AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2011-06-16, 03:49   Link #381
tsunade666

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marina2 View Post
I don't care how, but if this anime can give me Ibuki's ending, I will list it as one of my favorite harem anime. ^^

Not that I don't like Ui.......... I just prefer Ibuki more.
Ibuki has more character into her so I prefer her more than Ui. Though that's highly unlikely to happen with an Ibuki ending. But I like the idea of Ibuki ending.
Old 2011-06-16, 05:46   Link #382
kaigan
Segmentation fault

Spoiler:

madoka was the first girl introduced then she was...

anyways, madoka has seemingly the wrong (i hope) impression of kazuma liking ui (overnight at the inn and the recent ep). ui has the impression of kazuma liking ibuki (beach ep, viewing platform walking together, change in name calling). and ibuki seems to be aware of madoka and ui's romantic feelings.

i want to be hopeful for madoka still. well, ibuki too. i'm still confused which to support since they both have good back stories. but please, not ui...
kaigan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-16, 05:59   Link #383
tsunade666

many people really don't like bland Ui....

It's just her reasons are to bland for me to like her. But I like energetic girl though not the gluttonous one. They eat your wallet inside out. Reminds me of annoying girl characters that usually drags the MC saying "I'm hungry" leaving the guy with no options than to accompany her to eat.
Old 2011-06-16, 06:07   Link #384
kaigan
Segmentation fault

^ sorry, not intended to disappoint anyone

i just feel ui's story is a little weak. even koyorin's seems to be more colorful since her first impression is not that good.
Old 2011-06-16, 06:29   Link #385
Xero8420
Ashigara's master

Whew. Managed to catch up with the series. Although I made a promise that I'll watch it, but I ended up tarried for too long. Dang... I missed the fun in here.

Spoiler for Well... Episode 10...:

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaigan View Post
Spoiler:

madoka was the first girl introduced then she was...

anyways, madoka has seemingly the wrong (i hope) impression of kazuma liking ui (overnight at the inn and the recent ep). ui has the impression of kazuma liking ibuki (beach ep, viewing platform walking together, change in name calling). and ibuki seems to be aware of madoka and ui's romantic feelings.

i want to be hopeful for madoka still. well, ibuki too. i'm still confused which to support since they both have good back stories. but please, not ui...
Although "that" has already happened, but there's still a hope, even though the chance is slim. All we can do is just hoping for a miracle.

Ibuki end isn't bad at all. But... It's not that I don't like Ui, it's just that her childish, airheaded yet energetic personality are just too much for me. She could be like an ordinary person.

Still, I doubt that they might set up a "predictable" ending. But fear not, there's always hope.
*Ugh, that "first girl wins" liberalism...*

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunade666 View Post
many people really don't like bland Ui....

It's just her reasons are to bland for me to like her. But I like energetic girl though not the gluttonous one. They eat your wallet inside out. Reminds me of annoying girl characters that usually drags the MC saying "I'm hungry" leaving the guy with no options than to accompany her to eat.
Spoiler for Her???:
Xero8420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-16, 06:56   Link #386
mangatron
worshipping the pantyhose

Episode 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xero8420 View Post
Dang... I missed the fun in here.
Oh, you didn't miss the fun. The mangatron strikes again!

Spoiler for mangatronism:

On a lighter note, Koyori joins my harem, as she has such lovely twintails this ep!

But then it's like.... man, I really felt sad for Madoka. I mean, how many times do manga and anime and eroge show us that, girls do not remember promises that long just cause, and I can't help but feel bad that... when they made that promise when they were kids, it was "Friends forever" instead "together forever" or "lovers forever" *runs*

I didn't really like the lack of Hina, but we had her a lot last time, so...

But what the heck, the whole Ui ending is becoming so obvious now, since I know this series doesn't end at 11 eps and I really know that they're not going to trash Ui after all that "her not giving a straight answer" to both Madoka and Ibuki" thing.

Like others, I like the idea of an Ibuki ending, but like usual, that may not happen... like the nade said, Hina preferred her family over Kaz, Tsumugi is into the zombie (didn't think "the zombie" would catch on), and Kasane is a meddler, Koyori would rather kick Kaz, Ibuki and Ui are the only ones left who need to be cleared up. If you ask me, "calling by first name" > "Accidental kissu"
mangatron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-16, 07:15   Link #387
KyriaL
You are Reading this!

Some great scenes in this episode, Madoka has solidified her rank in my list as my favourite out of all.

And midway through the episode, Kazuma opened a potential yandere route, if not for the ending...
KyriaL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-16, 07:16   Link #388
Xero8420
Ashigara's master

Quote:
Originally Posted by mangatron View Post
Spoiler for mangatronism:

I hope it wouldn't be the "Nice Boat" ending.
Old 2011-06-16, 07:19   Link #389
Zakoo

I don't know if they really reflected on their choice but Madoka "in the anime", seeing the character developement, was the only good choice.

Seriously, I never was so pissed by an anime, there's limit at how an harem anime should be sad.
Zakoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-16, 07:33   Link #390
tsunade666

Quote:

Spoiler for Her???:
Not just her. it's some kind of trope. The gluttonous type that eats away your wallet isn't just my type... okay their might be a twist but they are less appealing to me.

Added to the point that Ui's story is story is too bland for my taste and her reasons or excuse are just childish for me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mangatron View Post
But then it's like.... man, I really felt sad for Madoka. I mean, how many times do manga and anime and eroge show us that, girls do not remember promises that long just cause, and I can't help but feel bad that... when they made that promise when they were kids, it was "Friends forever" instead "together forever" or "lovers forever" *runs*
chased down tron

Promise are meant to be kept or fulfilled

though I like the idea of Kami about childhood friends and promise adds more points on it.

Though I can't blame Kazuma for forgetting. I also forgets my friends when I was young... or rather I was turn into ignore list when they grew up. I wonder why it turn that way.

Childhood times are the things that should be treasure and remember because it won't come back again. It will only serves as memories of the past on how you grew old. And I myself don't have many things to remember aside sitting in front of my computer.

I don't know who's fault it is but maybe the setting but Kazuma and Madoka didn't keep in touch with each other. And that makes easy for baka kazuma to forget about the promise. But what irritates me is the beginning of the anime showing that flashback but turn into piles of ashes or thrown to the river by this episode. Well even before this episode I have already hints of Ui's ending with lots of screen time for her in the earlier part of the anime but still I didn't care. Just remembering akasaka gives me hope. But my illusions was shattered when madoka get bad ending.

Two episode left. And I will cheer for Ibuki. Go GIRL!

Hey Tron don't go stealing Koyori!
Old 2011-06-16, 07:49   Link #391
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyfall View Post
After all, we still have two 'contenders' left in the race for Kazuma's heart, and one should be taking the stage next week.
Not if we can think Ibuki's time was already up at episode 8 (ie. she's the first girl shot down).

Quote:
And color me a bit bewildered about some of the comments regarding Kazuma here While one can feel sorry for Madoka indeed, having been friendzoned as she did, Kazuma has hardly done anything inappropriate on his part. As far as male leads go he hasn't been too bad, aside from his ... discomfiting fascination all things Ayumu related.
But... but... whenever the harem male lead doesn't choose the girl we want him to end up with he's supposed to be with, we must gather our pitchforks and torches! It's only the proper reaction, you know.

Yes its YOU childhood friend - source of BERZERKER RAGE since forever
Childhood Friend couple STATISTICS(spoilers abound though)
DragoonKain3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-16, 08:36   Link #392
Xero8420
Ashigara's master

I agree the part of Ui is being childish in the 'bland' way. But... why her?! If her backgrounds are so 'bland', then why her ending will likely to be "so predictable"?! By following the stereotype of the VN.

And, it is also the one of the reasons why I dislike the namby-pamby "first girl wins" typical trend.

*sigh* But seriously, it's the way they plotted the storyline which made Kazuma look like an idiot in the anime.

*KAZ, YOU MORON! WHAT WERE YOU THINKING?! ARGH!! DAAAMMIIIIT!!!! WHY CAN'T YOU REMEMBER?!! * But... can't help it, though...

And NO! My illusions aren't shattered just yet! I ain't giving it up yet! I know there's still a one shot left in a few episodes left!
Old 2011-06-16, 09:00   Link #393
Salt
the cynic

I should not have come to the forums ...

Now I'm depressed.
Old 2011-06-16, 09:26   Link #394
tsunade666

Quote:

*KAZ, YOU MORON! WHAT WERE YOU THINKING?! ARGH!! DAAAMMIIIIT!!!! WHY CAN'T YOU REMEMBER?!! * But... can't help it, though...

And NO! My illusions aren't shattered just yet! I ain't giving it up yet! I know there's still a one shot left in a few episodes left!
Yours, mine and every Madoka fans. Our illusions are already shattered by the time Madoka let go of the promise flower ring. Letting it flow in the river. It's actually yelling BAD END! try again for TRUE END
Old 2011-06-16, 09:29   Link #395
kaigan
Segmentation fault

i think madoka still has a chance. the hat was explained and made kazuma remember her. however, i don't remember the significance of the ring being explained aside from madoka turning her hand over and over. a promise perhaps? maybe kazuma is on the other side of the river ready to pick up the ring. why, this is the symbol of our bond/love. *so desperate*
Old 2011-06-16, 09:34   Link #396
tsunade666

well using the usual thing/tropes.

Ring from childhood or past always represents future. Going by Kami's knowledge of childhood friends as future partners. The promise from before should bloom. But like Kami. Kazuma forgets about Madoka <.< I understand Kami but Kazuma....... how can you forget a girl back then when your always alone she was the one who plays with you. He forget it all for the sake of the zombie.... okay that explains it.

FORGET ABOUT UI ENDING>>>>>>>>>>>>> WE WILL GET A SUPER TROLL ENDING OF ...............................THE ZOMBIE okay I don't want to be banned.

IT"S (what was his name again?) THE LITTLE BROTHER ENDING!!!

LITTLE BROTHER WITH HINA AND TSUMUGI BY HIS SIDE >< while Kazuma in a leash.

Damn zombie!!!
Old 2011-06-16, 09:44   Link #397
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

Kami, as in The World God Only Knows? I thought Tenri ain't here yet (if I'm wrong, do correct me on what episode; I'm skipping it till she's there). But that's neither here nor there... wrong forum. XD

@Salt
Better you learn from forums rather than watch episode yourself, I guess? I dunno.

@Kaigan
Yep, it's the ONLY chance she has left. And for that to happen, we need Kazuma to blurt out Madoka here and there next episode in front of Ui. So yeah... what are the odds?

Yes its YOU childhood friend - source of BERZERKER RAGE since forever
Childhood Friend couple STATISTICS(spoilers abound though)
DragoonKain3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-16, 09:48   Link #398
Xero8420
Ashigara's master

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunade666 View Post
Yours, mine and every Madoka fans. Our illusions are already shattered by the time Madoka let go of the promise flower ring. Letting it flow in the river. It's actually yelling BAD END! try again for TRUE END
Still, I refuse to believe it is over. They may be one spark of hope remains! I can feel it!

Spoiler for No! It can't be ended like this! It can't be true!:

Dude! I didn't mean for the brocon ending! Please, stay calm! STAY CALM!!!
Old 2011-06-16, 09:54   Link #399
ars89
One-Eyed Dragon

Spoiler for ep 10:
Old 2011-06-16, 10:23   Link #400
Salt
the cynic

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoonKain3 View Post
@Salt
Better you learn from forums rather than watch episode yourself, I guess? I dunno.
Kind of lost the motivation to watch the episode. LOL.
Ya, was wondering if I should just drop it to avoid disappointment.

Damn this show is all over the place.

Stories in general spend most of their time building toward, justifying, laying support for the conclusion they are heading for, this way when the conclusion comes the audience can (hopefully) happily accept it.
In harem anime, it normally done via building "goodwill" toward the main heroine, so it will end feeling right.

This show on the other hand wasted most of the start away, and whatever it did build doesn't seem to match the conclusion they are heading towards.
  • Madoka - zero character development through the first half despite heavy hinting at the 1st episode. Episode 10 they just suddenly flush it down the drain in one fell swoop based on the comments here.
  • Ibuki - comes across as your typical model student, tsundere, a little rough but sweet and surprisingly vulnerable despite her class rep exterior. The start of ep8 cinched it for me. :3
  • Hina - loves cute things, kuudere, shotacon, has a hilariously odd perspective on things at times which is part of her charm.
  • Ui - ... "star" of the show, airheaded glutton with severe dependency issues. Lowest amount of goodwill builded among all the girls - to me at least - even the non-staring ones.

I have watch my fair share of harem anime,
  • Da Capo
  • Shuffle
  • True Tear - ok this one is more drama
  • Kimikiss
  • ... can't remember ...

This is the first one that stumped me. Reading too much into the comments here, maybe.
Either that or I'm just getting old.

Maybe I will watch it when my mood picks up.

Tags
comedy, eroge, harem, seinen