AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Haruhi Suzumiya

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2009-12-19, 00:36   Link #701
Heatth

Send a message via MSN to Heatth
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metaler View Post
Hah, I knew it. xD
Also, I have the feeling that this is the most famous novel (besides the first one). And I don't think I'm wrong. ._.'
I mean, they're addapting it into a movie, not a new tv series... ^^'
It is a fan-favorite novel, true. Is one of the better ones in my opinion too. It truelly deserves a movie. Specially because it is a short novel. (Intrigues is very good too, but is too long, so a movie would cut too much of it)
Old 2009-12-19, 00:48   Link #702
keri
ねぇ、知ってる?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metaler View Post
Hah, I knew it. xD
Also, I have the feeling that this is the most famous novel (besides the first one). And I don't think I'm wrong. ._.'
I mean, they're addapting it into a movie, not a new tv series... ^^'
I think the movie adaptation is because the novel has a good movie format and there is enough of a fan-following for the series to make a movie feasible. Honestly, too, I can't see it being as good as it could be if it were episodic, because you'd lose a lot of the tension and buildup waiting for the next episode to air, and there aren't a lot of infodumps to deal with, like in Melancholy, which make natural chunks for episodes. Sure, there are natural pauses in the plot that would work well with an episodic format, and it would be good, but I think the story would do much better told all at once in a 150 minute stretch. (I'm also mentally comparing it to Sighs and Intrigue, both of which I think are better for tv than Disappearance.)

But going further into why would be spoiler territory, and I'm sure to get details wrong anyway, because my memory is terribly unreliable.
Old 2009-12-19, 01:40   Link #703
thirdlc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heatth View Post
For most people old style = Good amd new style = Bad. So, when seeing a good style, they think it is the old one. The problem is people don't realize the the "K-oned" style is not the current one, not even the most proeminent one.
So, you guys don't mind who the (ultra) animation supervisor is and don't notice who it is? Since it's Ikeda this time, I think it's natural that the trailer looks like the older series. Plus she left work for one year after Clannad, so she still has part of the old style that KyoAni used to.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heatth View Post
Most of the episodes of the so called "second season" are bad drawed (to be more specific, most of the EE and Bamboo Leaf), yes. But it wasn't really a single style. Each EE episode followed a diferent style. The real "new style", i.e. the one they seen to be using for now, is the one used in Sighs and, apparently, in the movie..
The reason why you think so is because you lack a viewpoint of who is animation director. Watch episodes by the same animation director regardless of the series, and you'll find them same (well, their art style has been changing bit by bit slowly, so if there are long gaps of time among the episodes you choose, it's maybe similar), not different or new.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tempester View Post
Wow. The animation looked gorgeous, even compared to KyoAni's usual high-grade production. They've really put their best work into this movie.

Oh god, Yuki. I wonder what happened here.
Reminds me of these.
Spoiler for clannad:

That hands don't seem to belong in those scenes is, I guess, her weak point.
Old 2009-12-19, 03:10   Link #704
aegisofrime
Yuki Nagato Worshipper

Now that you mention it, yeah those hands appear overly big. Then again I have read that hands are among the hardest to draw, which is why there's alot of hand mistakes in anime, like having 6 fingers and such.
Old 2009-12-19, 04:58   Link #705
quigonkenny
Sav'aaq!

Hey, as long as they're not K-on hands, I'll live with it... ^_^

I still don't see much of a difference in the art style between old series and Sigh, although I will admit that E8 contained pretty much all of the K-onization (BLR was Sigh/S1-style, just poorly done). There's the shading, but to me that's just detail. The character designs are still more or less the same, especially the men. The women have smaller eyes and more accented mouths, I guess, but it's not really much of a difference. I guess "less detailed" is what I'd say differentiates Sigh from S1, but they're both definitely cut from the same cloth, a different cloth than the K-onized episodes used...

Quote:
Originally Posted by thirdlc View Post
So, you guys don't mind who the (ultra) animation supervisor is and don't notice who it is? Since it's Ikeda this time, I think it's natural that the trailer looks like the older series. Plus she left work for one year after Clannad, so she still has part of the old style that KyoAni used to.

~snip~

Reminds me of these.
Spoiler for clannad:

That hands don't seem to belong in those scenes is, I guess, her weak point.
Well, S1 always took a bit after the Clannad/Kanon art style, only without so much of the "grey faces" that exist in so much of the Key product (only really noticeable in a few Mikuru scenes). It's what KyoAni had done the most, up to that point, so it's understandable...
Old 2009-12-19, 07:43   Link #706
-Sho-
~Omedetô~

Seems that finally Yuki will show some "Emotions"
Old 2009-12-19, 09:53   Link #707
creaothceann

Spoiler:

Nice heart, KyonAni!
Old 2009-12-19, 11:04   Link #708
Solachinx
is a myth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Takamura Mamoru View Post
Spoiler for ^:
And

Spoiler for Dissapearance Trailer:
Old 2009-12-19, 15:34   Link #709
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tempester View Post
Wow. The animation looked gorgeous, even compared to KyoAni's usual high-grade production. They've really put their best work into this movie.

Oh god, Yuki. I wonder what happened here.
She looks kind of off model in that other shot of her standing at the desk. Hopefully they touch that up before the movies release along with some of the other oddities I noticed in the early parts of the trailer.
Old 2009-12-19, 16:06   Link #710
Aqua Knight

Don't you think that winter clothes makes character much appealing than plain summer clothes? Especially when male characters wear scarfs like Kyon does.
Old 2009-12-19, 20:20   Link #711
bhl88
Otaku Apprentice

Send a message via MSN to bhl88 Send a message via Yahoo to bhl88
It's fear... it's revenge... IT'S MADNESS... IT'S A NIGHTMARE

Where the hell are you, Haruhi?!

Old 2009-12-19, 20:23   Link #712
Apache Thunder
Interdimensional Spy

Send a message via MSN to Apache Thunder Send a message via Yahoo to Apache Thunder
You fail! That youtube link doesn't work!
Old 2009-12-19, 20:32   Link #713
Peanutbutter

This will work.

Old 2009-12-19, 22:14   Link #714
Jintor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaioshin Sama View Post
She looks kind of off model in that other shot of her standing at the desk. Hopefully they touch that up before the movies release along with some of the other oddities I noticed in the early parts of the trailer.
It's just an angle thing imho. Her hands are closer to the camera and the angle is weird.

btw, did i mention i am PUMPED for this?
Old 2009-12-20, 00:02   Link #715
keri
ねぇ、知ってる?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peanutbutter003 View Post
This will work.

Hooray for YouTube. One thing I hated about the flash on the page was not being able to pause it.

And I just noticed that one of the snippets features Asahina (Big), though if I hadn't paused the video to sneeze, I probably wouldn't have looked closely enough to realize that's who it is.

Also, <3 to the bit shortly after that one of Haruhi facing the window with her hair in a ponytail. Short-hair ponytails like that are the best. <3
Old 2009-12-20, 02:13   Link #716
panzerfan
Name means little...
*Graphic Designer

Well, disappearance is well suited to be a theatrical release. I hope that it's really one that will deliver.

It would be enough for the depressing things in life to only exist in reality.
It is because that I think the birth of a story... is from people dreaming of a happy ending. ~Misaka Shiori

Old 2009-12-20, 16:35   Link #717
Fishcaek-Chan
Victory is taken!

Send a message via Yahoo to Fishcaek-Chan
Man I can't for this!! The animation is going to be AMAZING!*~sparkle eyes*~

Quote:
Originally Posted by keri View Post
Hooray for YouTube. One thing I hated about the flash on the page was not being able to pause it.

And I just noticed that one of the snippets features Asahina (Big), though if I hadn't paused the video to sneeze, I probably wouldn't have looked closely enough to realize that's who it is.

Also, <3 to the bit shortly after that one of Haruhi facing the window with her hair in a ponytail. Short-hair ponytails like that are the best. <3
Ooooohhh!!!!!!!!! S-so COOL!!!
Omg, I think the look of EMOTION on Yuki's face scared the shit outta me the most, o poo, this movie is going to be the coolest thing to hit Kodokawa in a while...~*epic drool/dies*~

Last edited by relentlessflame; 2009-12-20 at 17:10. Reason: please edit rather than double-posting
Old 2009-12-20, 18:46   Link #718
Milu

I have to agree, that image of a scared, blood-stained Yuki is a little unnerving .

Can't wait for this movie!
Old 2009-12-20, 19:29   Link #719
Animexcel

OMG!! I HAVE AIDS!!!
Old 2009-12-21, 04:16   Link #720
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Animexcel View Post
OMG!! I HAVE AIDS!!!
Actually, it would only be plausible if the blood got into the eyes.

Tags
science fiction, shounen