AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Amagami SS

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2010-07-30, 10:52   Link #1
Skyfall
Lost in my dreams...

Character Discussion - Junichi

The purpose of this thread is to provide a place to discuss all things Junichi related.
To keep the discussion enjoyable for all Amagami SS fans, please follow the guidelines below and stay on-topic!
Note: Please don't use this for the specifics (i.e. episode, chapter, game, etc. discussion) there are other threads for that stuff.
Thread Guidelines
  • No campaigning!
    No "hate" or "xyz must die" posts. Discuss why you do or don't like characters without whinging and whining or blatantly campaigning for your favourite.

• Be polite to your fellow forum members.
    Do not insult or harass other members for their likes and dislikes. Do not take it so seriously that you end up in an argument with another forum member because they express a fondness for a character you loathe. Discussion and good spirited banter are always welcome, but harassing people will not be tolerated.

• Discuss, don't chat.
    Please remember that AnimeSuki is a discussion forum, not a chat room, there is a difference. If you wish to chat, then please make use of our IRC channel.

• Have fun, but post intelligently.
    It's great to have fun, but please try your best to add substance to what you post and make your thoughts interesting for the generation of fans that will follow after you’re long gone and on to watching some other series.

• Use Spoiler tags!
    Spoilers are allowed, but they must be enclosed in spoiler tags clearly marked with a proper title. Failure to do this can result in a BAN.

• Adding a Spoiler tag:
      Just highlight your spoiler and click the button found on the "Quick Reply" and "Reply to Thread" forms. Make sure that you include a title for the spoiler!

• Please use the Report button if you see any spoilers:
      Click the button found to the left of the post, just under the poster's avatar. Using the Report button is anonymous and helps the Moderators to locate and deal with problems quickly.

• Posting prohibited spoilers may result in a ban.
      Note: Reporting a post does not mean the poster will be banned instantly. The Moderators will use bans if warnings are repeatedly ignored.
Old 2010-08-01, 21:38   Link #2
Pocky Yoshi
Disabled By Request

My opinion on this guy......He's full of win. His personality is very likable. So far we know he thinks and expresses honestly. He can be bold at times, but that's very admirable. To make things better, we get to see him as a character(different sides yet same package). Meaning, we'll learn something new with him as each arc passes. So I'll be rooting for Junichi to do his thing.
Old 2010-08-01, 23:07   Link #3
ZhangKhaiEn
張凱恩

Personally, I'm rooting for more Junichi x closet action, but hey, I'll take what I can get.

I mean, how will we really get to know him if he's always energetic and happy and pervy?
Wishing for depressed moe~
Old 2010-08-01, 23:17   Link #4
coolasj19
TSG : Gaming For A Cause

Real to life teenager. Thats the highest praise you can give. He may be a bit bold. But, thats , like said before , to be admired. I'm rooting for him.
Old 2010-08-02, 01:03   Link #5
Mazryonh

Y'know, I was hoping for Junichi to be voiced by Jun Fukuyama, since he's famous for voicing Takaaki Kouno and not winning any of the girls despite all the anime episodes and OVAs made for To Heart 2. Since I like the combination of Jun Fukuyama and Shizuka Itou (in To Heart 2 and XXXholic), it would have been nice to see them play a couple who get together in the end, something that has not been the case for either of those two series.
Old 2010-08-02, 06:02   Link #6
jaykaylol

Reminds me of myself when I was a teenager. D:
Old 2010-08-02, 16:14   Link #7
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

I'll be very interested in seeing how Junichi evolves over the course of the arcs. The girls will obviously be different - but how different will Junichi be? I assume they'll all draw something different from his personality, but througout he needs to behave as if he's the same kid for this to be realistic. It's a tough balancing act for the production team.

As for the first act, I liked Junichi a lot. At first I was suspicious he was a stereotypical male lead, and a bit mopey - but that quickly changed. While Haruka was both older and operating at a much higher social status, he wss the agressor in their relationship - which he had to do while still being the "puppy" that she found irresistible. Very clever lad, Junichi, for the way he pulled that off.
Old 2010-08-08, 20:07   Link #8
GundamZZ
残念美人

He must be also be good looking enough. If any guy tries Junichi's stunt in real life, his reputation may be ruined. Typical girl may thinks he's a pervert.

Well, it's the inside joke of his character: hentai shinshi (perverted gentleman).
Old 2010-08-08, 20:40   Link #9
jorez
but the kid is not my son

Send a message via MSN to jorez
I'm displeased with his voice. Sometimes it's good, sometimes it's just not the time to do these ass voices. The character is good, although he likes to kiss in really weird places...

Old 2010-08-09, 05:15   Link #10
sgwc
I'm just a support char..

Until ep 6, I consider Junichi as someone who react differently towards 3 brackets of girls.

bracket 1, Senpai or dignified people [Haruka & Tsukasa]:
Junichi will act kinda shy. It is like he aims for Haruka/Tsukasa but somehow maintain a set of principles as to not piss Haruka/Tsukasa off. Often help Haruka/Tsukasa in their pleads or chores.

bracket 2, classmate or girls of the same age [Kaoru & Rihoko]:
Friendly and likes to tease Kaoru and Rihoko a lot with nasty remarks.

bracket 3, little sister [Miya] or kouhais [Sae & Ai]
He cherishes or adores them like a brother would. Example would be in ep 2 where Miya and Haruka met for the 2nd time. Miya runs away and Junichi chase after her instead of staying with Haruka. With Ai and Sae, Junichi will lead them in their relationship [mostly with Sae].

Please don't take this post as a fact. It's just based from my observation from ep 1 to ep 6 plus the 3 ongoing mangas.
Old 2010-08-09, 20:40   Link #11
Suzuku
(`・⊝・´)/\(`・⊝・´)

^ I agree with this to an extent. I think he's going to be a bit different in every arc depending on the character archetype of the girls. For instance, in the Haruka arc, he acted like a love sick puppy who would follow whatever orders his master gave him due to Haruka being the "Admirable senpai" archetype. Now in this Kaoru arc, he's acting more loose and relaxed since Kaoru and he are on equal footing, being middle school "bad" friends and whatnot. IMO Sae's arc will probably be the most interesting one in terms of Junichi's character since ideally he would take more of a leadership position than in any of the other arcs due to her being a shy kouhai (Ai is a bit too outspoken lol).
Old 2010-08-10, 01:42   Link #12
Divini
Senpai!

I like this guy because he keeps it real... he's not wimpy nor overly brave, he knows how to have fun and mess around with friends, gets shy around girls he admires, and has perverted thoughts like most guys his age would.

It makes a male viewer who's gone through high school life to relate to him very well.
Old 2010-09-24, 09:52   Link #13
grandchaosSR
Servant of the Void

Junichi is the man!!!

Finally!!! We have a male anime lead that is not emo or a bumbling idiot and actually have the balls to talk to a girl.
Old 2010-09-24, 09:55   Link #14
DJLowrider
Ahou ga

Quote:
Originally Posted by grandchaosSR View Post
Junichi is the man!!!

Finally!!! We have a male anime lead that is not emo or a bumbling idiot and actually have the balls to talk to a girl.
You're either trolling or not watching the same show everyone else is watching. I'm gonna put good money on the former of those two possibilities here.
Old 2010-09-24, 10:13   Link #15
BetoJR
A blast from the past
*Artist

He is not wrong, tho. The only rendition of him that I particularly disliked was during Sae's arc.

Old 2010-09-24, 10:18   Link #16
Gault
inc_mplete

He's a Douchebag but you can't help but love him

Thats How I would describe him
Old 2010-09-24, 10:22   Link #17
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

This thread might actually be rather hard to have discussions in because, as the first three arcs have shown, the Junichi in each is essentially a different character from his other iterations, which makes discussion of a singular consistent "Junichi" rather... difficult?
Old 2010-09-24, 10:24   Link #18
BetoJR
A blast from the past
*Artist

I'd say impossible.

Nonetheless, I only disliked him over time in Sae's arc. The Junichi of the first two arcs was a very nice fellow, indeed.

Old 2010-09-24, 10:24   Link #19
DJLowrider
Ahou ga

I'll concede the part about being able to talk to girls, but let's break the other two points down.

Emo - He's still obsessing over being stood up on a date two years ago. He turned his closet into a second bedroom/planetarium for himself that he crawls into to hide, which he did in the very first episode of the series. Pretty textbook emo behavior.

Bumbling idiot - Seriously, are you guys watching the same series? In Haruka's arc and Sae's arc he was a consummate tool. His initial interactions with Ai were due to him being fairly foolish as well.

All this said, Junichi does redeem himself (usually) towards the end of the story arcs and mans up decently well. But claiming he's not emo or a bumbling idiot is a gross mis-characterization.
Old 2010-09-24, 10:27   Link #20
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

I guess he's likable because he IS a bumbling idiot? Which is ironically how every male starts out towards girls in high school anyway.

At least when he isn't a TOTAL bumbling idiot (and perverted).
Closed Thread