006-10-30, 01:15   Link #2224
Conri

Yaya-chan: Thank you for the Drama CD link!

Quote:
Originally Posted by oneplusme View Post
For starters, we all know Rodore's the domme.
Yes, listen to this wise person.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FatPianoBoy View Post
23 pages for 5,000円
Did I really read that right? There's no way that's right
Hehehe; I can always use more confirmation that I'm crazy. I won't mention what has gone into my collection... And I think my collection is rather small compared to many others.

Simon: Thanks for the notice. I had been thinking about trying for this set until the Mandarake auction popped up last Thursday...

Just to show they occasionally end at cheap prices...I still regret missing this Yahoo Japan auction.
===

Time for me to go check out Chachamaru's Simoun (sounds)...
Conri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-30, 11:56   Link #2225
Muddle!

Send a message via AIM to Muddle!
Is anybody else having problems with Simoun-fans episode 17 release? When I played it everything went into high-speed "chipmunk mode" and kind of startled me . All of the other releases worked fine for me so I was just checking to see if anyone knew how I could fix that.

Edit-

Yeah I guess adding info would be a good idea :P

The problem happens as soon as I play the file so thankfully that saves me from the embarassment of having accidently hit the fast forward button (I hope =D). It is the xvid version and I play it using matroska and windows media player. My os is windows xp. I am not sure to sure about all the techinical things but matroska is the codec pack right? I think that is everything.

2nd Edit***

Ah! I managed to remedy the problem now by opening it with media player classic( I forgot I had that installed... =P).

Last edited by Muddle!; 2006-10-30 at 12:53.
Muddle! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-30, 12:08   Link #2226
fignae
floofer. floof.

I'm not the troubleshooter here, but I suggest you edit your post to add relevant information, Muddle.

- Did the problem occur from the very start or in the middle?
- What are your: OS, player, codec packs?
- Which version of the file are you playing, XviD or x264?

And... I hope you didn't click the fast-forward button by mistake.

Darn, OT. But yes, release, yay, and all that.
fignae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-30, 12:55   Link #2227
Conri

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muddle! View Post
Is anybody else having problems with Simoun-fans episode 17 release? When I played it everything went into high-speed "chipmunk mode" and kind of startled me
Chipmunk mode? LOL! That sounds hilarious. How long did you keep watching? Seriously, I hope you figure out the problem or that someone can help. Wish I could, but I'm not too savvy with the codecs and whatnot.

=====

I meant to post these, too: Simoun rilezu (リレイズ), one of a kind, hand-painted post production cels by Office F&O.
http://www.officefao.com/
http://www.officefao.com/sim-yoyaku/index.htm
They've only chosen shots from episode 1 and 2 so far, but hopefully they'll eventually get through most of the show as well as the opening and eyecatches.
Old 2006-10-30, 13:20   Link #2228
Muddle!

Send a message via AIM to Muddle!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Conri View Post
Chipmunk mode? LOL! That sounds hilarious. How long did you keep watching? Seriously, I hope you figure out the problem or that someone can help. Wish I could, but I'm not too savvy with the codecs and whatnot.
It was pretty hilarious, or at least hilarilous enough so that it kept me watching all the way through . I plan to watch it again latter on regular speed now that I know it works normally with media player classic.
Muddle! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-30, 13:49   Link #2229
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

If anyone seriously wants to watch anything in chipmunk mode, in Media Player Classic you can just hit ctrl+up arrow. Of course, I myself discovered this by accident.... But it can be useful for skimming through something. Just remember to hit ctrl+down arrow to return the speed to normal, lol.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-30, 17:47   Link #2230
FatPianoBoy
Dansa med oss

Tokyo no Ri-Maajon!

Yeah, I've started listening to the Simoun Drama CD.
I lol'd much. The voice acting is amazing. The music is back. Neviril still locks herself in rooms. Paraietta still yells at Aaeru. Good times.
Anyone interested in translating this into an English transcript? It shouldn't be hard - I understood most of what was going on in the first track and my Japanese skills aren't anything great.
Old 2006-10-30, 18:49   Link #2231
Simon
気持ち悪い

Quote:
I meant to post these, too: Simoun rilezu (リレイズ), one of a kind, hand-painted post production cels by Office F&O.
http://www.officefao.com/
Aaarghh! Doom! Doom!

I'm against rilezu on principle, but if a good Simoun one turns up on YJ... Half of me says thanks for the link, and the other half is busy thinking up curses and imprecations that are not suitable for this forum

So far I've resisted buying production materials, with the exception of collecting storyboards (14 episodes down, 12 to go). The person who pointed me at the Mandarake genga commented that they look unusually well-drawn, but I've just blown all my spare cash upgrading my PC - and besides, with my obsessive "gotta catch 'em all" approach to collecting, I know if I started buying sketchwork I'd never stop.

Hence my weeping at this latest turn of events. Let's just hope an artbook worthy of the series appears, to satisfy my desire for pretty pictures...
Old 2006-10-30, 20:49   Link #2232
Conri

Muddle! & Kaoru Chujo: I may have to try this Media Player Classic method... Anubituf would make a great chipmunk, hey?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simon View Post
I'm against rilezu on principle, but if a good Simoun one turns up on YJ... Half of me says thanks for the link, and the other half is busy thinking up curses and imprecations that are not suitable for this forum
That's kind of what my reaction was, but I had no one to blame but myself. I'd been checking the site for its Rozen Maiden and Fate/Stay Night rilezu when the Simoun page popped up out of the blue. I don't have anything against rilezu, and many even come with production douga (unfortunately, I'm not sure about Simoun), but I haven't yet come across one that I'd try for (except maybe Shinku from RM sleeping in her suitcase, long gone by the time I found the site). I've resisted so far, but I think it is more a question of "when?"

Quote:
Hence my weeping at this latest turn of events. Let's just hope an artbook worthy of the series appears, to satisfy my desire for pretty pictures...
Well, if you ever change your mind about sketches (and I ever manage to win any), don't be afraid to PM me to ask if I'd be willing to sell a couple sheets. For instance, I'm trying for this current auction for one main reason, and her name starts with an M. If there's one thing this hobby has taught me, it is that I can't have them all, and sharing and trading can help me meet and even befriend some neat people.

So you're the one who's been winning all of those storyboards! I was tempted by #19 and #10, but I only had to remind myself that I don't collect storyboards or settings. Have you gotten any yet with original pen writing? Sounds like you have a great collection going; good luck with the last twelve.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FatPianoBoy View Post
Yeah, I've started listening to the Simoun Drama CD.
I lol'd much. The voice acting is amazing. The music is back. Neviril still locks herself in rooms. Paraietta still yells at Aaeru. Good times.
Anyone interested in translating this into an English transcript?
I hope so...I'd worship anyone who tried. I'm glad you like it a lot; I'm looking forward to giving it a listen.
Old 2006-10-30, 22:23   Link #2233
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

1. I don't expect to actually follow Code Geass for very long, but Koshimizu Ami (Paraietta) and Nazuka Kaori (Yun) have shown up by ep3 with good roles: Amisuke as a rebel girl in the "hero's" school, and Kaorin as his blind and crippled sister.

2. What are "rilezu"? From the Japanese site, I'm gathering that they are reworked cels of some kind. At $200-$400 each, they'd better be really, really nice. And they look it.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.

Last edited by Kaoru Chujo; 2006-10-30 at 22:35.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-31, 00:08   Link #2234
Conri

Quote:
2. What are "rilezu"? From the Japanese site, I'm gathering that they are reworked cels of some kind. At $200-$400 each, they'd better be really, really nice. And they look it.
Rilezu are a spawn of the switch from cels to computer-colored animation. Many cel collectors just aren't interested in production sketches, which aren't colored, hard to find, and often really rough or not the best of shots. So, some studios have emerged that specifically work to create "rilezu" like Madoka and Office F&O. They make a deal with the production studio to use some of the douga (these are the finished sketches that get scanned into the computer for coloration) to create hand-painted post production cels...only one for a single douga, essentially maintaining the "one of a kind" status inherited from production cels.

Depending on the composition of the image chosen (some shots are composed with multiple douga) and the condition of the douga, a merged or new sketch might need to be created before the rilezu process begins. There is never a guarantee that you will receive this production or post production sketch with your rilezu; it is up to the production studio whether they release their sketches. The rilezu come in a nice package, often matted and always with a color copy background and some kind of certificate of authenticity.

Since rilezu are specifically created for sale, they are better quality than production cels. They avoid many of the problems faced by production cels, which were regarded as waste after filming. The better quality lines won't fade (unless you stupidly put the rilezu in direct sunlight) and aren't broken--an effect on many production cels caused by dirty, heavily-used xerox machines. And of course, they never get folded or placed in giant piles.

Unfortunately, if a deal isn't made during or soon after production, a series will never see rilezu created... Studios often burn or otherwise dispose of their sketches. Eventually even the douga will be probably be created on the computer by all studios in the interest of saving time/money/resources, but rilezu will still be able to be made from the computer images.

I hope I sufficiently answered your question. I'm no expert, but I like to think I know a few things. Make sure to differentiate between rilezu and reproduction cels like these or these. Reproduction cels have multiples made...I think either 5 or 10 each in the case of Pierrot, and I don't think there's a limit on KyoAni's.
Old 2006-11-01, 05:08   Link #2235
animes25

Hi guys, I am watching Simoun for second time, this is a show that really shocked me , and it lend me to think in a lot of ways to explain how the tech or culture they use in the anime could be explained in our world, for example the fact that humans are women when they born. in our world only the XY chromosome is what makes men, so maybe this could be because in Simoun world they have 2 suns, and the electromagnetic force, x-rays, ultraviolet rays etc are stronger and that would be dangerous for chromosome cells and it would lend to more mutations as you might know men chromosomes are more weak to mutations, so maybe as they said in Simoun, there was an ancient civilization and this ancient(who seems to have more advanced tech) had to make ppl born only girls to "protect" kids.

I also have so theories about how the Simoun flies and why they can travel over time and all the stuff they can do, I hope to tell you soon my theory

also I bet you did notice that english is not my primary language so I hope you dont get mad at me for my english mistakes
animes25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-01, 08:09   Link #2236
Simon
気持ち悪い

Quote:
So you're the one who's been winning all of those storyboards! I was tempted by #19 and #10, but I only had to remind myself that I don't collect storyboards or settings. Have you gotten any yet with original pen writing? Sounds like you have a great collection going; good luck with the last twelve.
Thanks! The ones that've shipped so far have all been copies, although most have the Studio DEEN Red Non-disclosure Stamp of Doom on them so they feel sort of real... One that's still to come was shown with a colour illustration on the cover, so either it's a fake or it's a bit special compared to the rest. Mind you I'm mostly buying them for the content, to see what the animators were working off for each episode, so picking up an original would just be a very nice bonus.

And thanks too for the offer re sketchwork - I'll keep it in mind for the future...

Quote:
Originally Posted by animes25 View Post
also I bet you did notice that english is not my primary language so I hope you dont get mad at me for my english mistakes
Not at all! Any fan of Simoun is most welcome here
Old 2006-11-01, 13:37   Link #2237
Matrim
Naysayer?Fanboy?Wiseacre?

Quote:
so maybe this could be because in Simoun world they have 2 suns
Wouldn't it have been weird for us, the viewers, to not notice if there were two suns (please, don't tell me there actually are two suns, yet I have failed to notice this little detail)? I am no bilogist but why should we talk about a stronger mutation - we could just say the process of evolution was different, not more dramatic or quicker, jsut different. Also the probability that the inhabitants of the Simoun world (I keep on forgetting its name) have come to this planet from somewhere and/or have achieved this sex-choice at 17 thing via genetic engineering should not be overlooked.

Quote:
I also have so theories about how the Simoun flies and why they can travel over time and all the stuff they can do, I hope to tell you soon my theory
Do so, we have to get at least to 2500 posts mark in this thread. And a lot of people on these boards, myself included, don't have English as a mother tongue, so this is certainly not a reason to refrain from posting.

Matrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-01, 15:48   Link #2238
FatPianoBoy
Dansa med oss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matrim View Post
Wouldn't it have been weird for us, the viewers, to not notice if there were two suns (please, don't tell me there actually are two suns, yet I have failed to notice this little detail)? I am no bilogist but why should we talk about a stronger mutation - we could just say the process of evolution was different, not more dramatic or quicker, jsut different. Also the probability that the inhabitants of the Simoun world (I keep on forgetting its name) have come to this planet from somewhere and/or have achieved this -choice at 17 thing via genetic engineering should not be overlooked.
Uh... yeah, there are two suns. Pretty sure you're just kidding about not noticing them, though. I think

As for the origins of Simoun's unique gender arragement: Maybe it was something similar to Geneshaft in which society decided that men were a problem. However, so that children could still be created naturally (otherwise, a tragic loss of their technology would spell extinction), they designed the DNA to be altered by The Spring at some point. However, this "blank" DNA configuration is (and would likely be, in reality) somewhat unstable, so failing to finalize (and stabilize) it eventually resulted in the DNA breaking down.
Also, going with the 'end of war' idea, the Simoun, the main tool of war, were limited to only be piloted by those who had not selected a gender, severely limiting their usefulness. It's possible that they also had another more benevolent use, and that's why they weren't destroyed all together.
Of course, this original civilization eventually declined and fell, eventually evolving into what we see in the series.
Old 2006-11-01, 15:57   Link #2239
hitokirigirl
Japanestyle

Yay, time for daily bitching
Completely off topic, but I guess that mostly guys watch that yuri anime ? the number of replies to this thread makes me shiver....Why the heck anime studios don't animate yaoi (gay) stuff ? Yaoi manga are flourishing way more than yuri stuff, and yet, rare OAVs are released...

Damn, more women should work in animation business !!!!!
hitokirigirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-01, 16:04   Link #2240
Matrim
Naysayer?Fanboy?Wiseacre?

Quote:
Uh... yeah, there are two suns. Pretty sure you're just kidding about not noticing them, though. I thin
Seriously, I am not kidding, I don't recall noticing such a thing. Just now I tried to see it in but couln't see two suns in the few episodes I tried. It's weird to miss such a thing but I do these things
Kind of weird for them to have a day-night cycle which seems to be pretty much like our own then.

Quote:
Why the heck anime studios don't animate yaoi (gay) stuff ? Yaoi manga are flourishing way more than yuri stuff, and yet, rare OAVs are released...
Stop whining, at least you yaoi fans seems to have a lot of manga to choose from. And the yuri animes from the last few years that are actually any good could probably be counted on the fingers of one hand, so it's not as if it is a flourishing genre, deserving of jealousy.

Last edited by Matrim; 2006-11-01 at 16:15.
Matrim is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
drama, science fiction, yuri