AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga > To Aru... Railgun [M/LN]

Notices

Old 2014-04-04, 03:19   Link #1
Kairin
AnimeSuki's Mascot

Railgun Manga - Speculation/Theories on Future Plot after Daihasei Festival Arc

The purpose of this thread is to discuss your speculation and theories on the future direction of the plot of the To Aru Kagaku no Railgun Manga after the Daihasei Festival Arc. So, to participate in this thread, you are expected to already be familiar with the Daihasei Festival Arc and everything before it, so there is no need for spoiler tags. However, please do not post actual teasers/spoilers about future content in this thread; this should only be for your own speculation and theories, not spoilers.

Once the next set of content is released, please discuss what happens in the appropriate thread for that content. A new thread can be created for speculation on what happens after that. You can, however, post again in this thread if you want to report in on what aspects of your speculation came true (and perhaps where you went horribly wrong!).

Please stay on-topic.
  • No shipping talk
  • No pointless chatter
  • No posting raws or source illustrations
  • No posting translations of the source itself
  • No asking about when translations will be done
  • No posts only to update people about translation status (or to just say that something's "out")
  • No posts only to thank translators (please us PM or VM instead)

If you want to discuss a related topic, please feel free to request another thread be created about that topic.

ANY MENTION OF THE INDEX LIGHT NOVELS MUST BE ENTIRELY BEHIND PROPERLY-LABELLED SPOILER TAGS. ANY FAILURE TO TAG SUCH CONTENT WILL RESULT IN A BAN.
For speculation based on the Index novels, please use the Spoiler & Speculation Thread for Index Novel Readers.
Kairin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-25, 09:23   Link #2
OH&S
Index III was a mistake

Spoiler for Spoiler for light novels (just in case):
Old 2014-04-25, 09:48   Link #3
Birdway
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by OH&S View Post
Spoiler for Spoiler for light novels (just in case):
It would be ideal, but in practice isn't happening.

If nobody got to buy Index 1 BD, there is no way Railgun manga readers will ever know about Xochitl(I spelled it right?)
Why Kuroko was on a wheelchair? LN readers know.
ETC.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LG-MAX View Post
I do not doubt that in the end touma appear again and "help" Mikoto to solve her problems on next arc, it may well be so.

Mikoto into some trouble:

Mikoto: What are you doing here?
Touma: When I arrived at the airport I feel that you were in trouble and came "to join forces with you".

"Mikoto starts crying and blushing"

after demon Mikoto and Dragon, almost anything can happen in Railgun.
Mikoto = Railgun's Sakura? Powerful but... you know the rest

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACertainStark
^It was a lot better executed than that...
Only if you read the main series novels. For Railgun manga, it's out of the blue and ended with no insight or explanation about it. Just deal with it, or read the novels.
Birdway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-25, 11:16   Link #4
LG-MAX

Carefully analyzing the pattern that the series have followed, placing as the date of the next arc the fact that possibly Touma is off the AC, so in theory he will not be able to join forces with her, the next most appropriate enemy for Mikoto(considering she will fight alone) must be some scientist who wanted revenge for something, as he lost his job due to the freezing level preject 6, etc.

or it may happen as my guote that Birdway posted, after the Dragon, I doubt not that AjlknnhbjkbIiohhjhjhhWmçmmçAççmçmçSmçmçmSçççmçmçm appear. (note the letters). these events need only influence backstage and not the life or personality/knowledge of Mikoto and the chronology of the series(novel), if it is followed, almost anything can happen.
LG-MAX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-25, 13:40   Link #5
dniv
I’m sorry, Kamijou-san!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Birdway View Post
Only if you read the main series novels. For Railgun manga, it's out of the blue and ended with no insight or explanation about it. Just deal with it, or read the novels.
This is certainly true. But Kamachi wants people to read/know all of it...

He's stubborn like that.
dniv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-25, 13:48   Link #6
ACertainStark
お姉さん☆

Quote:
Originally Posted by Birdway View Post
Yeah, this is. A lot of people might not see why it's special.
ACertainStark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-26, 09:30   Link #7
Death Usagi
Banned

Sale-wise it might be a good strategy. However as for the series itself without any other influences, it can come off negative as it won't make sense for some people who only read the railgun series and has not seen the Index series at all.

Makes me question what kind of approach the 3rd season anime will take for these missing aspects.
Death Usagi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-26, 09:58   Link #8
ACertainStark
お姉さん☆

Though we don't know how they'd handle it. They certainly would not head into it without giving any context or reason. They didn't do that with the Sister's arc.

And I think they know their audience:
Old 2014-04-26, 10:05   Link #9
Miraluka
Banned

From a a certain scientific railgun to a certain ship pandering.Dengeki Miki plz.

This will cause problems like it did with WW3 and the cult...
Miraluka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-26, 16:08   Link #10
Death Usagi
Banned

I wonder if Kakine will make his real debut in the Railgun series where he actually does something.

I am also hoping that Misaki just doesn't disappear after this arc and actually plays important roles in the future somewhat.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACertainStark View Post
Though we don't know how they'd handle it. They certainly would not head into it without giving any context or reason. They didn't do that with the Sister's arc.

And I think they know their audience:
Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Obviously, Kamikoto is the only truth within the Index universe!
Old 2014-04-26, 16:20   Link #11
ACertainStark
お姉さん☆

Aye

I hope Misaki meets with Touma/Mikoto before the arc ends at least.
Old 2014-04-26, 19:30   Link #12
Miraluka
Banned

Sigh...

Ahem.

If Touma meets Misaki or at least gets a mental mail then it would make a good connection with NT7 and Misaki's comments about Touma.
Old 2014-04-26, 19:41   Link #13
ACertainStark
お姉さん☆

That would probably put down the whole past thing, as well.
Old 2014-04-26, 19:57   Link #14
Miraluka
Banned

No, that would ignite the fire even more if Misaki's part includes a memory of her past featuring Touma(after she took over Exterior's facility). How she got enrolled in Tokiwadai, etc.
Old 2014-04-26, 19:58   Link #15
Death Usagi
Banned

Hope Misaki meets Touma again in Railgun owo

Actually I seriously hope Misaki's past with Touma is revealed soon. I just want to know!!!
Old 2014-04-26, 20:00   Link #16
ACertainStark
お姉さん☆

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miraluka View Post
No, that would ignite the fire even more if Misaki's part includes a memory of her past featuring Touma(after she took over Exterior's facility). How she got enrolled in Tokiwadai, etc.
Ah, you're right. I was just thinking that in that case, from NT7, she would just be referencing Daihaiseisai. But yeah they left a lot out.
Old 2014-04-26, 20:01   Link #17
Death Usagi
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACertainStark View Post
Ah, you're right. I was just thinking that in that case, from NT7, she would just be referencing Daihaiseisai. But yeah they left a lot out.
You mean when she said their paths crossed several times?
Old 2014-04-26, 20:06   Link #18
ACertainStark
お姉さん☆

Yeah, but then "several" doesn't really fit, does it? and her implications.
Old 2014-04-26, 20:10   Link #19
Miraluka
Banned

I don't see how that doesn't fits, it could be both Touma and Misaki have met in the past and then crossed times until now. A gap of years.
Old 2014-04-26, 20:14   Link #20
ACertainStark
お姉さん☆

Yeah. I mean that it wouldn't fit if she was just referring to Daihaiseisai with that.