AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

Old 2012-07-11, 18:08   Link #81
Mateus

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticNinjaJay View Post
I just had a thought....

What if the person Sasuke is talking about is....The First Hokage?!

Think about it. Who could possibly give Sasuke answers to all the questions he seeks about the village? Orochimaru also asked Sasuke what he plans to do when he sees "them?" What if the contents of that scroll contain information about how to release the souls trapped inside The Death God? Perhaps Orochimaru after his battle with the 3rd Hokage decided to learn all he could about the Death God and perhaps use Edo Tensei to gain control of all the Hokage. All 4 of the Hokage's souls are currently sealed in side the Death God.
Sasuke and Orochimaru would have to remove Hashirama from the Death God, not saying it's impossible but that is definitely an obstacle to overcome.
Old 2012-07-11, 18:19   Link #82
james0246

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ero-Senn1n View Post
Physical was clearly said to be the cells of the body. Then take away from the equation all the cells of the body, so then the spiritual part what else can be than the soul? Your definition is more abstract, but the manga actually does refer concretely to cells of the body.
The manga explicitly states that "spiritual energy" is derived from the conscious mind and is trained by acquiring knowledge and experience. So it does not mean "soul" (though you can debate whether consciousness = soul, I won't participate in that debate, but you can still do it ), or at least not any distinct quality that a "soul" is generally described by.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mateus View Post
Sasuke and Orochimaru would have to remove Hashirama from the Death God, not saying it's impossible but that is definitely an obstacle to overcome.
It would be quite funny if Sasuke manages to save all the dead Hokage from the death god...
james0246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-11, 19:08   Link #83
tramadrama
Jaice Novak's Disciple

Suddenly, Tobi being Obito doesn't sound so ridiculous.
tramadrama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-11, 19:25   Link #84
Shining Celebi
a

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronin myael View Post
i read in a recent article that the number one most-read book is the bible. the second book was about buddhism. hp is in the top five. even twilight made it to the list. but of course the question is, was that survey accurate? i'm not sure.
No. If you go by sales figures, HP doesn't come anywhere close to top 5. Neither does Twilight.

(EDIT: I just checked, to be as favorable toward HP was I could - if you exclude all religious texts, and lump every book by author together to count toward the total, HP comes in somewhere between 10-15. For comparison, Dean Koontz is also in that range, and I can say I've never read a single of his books nor have any idea what they're about - I think it's quite possible Kishimoto could know nothing more of HP than "something about wizards.")

Quote:
but i made that statement with that article in mind. popularity-wise, hp is more well-known than naruto,
In America. Harry Potter was a worldwide hit, but its popularity in Japan is not at the same level it is in the English-speaking world.

Quote:
i never said the two stories are the same but there are some similarities, especially when it comes to its two main villains and two lead characters. anyway, my point is the cursed seals do remind people of the horcruxes and that's why oro's revival seemed ridiculous.
I didn't think of Horcruxes, and I've read both. It's a pretty common trope used a jillion times. It's not like Rowling invented the idea of "piece of yourself sealed away in something used for resurrection." The diea is incredibly common in both shounen and typical fantasy, where death is cheap.

Last edited by Shining Celebi; 2012-07-11 at 19:36.
Shining Celebi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-11, 19:26   Link #85
james0246

Quote:
Originally Posted by tramadrama View Post
Suddenly, Tobi being Obito doesn't sound so ridiculous.
It's never really sounded ridiculous so much as boring.
Old 2012-07-11, 20:38   Link #86
d3monlord

I think they are going back to Konoha.It's the only place that Sasuke is very familiar with..Orochimaro is implying them..it means a lot of persons.
Just my thoughts..
SO6P
The 4 Hokages (They know all the History of the Hidden Leaf)
Hashirama,Tobirama, Sarutobi (he could answer the whole situation about the uchia coup)
and lastly Minato.
maybe orochi have figured it out how to unseal those soul's including his arm from the death god reaper..
The whole Uchia clan. (It will shed light to where the Uchia's during the Kyuubi attack in Konoha, and the very reason about their coup plan against the HIdden Leaf)
d3monlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-11, 21:35   Link #87
MidnightViper88
HI, BILLY MAYS HERE

Send a message via AIM to MidnightViper88
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ero-Senn1n View Post
I think Kishimoto is just playing a game here, he wants us to believe this is the true Orochimaru, but then later he will reveal that this version of Orochimaru is somehow crippled. Orochi's "nice" behaviour might be due to that, if he know that he's not at full power he would not risk a battle against Sasuke. If this was the real full powered Orochimaru i would expect a much more serious effort to bring him back, something more epic than this simple way of pulling him out of a seal and a piece of flesh. Something like traveling half the world, gathering stuff, then having some fancy ritual. But not this anticlimactic way of bringing him back.
The alternative would be finding a way to reverse the Sword of Totsuka's sealing of the "real" Orochumaru, which I found would unfortunately cheapen the effect of such high-level fuuinjutsu...Anticlimatic, yes, but to substitute a lesser ass pull in lieu of a potentially greater ass pull is of decent salvage to the series...

But I never believed a sentient copy of Orochimaru would ever be anything less than crippled, but how strong is he supposed to be now? Is he "brought down to normal" crippled or only "sub-Sasuke by comparison" crippled? The latter would otherwise be just Orochimaru during Sasuke's mutiny, which could still be consistent with the current Orochimaru, given how many power-ups Sasuke has gone through since then, and the previous battle between Sasuke/Itachi vs. Kabuto as witnessed proof...If it's the former, then that would just suck...
"I just want to lie in my own crusty filth, eating rancid egg sandwiches, until some unfortunate paramedic has to blow down my door to find my bloated and pasty corpse wedged between the nightstand and mattress stained with Bengay and Robitussin DM." - Greg Gutfeld on sex and seniors
"Syphilis does not stay in Vegas. Debt collectors do not stay in Vegas. Dead hookers stay in Vegas, but the guilt stays with you forever." - Bill Schultz
MidnightViper88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-11, 23:03   Link #88
octaviahawk
Wingedmercury

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shining Celebi View Post
I didn't think of Horcruxes, and I've read both. It's a pretty common trope used a jillion times. It's not like Rowling invented the idea of "piece of yourself sealed away in something used for resurrection." The diea is incredibly common in both shounen and typical fantasy, where death is cheap.
Yes, you are pretty much right in that regard. Well said!

Still, it tickles my fancy to compare Voldemort and Orochimaru. Why? I don't know.

Also, I do think it is pretty bad-ass that Orochimaru sealed himself into every one of his test subjects. I mean, what a great idea! It's like all the best villains use this technique! Heck, even the dark lord in Lord of the Rings sealed part of himself inside of a ring to become stronger. It's an interesting plot device, and I wonder where it originates...
Old 2012-07-11, 23:36   Link #89
iBeast

It's obvious they are going back to Konoha since (correct me if I'm wrong) most of Oro's hideouts are destroyed.

Sasuke/Oro/Sug/Juggo

Pretty strong team. Who knows, maybe they will save Karin from her captives along the way as well and become a quintet!
iBeast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-11, 23:51   Link #90
Goshin

Send a message via AIM to Goshin Send a message via Yahoo to Goshin
I loved the way Suigetsu was hiding when oro was being revived. might I even say it was kinda cute?(no homo). I'm guessing Oro did a lot of "things" to him to warrant such distrust.

was it just me or did oro seem fond of Kabuto, like a father figure?

I can't wait to see naruto's face when he sees Orochimaru's it should make for a priceless reunion.

I appreciate how sasuke has matured(Itachi accomplished something after all). he has realizes that everyone he as met has been telling half truths to manipulate him. this time he wants to find the truth for himself. even if he still wants to destroy konoha at least it will be rational

"The Journey of thousand miles begins with the first step"

Goshin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-12, 00:14   Link #91
james0246

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goshin View Post

was it just me or did oro seem fond of Kabuto, like a father figure?
I don't know about "father figure", but I did notice (and mention previously) that Orochimaru seemed to be acting different toward Anko and Kabuto (and Sasuke). It was a nice moment.
Old 2012-07-12, 00:55   Link #92
Goshin

Send a message via AIM to Goshin Send a message via Yahoo to Goshin
Quote:
Originally Posted by james0246 View Post
I don't know about "father figure", but I did notice (and mention previously) that Orochimaru seemed to be acting different toward Anko and Kabuto (and Sasuke). It was a nice moment.
maybe each orochimaru instance can develop personalities on their own? dying one=change of heart?

"The Journey of thousand miles begins with the first step"

Goshin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-12, 04:37   Link #93
lucasd

Remember this about a cursed seal, every implantation could result in death.
From Kabuto we know that there was orochimaru chakra implanted.
It seems that Orochimaru simply made backups of himself (plus some kind of soul splitting, which we already knew possible, Oro hands and 9tails).

Additionally what is interesting that Kabuto didn't have this seal and did not know about it.
It means that he was to precious for Oro to risk his life, yet at the same time he did not trust him completely...
lucasd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-12, 12:28   Link #94
23 gundam fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Destined_Fate View Post
Naruto has always been ridiculous. Besides, it seems like an Orochimaru thing to have the Cursed Seals to act as a conduit to revive him incase he's "killed/sealed" or doesn't get a new body in time.

So... That's where Orochimaru was hiding, eh? Poor Anko just can't escape her past.

Surprised he didn't kill Kabuto or Anko though I wonder if they'll be left behind. Kabuto seems likely to be dragged along, een with no more dragon/snake mode, but Anko though, she seems to have been used up. There's no reason to bring her since she no longer has a cused seal and Orochimaru is back but they didn't kill her so... Unless Orochimaru decides to keep her around I don't see what they can do with her since she's still passed out.

Also foreshadowing for Orochimaru, no arms is the only reason Sasuke/Itachi beat him. Will he finally be at full power? He did re-absorb all of his chakra that was stored in Anko and Kabuto without killing them.
so let me get this right. oroch whose was beat down by itachi with only ms at best, is with his arms in use going to beat a sasuke with ems. wow didnt know he was on that level, seeing as how we have no evidence that he can defeat a uchiha with the ems. sorry cant see that happening .
23 gundam fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-12, 13:36   Link #95
mystogan
The Lost Lamb

the latest chapter was a little confusing, can't get what sasuke is actually thinking, exactly what is he referring to the 'everything', and even after the confrontation with itachi what is he trying to find out about him now, what about his revenge on konoha ??, his motives are getting more and more complicated
and if that is how orochimaru is resurrected by releasing the curse seal, then it was possible to resurrect him from anyone one who bears the curse seal mark, never thought that orochimaru would have planted himself in so many people, seems that they will be heading to the battle field to confront tobi and madara
Old 2012-07-12, 14:15   Link #96
itachi-san314

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casshern View Post
I would love it they somehow brought him back and let him duke it out with ET Madara. It would be like Jaga vs Grune The Destroyer... so epic.
I feel like this is almost definitely going to happen. madara claims (backed by the evidence that he beat all the kages handily, upgrades aside it's still impressive) that hashirama is the only one who can fight on his level, so it is foreshadowing the hokages' return. my hunch is that upgraded madara will be too much for hashirama so it will be all the previous hokages as a team who beats madara. just speculation

Quote:
Originally Posted by mystogan View Post
the latest chapter was a little confusing, can't get what sasuke is actually thinking, exactly what is he referring to the 'everything', and even after the confrontation with itachi what is he trying to find out about him now, what about his revenge on konoha ??, his motives are getting more and more complicated
I assume that sasuke wants to hear the other side of the story from the senju. he's sounding very reasonable in this chapter in that he wants to think things over and decide his path from there. how can he come to a conclusion when he's only heard tobi's (and itachi's to an extent) side of history. the uchiha senju storyline seems to be a never-ending retcon anyway. I doubt kishi's done with it
itachi-san314 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-12, 15:54   Link #97
d3monlord

Does Juugo have a curse seal? If he had does it mean Orochi could be revive.
Only Hashirama could stop Madara! Im hoping Kishi will put the Hokages back. There's still a mysteries between the Senju and Uchia Clash till the founding of Hidden Leaf till Madara leaves Konoha. We didn't hear the story frOm anyone coming from the Senju's
d3monlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-12, 16:36   Link #98
james0246

Quote:
Originally Posted by d3monlord View Post
Does Juugo have a curse seal? If he had does it mean Orochi could be revive.
Juugo does not have a curse seal. Rather, the curse seal was designed with some of Juugo's essence and Orochimaru's chakra.
Old 2012-07-12, 17:30   Link #99
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

Well, there seems to be a clear connection between one's chakra and one's soul anyways. Didn't the 4th Hokage seal both his own chakra and Kushina's chakra inside Naruto along with Kurama?

I didn't expect it, but so far his revival does seem to adhere to the "Magic A is Magic A" rule.

Also, Juugo doesn't have a curse seal, he is the ORIGIN of the curse seal. Or more specifically, the curse seal was created by Orochimaru using Juugo's blood I think.
Dengar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-13, 05:09   Link #100
Sasheks

Quote:
Originally Posted by ranchan13 View Post
The magical brofist.... The rampant use of it, it's led me to wonder. First Naruto and Bee, then Naruto and the 9-tails (huge asspull there). Now Sasuke and Orochimaru...

Is Kishi a Bronie? If so, when will Rainbow Dash make the scene?
Where the crap did they brofist ?
I can't find it. -_-