AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2008-04-07, 09:00   Link #61
Tiamat's Disciple
Disciple of the Flames

Nothing wrong with Last Exile, it's one of my all time faves
Tiamat's Disciple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-07, 12:28   Link #62
Jiyuu

Send a message via MSN to Jiyuu
there's nothing wrong, he was referring to dragonaut as bad and i said it could also come out as the next last exile(which was one of gonzo's best works)
Jiyuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-07, 22:35   Link #63
kimchipride
Geass User

Gonzo tried real hard in Blassreiter.

In my honest opinion, the world isn't ready for this kind of anime...
Old 2008-04-08, 01:47   Link #64
Conan-san
Cruel Angel's Thesis

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimchipride View Post
Gonzo tried real hard in Blassreiter.

In my honest opinion, the world isn't ready for this kind of anime...
Thank god, Cuz I sure as hell not ready for a crap Guyver rip off that can't seem to decide what it's mosters are called.
Conan-san is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-08, 07:00   Link #65
Tiamat's Disciple
Disciple of the Flames

Then dont watch it. So far nothing in the episode says it's a guyver clone to me. But lets face it, almost all anime these days end up as a clone of soimething, look at Drugar, that screams Y''s to me. Thats because it's nigh impossible to make a unique aniome that has never been dont in one way or another before.

I watched it again twice this morning, and can't find anything wrong with it. Gerd was a bit over emo but that wasn't as bad as say Dragonaut. Granted it may plumet down hill in subsequent episodes, but for now at least it's a good one that seems worth following
Tiamat's Disciple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-08, 07:09   Link #66
D a m i e n
permanentely bored

Send a message via ICQ to D a m i e n
dragonaut eps1 wasnt bad either, i mean we had a badass female kicking ass (though she totally forgot she was able to fight pass eps2), some monster going crazypsycho and killing hotties, kissing between the 2 main protagonist and the introduction of akira/machina.
as it is now blass is average it can go eitherway, but concidering it s gonzo chances are high it ll go the wrong way, but like you said gonzo granted us with a few gems a la last exile.
D a m i e n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-08, 07:21   Link #67
Chase

I thought the episode was pretty good, an 8 from me. Looking forward to seeing more from this.
Chase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-08, 08:49   Link #68
SuperKnuckles
Anime Hobbyist

A bit too CG-y for me, but I'll follow it. Pretty standard stuff, but yeah, Gonzo seems to be aiming higher than Dragonauts. I just hope the backplot doesn't get absolutely retarded/scrambled like in Dragonauts. If Blassreiter ends up being cliche and normal, that's a huge step up from the ball of chaos known as Dragonauts.
SuperKnuckles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-08, 12:22   Link #69
Mentar
Banned

I'm a bit puzzled about all this elitist-sounding hate *shrug*

Fine, I'll out myself: GONZO is the last studio I'd prefer for the shows I want to see animated. They tend to start well, and then to mess things up in the end (I'll never forget how they mutilated the key scenes in Pumpkin Scissors). I'm not big on motorcycles. And I'm not tooo fond of CG. So, I have all the prejudice in the world.

But: This time, they have a relatively original storyline (it's nothing like the manga), and I like how they laid the foundation of some mystery to be resolved. They have Shizuka Itou, who alone would already be enough for me to give the show a try. And the setting is modern Germany, which they managed to properly depict in many details.

I'd say it was a surprisingly good start. 8/10 in my book. So I'll definitely continue to follow this for now.
Mentar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-08, 13:25   Link #70
zetsumei

Watch the first 3mins of the 1st episode and lost interest right away. lol. Shame on me >_<; should have at least try to whole the whole episode. Guess it just wasn't my type of show. ):
zetsumei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-08, 13:46   Link #71
Crimson Reaper

Well it's always hard to judge a series based on the first episode, but I'm hopefull about this one. I'll be watching the next few episodes for sure, the biggest problem facing this anime is the CGI, if they can make it watchable then this might be a very interesting show.

Last edited by Crimson Reaper; 2008-04-30 at 14:22.
Crimson Reaper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-08, 14:20   Link #72
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

This is not my kind of show, but I liked ep1. Even the racing got me.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-08, 14:30   Link #73
FuzzyWuzzy

LOL you know, first thing I noticed when I watched this anime is that Gonzo is behind it. First thing I noticed when I opened this thread is that most of it is either "Gonzo suxx" or "Dragonaut suxx". I definitely agree though. However, let's give this series a chance and let's forget the past. Everyone makes mistakes and Gonzo can make a comeback. I know, the "power of hate" is strong... very very strong but let's cross our fingers and hope for the best.

I really liked the first episode though. The way they did slow motion on the fight scenes was phenomenal. It was fast paced then they put some slow motion into it. It was actually better than most of the episode 1 of most of the anime this season. It's probably better than code geass ep1 but code geass is very much anticipated and would probably deliver a deeper story line than this anime. This anime has a lot of potential, hopefully they can keep it up till it's over. Hopefully we won't have a beach episode where everyone wears swimsuits at episode 4. It looks very grown up also with the boobies, blood and gore. Hopefully, it will be bada$$ till the end.
FuzzyWuzzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-08, 15:03   Link #74
Slice of Life
eyewitness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mentar View Post
And the setting is modern Germany, which they managed to properly depict in many details.
Not at all. The police uniforms looked right. I give them that. (Although if this is set in the near future Saxony might have switched to the new trendy blue ones by then.) The license plates where wrong in form and content. An ambulance might be red if it belongs to the fire department but as far as I know all ambulances of the German Red Cross are white/beige. "Deutsches Rotes Kreuz" was written "Deutscher Roter Xrenz" or something like that. Let's assume at Gonzo replaced 'Kreuz' by gibberish instead of something useful because 'Xrenz' looks like 'Kreuz' if shown only for a split second. But in that case why changing the gender of the word? It's probably simply a grammatical error. (I don't think the DRK would or even could sue them anyway, but OK.). The sports commentator's pathos had me rolling. I have never, ever heard a TV commentator claiming somebody or something being "blessed by God". This is not the US. Characters had names highly uncommon for people of their age, or any age.

I'm not complaining about these details. I didn't expect another Monster and your typical anime studio often can't even spell an English word with less than 5 letters right. And Blassreiter(*) fails on completely different levels anyway. But my point is: Pretty much everything they could screw up they did screw up. I honestly don't know what details you mean. I didn't notice any other country-specific detail. Only generic or 'generic Western' at best.

(*) Reading this again I notice I totally forgot to complain about the name of the anime ...
Old 2008-04-08, 16:07   Link #75
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

Well this is set in the future and demons are popping up so I'd cut them some slack with what's not analagous to current Germany. Think of it as an alternate universe Germany and roll with it or watch something else if you hate it so much.

I'm sticking with it. I was hoping to get some Joseph intro but alas no Joseph. Hopefully Joseph will be seen more in ep. 2 and Gerd goes downhill. I love it when characters descend into darkness after losing everything.

What I really want to see is for Gerd to kill his ex and go insane.
Old 2008-04-08, 16:43   Link #76
Slice of Life
eyewitness

Don't misunderstand me. And read my second but last paragraph again.

I'm not saying people should hate this anime because the license plates are off. But I also don't want people from Mexico to Malaysia walk away saying "Well, this sucks but I heard Gonzo put at least some effort into researching details. Props for that." Because they didn't.

I also don't "hate it so much". I just think it's a failure. "Hate" I reserve for other things.
Old 2008-04-08, 17:19   Link #77
orion

It's in the future so you should be able to get away with not correlating too much with present Germany.

And I did read a second paragraph which had a first sentence that contradicted what you were doing in the first paragraph (complaining about details). If you don't live in Germany, you pretty much won't care. If anyone is basing any opinions about a country thru anime depiction of said country, then that person seriously needs his/her head examined. Heck I live in the US and what is happening as one of the plots in Himitsu Top Secret was enough to make me chuckle about how unrealistic that show potentially is. No one really cares that much for details.

It's entertainment and that's all that matters.
Old 2008-04-08, 17:40   Link #78
Slice of Life
eyewitness

*sigh* I listed them in the first paragraph and put my judgement into the second. Don't try to find contradictions by reading between the lines of my post. If I wanted to complain I could have done so on the day the episode came out. Point is, I don't care either. And if the anime was any good in my eyes it wouldn't stop me from watching. I do care however if 'properly depicted details' (of the present I suppose since neither Gonzo nor Mentar have a crystal ball) are brought forward as a plus point which I at least fail to see.

Don't get angry if somebody criticizes your favorite anime, it's no good for the heart. This kind of intolerance can be quite annoying you know, and the game repeats every new season.
Old 2008-04-08, 17:59   Link #79
Jiyuu

Send a message via MSN to Jiyuu
i think they referred to the architecture more so then things like number plates and the like..
anyway i hardly belive anyone will say "well the story and animation were shit, but what makes it really good over all of that is how much it sticks to the real Germany.."
Jiyuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-08, 18:01   Link #80
orion

Actually I'm not angry at all. But people complaining too much does tend to drift the thread away from actually discussing the show which annoys me to no end.

And my favorites so far are Macross Frontier, xxxHOLiC :Kei, Soul Eater and Kurenai. I haven't watched Real Drive yet.

Tags
action, bost tv, gonzo, nitroplus, sci-fi