Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat > Sports & Entertainment

Notices

Old 2009-06-26, 12:27   Link #161
AnimeTheme
MJ - Forever King of Pop

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hejin View Post
Wow. That just blew me away. I want that song really badly now.

It's just even more proof of this man's legacy. He'll live forever in his music. It's a fact.
I can't believe you haven't heard this song before... LOL. Such an epic song.

Check out my Windows gadget gallery!

AnimeTheme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-26, 12:30   Link #162
GuidoHunter_Toki
Wiggle Your Big Toe

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnimeTheme View Post
I can't believe you haven't heard this song before... LOL. Such an epic song.
THere are so many good songs of Michael Jackson that people are unaware of and many that people like that don't even know its a song of his. One of my friends never knew the song "black or White" was by him until i told him.

Black or White I consider to be one of his best actually.
GuidoHunter_Toki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-26, 12:33   Link #163
Sheba
RUN, YOU FOOLS!

Location: Formerly Iwakawa base and Chaldea. Now Teyvat, the Astral Express & the Outpost
A rarity for those who grew up with Michael and Freddie

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o9_BwMtPeWU
Sheba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-26, 12:34   Link #164
KimmyChan

I had a bad feeling earlier before coming back online again after I got home from work that a thread started about this event today right here at AS would end up causing some friction & I was totally right...I'm just gonna try & ignore all of the bad & nasty comments made by anyone in this thread from now on as best I can as it does upset me hearing people talk like this to each other on here
KimmyChan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-26, 12:41   Link #165
Tsukase
what???!!!!

Send a message via MSN to Tsukase Send a message via Yahoo to Tsukase
i really really got sad...Michael is great the best pop ever steps in this world...
Tsukase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-26, 14:20   Link #166
Draw it blank
Lazy Otaku

Send a message via Yahoo to Draw it blank
I was devistated to hear the news, but he has an ongoing fanbase and his music is legandary!

and now the subject is his doctor, whos being interviewed, and might verry well be accused for being responsable for Jacksons death...All I can say is "May his soul rest in peace!"
Draw it blank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-26, 14:24   Link #167
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuidoHunter_Toki View Post
THere are so many good songs of Michael Jackson that people are unaware of and many that people like that don't even know its a song of his. One of my friends never knew the song "black or White" was by him until i told him.

Black or White I consider to be one of his best actually.
What? No way.
Almost all the people i know knows every single song Micheal ever sang.

I won't blame that person if he/she was younger but if their around our age...get out of here. I can't believe that.
Old 2009-06-26, 14:30   Link #168
Nochgo
iceman
*Scanlator

I was pretty shocked at the news... I was doing the dishes when I heard the news, and I almost dropped the plate I was holding. Though I'm wasn't a huge fan or anything, I did enjoy his music from time to time. More sad that he was in preparation for comeback concert. At least this will probably tone down Michael Jackon jokes.

RIP, King of Pop
Old 2009-06-26, 17:08   Link #169
Karlson
Jumping...is useless!

Well looks like I was late in finding out. So I was heading out this morning for classes and I noticed my rolled up (and held with an elastic band) local Vancouver Sun paper in front of the door so I decided to pick it up and bring it inside. Before I even so much as touched it, I saw in big bold letters "King of Pop's star flares out"

"No way...you can't be serious..."

There was only one man that would ever be classified by that name I thought. And sure enough there it was a picture of him in his youger days before all the plastic surgery and a caption stating 1958-2009. Talk about gone too soon. Sure the man's state of mind was quite a mess but his history in charity proves he had a good heart.

RIP Micheal. Your moves as a dancer is rivaled by no one. The oh so many memories of me as well as my peers growing up in school who tried to imitate your moves; they will never be forgotten. Your voice as a singer...truly awe-inspiring. You had it all as far as talent was concerned. All the classics you have brought forth...the impact you have made in the music industry and the influence you leave behind for many up and coming stars of today...And yet you did more than just that in what was an unforgettable career before its decline. You will be sorely missed.
Karlson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-26, 17:23   Link #170
CMSensei
Formerly -> CMHerrera
*Graphic Designer

When I heard the news I was on my way home with my family coming from dallas and we had the radio on and they announced he died.. and where playing his songs he made like "Thriller".

That was suprising I like him he has pretty good music, I though he would have died of old age.. but I guess I was wrong.

CM-san's Mystical Creations

"The one who can win
against me, is me!"

- Daiki Aomine
CMSensei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-26, 17:53   Link #171
GreatTeacherKen

It was very sobering for me to hear this news. I certainly didn't expect it (who could've?) and although most of his creative output predates me, I've always had a fondness for his music, his dance moves, and his music videos. I've in a way grown up listening to his music and watching his videos. My parents (who are the same age as him) have some of his CDs as well as DVD that included some of his most famous videos like Thriller and Billie Jean.

Not to mention I find it cruelly ironic that he died before he could put on the London concerts.
GreatTeacherKen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-26, 19:00   Link #172
Frailty
Constellation
*Graphic Designer

guys...
kindly explain this to me please, I'm kinda confused now -.-
http://www.theonion.com/content/node/30940

Frailty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-26, 19:03   Link #173
Mystique
Honyaku no Hime
*Fansubber

Location: In the eastern capital of the islands of the rising suns...
Wow…

I’m only a decade, a mere 10 years older generation wise than the 12-17 year olds here writing things like:
“My parents are crying, my parents are devastated.”

Then again, seeing as he was quiet for 12 years, (1997?) I guess if you’re born past 1990 or so and your family wasn’t already obsessed with his music in the 70’s and 80’s, then his true influence and achievements won’t make too much of an impact since you were babies and toddlers.

There’s definitely a “gap” within those aged 30 and under in regards to MJ here, so since he no longer can update the latest teenage generation with the London concerts, we, the world and those older will give a concert to you all and show you why his death has brought the world in a universal standstill in a way very very very few people can do on this planet.

*makes it her mission*
Spread the word peeps, it’s easy to criticise the bad but ignore the good and his good outweighs whatever bad he may have done 1,000,000,000 times over.
He left us a legacy.

For those in the UK, especially those in London, you’ll know of Kiss 100 FM, official station who was supporting the concerts and giving away special prizes and stuff, now suddenly have to pull it down and deal with his death.
In tribute to him, the DJs of the station (some who were barely holding themselves together online) made this special, exclusive 30min remix of all the major singles over the 30-35 years.

At present, it’s region locked to UK residents only (there is another website to stream it outside of the UK) >.>
But that link will be up until Fri 3rd July. They’ll probably stream it during airing too, so if any non-Brits want a link to listen, drop me a message on my wall.
I listened to it and the tears fell during it, heard so many tunes I’ve not heard in 10 years or so, I was transported back to my childhood and teenage-hood instantly <3

Let’s begin with one of the songs that got my eyes welling, more and more will come. No doubt the media who spawns stars and destroys them at the same time (a la Princess Diana) will do their part of documentaries, remixes, music compilations etc, so keep tabs on your local media or radio websites if you’re interested.

Fans in Harlem, NY got it right when 2000 people had a street party outside of the Apollo threatre.
It truly is a time to cry, laugh, sing and dance all at the time same now
(Wish I was there though) ^^

OH OH OH!!
It got pulled off Youtube many times but BBC used it (illegal as it may be) in their news video reports xD
Anyone can find the mass Philippine prison inmates MJ dance that they used as part of their "physical regieme", how many music stars would spread their influence song and dance wise to jail? xD

Anyways, for my youtube snippet, I remember watching this on Top of the Pops and taping it to VHS:
Music videos were not simply a visual media to play your music or just full of tits and ass and bling:
- They were truly magical adventures brought to us in only a way MJ could do, that had never been seen or done in history before.
(hee hee, Iman and MJ, kinda kinky~)

That's it. :\
After seeing this after so long...
7.03-7.12 - I gotta start dancing again and learn those moves. >.>

Worrying is like a rocking chair. It gives you something to do, but it doesn't get you anywhere. - Van Wilder
"If you ain't laughin', you ain't livin'." - Carlos Mencia

Last edited by Mystique; 2009-06-26 at 19:36.
Mystique is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-26, 19:10   Link #174
Dilla
'Sup Ballers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frailty View Post
guys...
It's the Onion. . . as in not serious.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystique View Post
Then again, seeing as he was quiet for 12 years, (1997?) I guess if you’re born past 1990 or so and your family wasn’t already obsessed with his music in the 70’s and 80’s, then his true influence and achievements won’t make too much of an impact since you were babies and toddlers.
His last album was actually Invincible in 2001, and had that movie-like music video for "You Rock My World" with Chris Tucker, Michael Madsen, and Marlon Brando. Here it is:

What's funny is that it was considered one of his least popular albums (it was considered too long), yet it still went double platinum with 10 million copies sold.

Last edited by Dilla; 2009-06-26 at 20:21.
Dilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-26, 19:20   Link #175
Shadow Kira01

I know very little of the singer, never even heard of his music before..

I can't believe the death of a single singer has caused an uproar in the United States. It seemed that some fans went as far as driving from one city to another to grieve over his death.

One way or the other, rest in peace!
Shadow Kira01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-26, 19:28   Link #176
Westlo
Lets be reality

*puts Man in the Mirror on repeat for the entire day*

We'll never see another music artist have an impact like MJ, R.I.P
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-26, 19:39   Link #177
yezhanquan
Observer/Bookman wannabe

Well, a hero moonwalks into the sunset, probably against his will.

St. Peter would probably be delighted to have an angel, a moonwalker and a comedian reporting to him on the same day.
Old 2009-06-26, 19:44   Link #178
Dilla
'Sup Ballers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow Kira01 View Post
I can't believe the death of a single singer has caused an uproar in the United States. It seemed that some fans went as far as driving from one city to another to grieve over his death.
Well, MJ was a musical genius and icon loved (and hated) worldwide. The fact that fans have travelled from far and wide to mourn his death isn't at all preposterous or farfetched.

I'm sure it was the same with John Lennon.
Dilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-26, 19:45   Link #179
Mr. DJ
Schwing!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frailty View Post
guys...
The Onion, it's a parody news source.
Mr. DJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-26, 19:55   Link #180
Mushi
Hopeless Dreamer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dilla View Post
I'm sure it was the same with John Lennon.
Elvis would be a better comparison. Genius, excessive living, and sadly, self-destructive behavior.

"The candle that burns twice as brite burns half as long."

Tags
music