AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Reviews & Recommendations

Notices

Old 2011-10-22, 15:50   Link #101
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Yeah, I already said that Index may not be your cup-of-tea due to the fantasy-action nature of it. Even though it is a harem anime disguised by a heavy plot.

I guess you need to go back to my post #89 where I suggest Kiss x Sis (or Sekirei is also cool) for a more lighthearted ecchi-harem.

Edit: I do tell you to watch that Index OP just for you to know the 'big-picture' of this series, right? That would've save your precious time if you did so .

Last edited by Obelisk ze Tormentor; 2011-10-22 at 16:28.
Obelisk ze Tormentor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-22, 16:40   Link #102
Undertaker

I had a feeling that might be the case, but since you said you like Shana, I thought it might have a shot and story-wise it really was better than Shana IMO.

I'll say that Sekirei, Ichiban Ushiro no Daimaou, Asobi no Ikuyo are more of you thing and I'll add Sora no Otoshimono, a series Obelisk mentioned, to the list, considering the you seem ok with To-Love's fantasy setting. After these, you'l probably have to starting looking at older titles that are at least 3 years old.

I would actually suggest you start with Baka to Test to Shokanju if you are looking for more of school-life, light romance anime. There are various paring in the series and is incredibly fun. The only reason I said it was similar to TWGOK, was more because of the way the comedy was implemented and it's overall feel. For example, both series are perverted in some way but there's not as much fan service (panty shots, grab tits,etc) as other romantic comedy.... And if this is Ok, I'll also suggest Denpa Onna to Seishun Otoko and Hayate no Gotoku as well. Especially Hayate no Gotoku, it's pretty much Ladies v.s. Butler with less tit-grabs or bare tits. While Denpa Onna shows how a guy tries to live his teenage live to its fullest and the romance and relation that sprout form it.
Old 2011-10-22, 17:21   Link #103
Classified Info
I miss Haruhi

Ye, actually shana was okay for me until i noticed there was no developing; indeed i dropped it at half of the second series, because it bored me.

There have been animes like Amagami SS, LvsB and To love Ru that kinda contained what i was looking for.

I'm at ep5 of sekirei, and i'm enjoying it. I'd say that the new tags of my topic would be Ecchi/Romance/School life, with a good male figure and loads of fanservice.

Ichiban is already on the list, right after sekirei. I'll add Sora no otoshimono to the list aswell. Anyways, i'm okay with animes comings from 2007-8. I don't like 80/90's animes, due to their graphic/hair styles etc.
Classified Info is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-22, 18:00   Link #104
Undertaker

Well, compare to Sekirai basically Baka, Denpa and Hayate has less ecchi but more school life and all three are good series, so take for what its worth.

I don't know it you following current-airing series. If so, then Boku wa Tomodachi ga Sukunai and Ben-to would be the ones for you to follow this season.
Old 2011-10-22, 22:15   Link #105
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Yeah, check out the titles that Undertaker give you first and KissxSis. After that, if you run out of option, you may want to go back to the anime in early 2000s.

Here’s some examples:
Spoiler for Onegai! Teacher:

Spoiler for Onegai! Twins:

Spoiler for Maburaho:
Old 2011-10-22, 23:42   Link #106
Undertaker

Maburaho, definitely try that, you'll like it.

Onegai series is pretty great as well I'll even throw in Ah! My Goddess since you seem OK with fantasy setting as long as there is no robots or futuristic weapon. BTW, as added bonus, both series' got killer OSTs.
Old 2011-10-23, 03:39   Link #107
Classified Info
I miss Haruhi

From the screenshots i just cannot pass over Onegai series. Added, and already got in top priority, in my list. From the SS i can deduce the school setting, and the girls are also cute, beside that they don't have 80's hairstyles, so they are totally fine. Will check them after Sekirei. Added maburaho aswell, that will come after onegai series and ichiban, since from the SS it appears a bit too haremish (meaning that all the girls seem to love the main guy without no pride, like "he's mine, no mine, no i fuck him, no i suck him" etc. As i said i don't like the easy things for the guy, and To love Ru was kinda at the limits of it, but there was a main triangle all the way, so it was okay.)

I'll have to skip the current going animes, because i have 0 patience, and would get incredibly mad if i had to wait for a sequel. Just so you know, animes like Haruhi Suzumiya, stopped at the 5 book of the novel, and i had to read the remaining 6, because i was just too curious. But this was because the anime caught me. Wouldn't have done something like this for another one. ZnT didn't end aswell, but the relation was already settled, you know from the 2nd series that the two really love each other, so it was fine even if it didn't end.

Anyways, i'm okay with any setting (beside mecha/postapocalyptic background), as far as the main theme is the relation between two teenagers (16+ preferable), in the school background, and there are no animal/human hybrids, like cat girls. I also cannot stand huge elven ears or weird symbols in the forehead (See DearS and the other one with the pink haired girl coming from another world). I can accept succubus tails, like in R+V or To love Ru. Especially in the latter, touching the tail gave some sort of orgasm @ girl, so it was totally fine hahaha.

Once again i have to remind you that i'm looking for animes that will remind me school days, i don't care about action/battles at the moment, unless they are only a minimal part of the anime. That's my current state.

PS
To love Ru was borderline hentai imo, even more than Ladies vs butlers. That was extremely good.

EDIT
finished sekirei, and noticed there was a second series. Anyways, i'm too curious of onegai teacher, so i will posticipate Sekirei pure engament. Anyways, enjoyed it.

Last edited by Classified Info; 2011-10-23 at 07:26.
Old 2011-10-23, 20:33   Link #108
Undertaker

Maburaho is not exactly pure harem per say. The Harem aspect is actually developed during the series. Other than the main girl, the others all have ulterior motive for approaching him.

Ah! My Goddess is great, it also deals a lot with school live (though it's about College/University live). The main character is very easy to sub in. While it's not ecchi, it has a very calm, steady romance feel to it. It's one of the longest and popular running manga ATM. The anime is a great adaption that captures the essence of the series.

You'll love Onegai series, it one of the classic in the early 00s'
Old 2011-10-24, 00:40   Link #109
Classified Info
I miss Haruhi

Before i go, i would be pleased if you continued the discussion here http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=107800

cya wednesday (PS read pm)
Old 2013-05-29, 15:14   Link #110
Dutchlad

Sorry for gravedigging, i googled because i was looking for some new fun anime that were a bit more unknown then the mainstream stuff like naruto, bleach etc etc etc.

Then i found this forum thread, seriously...

Ode to the person who made this thread and ode to the people responding.
You really really have made the past month totally awesome with these anime.
And im not even halfway the list, heck im not even close.

Mayoi neko overrun was awesome, Zero no tsukaima even better, and omg.. i cant even remember all these titles ive watched so far xD

Either way, once again, my thanks go out to you guys, i hope your all still forum active and reading this ^^

Edit: Btw, i did see some people asking for a good harem anime, so the gravedigging might not be too bad? xD
Dutchlad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-01, 14:17   Link #111
Classified Info
I miss Haruhi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutchlad View Post
Sorry for gravedigging, i googled because i was looking for some new fun anime that were a bit more unknown then the mainstream stuff like naruto, bleach etc etc etc.

Then i found this forum thread, seriously...

Ode to the person who made this thread and ode to the people responding.
You really really have made the past month totally awesome with these anime.
And im not even halfway the list, heck im not even close.

Mayoi neko overrun was awesome, Zero no tsukaima even better, and omg.. i cant even remember all these titles ive watched so far xD

Either way, once again, my thanks go out to you guys, i hope your all still forum active and reading this ^^

Edit: Btw, i did see some people asking for a good harem anime, so the gravedigging might not be too bad? xD
The list continues here http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=107800 ; check the main post and you'll find the titles that have been suggested, with a personal rating next to them (the rating concerns only my view on the anime; it's not an objective rating) in that topic. No need to go through 40 pages of suggestions.

If you have hard times pinpointing the harem/tsundere ones, let me know.

I take the chance to thank again all the ones who've been suggesting those titles; i really had a lot of fun.
Old 2014-03-10, 21:48   Link #112
senjougahara-sama

Well, I read all the posts in the last couple of hours. Quite a lot i gotta say.
But sincerely, I'm a bit sad, that there was no Anime suggested to be like Bakemonogatari. The initial reason why I read through this gigantic wall of text :'(
Just because you first wanted an anime series that was involving romance and a tsundere female character I didn't give in to all the echi stuff. *sigh*
In my opinion it's kinda hard to find something similar, so i thought I might find something hidden here. Maybe I missed something. I'm not responding to the new thread on purpose, because the topic is far off from what I'm locking for.

TL;DR: Need some Drama/Romance/Mature Anime similar to Bakemonogatari without Ecchi/Fanservice.

PS. Neko-chan kawaii desu-ne! :/
senjougahara-sama is offline   Reply With Quote