AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Eden of the East

Notices

View Poll Results: Eden of the East - Episode 3 Rating
Perfect 10 21 20.59%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 48 47.06%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 21 20.59%
7 out of 10 : Good 9 8.82%
6 out of 10 : Average 2 1.96%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 1 0.98%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 102. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2009-04-28, 04:24   Link #101
kamikazex

THIS SERIES IS WACK! and im loving it haha
Old 2009-04-28, 07:13   Link #102
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Quote:
Originally Posted by orion View Post
She sounded a little sad to me. I think that she thought that she was "dumped" by him.
I don't think she thinks she was "dumped" but she was sad he didn't watch the movie with her. By the end of the movie I think she was a little mad at him too, so yeah.
Old 2009-04-28, 08:46   Link #103
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど

Talking about all those NEETs i came to think: ehy but isn't Akira a NEET too? I mean he might be a saviour a selecao and such, but in the eye of society he's just a guy with no current occupation (unless he falsified some documents). Then i thought... what if Akira was a NEET from the beginning?

anyway i'm really puzzled by the 80.000.000 yen movie and the 900 yen brainwashing program, what the hell? Those prices do not make much sense to me.

Anyway there are many evidences that the list isn't complete. Akira must have taken some huge amount of cash before going to the states. He rented an apartment he bought guns (probably at the black market) and he must have had several travel costs.

EDIT:

I just thought something about the strange 432,453,557 Yen payment. It is a very odd number but not that odd if it's the purchase of USD. Since the story takes place on the future we can't have a precise exchange rate, but i guess Akira bought something between 4 or 5 million dollars.

Last edited by Jan-Poo; 2009-04-28 at 09:32.
Old 2009-04-28, 10:04   Link #104
BetoJR
A blast from the past
*Artist

The problem is: Akira's got loads of money. Most NEET's don't.

Old 2009-04-28, 10:56   Link #105
hamstar
just passing by

NEET vs mom (comedy)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NxfM8...eature=related

documentary (this was really funny)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WI47S...eature=related

osakans dont take crap from their own NEETs!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wcZjM...eature=related

so much on youtube

Last edited by hamstar; 2009-04-28 at 11:35.
Old 2009-04-28, 12:50   Link #106
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

Maybe he took some money, invested it and was living of that in the US and not using his phone account or doing odd jobs for income and Selacao work at the same time.
Old 2009-04-28, 13:09   Link #107
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど

he's got a lot of money since he become a Selecao, but he doesn't look like he used to live in luxury, in fact he chose a very crappy apartment in Washington D.C.
Then he looks like a hollywood movie otaku.

It's hard to speculate what he was planning to do there, but he's got a map with several memos, he's got several guns and he tried to emulate the taxi driver "gun on the sleeve", probably with no avail. Everything points out to the idea he was planning to kill someone. Now it looks like he wanted to kill Saki, before his memory was erased he was pointing the gun at her with a resolute face. But right now the idea that Saki deserved to die in Akira's eye seems so preposterous that it's hard to accept. Anyway if his plan was to assasinate Saki he really chose a very strange time and place to do so, also... why stripping himself before the kill?

Now i don't think he planned to get his memory erased on that precise time. I think the other misterious selecao had a part in it. He says that "number nine's actions are intriguing but now it's the end". Then Juiz replies that it was a disappointment and the misterious selecao seems surprised: "oh you are on his side? i'm jealous". He probably didn't know that all the selecao share the same secretary.

When Akira receives a call he answers without leaving his eyes from Saki however he seems very surprised as soon as a strange sounds comes from the telephone. My guess is he recognized the brainwashing program but it was too late he fell for the trap of the misterious selecao "it's the end". I guess he didn't need to see anything further so he left. He probably thought that from there the outcome was obvious, Akira was naked, clueless and with a gun on his hand in front of the whitehouse. The misterious selecao probably thought he was going to be arrested and without any clue on his identity he would have probably stayed there for a while.

So whatever was Akira's plan the other guy wanted to stop him and he successfully did so. I can imagine that he obtained Akira's number and therefore he was the one that sent him the brainwashing sound, or maybe he made Juiz do that. Now i know there is evidence that Akira bought the brainwashing program himself and he planned to use it, but i think he planned to do that after killing Saki (or whatever was his target), this also explained why he kept the telephone even after removing all of his clothes.

The other thing i can speculate is Saki's involment in all this. There's a hint about that, Saki reacts to the name "Juiz" as if she heard it before. Even so i doubt she is a selecao herself or that she is the supporter or anything that takes part of this plot. If that was the case she would have recognized the telephone and she wouldn't be surprised at all to hear the name "Juiz" from Akira. Also if she was a selecao that erased all of her memory about this "game" then it's strange that she still remember Juiz. So my best guesses right now is that she knows another selecao and she accidentally heard that name from him.

Last edited by Jan-Poo; 2009-04-28 at 13:48.
Old 2009-04-28, 15:52   Link #108
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

It really is all up to interpretation. It could go either way. Personally I think the whole naked whilst pointing a gun at a woman was just an attempt to attract the polices attention which I think will have an effect later on. After all, they did say at the start that the White House seemed to be the centre of the world. I think it will have significance later on.
Old 2009-04-28, 16:32   Link #109
Kora

about Saki not looking for Akira in the projector room - maybe she called him, got no reply and thought that he left; i don't see anything strange here.
what's more interesting,- as someone already mentioned- is that in the first ep Akira choose new identity, and it somehow hapened to be the same name as the one NEETs wrote messages on the wall to.
Old 2009-04-28, 17:14   Link #110
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

I don't think that's weird. When the first language you speak is japanese you're obviously gonna pick the Japanese passport to be on the safe side. And he was in Japan. It is likely that he would have a japanese name in Japan. What's interesting is that they knew his name. Did they find out on their own? Or did he tell them? If he did then it suggests he wasn't afraid of them blabbing to anyone. Why?
Old 2009-04-28, 17:33   Link #111
Echoes

"Nice message."

For some reason, that line really made me smile. The series has been fantastic so far, I'm really curious to see the mystery unfold.
Old 2009-04-28, 23:25   Link #112
Kazu-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lolcat3 View Post
I don't think that's weird. When the first language you speak is japanese you're obviously gonna pick the Japanese passport to be on the safe side. And he was in Japan. It is likely that he would have a japanese name in Japan. What's interesting is that they knew his name. Did they find out on their own? Or did he tell them? If he did then it suggests he wasn't afraid of them blabbing to anyone. Why?
You can clearly see the other ones were Japanese passports too. He just chose this one because it was the closest to Saki's birthday.
Old 2009-04-29, 02:27   Link #113
SkoolRumble4Ya

Quote:
Originally Posted by hamstar View Post
NEET vs mom (comedy)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NxfM8...eature=related

documentary (this was really funny)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WI47S...eature=related

osakans dont take crap from their own NEETs!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wcZjM...eature=related

so much on youtube
Those looks funny I wish I could understand it though.
Old 2009-04-29, 05:35   Link #114
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazu-kun View Post
You can clearly see the other ones were Japanese passports too. He just chose this one because it was the closest to Saki's birthday.
Oh yeah. i guess the Jason Bourne thing threw me off.

However, all those passports have different towns on them on Permanent Residence (okay, one them also has Tokyo on it too but Toyko is a pretty damn big place) so maybe that would explain it.

Last edited by Haak; 2009-04-29 at 06:01.
Old 2009-04-29, 05:57   Link #115
Jarmel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jan-Poo View Post
he's got a lot of money since he become a Selecao, but he doesn't look like he used to live in luxury, in fact he chose a very crappy apartment in Washington D.C.
Then he looks like a hollywood movie otaku.

It's hard to speculate what he was planning to do there, but he's got a map with several memos, he's got several guns and he tried to emulate the taxi driver "gun on the sleeve", probably with no avail. Everything points out to the idea he was planning to kill someone. Now it looks like he wanted to kill Saki, before his memory was erased he was pointing the gun at her with a resolute face. But right now the idea that Saki deserved to die in Akira's eye seems so preposterous that it's hard to accept. Anyway if his plan was to assasinate Saki he really chose a very strange time and place to do so, also... why stripping himself before the kill?
Not necessarily true. If I was playing in this "game" I would have some sort of backup plan that would have me going off the grid if something happens. It would explain why he had so many passports. You only need a few to kill somebody unless they move around alot.
Old 2009-04-29, 06:11   Link #116
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jan-Poo View Post
Anyway if his plan was to assasinate Saki he really chose a very strange time and place to do so, also... why stripping himself before the kill?
So he could plead insanity if he got caught?
Old 2009-04-29, 07:11   Link #117
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarmel View Post
Not necessarily true. If I was playing in this "game" I would have some sort of backup plan that would have me going off the grid if something happens. It would explain why he had so many passports. You only need a few to kill somebody unless they move around alot.
Uhm you mean it's in true that it was a strange place and time? Uh...
Now that you mention it... Why would Akira do that outside seleçao's area of operations?
Of course if Akira wanted to kill Saki he could have done that in Japan no he could have made Juiz do that... unless. Unless he can't do that in Japan. So as soon as Saki decided to have that vacation in the U.S.A. he took that opportunity and prepared an assassination plan.
Now it's hard to understand who is protecting Saki in Japan, the other mysterious seleçao or Juiz herself? Anyway it looks like Akira was followed and stopped by that mysterious guy by using Akira's mobile phone. You might include this in the "careless" list. He thought other seleçaos could not use their "powers" there but from Japan you can still use a telephone.

Well even if all these speculations are true. Why of all places he wanted to kill her in front of the white house? With two agents and security cameras around? And naked no less... So maybe... he wanted to be caught?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lolcat3 View Post
So he could plead insanity if he got caught?
Interesting idea, but isn't it better to avoid being catched in the first place? Considering his resources and the target it wasn't so hard to do. Unless the real target was the white house itself, but it's simply too preposterous to think to do something like with a single gun.

Old 2009-04-29, 10:31   Link #118
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

Assuming of course Saki was his intended target, one whould have to ask just how important a target she was for him that he was willing enough to do it himself rather than ask Juiz to do it. We've seen just how easy it is for one of them to order a hit on someone, heck it happens minutes if not seconds to the moment you make the call.

I highly doubt that another person interfered with what Akira was doing. I mean I doubt that the Selecaos can use their phones and money to directly interfere with each other. If you look at it, Kondo seems like he was forced to try and deal with Akira personally than say order Juiz to do it for him. This leads me to believe that as far as Akira's memory wiping was concerned, it was done by Akira himself. Kondo himself implied that the program used (I forget the name) was pretty nifty for wiping your own memory. To me this suggests that something must have happened maybe moments before he was supposed to pull the trigger that forced him to ask Juiz to wipe his memory.
Old 2009-04-29, 13:46   Link #119
Longini

Just wondering how Saki was able to use Akira's phone to send herself the pic of "Ground Zero" when Juiz tells Kondo the phones use fingerprint recognition.
Old 2009-04-29, 13:57   Link #120
Kazu-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Longini View Post
Just wondering how Saki was able to use Akira's phone to send herself the pic of "Ground Zero" when Juiz tells Kondo the phones use fingerprint recognition.
In the same way Koundo was able to use it when he answered Akira's call. In other word, only the special functions (those related to the Selacao system) are locked.