AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > Mahouka [LN/M]

Notices

Old 2015-04-10, 13:30   Link #281
Blonddude42

Anyone know how often the originals tend to come out? I've heard several different numbers and just wanted some clarification.
Blonddude42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-04-10, 14:28   Link #282
ProxyAccount

The average is 3 months (SD 1.4), with the shortest being 1 month and the longest being 6 months.
2011年7月10日
2011年8月10日
2011年11月10日
2011年12月10日
2012年4月10日
2012年7月10日
2012年9月7日
2012年12月10日
2013年3月10日
2013年6月7日
2013年8月10日
2013年10月10日
2014年4月10日
2014年9月10日
2015年1月10日
2015年5月9日 (current tentative date)
ProxyAccount is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-05-02, 07:38   Link #283
cynnmy

Question: Why does it take YP so long to release volumes? (Like Spice and Wolf)

I mean... Fan translations are soooo much faster and have good quality... yet these fans probably aren't even translators by profession. A professional translation team backed by a company should take way faster, not years later...

Of course, there's printing and everything, but still...
cynnmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-04-30, 12:54   Link #284
bakato

Finally managed to see the novel. First the good news, the only terminology change was sequences was changed to program. Names made it except for Leonhard.

Bad news is as you've guessed. No onii-sama or any honorifics except for the occasional Mr. Also, I found a typo.
bakato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-05-01, 01:42   Link #285
-Mahesvara_

Quote:
Originally Posted by bakato View Post
Finally managed to see the novel. First the good news, the only terminology change was sequences was changed to program. Names made it except for Leonhard.

Bad news is as you've guessed. No onii-sama or any honorifics except for the occasional Mr. Also, I found a typo.
Yeah that sort of through me off and its still taking some time to get use to. The overall translation is pretty good though.
-Mahesvara_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-05-03, 00:24   Link #286
MRD143

Now we just wait until this fall for volume 2 and the fact that Miyuki is saying Tatsuya instead of Oni-sama is kind of weird.
MRD143 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-05-04, 10:24   Link #287
Ruki0089
Yandere Otoko Ruki-tan

Quote:
Originally Posted by MRD143 View Post
Now we just wait until this fall for volume 2 and the fact that Miyuki is saying Tatsuya instead of Oni-sama is kind of weird.
Hmmm?? She call him Tatsuya now? sounds weird
why not calling him anata or danna-sama?
Old 2016-05-17, 10:38   Link #288
Von Himmel
エーレンフェストの聖女

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruki0089 View Post
Hmmm?? She call him Tatsuya now? sounds weird
why not calling him anata or danna-sama?
It's really weird considering it's one of important development later on in the future where they got engaged. Even then she's having a hard time to call him 'Tatsuya'. I wonder how they will deal with hit when the translation reached it. It'll be many years before that though

Translations feels good on technical jargons stuffs, but translating Houki as 'broom' rather than leaving it as such seems like a bad decision to me. Well that and how Miyuki calling Tatsuya as 'Tatsuya' are probably my only problem so far in reading YP translation.

Von Himmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-05-17, 11:44   Link #289
LKK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Von Himmel View Post
It's really weird considering it's one of important development later on in the future where they got engaged. Even then she's having a hard time to call him 'Tatsuya'. I wonder how they will deal with hit when the translation reached it. It'll be many years before that though
Based on what I've seen other US publishers do in such a situation, she'll probably try to use a US made-up nickname (maybe "Tats"??) and find it's hard to change her habit.

Avatar: Hazuki of Natsuyuki Rendezvous / Signature: flowers from Natsuyuki Rendezvous

Last edited by LKK; 2016-05-17 at 11:44. Reason: grammar
LKK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-05-18, 06:52   Link #290
mashingan
魔神眼

Quote:
Originally Posted by Von Himmel View Post

Translations feels good on technical jargons stuffs, but translating Houki as 'broom' rather than leaving it as such seems like a bad decision to me. Well that and how Miyuki calling Tatsuya as 'Tatsuya' are probably my only problem so far in reading YP translation.
That's the question that I wanted to ask before , maybe Miyuki will try to call Tatsuya "honey"?

My problem with English (western) adaptation official release is the name. I believe the name has to be left as is, and of course with the honorific. That's why I never read the official English release. (oh, I'm not native English and I can read JP raw )
mashingan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-05-18, 07:10   Link #291
zerosum

Quote:
Originally Posted by mashingan View Post
(oh, I'm not native English and I can read JP raw )
......................................damn you

then please help us with good summaries for current volume.....
zerosum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-06-08, 21:09   Link #292
Village Idiot
Fate/ Stay Night

Digital release confirmed.
Old 2016-06-08, 21:45   Link #293
LKK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Village Idiot View Post
Digital release confirmed.
Source, please?

Avatar: Hazuki of Natsuyuki Rendezvous / Signature: flowers from Natsuyuki Rendezvous
Old 2016-06-08, 23:13   Link #294
Village Idiot
Fate/ Stay Night

http://yenpress.com/digital/

Sword Art Online, Sword Art Online Progressive, Accel World, Log Horizon, and Yahari as well.

Gonna be expensive catching up to SAO, Progressive, Accel World and Log Horizon all at once, jeez.

Likely due to Kadokawa now being co-owners with Yen Press.

I think all thats left is Spice & Wolf and The Isolator.
Old 2016-06-09, 07:56   Link #295
LKK

^^ Wow. That page has really changed since I was last there. Thank you for bringing it to my attention. You're probably right that the Kadokawa co-ownership is responsible for all the new digital novels. (I also noticed several manga are now getting digital releases.)

Now the question for me is whether I want to double-dip for the digital versions of my existing paper copies. Decisions, decisions.

Old 2018-09-18, 14:52   Link #296
Ulin

I do some forumancy to ask if you guys think that yp is going to release the short stories between v8 and v9 since it seems the new volume is v9

What are they doing in other series they have licensed?
Ulin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-09-18, 18:51   Link #297
readher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ulin View Post
I do some forumancy to ask if you guys think that yp is going to release the short stories between v8 and v9 since it seems the new volume is v9

What are they doing in other series they have licensed?
Don't count on them being released. Anything store- or event-specific has pretty much no chance. The only time you can expect short stories to be released is if they're compiled and released as part of the main series in Japan (like volume 4.5 and 7.5 of Youkoso Jitsuryoku).
readher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-09-19, 07:53   Link #298
Ulin

Thank you, I guess I will have to look for them fan translated if I want to read them when I get there
Ulin is offline   Reply With Quote