AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2011-02-10, 02:08   Link #221
cyberdemon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow5YA View Post
Kuga only sees emotions, not what causes people to feel that way. ch11 proved how Kuga could misintepret a person's emotions.

I really hope he isn't pulling the "I like her, but I'm not good enough for her so I hope she'll be happy with somebody else" trope.
probably more a let her get hurt so i can be her knight in shining armor
cyberdemon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-10, 02:25   Link #222
Shadow5YA

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyberdemon View Post
probably more a let her get hurt so i can be her knight in shining armor
Doubt it. That's fairly childish and I doubt anyone with such a simple motive would approach it in such a cold and calculating way.
Shadow5YA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-10, 04:25   Link #223
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

Quote:
Doubt it. That's fairly childish and I doubt anyone with such a simple motive would approach it in such a cold and calculating way.
Normally yes, but the characters in this one seem to have a knack of doing very cold calculated mundane things.
Old 2011-02-10, 11:45   Link #224
Sixth
Hu Tao

It is hard to think Kuga isn't aware or innocent of everything, including her crush, when you already read the raw chapters. Kuga is not as simple as you guys thought. I still believe that she is in denial, an extreme one, to say.
Sixth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-10, 12:44   Link #225
Shadow5YA

Quote:
Originally Posted by noobita View Post
It is hard to think Kuga isn't aware or innocent of everything, including her crush, when you already read the raw chapters. Kuga is not as simple as you guys thought. I still believe that she is in denial, an extreme one, to say.
Possibly.

On the other hand, it does look like it's Toru's fault. Even though Koyuki and Yuki know it won't work out, that guy doesn't. For example, he might actually think he's in love with Kuga when he's not, and he only thinks so because she likes him back. Feeling loved is not the same as loving someone, but it can be mistaken.

Again, this guy might not be aware himself until Toru, Koyuki, and Yuki told him that he's lying. Then they unknowingly speed up the disaster, and when Kuga gets hurt, she'll lash out at Toru for sticking his nose into her business.
Old 2011-02-10, 12:55   Link #226
Johnny
Working the bags...

Quote:
Possibly.

On the other hand, it does look like it's Toru's fault. Even though Koyuki and Yuki know it won't work out, that guy doesn't. For example, he might actually think he's in love with Kuga when he's not, and he only thinks so because she likes him back. Feeling loved is not the same as loving someone, but it can be mistaken.

Again, this guy might not be aware himself until Toru, Koyuki, and Yuki told him that he's lying. Then they unknowingly speed up the disaster, and when Kuga gets hurt, she'll lash out at Toru for sticking his nose into her business.
Your forgetting one important factor concerning his so called innocence. We already know that he's lying from chapter ten. If he wasn't we wouldn't have seen the tail at the time of the confession. So either he is apart of some scheme that Tokita cooked up, or he's just playing around with Kuga because he can. Either or, but the dude is not Mr. Innocent. He's a scumbag on both points...
Johnny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-10, 13:02   Link #227
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

You know I've been wondering. Say person A had this love arrow power, and told person B "he's in love with X". If person B then went to confess would he still show a tail?

@noobita, what chapters are the raws at the moment? 12?
Old 2011-02-10, 13:13   Link #228
Shadow5YA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
Your forgetting one important factor concerning his so called innocence. We already know that he's lying from chapter ten. If he wasn't we wouldn't have seen the tail at the time of the confession. So either he is apart of some scheme that Tokita cooked up, or he's just playing around with Kuga because he can. Either or, but the dude is not Mr. Innocent. He's a scumbag on both points...
Denial can be a form of lying, where you lie both to yourself and others.
Old 2011-02-10, 13:52   Link #229
frubam
simp for Lyria

Send a message via AIM to frubam
I don't really want to read this topic too much because I got the feeling there were subtle spoilers, so this question might have been asked. I thought Toru's ability was to see the Iris of other people. How come he asked Kuga what that guy's Iris power was?
frubam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-10, 13:57   Link #230
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by frubam View Post
I don't really want to read this topic too much because I got the feeling there were subtle spoilers, so this question might have been asked. I thought Toru's ability was to see the Iris of other people. How come he asked Kuga what that guy's Iris power was?
You so read that part wrong! He is iris zero = has no iris. He can't see the iris of other people, he was simply lying to cover up he doesn't have one. And frankly after what she did to him back then — and the apparent lack of regret for the crappy situation she put him in all those years — I'm surprised he got over it so quickly to the point they are now "best friends'. Toru is too kind hearted.
Old 2011-02-10, 14:45   Link #231
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by felix View Post
You so read that part wrong! He is iris zero = has no iris. He can't see the iris of other people, he was simply lying to cover up he doesn't have one. And frankly after what she did to him back then — and the apparent lack of regret for the crappy situation she put him in all those years — I'm surprised he got over it so quickly to the point they are now "best friends'. Toru is too kind hearted.
It's been years. And he started it.
Anh_Minh is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-10, 15:24   Link #232
Johnny
Working the bags...

That's like comparing apples to oranges. Sure he revealed what her iris is, but he thought it was for the best and things would blow over eventually. However, on her part she had to know what would happen to him if she told everyone he didn't have an iris...

On the other thing, he has not completely gotten over what she did, but he's being the bigger person rather then holding a grudge. Although I wouldn't blame if he still did though...
Old 2011-02-10, 15:50   Link #233
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
That's like comparing apples to oranges. Sure he revealed what her iris is, but he thought it was for the best and things would blow over eventually. However, on her part she had to know what would happen to him if she told everyone he didn't have an iris...
Like hell. Neither of them was thinking. He was pressured and afraid, so he sold her out. She was angry and betrayed, so she repaid him in kind. If anything, he was more premeditated than her - he had seconds to weigh the pros and cons. Hers was an instantaneous reaction.
Old 2011-02-10, 16:03   Link #234
Johnny
Working the bags...

He was put on the spot as well. Plus I'm sure the years of being ostracized, beaten, and treated like dog shit really tore her apart, oh wait it didn't happen to her...
Old 2011-02-10, 16:13   Link #235
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

That's what I said. He was pressured. But he still had seconds to think about it.

And she was somewhat ostracized too. Except by very sincere people... I don't deny that the consequences were worse for him than for her. But that doesn't change the fact that he started it. All she did was react. Maybe if she'd had more time to think about it, she'd have spared him - but she didn't. Because of him.
Old 2011-02-10, 23:06   Link #236
Claies
Good-Natured Asshole.

Just read chapter 11. We're so close to finding out what really happened.

Bonus: Koyuki finally figured out to not say "please go out with me" instead of "I need to talk to you".

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
That's what I said. He was pressured. But he still had seconds to think about it.

And she was somewhat ostracized too. Except by very sincere people... I don't deny that the consequences were worse for him than for her. But that doesn't change the fact that he started it. All she did was react. Maybe if she'd had more time to think about it, she'd have spared him - but she didn't. Because of him.
The problem is she didn't simply out him like he did to her.

Compare her younger appearance in the flashback in chapter 3 and the "ringleader" of the abuses in the opening pages of chapter 1 (well, that and the ringleader prominently used the word "liar"). It is implied that she didn't just react in that one incident, she likely kept up the attacks for some time, at least as long as it took for people to forget that she can see lies. She *clearly* had more time to think about whether to do the latter.

Last edited by Claies; 2011-02-11 at 09:55. Reason: wrong chapter number
Claies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-11, 01:54   Link #237
Shadow5YA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Claies View Post
Just read chapter 11. We're so close to finding out what really happened.

Bonus: Koyuki finally figured out to not say "please go out with me" instead of "I need to talk to you".

The problem is she didn't simply out him like he did to her.

Compare her younger appearance in the flashback in chapter 2 and the "ringleader" of the abuses in the opening pages of chapter 1 (well, that and the ringleader prominently used the word "liar"). It is implied that she didn't just react in that one incident, she likely kept up the attacks for some time, at least as long as it took for people to forget that she can see lies. She *clearly* had more time to think about whether to do the latter.
You're not implying that Yuki was leading the bullying, are you?
Old 2011-02-11, 04:52   Link #238
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

Quote:
Maybe this is just a matter of how you read into the images and subtext. Personally that's somewhat the impression I got, that she lead plenty of bullying against him and created his current reputation.
Old 2011-02-11, 10:01   Link #239
Claies
Good-Natured Asshole.

Quote:
Well... she doesn't have to be, but that panel makes her look more prominent than the other bullies, as if to make it the most significant thing she has done to him in the past.

That she was a leader in the bullying was the feeling I got from it.
Claies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-11, 10:50   Link #240
ZeKeR
Superbad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Claies View Post
Well... she doesn't have to be, but that panel makes her look more prominent than the other bullies, as if to make it the most significant thing she has done to him in the past.

That she was a leader in the bullying was the feeling I got from it.
or more like she's the shadow of the blade. she's not the one holding it, but is the one directing it to him. well she didnt go personal in saying it, right?

Tags
fantasy, romance, seinen, shounen