AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > To Aru Majutsu no Index

Notices

Old 2013-09-11, 20:57   Link #4821
SmokinFerret88
Comrade Ferret

Greetings everyone!

What have I missed? I smell the talk of Mugino...

Mugino is Love.

Mugino is Life.

Shizuri's my Dove.

Shizuri's my Wife.
SmokinFerret88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-11, 21:02   Link #4822
tsunade666

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverexorcist View Post
Let's not forget Sogiita Gunha. He can match a saint's speed and endurance, and could probably tough out most direct magic attacks that a normal saint possesses. But he'd ultimately lose due to being, well, stupid, when any magician would use tactics to ultimately defeat him.

But I would love to see super powered Misaka against a saint. Considering how much her power would multiply with every margin of increase, I'd imagine she'd be able to knock one out in a single blow around the 50-75 percent area.
True for a normal saint but just like I said. If its double saint Aqua he would probably just shrug it. The yuisen? attack of Kankazki was being shrug like its nothing but that attack is an attack that can even cut through angels

Plus magicians are versatile that they can use element resistant spells that help them to have higher resistant though for the forced awaken Misaka. it would probably overkill for an ordinary magician but we are talking about saints. They are abnormal, the same for valkyrie.

Gunha can move on mach 2 if I remember it right and he also had telekinetic or some sort of barrier. Sure Gunha is strong but just like what Ollerus said to him in SS. He doesn't know how to properly use his ability.

Gemstones are a big mystery because they don't follow a set of rules for artificial or quantum espers. Just like how its hard to determine deep blood ability unless you let a vampire on loose. Gunha has a lot of abilities that doesn't match in single category. Gunha is close to being a multi-skill which is impossible in normal situation but well, his a gemstone. A mystery.
Old 2013-09-11, 21:15   Link #4823
Narrator 1
Master of Ellipsis

Hi, Narrator 1 here.

Still releasing and reworking my Index/Madoka crossover fic at my usual snail's pace. I must say, I envy all the great writers here who can consistently churn out great stuff. My hat goes off especially to the one behind "A Mirage to Keep You Safe", though I must say I am also glad that fics actually dealing with the Magic Side are back on the upswing. I was worried that the opposite trend would happen with the currently airing Railgun S and the announcement of the upcoming Accelerator spinoff, and I'm well aware that there exists a vocal minority of Railgun fans who would rather ignore the Magic Side entirely and then have the nerve to complain about the plot holes that ensue from ignoring fully one-half (at the bare minimum) of the source material. Nice job not letting the negativity get to you.

As for me, I'm back here because, after lengthy deliberation, I've decided that Chapter 6 is going to have a fairly involved, but hopefully not too lengthy, Q&A session involved before jumping right back into the action.

My question is, from the perspective of what they do and don't know about their respective magic styles and the situation they're in, what questions would Index and Homura ask of each other? The most detailed reviews had a valid criticism in that I kept too much action going and revealed too little of the situation to the reader. I wanted to instill a sense of dread and uncertainty into Homura and, by proxy, to the reader, by plopping her unprepared into a new world, a new situation, and a fight with an unknown enemy. I succeeded too well, and now many of my readers don't know what in the world is going on.

(As always, the link to my fic is in my signature image.)

Oh, and spoiler for those interested:

Spoiler for Characters Who Appear in the Next Chapter:
Old 2013-09-11, 21:25   Link #4824
SuzushinaYuriko
SHSL Lurker

Oh wow, I didn't know the author of To Aru Mahou Shoujotachi no Monogatari was on this forum!

I'd imagine Index would be curious as to the origin of Homura's powers, like the Soul Gem and how she obtained it in the first place.
Old 2013-09-11, 21:43   Link #4825
silverexorcist
Tropes/cliché expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by Narrator 1 View Post
Hi, Narrator 1 here.

Still releasing and reworking my Index/Madoka crossover fic at my usual snail's pace. I must say, I envy all the great writers here who can consistently churn out great stuff. My hat goes off especially to the one behind "A Mirage to Keep You Safe", though I must say I am also glad that fics actually dealing with the Magic Side are back on the upswing. I was worried that the opposite trend would happen with the currently airing Railgun S and the announcement of the upcoming Accelerator spinoff, and I'm well aware that there exists a vocal minority of Railgun fans who would rather ignore the Magic Side entirely and then have the nerve to complain about the plot holes that ensue from ignoring fully one-half (at the bare minimum) of the source material. Nice job not letting the negativity get to you.

As for me, I'm back here because, after lengthy deliberation, I've decided that Chapter 6 is going to have a fairly involved, but hopefully not too lengthy, Q&A session involved before jumping right back into the action.

My question is, from the perspective of what they do and don't know about their respective magic styles and the situation they're in, what questions would Index and Homura ask of each other? The most detailed reviews had a valid criticism in that I kept too much action going and revealed too little of the situation to the reader. I wanted to instill a sense of dread and uncertainty into Homura and, by proxy, to the reader, by plopping her unprepared into a new world, a new situation, and a fight with an unknown enemy. I succeeded too well, and now many of my readers don't know what in the world is going on.

(As always, the link to my fic is in my signature image.)

Oh, and spoiler for those interested:

Spoiler for Characters Who Appear in the Next Chapter:
On a joking note, Index would probably wonder if the Soul Gem tastes good or if Homura is hiding any food behind that disc of hers.

On a serious note, I'm sure Index would have all sorts of questions about the magic of a magical girl. The ability to travel through time and affect current time comes across as something only a Majin like Ollerus or Othinus could manage if they really tried. But the contamination of affect that is caused by using magic may come across as being like a grimoire in some ways.

Basically, it seems like that would be a fun chance to rationalize the similarities and differences between the magic in the Raildex universe and Madoka Magica.

And though I'm not big on crossover fics (and so haven't read yours) and wouldn't know if you've already explained this yet, have you already explained the relationship between how Homura ended up in the Raildex universe and her own power to travel through time, and consequently parallel universes? Hmm, now that I'm thinking about it, there are a lot of opportunities to link certain aspects of the two universes. Interesting.

And it's funny. I was recently finding the lack of magic side fics to be bad for my neurosis and will probably move on to a magic side story when I'm done with my current one...whenever that will be.

silverexorcist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-11, 23:09   Link #4826
omega253

Fic idea I'm going to drop off:

Kamijou Touya is a collector of occult items in order to try to stop his son's misfortune. But things get out of control when he accidentally gets his hands on the sword of King Arthur, Excalibur. As in, the original legendary sword of the one true king of England.

Cue chaos among the Magic Side.

Touma figures out the trouble that his dad is in and has to come clean about magic... And somewhere in the explanation, his dad finds out that his memories are gone.

Cue family angst.

After the family angst-fest is put on hold, the Kamijou family is now on the run because Excalibur is too dangerous to belong to just one faction. Touma gets pissed off and calls in all of the allies he has made on both sides, which the various factions take as the official inclusion and interference of the Kamijou Faction.

Touma and his allies now have to fend off the various factions that are trying to get their power-hungry hands on such a legendary artifact.

Interesting idea, isn't it?
Old 2013-09-11, 23:42   Link #4827
Narrator 1
Master of Ellipsis

Interesting enough. Raising the stakes would be simple, depending on whether or not the magic factions after Excalibur know that it's being held by a boy who can remove its magical power and significance just by touching it with his right hand.
Old 2013-09-11, 23:52   Link #4828
omega253

That's the thing. The factions are bringing out all the stops to try and get past Touma and the Imagine Breaker. There would be mixed results based on how powerful the magicians and spells are.

Excalibur is simply that valuable. They would risk going up against a nullifier to get their hands on such a powerful magical artifact.

Symbols, myths, and stories have power. We all know that.

Excalibur is possibly the most famous mythological weapon in the world. That would hold a lot of power that any power-hungry faction would want to get their hands on. It would be powerful enough to take an extensive amount of time for the Imagine Breaker to destroy.

But Excalibur is with Touma's dad, while Touma himself is far away from it while doing his level best to discourage any and all magicians that want to get their hands on the sword.

Touma is only a little pissed off because it can be used for not-so-good purposes. He is PISSED OFF that they are after his family. Even if he doesn't have any memory of them, he would go beyond his limits for his family.

That's part of the reason this idea popped up.

How far would Touma go for his family? I want to see exactly how far.

If anybody can take this idea, I would be grateful. I don't think I have the creativity to create OC magicians that can make Touma and the Imagine Breaker get pushed to their utmost limits.
Old 2013-09-12, 00:34   Link #4829
tsunade666

When is the event happen? you said Kamijou faction but if this happen before angel fall arc then that faction is none existent yet.

Plus the problem of IB not destroying it. Unless its active power from the fae then it would still be destroyed. Look at curtana and curtana is powered by micheal.

You could say its powerful and dangerous but there should be limits to it and who can use and what's the use. Even if lots of faction takes interest on it then it would be royal rumble.

A play of miss information in different faction can be used against them. Planting false info like someone gets a hold of the item or some faction is not attacking because its just waiting for the other factions to weaken the adversaries.

Power play can work there too. Lots of possible events happen.
Old 2013-09-12, 00:40   Link #4830
demino_hellsin
That one guy

Misaka at 5.02 is at kazakiri's level. Kazakiri could hold her ground against gabriel. The best double saint could do was drain 50% of arch angel's mana...

My version of Otohime will be sort of a bratty little sister. Based on that personality maybe magic based on trickery?
demino_hellsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-12, 00:53   Link #4831
omega253

Probably illusion magic for Otohime.

@tsunade: that type of argument is the reason why I can't do that type of fic. The fic would probably take place during New Testament, considering the bulk of the Kamijou faction. But then again, nearly every magic cabal in the world would be after Excalibur.

I meant that Excalibur would have so much mana in it that it would take extensive amounts of time for the Imagine Breaker to nullify and destroy it. And the magic cabals don't really care about who can wield it because just the fact that it's in their hands would be a considerable amount of reputation/political power.

And I know that Excalibur needs limitations. We could use the Excalibur from Fate/prototype as the sword. Excalibur has thirteen constraints placed on by the Knights of the Round Table and all of the conditions need to be fulfilled in order for it to be used at its full power.

I just took that from the fate/prototype Type-Moon wiki article.

But the factions don't know that it has limiters. Even if they get their hands on it, it's useless unless they can find people who are direct descendants of the Knights of the Round Table.

As for what its use is..... Just keep it to the Nasuverse version. AKA Big Damn Laser Beam.
Or gain strength comparable to King Arthur and the Knights of the Round Table combined. Either one could work.

I'm not really good on the political intrigue angle, so I would leave that thinking to the person who might take up this fic idea.
Old 2013-09-12, 00:55   Link #4832
demino_hellsin
That one guy

Since one of its names is sword of promised victory, make its ability basically a sword version of holy right...
Old 2013-09-12, 00:56   Link #4833
tsunade666

How can you be sure that Misaka 5.02 is at Fuze:Kazakiri level?

scale wise of attack. I don't think so. Even aside from the attack.Sheer Presence and destructiveness. I think Fuze is still stronger. Specially when Kazakiri release herself from the command and go solo.
Old 2013-09-12, 00:59   Link #4834
demino_hellsin
That one guy

It was a pinpoint lightning strike that misaka fired, it basically lit up the whole city. Kazakiri's attack ripped through the city because it was launched from herself and not from the sky. Even if there was a gap, it definitely isn't appreciable.
Old 2013-09-12, 01:03   Link #4835
Flere821
Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by omega253 View Post
I was thinking something dragon-based, considering Tatsugami means Dragon God.

A Saint with dragon-based magic.... Oh the irony.
Saint George from Nasuverse says Hi.
Quote:

Kamijou Touya is a collector of occult items in order to try to stop his son's misfortune. But things get out of control when he accidentally gets his hands on the sword of King Arthur, Excalibur. As in, the original legendary sword of the one true king of England.

*snip rest*
IMO, the 'incident' will end after one Fukou Da on Touma's side as he trips and accidentally brushes his right hand against Excalibur. The thing breaks, Index nearly cracks Touma's skull for destroying the freaking Exacalibur, and life goes on.

More seriously, IMO if Touya does end up finding Excalibur before he can even ship/fly the thing back to Japan some Magic Cabal/Faction or another would be trying to steal it off of him. Why bother try and kill the 'mundane' guy when you can bypass him completely and there's other vultures out there that's more worrisome and wants the same thing as you?

Assuming Necessarius and/or Elizard doesn't drop in immediately and asks Touya to hand it over, anyway.
Flere821 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-12, 01:39   Link #4836
omega253

Damn, no-sold twice.... Still, it would be interesting to see what kind of things would happen if Excalibur popped up in the Raildexverse.

Ah well~. I'm just going to stick with the cracky Kanzaki x Touma marriage contract idea for now....
Old 2013-09-12, 01:47   Link #4837
demino_hellsin
That one guy

I find myself more fascinated by the violent side of the possible harem. I wonder why...

Mugino, Vento and Princess Carissa
Old 2013-09-12, 01:52   Link #4838
SmokinFerret88
Comrade Ferret

Meh, I can dig it.

Mugino is Love.

Mugino is Life.

Shizuri's my Dove.

Shizuri's my Wife.
SmokinFerret88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-12, 06:50   Link #4839
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

Quote:

Touma figures out the trouble that his dad is in and has to come clean about magic... And somewhere in the explanation, his dad finds out that his memories are gone.

Cue family angst.

After the family angst-fest is put on hold, the Kamijou family is now on the run because Excalibur is too dangerous to belong to just one faction. Touma gets pissed off and calls in all of the allies he has made on both sides, which the various factions take as the official inclusion and interference of the Kamijou Faction.

Touma and his allies now have to fend off the various factions that are trying to get their power-hungry hands on such a legendary artifact.

Interesting idea, isn't it?
YouTube
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Respect to Touya for handling that......thing.
Old 2013-09-12, 07:20   Link #4840
demino_hellsin
That one guy

Nii-chan, how's high school in a foreign country? Middle school is the same as always. Days are longer now. Nothing poetic mind you. Teachers just keep yammering on. Especially history, I don't know. I hate history but I seem to be really good at it. I remember a lot of things. Some of my classmates are jealous of me over it, but in truth I'm jealous of them. They're all good at math and sciences, but I'm not. I know enough just so I don't fail but I can't get anything right. Sometimes I feel like I'm being bullied. How about you onii-chan? I hear you got into a really expensive super duper exclusive school for the rich and famous, on a scholarship at that. Are you being bullied? I hear a lot of normal people who go to private schools on scholarships get bullied a lot. If it gets bad then come home okay? mom, dad, auntie and uncle are waiting for you to come back to Japan.

Your protective magical angel Otohime chan V^_^V

Touma smiled at the glowing screen before him. Nothing's changed. Nothing really. He brings his hand up but pauses as the day's aches haunt his body. He nearly curses out. His hands rest on the laptop before him and he types.

Hime-chan sounds like she's having fun. I'm doing fine here. The people treat me well.

He smiles through a swollen cheek.

My days are so exhilarating that they feel too short.

He remembers fights one after another.

It's kind of hard to pay attention in class for me. The language is foreign and even after a year I'm having a hard time understanding it yet.

He remembers hateful words tossed behind his back.

Filthy commoner

What an eyesore

He should learn his place or just die

I wonder who he paid to get in?

Pay? He doesn't even have enough to stay in?

Did he sell his flesh to some old noblewoman?

Disgusting

I can understand not getting everything right on the first try. That's no reason to give up though.

He remembers looking down to see his test papers. 30's and 40's across every subject. Even PE and arts.

Still can't learn the language?

How can one expect a neanderthal to muster up enough brains to do so?

I thought he was a pig

HAHAHAHA!

Everyone has their good points and bad points. Everyone points out what's bad about you. All you have to do is make those bad points into good points.

He's so scrawny

He's so stupid

He's not even good at anything other than tripping up

He really doesn't have any redeeming qualities does he?

If you do that then what you think is bullying will stop.

He doesn't think this will ever end. When he sees the wall of boys around him he just sighs and raises his fists.

On my end though, there's nothing to worry about. I'm fine. I have friends surrounding me so there's no bullying at all.

He remembers after all those fights, fainting in the middle of the streets only to wake up and see a raven-haired angel looking at him in worry. He's always afraid of wether he'd died.

When I have the time, I'll go back to Japan to visit. I miss you, mom, dad, aunt and uncle a lot. I want to see everyone again. Untill then, take care.

the protected Kamijou Touma.

And so he clicks the send button. Kamijou Touma leans back on his chair and can't help but hiss in pain. The bruises on his ribs are still sore. In his room in this dark dead of night he remembers the day's events. He closes his eyes and says the words that have become synonimous with his presence.

"What misfortune."

Tags
character, crack, crossover ideas, discussion, fanfiction