AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Umineko

Notices

Old 2010-12-21, 03:45   Link #20101
Nero Allelujah
The Light that Guides

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kylon99 View Post
I think the idea that people have said the Tea Party is Eva's perspective on the events has some merit. And that EvaB is the Game master, due to her tag line being heard by Lion and Ange.

However, this is what I think. Bernkastel harvested Eva's *biased* perspective in which Eva mis-characterizes Kyrie and Rudolf to a large degree. George is portrayed as innocent (although... hmm.. that scene of him saying how jealous he was was pretty damn suspicious, maybe that was a patched-in source from somewhere else...) But I think as a confession of sorts, she acknowledges that she killed Natsuhi first, although she softens it by saying that was 'an accident.'

I assume what happened in Rokkenjima Prime was that Eva may have published her memoirs posthumously and people now take what she said as nearly the 'flat out truth.' It is so powerful a tale that the real truth maybe being drowned out. And it may take Ange or Battler, or whoever's left to sort it all out again.

Another reason why I think it was Eva's biased point of view, rather than a mystery or another game was that Will's rules seem to be totally ineffective. Although we weren't shown the battle between Will and Bern, it seemed Bern had absolutely no injuries. What I'm thinking is that a 'biased point of view' is not a mystery. The Tea Party was not a mystery and did not conform to any rules, Knox or Dine. And this is why Bern was absolutely confident when she indicated to Will that none of his attacks will hit her. (She was still responsible for putting forth this story though, so if it had been a mystery she would've been in trouble.)
Hmm, now that I think about it, that makes some good sense. I knew it was Eva's perspective, since the "play" began by a fitting line from her.
I didn't dive into too much detail on why Will couldn't harm Bern at all, but your theory would make quite a lot of sense.

Not only this, but in this case Bern would be allowed to use the red truth This is all truth-- seeing as that the context it was taken from was the biased and twisted truth from Eva. This could definitely explain everything there.
Old 2010-12-21, 03:52   Link #20102
Kirroha
Just... disturbed.

Ah, I forgot all about that tag line that Lion and Ange heard! Because the next few scenes were so screwed up I couldn't remember it anymore.

At first I thought the tea party was just a messed up theory that Ange's classmate came up with to spite her. That might also be possible.
Kirroha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-21, 04:19   Link #20103
Swigun
Ars Magica Translator

Probably it's not the right thread to ask the question, but...
the doors of the mansion and those of the guesthouse can be closed from the inside without a key?
Old 2010-12-21, 04:41   Link #20104
Kirroha
Just... disturbed.

Hmm... I don't think those have ever been mentioned. The only ones that are said that could be locked from the inside without a key are the individual rooms.
Old 2010-12-21, 05:45   Link #20105
CrimsonMoonMist

Quote:
Originally Posted by /jp/
Kinzo may be glorifying his story of when he met Beatrice
That would explain that scene which seemed to imply Kinzo was the one who wanted to steal the gold.
CrimsonMoonMist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-21, 05:51   Link #20106
Kirroha
Just... disturbed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrimsonMoonMist View Post
That would explain that scene which seemed to imply Kinzo was the one who wanted to steal the gold.
Yep, I was utterly bewildered when I saw that part. I can't wait for Ep8 to shed some light on all those 'red guts'.
Old 2010-12-21, 07:39   Link #20107
witchfan

I liked that twist quite a bit, too.
witchfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-21, 07:59   Link #20108
Kirroha
Just... disturbed.

The red guts scenes really make me want to know more. D: Ep7 is cruel.
Old 2010-12-21, 08:52   Link #20109
rogerpepitone

Send a message via Yahoo to rogerpepitone
Quote:
Originally Posted by Swigun View Post
Probably it's not the right thread to ask the question, but...
the doors of the mansion and those of the guesthouse can be closed from the inside without a key?
Isn't it mentioned in Episode 3 that the guesthouse can only be locked from the inside? (wrt the disappearance of Krauss and Natsuhi)
rogerpepitone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-21, 08:57   Link #20110
Swigun
Ars Magica Translator

Mmh, I meant the doors of the rooms in the mansion and in the guesthouse :P
Old 2010-12-21, 08:59   Link #20111
Cao Ni Ma

Its because the doors had chains on them, thats why it could have only been done from the inside. So either there was never a chain or latched placed or someone from the inside did it.

Jessica says that Eva left the guest house, murdered her parents, came back in and locked the door. Easy enough solution. Another one would be that Shkanon or someone else outside murdered them, that wouldn't explain who placed the chain back on the door. (Im pretty sure that they witness the door with a chain before leaving)

Another option would be that someone was inside the guest house that the others didn't notice and he placed the latch on before they left to search for Krauss, Natsuhi and George.
Cao Ni Ma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-21, 09:13   Link #20112
Vylen
Apprentice Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swigun View Post
Mmh, I meant the doors of the rooms in the mansion and in the guesthouse :P
From Turn, talking about Jessica's room: The only way to lock this door is with Jessica's single key or the master keys, only one of which is held by each servant

I suspect the same applies to all other rooms with locks. And, well, reading it just like that seems to imply a key is needed to lock the door from the inside.
Vylen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-21, 09:15   Link #20113
Kirroha
Just... disturbed.

Yep, they can all be locked from the inside, with the exception of Kinzo's, which can be locked even from the outside (auto-lock).
Old 2010-12-21, 09:19   Link #20114
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど

I don't think there's any mention of manual locks in the guesthouse, but I guess it's safe to assume they exist, since the Mansion's rooms have them.

Also the Chapel's door is confirmed to have a manual lock on the inside.

Jan-Poo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-21, 09:19   Link #20115
Vylen
Apprentice Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirroha View Post
Yep, they can all be locked from the inside, with the exception of Kinzo's, which can be locked even from the outside (auto-lock).
Yep, and No door with an auto-lock exists other than Kinzo's study!

A bit cumbersome though for doors in your own house (... well, mansion).

Or were locks always like that in the 80's...? I wouldn't really remember since I was only born during that time, heh.
Vylen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-21, 09:24   Link #20116
Kirroha
Just... disturbed.

I wasn't born until 15 years later. I have no idea.
Old 2010-12-21, 09:28   Link #20117
Cao Ni Ma

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jan-Poo View Post
I don't think there's any mention of manual locks in the guesthouse, but I guess it's safe to assume they exist, since the Mansion's rooms have them.

Also the Chapel's door is confirmed to have a manual lock on the inside.
It is impossible to unlock the lock to the chapel without the chapel's key

So you can lock it manually but you can't unlock it manually?
Old 2010-12-21, 09:31   Link #20118
rogerpepitone

Send a message via Yahoo to rogerpepitone
In Episode 1, Nanjo, Kumasawa, Genji, and Maria lock themselves in the parlor without a key.
At the end of Episode 2, Gohda, George, and Shannon unlock the chapel from inside without a key; Gohda locks Natsuhi's room from the inside without a key. (Though these are unobserved. Also, George has the key in the second case.)
rogerpepitone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-21, 09:50   Link #20119
Kirroha
Just... disturbed.

By the way, is it really that impossible for Will to be related to Battler? After all, Battler wasn't there in Lion's world, and Will never even found that weird. And in his profile, it said that he used to be merciless in his work, but something happened. It reminds me of the change in Battler between Ep4 and Ep5 to me.
Old 2010-12-21, 10:07   Link #20120
Cao Ni Ma

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirroha View Post
By the way, is it really that impossible for Will to be related to Battler? After all, Battler wasn't there in Lion's world, and Will never even found that weird. And in his profile, it said that he used to be merciless in his work, but something happened. It reminds me of the change in Battler between Ep4 and Ep5 to me.
Didn't he at one point lamented not being able to ask him questions?