Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Code Geass

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2008-12-19, 10:55   Link #261
bladeofdarkness
Um-Shmum

Location: at GNR, bringing you the truth, no matter how bad it hurts
your assuming that there are alot of men who would actually try to hit on kallen
she might be hotter then most girls
but she's also
1)probably able to kick the asses of most potentail love interests
2)known as ZERO's personal bodyguard by anyone who knows anything about history
3)has more blood on her hands then most peolpe on earth could dream of (granted its almost always justified, but still)

thats got to be intimidating to most guys who would think of asking her out
she could end up like kaname chidori
the hottest girl you'd never want to date
Old 2008-12-19, 10:58   Link #262
Levy
differently sober

Quote:
Originally Posted by incorrupts View Post
I think, you kinda over-analyze a scene, when there is no need, or there is nothing to over-analyze there. I mean, it was a casual talk.
Kallen had casual talks with various people in the show, does this make it "plausible" for something to happen with them in the future as well?
the talk itself was nothing special, but if you look at their previous interaction, when she was captive, it's kinda clear that Gino incarnates everything Karen refused when she chose Kozuki over Stadfeltd. Gino protected her from Luciano there, and that's a good point for a future friendship, but he did not understood
anything about what really matters to her. That's the reason I went 'WTF?' at all the KaGino cheer in turn18.
In the scene from Turn23, brief and casual as it was, Gino showed to have rethink a lot of the things they previously talked about and come to understand the choices Karen made, and that might be the start of a communication that, in turn18, at least for me, failed between them.

Quote:
I mean, if there was like, Gino waiting for her to go to school together
You know, I thought they might to do somethinh like this at the time the series was airing... and I'm glad they did not!
Old 2008-12-19, 10:59   Link #263
Nogitsune
Shameless Fangirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeroSama View Post
Assuming Kallen does eventually get over Lelouch, move on and somehow doesn't start measuring every potential candidate against him, what sort of criteria do you think she'd be looking for?

I'm going for doesn't think Lelouch is a bastard(farewell Gino) or at the very least doesn't say so to her face. I'm pretty sure thats something she wouldn't tolerate AT ALL after what he ended up doing for her.
Well, in that case, she'd really have to go with Suzaku... or tell someone.
But I think it would be much cuter if she didn't "move on". Or if she at least took Gino - because I like him and really can't see Suzaku falling for any living being in the near future. xD
KallenxGino doesn't seem impossible to me, even though I can't really see it happening.
Old 2008-12-19, 11:28   Link #264
Haku-Men
Banned

Location: depths of Kagutsuchi where the Sheol Gate is located
Sigh! Not this crap again! Is that's all you guys can talk about what's the point of even reopening this thread when this could easily be discussed in the Kallen thread.
Old 2008-12-19, 11:32   Link #265
Nogitsune
Shameless Fangirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mahakala View Post
Sigh! Not this crap again! Is that's all you guys can talk about what's the point of even reopening this thread when this could easily be discussed in the Kallen thread.
Well, romance is romance. xD
But I, too, would rather talk about something else for a change - like SchneizelxKanon. ;P
The problem is that there is only so much you can say about those two.
So... any suggestions? xD
Old 2008-12-19, 11:42   Link #266
Eliarine

Cornelia x Guilford? Yes, in that order. You best believe she tops. I loved those two. Probably because Cornelia herself is made of awesome, but the pairing is <3
Old 2008-12-19, 11:43   Link #267
Haku-Men
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nogitsune View Post
Well, romance is romance. xD
But I, too, would rather talk about something else for a change - like SchneizelxKanon. ;P
The problem is that there is only so much you can say about those two.
So... any suggestions? xD
Nah Schneizel x Kanon is actually more intereting then this Kallen x Gino crap. Anyways if I recall after the series Kanon went on a journey to find himself after Schneizel's defeat. Kinda sad if you think about it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eliarine View Post
Cornelia x Guilford? Yes, in that order. You best believe she tops. I loved those two. Probably because Cornelia herself is made of awesome, but the pairing is <3
Too bad they hardly did anything and they seem to come back just to please the fanbase.....eh...whatever I'm happy they're together
Old 2008-12-19, 11:58   Link #268
Nogitsune
Shameless Fangirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eliarine View Post
Yep, Cornelia is so "seme". xD
I never cared much for the pairing, but it's interesting. I just wish Guildord hadn't been revived... it kind of killed the drama.
Cornelia yelling "the demon king has died!", on the other hand, was awesome.

Quote:
Nah Schneizel x Kanon is actually more intereting then this Kallen x Gino crap. Anyways if I recall after the series Kanon went on a journey to find himself after Schneizel's defeat. Kinda sad if you think about it.
Hm... I don't think Kanon would leave Schneizel's side for long. I can imagine him coming up to Zero and politely demanding his lov-... errr prince back, though. xD

And did I mention that I'll never forget the look on Kanon's face when Schneizel lost? q.q
Old 2008-12-19, 12:02   Link #269
youngde
Unashamed Kalulu fan

Quote:
For the record, it is and has been discussed in the Kallen thread. In case, you haven't noticed, Kallen's thread has over 2x the responses than any of the other character threads. People like talking about Kallen (or Kallen fans post more). Either way, it's something you gotta get used to.
Old 2008-12-19, 12:02   Link #270
Haku-Men
Banned

Quote:
Hm... I don't think Kanon would leave Schneizel's side for long. I can imagine him coming up to Zero and politely demanding his lov-... errr prince back, though. xD

And did I mention that I'll never forget the look on Kanon's face when Schneizel lost? q.q
Yes....I believe all the fangirls can never forget Kanon's "don't rape me face"
Old 2008-12-19, 12:05   Link #271
Nogitsune
Shameless Fangirl

Quote:
Yes....I believe all the fangirls can never forget Kanon's "don't rape me face"
Errr... that's a very nice name for it, but I prefer to call it "why did you kick my puppy?" face. xD
In any case, it was absolutely heart-breaking... and definitely KanonxSchneizel. xD
Old 2008-12-19, 12:06   Link #272
Haku-Men
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by youngde View Post
For the record, it is and has been discussed in the Kallen thread. In case, you haven't noticed, Kallen's thread has over 2x the responses than any of the other character threads. People like talking about Kallen (or Kallen fans post more). Either way, it's something you gotta get used to.
No, it's the same users talking about her. And most of the stuff you guys talk about is the same thing, this is the romance thread not the Kallen loves XXXX discussion thread, if you want to talk about her go back there, not everyone cares to talk about her romance with Gino and Lelouch every page. It'll be nice to change the subject once in a while. Don't know what's up with you?
Quote:
Errr... that's a very nice name for it, but I prefer to call it "why did you kick my puppy?" face. xD
In any case, it was absolutely heart-breaking... and definitely KanonxSchneizel. xD
That's what I heard from alot a users, sorry if it offends you.
Old 2008-12-19, 12:16   Link #273
Nogitsune
Shameless Fangirl

Quote:
No, it's the same users talking about her. And most of the stuff you guys talk about is the same thing, this is the romance thread not the Kallen loves XXXX discussion thread, if you want to talk about her go back there, not everyone cares to talk about her romance with Gino and Lelouch every page. It'll be nice to change the subject once in a while. Don't know what's up with you?
Still, romance is romance, and even though I agree that Kallen's love life isn't that interesting, it would be nice if we could all just be polite and get along.

Quote:
Why should it offend me?
I am a fangirl after all, and I don't mind it if my opinion isn't absolutely unique for once. xD

Edit: Oh, you meant the "rape face" part?
Oh well. I'll live. ;P
Old 2008-12-19, 12:23   Link #274
Haku-Men
Banned

Quote:
Still, romance is romance, and even though I agree that Kallen's love life isn't that interesting, it would be nice if we could all just be polite and get along.
I'll give you this, I don't want this thread to be closed again since it seems to be very popular
Quote:
Why should it offend me?
I am a fangirl after all, and I don't mind it if my opinion isn't absolutely unique for once. xD

Edit: Oh, you meant the "rape face" part?
Oh well. I'll live. ;P
That's cool! I know alot of fangirls who loved that expression he made and get offended quite easily (considerably their all yaoi fanatics) since Scheizel and Kanon screams it.
Old 2008-12-19, 12:24   Link #275
AceFlashheart

Kallen is like a little black dress. She goes with everything.

Um... how about... Lulu x Euphie
Old 2008-12-19, 12:28   Link #276
Nogitsune
Shameless Fangirl

Quote:
I'll give you this, I don't want this thread to be closed again since it seems to be very popular
*nods her head*
Not to mention that it can be a lot of fun. ;P

Quote:
That's cool! I know alot of fangirls who loved that expression he made and get offended quite easily (considerably their all yaoi fanatics) since Scheizel and Kanon screams it.
Don't worry, I'm actually proud of being a fangirl about... errr, well, everything, really. xD
And I absolutely loved the SchneizelxKanin hints. In my opinion, they were both cute and amusing.
Old 2008-12-19, 12:44   Link #277
Lolipopo
Srsly ?
*Artist

Quote:

Well, when people are talking about romance in Kallen's thread, we can find answers like yours, so finally...

I think Kallen's romance is oftenly bring back because

-Kallen got 80 % of the romance plot in R2
-Kallen's romance involve Lelouch who is...the protagonist
> This create others pairing with every guy to push her away from him (and if you mention how Gino and Kallen are a great pairing, you can swear on your life that you will get answers, so the debate will go on)
>Lelouch's love life is a mess
-New stuff about Kallen are about romance

...And when I read this I wonder how it is possible for Kallen to be all that she have been in the serie without stealing all the screentime. Well she was certainly one of those who get the most screentime Though...
...And I realize how far she is from what CLAMP seemed to saw her when they created her character...

Quote:
And like a little black dress, she doesn't fit to everyone.

Now to speak about something else...I don't see a lot of things to say about Kanon and Schneizel so...hard to debate about that

Old 2008-12-19, 12:45   Link #278
incorrupts
Banned

Send a message via MSN to incorrupts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Levy View Post

You know, I thought they might to do somethinh like this at the time the series was airing... and I'm glad they did not!
My point. There is exactly a reason why they did not.

And yes, i do agree with your other points. Gino is just hung up way on his own world to understand how the rest of people feel/think. Turn 23, he actually started to come to an understanding, kinda.

@Eliarine:: About the Kallen ending scene, that is the impression i got as well. Besides, if we take into account Kallen's chara, it is on chara for her to stay faithful to Lelouch forever. {without actually this meaning, that if she finds someone ,she is like "betraying" him. This is ridiculous anyway.} She will never let Lelouch perish from her heart but I guess at some point she will move on.
But my point is about her "possible" future romance with Gino. He is the kind of type that Kallen, just can't date.
And i suspect that if Kallen were to find someone, that one would be like total out of the mess of ZR/fighting etc.

Then again, in the future, Kallen might grow wings in her back and become a pony and fly to Dreamy Land. <--- now this, as much as stupid/fail it sounds, technically can be a possibility. Cause i keep seeing this around, about "every possibility in the future." When from a realistic approach, and watching the development some characters got throughout the series, no. NOT every possibility is on the table on the future. Otherwise, everyone can claim ponies and peculiar things as well.

ETA: If we want to talk about Kallen x someone, we will. If some people do not like it, their problem. There is no rule that is forbidding this. But apparently, there is the "unspoken rule" not to bring up Kallen in every way. From a lot of people around here.
Old 2008-12-19, 12:46   Link #279
Grey Dawn
zzzzzzzz

Theres a reason the Kallen thread is called the second romance thread But yes, if you wish to talk about a different pairing, do so, but don't try to stop others from talking about what they want to. Perhaps, after all, theres a reason Kallen is the most discussed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AceFlashheart View Post

Um... how about... Lulu x Euphie
Thing about Lelouch and Euphie to me, is that I like to draw a little line in the sand about Lelouch's level of feelings for a person related to how willing he is to geass them. And Lelouch specifically planned on geassing her, in a way that would ruin her plans for his own. On the other hand, he did not just erase her memories of him being Zero once he found out she knew. In other words, he was going to destroy her after she got in the way of his plans, but not so long as she was just a potential threat.

I find this opposed to his treatment of Suzaku. He was directly in the way of his plans from the very beginning, but Lelouch never planned on geassing him, or destroying him, until he got in the way of Nunally's safety. In fact, he only geassed him when Suzaku was about to end up leaving Nunally alone and helpless in the world. We also know Lelouch is far more protective of the females in his life than Suzaku.

Thus, I'd say Lelouch feelings, while certainly there, weren't extremely strong for Euphie. They may have grown stronger if Euphie's plan had been carried out, but thats a what if. In the end, his plans came before her.
Old 2008-12-19, 12:56   Link #280
Xander

Euphy was Lelouch's first love, like the show tells us, but it was probably nothing more than a crush, a thing of the past.

In the present it was just a much weaker version of sibling love, certainly not as strong as what he felt for Nunnally, his being a siscon and all.

He wasn't going to stand in the way of Suzaku's relationship with her, even if he would have preferred to see him at Nunnally's side, but I agree that ultimately he didn't care about hurting her plans for his own reasons.
Closed Thread