AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat

Notices

Old 2009-12-13, 16:37   Link #81
synaesthetic
blinded by blood
*Author

Send a message via AIM to synaesthetic
I haven't gotten a Christmas gift from anyone at all in years, so be grateful you get anything. ^^;
Old 2009-12-13, 20:55   Link #82
Shadow Kira01

Although I don't celebrate Xmas...

Happy Christmas!!
Shadow Kira01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-14, 06:14   Link #83
Narona
Emotionless White Face

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cub-Sama View Post
Im not all that cynical I just notice flaws in things and I think you cant trust anybody School is still fun but during christmas there really isnt anything for me to do, I have dinner with my parents, older sister, younger sister and whatever guest there is. I have to get changed into some suit or whatever for a picture and I am forced to clean up and help get dinner ready all of which I do not find fun.

I dont really have anyone fun or my age around to hang out with on Christmas and my parents wont let me go to Christmas parties so maybe you can understand my cynicism with Christmas.

Oh and my parents stopped giving me good gifts a few years ago.
It just shows people can have different preferences ^^ I am the opposite ( ? ) of you. All that I care about christmas is to enjoy pretty moments with my family (including cooking and cleaning up), while I am not interested at all in christmas party in clubs in Paris, or between students, for example.

Anyway, may I ask what is a "good" gift in your opinion?
Narona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-14, 13:39   Link #84
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Narona View Post
It just shows people can have different preferences ^^ I am the opposite ( ? ) of you. All that I care about christmas is to enjoy pretty moments with my family (including cooking and cleaning up), while I am not interested at all in christmas party in clubs in Paris, or between students, for example.

Just don't give novelties, like soft-toys or soap-on-a-rope. Give something like an engraved pen, box of mint chocolates (minty taste of christmas) or a book.

Here is SaintessHeart's this year's standard of gifts for SPECIFIC people :

1. Person you hate : Watch, preferably a cheap analog one. To be given near 12 midnight.

2. Person who wishes to shake off a bad girlfriend but doesn't know how : Love Plus. NOT to be given to MARRIED couples, leave them alone and let them settle their own issues.

3. Emo girl/boy : A box of colour pencils. NOT the Schmark watercolour pencils.

4. Girl with flat chest :
Cardigan. NO OVERSIZED JACKETS unless you want a cold war or slap across the face.

5. Little girl next door / loli-looking schoolmate : Cat ears hairband. Nyaa~n.

6. Little boy next door / shota-looking schoolmate : Sports wallet. Get him to save and keep some money in there all the time.

7. Generic gift for everyone for the ultimately lazy gift preparer : Nalgene water bottle. Global warming is coming, Drink lots of water.

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
SaintessHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-14, 14:17   Link #85
Cub-Sama
Member of DOLLARS
*Artist

Quote:
Well since Im a guy and Im kind of apathetic there is nothing someone can get me that will EVER give me a sentimental feeling so a good gift IMO is something that I want, they say it is the thought that counts but for me the thought barely means anything to me.

Like say if someone gave me a photo book of pictures of me and them together (something some people would say "Aww how sweet") I would not give a crap, if someone buys me laptop or gives me £100 I would hump their leg for a week unless I dont like that person in which case I would be polite then run off.

We are DOLLARS, credit for sig goes to CMHerrera-chan
Cub-Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-14, 15:12   Link #86
Narona
Emotionless White Face

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintessHeart View Post
Just don't give novelties, like soft-toys or soap-on-a-rope. Give something like an engraved pen, box of mint chocolates (minty taste of christmas) or a book.

Here is SaintessHeart's this year's standard of gifts for SPECIFIC people :

1. Person you hate : Watch, preferably a cheap analog one. To be given near 12 midnight.

2. Person who wishes to shake off a bad girlfriend but doesn't know how : Love Plus. NOT to be given to MARRIED couples, leave them alone and let them settle their own issues.

3. Emo girl/boy : A box of colour pencils. NOT the Schmark watercolour pencils.

4. Girl with flat chest :
Cardigan. NO OVERSIZED JACKETS unless you want a cold war or slap across the face.

5. Little girl next door / loli-looking schoolmate : Cat ears hairband. Nyaa~n.

6. Little boy next door / shota-looking schoolmate : Sports wallet. Get him to save and keep some money in there all the time.

7. Generic gift for everyone for the ultimately lazy gift preparer : Nalgene water bottle. Global warming is coming, Drink lots of water.
And for:

8. Girl with a nice chest:

9. Happy couple:

10. Persons you appreciate:

?

Quote:
Well since Im a guy and Im kind of apathetic there is nothing someone can get me that will EVER give me a sentimental feeling so a good gift IMO is something that I want, they say it is the thought that counts but for me the thought barely means anything to me.

Like say if someone gave me a photo book of pictures of me and them together (something some people would say "Aww how sweet") I would not give a crap, if someone buys me laptop or gives me £100 I would hump their leg for a week unless I dont like that person in which case I would be polite then run off.
As I said, I'm the opposite of you
Old 2009-12-14, 15:17   Link #87
Tsuyoshi
Disabled By Request

Send a message via AIM to Tsuyoshi Send a message via MSN to Tsuyoshi
Quote:

I'm pretty sure that as you grow older, you won't even care about presents and just be happy to be with your family. I don't much care for presents anymore. The only reason I'm going back to Italy for Xmas is just to be with them again, even if for a short while. I can be satisfied with just that.
Tsuyoshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-14, 17:08   Link #88
Aimingan12
Chibi's Bishie
*Author

Send a message via MSN to Aimingan12
I won't be spending time with my family but I'm still looking forward to it. I can care less about what gifts I get. It's just that time of year that I can spend with loved ones, in my case my older sister

"All is lost."
Aimingan12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-14, 17:19   Link #89
Cub-Sama
Member of DOLLARS
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yoko Takeo View Post
I'm pretty sure that as you grow older, you won't even care about presents and just be happy to be with your family.
I dont even like being with my family now, I isolate myself and stay in my room to avoid pointless arguing.

We are DOLLARS, credit for sig goes to CMHerrera-chan
Cub-Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-14, 17:31   Link #90
Narona
Emotionless White Face

Quote:
I dont even like being with my family now, I isolate myself and stay in my room to avoid pointless arguing.
Do you mean that you get into arguments with your family members, or do you mean that having a conversation with them is pointless?
Old 2009-12-14, 20:11   Link #91
synaesthetic
blinded by blood
*Author

I've grown older, and I still care more about potential material acquisitions than my family.

This is primarily because it's my family. If I had a different family, one that did not beat the shit out of me repeatedly when I was younger, then I might feel differently about this issue.

In fact I can't really think of one thing I want for Christmas more than to be in good company with friends and loved ones...

(Except maybe a Thinkpad x200s...)
Old 2009-12-15, 01:26   Link #92
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
And for:

8. Girl with a nice chest:

9. Happy couple:

10. Persons you appreciate:
8. Depends on the girl's character. If she fits into 1, a watch will do. If she is a good friend, get her something that she likes. If not, a handbag, handphone pouch or jacket will do.

9. Leave them alone would be my best answer. They are happier with each other's company IMO. If you really want to give something, it would be a matching pair of scarves, or something close. If you have guts, a pregnancy test kit.

10. That is difficult. An engraved pen would be my choice, but for girls, I would get my sister to help me buy perfume, which I think is quite a waste of money since you can synthesise it yourself at home with apple peelings, citric acid and non-antiseptic rubbing alcohol.

Refer to 7 if you really don't know what to get for them. Works everytime.

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
Old 2009-12-15, 06:25   Link #93
Narona
Emotionless White Face

Quote:
8. Depends on the girl's character. If she fits into 1, a watch will do. If she is a good friend, get her something that she likes. If not, a handbag, handphone pouch or jacket will do.

9. Leave them alone would be my best answer. They are happier with each other's company IMO. If you really want to give something, it would be a matching pair of scarves, or something close. If you have guts, a pregnancy test kit.

10. That is difficult. An engraved pen would be my choice, but for girls, I would get my sister to help me buy perfume, which I think is quite a waste of money since you can synthesise it yourself at home with apple peelings, citric acid and non-antiseptic rubbing alcohol.

Refer to 7 if you really don't know what to get for them. Works everytime.
I was not really asking anything seriously, I was just curious to see your reply

Anyway, the pair of scarves as a present for couple is a very good choice
Old 2009-12-15, 18:54   Link #94
synaesthetic
blinded by blood
*Author

Now I know why people kept giving me cardigans as gifts.

T_T
Old 2009-12-15, 21:30   Link #95
Mango Leaf
Curiously Charming

What's not to like about Christmas? I love the mood around Christmas time, I'm excited the whole month of December. ^-^
I'm spending the day at my girlfriend's house this Christmas, so it should be a nice day. I got her some sweaters and a scarf I think she's going to love.
Mango Leaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-16, 05:29   Link #96
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
I was not really asking anything seriously, I was just curious to see your reply

Anyway, the pair of scarves as a present for couple is a very good choice
You owe me a Fender Mustang for wasting my brainpower, and I would like to receive it before the end of this year.

Actually you might want to take into consideration colour before buying scarves. Certain people unconsciously get provoked by certain colours.

Quote:
Originally Posted by synaesthetic View Post
Now I know why people kept giving me cardigans as gifts.

T_T
You are a pettanko?

Don't kill me! I am just asking out of curiosity!

OT : I just turned 21 today. Lovely.

Last edited by SaintessHeart; 2009-12-16 at 10:18.
Old 2009-12-16, 15:09   Link #97
Yaku-Pai
フリテン

I'm looking forward to christmas more than usually. We got a lot of snow recently and it's been some nice -22 celsius for a week now and looks like christmas's gonna be the same. I'd prefer it just a bit colder though, but it's going to be a beautiful eve.

Also, three weeks off from work. THREE WEEKS.
Yaku-Pai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-16, 17:43   Link #98
Narona
Emotionless White Face

Quote:
You owe me a Fender Mustang for wasting my brainpower, and I would like to receive it before the end of this year.
To brain train is not bad for your health

Anyway, didn't see a Mustang in shop, but I recently saw a very nice Toronado

Quote:
Actually you might want to take into consideration colour before buying scarves. Certain people unconsciously get provoked by certain colours.
Don't stop here, what are the colors you talking about? ^^

Quote:
OT : I just turned 21 today. Lovely.
Happy Birthday
Old 2009-12-16, 17:51   Link #99
Babygurl

Send a message via MSN to Babygurl Send a message via Yahoo to Babygurl
Not really to great for me
I'm trying to find an old friend and I can't
if any of you have talked to him on these forums lemme know plz
his name name is cruz
he is 20
Babygurl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-16, 18:38   Link #100
synaesthetic
blinded by blood
*Author

Quote:
You are a pettanko?

Don't kill me! I am just asking out of curiosity!
Does 36A qualify? >.>;

Though I don't get real worked up or angry about having small breasts really. I just often wish they were bigger. =(