AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2012-10-18, 21:50   Link #781
Lantern
<(゜∀。)

Official Announcement on 10/19:

http://kokoro-connect.com/news/

The live screening event will take place between 11/19~11/25.

Looks like the rest of us will need to wait for the BD/DVD release. Sigh.

The irony though, is that you still gotta pay for those extra episodes (the screening tickets.)

Whatever. I'll busy myself with the novels.

Hoping to finish Michi by Halloween.

Last edited by Lantern; 2012-10-18 at 22:14.
Lantern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-19, 01:13   Link #782
chancs

This series is also now started in Spanish at BT
chancs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-21, 10:49   Link #783
fidelbuds10

To the Hard-Working Translator on Baka-Tsuki, i dont know who you are but ill say good job!

Anyway i really need to restraint myself from reading Volume 4 until the translation is finish.

*Prays that Volume 4 gets finish sooner.*
fidelbuds10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-05, 16:52   Link #784
y0shi

So I just finished the anime and now Im once again stuck with a show that is half done and will be finished god knows when, if ever. So anyone kind enough to tell what additional material there is / if it will ever be released in english / if I can read the novel somewhere / etc etc?

Kinda afraid of getting spoilered, thats why Im asking. I know there are 5 more novels out and apparently there are russian italian and spanish translation. So there has to be an english one right? And there is a manga as well? And will there ever be a second season?

Thanks for helping me, Im kinda confused :P

~ I'll hold your hand if you hold mine ~
~ The time that we kill keeps us alive ~
y0shi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-05, 17:15   Link #785
Lantern
<(゜∀。)

Quote:
Originally Posted by y0shi View Post
So I just finished the anime and now Im once again stuck with a show that is half done and will be finished god knows when, if ever. So anyone kind enough to tell what additional material there is / if it will ever be released in english / if I can read the novel somewhere / etc etc?

Kinda afraid of getting spoilered, thats why Im asking. I know there are 5 more novels out and apparently there are russian italian and spanish translation. So there has to be an english one right? And there is a manga as well? And will there ever be a second season?

Thanks for helping me, Im kinda confused :P
English translation at Baka Tsuki
Volume 4 progress ON THE SITE is at 23% of chapter 7 at the moment.

The remaining parts of chapter 7 as well as chapter 8, 9 and Epilogue will be updated in these two days (I'm almost done with it.)
Old 2012-11-06, 19:56   Link #786
frivolity
My posts are frivolous

Woooooooooooooot!! Even though I knew the ending after having browsed through the Chinese version, it was still a good read in English. Thanks for the translation!
frivolity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-06, 20:56   Link #787
Lantern
<(゜∀。)

Your welcome! I hope my awkward Engrish didn't ruin the reading. I had a bit of trouble translating some parts of chapter 7 (and many others) into natural Englsih due to language differences and my lack of training in English.

Anyway,

For English readers.

Volume 4, Michi Random has been officially completed and translated! Otsukaresama deshita!

Sorry for the awful delay guys!

Hurricane on the East coast last week + Translator's block on ch.7 kinda ruined my progress

Anyway. The next part I'm working on will be Pentagon++, the fourth short story of Volume 5 Clip time, as well as the direct continuation of Michi Random which introduces two new important characters. 128 pages here I come!
Old 2012-11-08, 00:07   Link #788
yu3

I check the LN in baka-tsuki and saw that vol. 4 is already done! Thanks Lantern! I'm really happy! Yay!

Oh yeah, what happen to Pudding? He don't want to translate anymore? :C Also, can you make the file into pdf? hehehehe.. You see, I want to read it in my mobile. If thats okay... ^_^
yu3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-08, 00:23   Link #789
Lantern
<(゜∀。)

Quote:
Originally Posted by yu3 View Post
I check the LN in baka-tsuki and saw that vol. 4 is already done! Thanks Lantern! I'm really happy! Yay!

Oh yeah, what happen to Pudding? He don't want to translate anymore? :C Also, can you make the file into pdf? hehehehe.. You see, I want to read it in my mobile. If thats okay... ^_^
Heya.

Pudding said he was going to be busy with school and could only participate on BT as an editor until next May.

About the pdf, I'm afraid I'm not the man for that job. Not to mention I still need to do quite a bit of revising (trust me, my translations are littered with glaring grammatical errors and flow awkwardness ,) so I'll need a bit of time. So if you could bear with my personal OCD for a bit, once it's done, I'll see if I can ask arcxyz to help us out with the pdf.
Old 2012-11-08, 09:30   Link #790
fidelbuds10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lantern View Post
Your welcome! I hope my awkward Engrish didn't ruin the reading. I had a bit of trouble translating some parts of chapter 7 (and many others) into natural Englsih due to language differences and my lack of training in English.

Anyway,

For English readers.

Volume 4, Michi Random has been officially completed and translated! Otsukaresama deshita!

Sorry for the awful delay guys!

Hurricane on the East coast last week + Translator's block on ch.7 kinda ruined my progress

Anyway. The next part I'm working on will be Pentagon++, the fourth short story of Volume 5 Clip time, as well as the direct continuation of Michi Random which introduces two new important characters. 128 pages here I come!
Finally!!! Thank you Good Job!

@Lantern
Here is a message from me and my best friend:

Quote:
[ Love you so much. Love you and love you. Love you. Love you. Love you. In love with you. Loving you. Love you. ]
And Thank you!!! x 9000

It was really a great choice that i have watch the anime and read the novel. Its so good! Now im just gonna make a long wait for the volume and volume 4 animated.

Last edited by fidelbuds10; 2012-11-08 at 12:41.
fidelbuds10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-10, 17:21   Link #791
Lantern
<(゜∀。)

Special Thanks to Shii666 on BakaTsuki for making and uploading the pdf for Kako and Michi
Old 2012-11-12, 00:13   Link #792
kamiyan89

agree with fidelbuds10, i love you , thanks for your hard work.
kamiyan89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-15, 08:41   Link #793
s07195
However,

Quote:
Heya.

Pudding said he was going to be busy with school and could only participate on BT as an editor until next May.
I'm in the same form (grade) as Pudding, so I know the situation he's in.
The HKDSE is a b****, but it's for university, and we have 3 years of curriculum to study for, so...

I'll try my best. But after (if) I finish translating Kizu Random, I don't think Clip Time (SS1) or the rest have come out in Chinese yet...

Also, checked back to the Yochi Random website, and...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=x7JgEhTAEb8

WTF?!
Old 2012-11-15, 10:30   Link #794
Lantern
<(゜∀。)

Quote:
Originally Posted by s07195 View Post
I don't think Clip Time (SS1) or the rest have come out in Chinese yet...
Actually, Clip Time, Nise and the first 5 chapters of Yume have already been translated in Chinese.
Old 2012-11-15, 22:14   Link #795
s07195
However,

Oh, you mean the internet-translated version. I was actually talking about the official release (I like buying the official version of franchises I like), but if those are okay too, then I guess I'll work on those also (after Kizu Random, I mean).
Old 2012-11-16, 01:59   Link #796
Lantern
<(゜∀。)

Quote:
Originally Posted by s07195 View Post
Oh, you mean the internet-translated version. I was actually talking about the official release (I like buying the official version of franchises I like), but if those are okay too, then I guess I'll work on those also (after Kizu Random, I mean).
Internet translations are fine. In fact there are parts where they are actually slightly more accurate (I have quite a few complains with the official Michi's translation), while sacrificing some of the flow, which means you do need to do some juggling with words on your own. That being said, having both versions is a plus as you can compare them and adjust accordingly.
Old 2012-11-17, 12:06   Link #797
Lantern
<(゜∀。)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teh_Ping View Post
Top 10 ranking of Kono Light Novel ga Sugoi:

1. Sword Art Online 290.70
2. Toaru Majutsu no Index 161.60
3. Hero of the Six Flowers 121.43 (Not adapted into anime)

4. Baka Test 116.28
5. Oreimo 107.19
6. My youth romantic comedy is wrong as I expected 94.36 (Not adapated into anime)
7. Durarara 86.02
8. Shinonome Yuuko 82.90 (no anime that I know of)
9. Sakurada Reset 79.90 (no idea of anime)
10. Genesis Series Kyoukai Senjou no Horizon 77.82

11. Accel World
12. Mahouka.
13. Mirror of Heaven Alderamin
14. Bento.
15. Kokoro Connect
16. No Game No Life
17. Haganai.
18. Kino no Tabi.
19. Seitokai series
20. Nourin
I'm a bit late. Though I must say I'm actually quite surprised kokoroco is still hanging in there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
Kono Light Novel ga Sugoi! character ranking:
Now I'm really surprised
Didn't expect Inaban could rank that high (not that I'm complaining.)
Old 2012-11-17, 13:49   Link #798
ion475
にこにこにー

Quote:
Didn't expect Inaban could rank that high (not that I'm complaining.)
The gap between Inaban and Biribiri/Asuna is still pretty huge...

Not huge surprise that she jumped Niku and Kuroneko anyway. Not huge difference between girls after 2nd place anyway (Kamimemo don't have a new volume the whole year = no Alice ). I have to search the exact number again (It's somewhere on the net...the 2ch post doesn't have it yet and I can't see from the scan).

[OT]Kuroyukihime jumps more anyway from 23rd to 4th this year. Shinon from 12th to 7th, Kirino drop a place, Yozora stays at 10th...

On the other hand, Haganai LN drops quite a bit, but then, there's only 1 volume the whole year...[/OT]
Old 2012-11-17, 17:55   Link #799
Lantern
<(゜∀。)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ion475 View Post
The gap between Inaban and Biribiri/Asuna is still pretty huge...

Not huge surprise that she jumped Niku and Kuroneko anyway. Not huge difference between girls after 2nd place anyway (Kamimemo don't have a new volume the whole year = no Alice ). I have to search the exact number again (It's somewhere on the net...the 2ch post doesn't have it yet and I can't see from the scan).

[OT]Kuroyukihime jumps more anyway from 23rd to 4th this year. Shinon from 12th to 7th, Kirino drop a place, Yozora stays at 10th...

On the other hand, Haganai LN drops quite a bit, but then, there's only 1 volume the whole year...[/OT]
lol...

There's no competing with those first two places. Reason why it surprises me is that I didn't expect kokoroco to have enough of a fanbase to even have any characters up there when compared to other ones like Oreimo or Boku wa Tomodachi sukunai (just look at the amount of discussions in different language forums.)

I believe Teh Ping posted those votes/scores in
this thread.
Old 2012-11-17, 18:03   Link #800
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:

There's no competing with those first two places. Reason why it surprises me is that I didn't expect kokoroco to have enough of a fanbase to even have any characters up there when compared to other ones like Oreimo or Boku wa Tomodachi sukunai (just look at the amount of discussions in different language forums.)
Dereban was 6th place last year before the Anime had aired, so she definitely had a foothold in the top ten already. You might be intersted to know that the Illustrator for Kokoro Connect, Shiromizakana won 4th place this year.

A bit of trivia, it was only this year that I found out that last year's ranking puts Taichi barely on the edge at 30th for Male characters category

btw, if you want to know the full top 60 list, I've posted it here
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
romance, shounen