AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2009-09-12, 20:47   Link #1301
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

It's more like giving the player choice on how he wants to play the campaign then, rather than the story. I don't hear anyone complaining about how Crysis and Dawn of War 2 have only 1 story and 1 ending, despite the fact that the gameplay on both is pretty open ended.

Heck if you want, you can spend your entire SC2 playtime just messing around with that engineering crane >.>

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
LoweGear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-12, 21:47   Link #1302
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Proto View Post
Yeah, don't try to make a VN out of Starcraft please.
Yes and we can have an event flag which Raynor *ahem* with the infested Kerrigan, or kill her and ride off into the sunset with Mengsk.

Seriously, if Starcraft is an RTS VN, I would want the Zerglings to look like killer bunnies, the Marines to be catgirls wielding Fender Mustangs and the Zealots to have Psi-Drumsticks for their weapons.

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
SaintessHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-13, 08:52   Link #1303
brocko

^ About the VN idea, I'd rather take the root where Kerri gets de-infested which in turn activates the Kerrigan x Nova portion of the game

The multiple choice thing is just there to offer more re-playability and is their way in trying to reshape the RTS genre once again. SC1 was the first RTS to have 3 totally different races if memory serves me correct. They're just trying to do the same thing again except this time by spicing up the missions and campaign instead. Steam rolling the AI 20+ times with only slight variations between each mission does get old pretty fast

http://www.freerice.com/ - For each word you get right, 10 grains of rice is donated through the UN to help end world hunger.
brocko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-14, 00:16   Link #1304
yezhanquan
Observer/Bookman wannabe

Well, alternate storylines is a welcome news to me. Asking "what-ifs" may be useless in history, but as entertainment, they're something.
Old 2009-09-14, 00:17   Link #1305
Tr3adst0ne
Rogue Agent

I wonder how custom campaigns would fare now that people can make money out of them.
Tr3adst0ne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-19, 15:03   Link #1306
Demongod86
Gundam Boobs and Boom FTW

Quote:
Originally Posted by brocko View Post
^ About the VN idea, I'd rather take the root where Kerri gets de-infested which in turn activates the Kerrigan x Nova portion of the game
^^ THIS.

Ten characters.
Old 2009-09-23, 11:43   Link #1307
sammybaker

They all look the same. Same stories rehashed, new upgrades but if you notice they didnt add all the things the fans wanted. Some were missing. I guess everyone still has a soft spot for humans.
sammybaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-20, 05:06   Link #1308
brocko

NUCLEAR LAUNCH DETECTED!

Incoming Battle Report 4.

http://www.freerice.com/ - For each word you get right, 10 grains of rice is donated through the UN to help end world hunger.
brocko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-20, 07:01   Link #1309
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

Nukes seem nice, psi storms look a little too overpowering. At least they do seem to be really hi-tech last tier stuff. *thinks of nuke rush*

What does Orbital Command upgrade to CC give?
Is it me or are the psi storms ground only now?
Once upgraded can the CC take off?
Thor ability can only be used against buildings?
Theres no reverse move?
Old 2009-10-20, 09:29   Link #1310
SeedFreedom
Hina is my goddess
*Graphic Designer

The protoss always needed Psi storm. Their units cost too much and take too long to build to be viable without it. If you look at the pro scene the protoss have the smallest reign compared with zerg or terran, with psi storm.

The nukes looked way too overpowered though. very quick launch and a quicker tech tree. Terran units are cost effective, to add quick nukes makes them overpowered.
SeedFreedom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-20, 09:31   Link #1311
yezhanquan
Observer/Bookman wannabe

Balancing in Blizzard games takes years, and it may not even be perfectly balanced.
Old 2009-10-20, 10:20   Link #1312
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

The sense of armagedon to the terran arsenal sounds good to me, that and its delayed, costs money even if it fails, takes time to research cloak and potentially build nukes, you then have the dead obvious "Nuclear launch detected." and of course red dot marks the spot. Now either in the video they cheated or in this build the Ghost Academy can hold a lot of nukes. On the other side, psi storm only costs energy and is instant. You can drop a ghost in but that means you need to go further down the tree and otherwise its pretty easy to put a few detectors (turrets, overlords, sensor tower) and deal with it
Old 2009-10-20, 21:51   Link #1313
yezhanquan
Observer/Bookman wannabe

In SC 1, you need to use something as a distraction while the nuke is on its way. I remember having my Protoss ally's interceptors covering the dot. Of course, when the thing came crashing down...
Old 2009-10-21, 04:27   Link #1314
-Sho-
~Omedetô~

When this game will be released omg
I mean why taking so long , there're a fews news stuff in SC 2 when you compare with SC1 .
Better Graphics .
News unities .
News building (a few) with the towers in the middle on the map .

Well , i guess they works hard for the campaign if they said that it'll be long .
-Sho- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-21, 04:33   Link #1315
Clarste
Human

The long-lasting appeal of Starcraft has always been its balance, and they seem to be focusing on that as the top priority this time around. The goal isn't to make a better Starcraft, which I'm sure they feel is impossible, but rather to make make another, different Starcraft that at the very least isn't worse than the original.

Unfortunately, the fine-tuning needed for balance is the hardest part. It's clear that the graphics engine and whatnot is working fine already.
Clarste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-21, 08:43   Link #1316
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Originally Posted by yezhanquan View Post
In SC 1, you need to use something as a distraction while the nuke is on its way. I remember having my Protoss ally's interceptors covering the dot. Of course, when the thing came crashing down...
You piss people off by dropping nukes in different places. Either that, or you nuke a couple of your own siege tanks who are raining hell on their base.

Marine rush has always been a gay tactic for Terran. I hope they nerf it.

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
Old 2009-10-21, 10:32   Link #1317
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintessHeart View Post
Marine rush has always been a gay tactic for Terran. I hope they nerf it.
What do you mean?
Old 2009-10-21, 15:45   Link #1318
OceanBlue
Not an expert on things

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Sho- View Post
When this game will be released omg
I mean why taking so long , there're a fews news stuff in SC 2 when you compare with SC1 .
Better Graphics .
News unities .
News building (a few) with the towers in the middle on the map .

Well , i guess they works hard for the campaign if they said that it'll be long .
Because it's Blizzard. And balancing teams is harder work than one would imagine. I'm glad Blizzard isn't being annoying, releasing it early, and fixing all of the balance issues via downloadable patches.
OceanBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-22, 09:58   Link #1319
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cats View Post
What do you mean?
Try fending against 100+ marines choking your front gate with 5-6 barracks churning them out as they are killed behind. If zerglings don't come 2 in a pod and my allies are fighting another war somewhere, I would be dead.

Marines cost only minerals, are fast to produce and with maxed upgrades they can easily swarm a base. Coupled with firebats and medics they can easily clear a medium scout team or a force recce (a scout team with heavier units like dragoons or mutalisks). Add dropships and you get a small team capable of tearing apart a lightly defended flank or from inside a base without assistance.

It can also be used to defend allied Arbiters at a whim, or provide covering fire while their Protoss allies escape. In fact, they make an excellent team with Reavers and Scouts when used to clear chokepoints of enemy presence. In case of battlecruisers or Carriers, pull in a couple of ghosts with Cloak and Lockdown, then ambush them with Marines and Wraiths/Science Vessel.

Old 2009-10-22, 10:05   Link #1320
Proto
Knowledge is the solution

If you let them build 4-5 barracks without you noticing anything till then its your fault for not scouting

Even then there are multiple ways to counter it; psi-storm, defilers, lurkers, you name it.
Proto is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
blizzard, starcraft, windows