AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Psycho-Pass

Notices

View Poll Results: Psycho-Pass - Episode 6 Rating
Perfect 10 17 28.33%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 19 31.67%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 21 35.00%
7 out of 10 : Good 2 3.33%
6 out of 10 : Average 1 1.67%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 60. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2012-11-16, 10:17   Link #41
MisaoFan
Autistic NEET bath lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirarakim View Post
Same with me, there is something abstract about animation that it doesn't scare me. However I wouldn't want to see that in live action because I prefer not to watch something that will give me nightmares.

However the only exception to not being scared by animation would be the early scenes with Johan as a child in Monster. Something about the atmosphere of those scenes really freaked me out...but nothing else in anime ever has.
While I do find such grotesque acts in P-P disturbing, the blurring effect that covers them doesn't scare me as much. In fact, I find the Kuzuhara's murder to be very creative (I was however confused by the light beams censoring her nipples, how could you put it such thing in noitaminA ?).
Have your social attention be noticed in a genuinely positive light.
MyAnimeList

Last edited by MisaoFan; 2012-11-16 at 11:42.
Old 2012-11-16, 10:49   Link #42
fertygo
Hyakko Fanboy

I thought Akane gonna blushing when asked about love and easily drunk like other chara with similar stereotype, instead she doing the opposite. I see what you did there Urobuchi..
Old 2012-11-16, 11:15   Link #43
vaden
0118 999 881 999 119 7253

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThereminVox View Post
The first mention of Titus Andronicus set me on edge in a way I haven't been since the last time an infamous work of fiction started getting referenced in another one of Urobuchi's works.
Tell me about it... I was expecting a stray body part to show up in someone's food during the school cafeteria scene.
Old 2012-11-16, 11:27   Link #44
Dark Wing

Also was I the only one who noticed the way that dismembered body was set up it looked a hell of a lot like the CID emblem...How Hannibal of her...
Old 2012-11-16, 11:41   Link #45
MisaoFan
Autistic NEET bath lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Wing View Post
Also was I the only one who noticed the way that dismembered body was set up it looked a hell of a lot like the CID emblem...How Hannibal of her...
I have the same thoughts as you when I saw such murder. I can't believe Shogo was such a creepy murderer with inhuman ideas.
Have your social attention be noticed in a genuinely positive light.
MyAnimeList
Old 2012-11-16, 11:45   Link #46
vaden
0118 999 881 999 119 7253

For those who need a visual comparison (from /a/ via /r/anime):

NSFW
(or the faint of heart)
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Old 2012-11-16, 11:51   Link #47
MUAHAHAHAHAHA
Hail the power of Fujoshi

I am glad to see cracks of emotion appearing in Gino. To a certain degree, it seems like he does care about Kougai.

Old stuff but just a reminder that butthurt report form is here to help
Old 2012-11-16, 14:05   Link #48
desrtsku
Nympholept

WOW!! That was one hell of an episode! So the real deal actually started since ep 3? I didn't see that one coming
Also I realized something after hearing Kogami's line. Whatever Makishima is trying to do, he's almost doing it in a SAC/Goda-like way by having completely unrelated people individually going on a rampage around the city for his own profit. Seems like it was literal when they said they wanted to make a show with GITS-like feel

PS : It's been years since I last saw a character answering a love question with an honest LOL, and I expected her to blush or pull out a random tsundere line ... I also expected her to be drunk. Thank you Gen, you made my day again
Old 2012-11-16, 17:33   Link #49
Quadratic
SIBYL salesman

Quote:
Originally Posted by HandofFate View Post
I wonder how the Sibyl System handles marriage. Like jobs, do they automatically match up partners it judges as most compatible to you, or are people finding love the 'old-fashioned' way.
I'm pretty sure it's done the old fashion, since ep 2 was essentially about a guy jealous about his ex. But then again, it could turn out he's just a random stalker who's deluding himself that she is his girlfriend.
Maybe before tying the know they can (choose to?) undergo a Psycho-Pass test, but then again we don't who's allowed to request for the test other than treatment centers, police and education?

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
Ginoza's father was apparently a (latent) criminal.
Jeez...I wonder who that could be?...
I feel like I missed something. Someone care to fill me in who his father is supposed to be hinted as? Makishima, despite looking the same age?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmic Eagle View Post
Again, Psycho Pass inadvertantly creates more killers and makes more victims.
Who's the new killer created by Sibyl (I assume that's what you meant by Psycho Pass)? I only saw Makishima "nurture" a new killer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vaden View Post
Wow, damn. That's a direct taunt to the CID.
Old 2012-11-16, 17:41   Link #50
Kirarakim

Quote:
I didn't notice it while watching but someone did a side by side comparison on tumblr and yeah I can't see that as just as coincidence

http://alienfairyland.tumblr.com/tagged/psycho-pass
Old 2012-11-16, 18:36   Link #51
Dark Wing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quadratic View Post
I feel like I missed something. Someone care to fill me in who his father is supposed to be hinted as? Makishima, despite looking the same age?
Masuoka is the most likely chose well thats what many theorized after this episode.
Old 2012-11-16, 19:09   Link #52
Quadratic
SIBYL salesman

Quote:
Masuoka is the most likely chose well thats what many theorized after this episode.
Ah, thanks for spelling it out for me.
Hmm, that's an interesting theory and would make the dynamic between the two more interesting.
Old 2012-11-16, 20:24   Link #53
kk2extreme
Your wife is hot...

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisaoFan View Post
(I was however confused by the light beams censoring her nipples, how could you put it such thing in noitaminA ?).
There should not be any reason to censor art right?
Old 2012-11-16, 20:56   Link #54
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:

Who's the new killer created by Sibyl (I assume that's what you meant by Psycho Pass)? I only saw Makishima "nurture" a new killer.
It provided the means for a latent killer to turn full killer.

The reason the victim went to her and thus ended up a victim was fear of Psycho Pass.
Old 2012-11-16, 21:14   Link #55
TinyRedLeaf
Moving in circles

Quote:
Quote:
Ah, thanks for spelling it out for me.
Hmm, that's an interesting theory and would make the dynamic between the two more interesting.
Unless the good inspector chose to take his mother's name instead of his father's, I don't immediately see how they could be father and son:
Nobuchika Ginoza

Tomomi Masaoka
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by vaden View Post
NSFW
(or the faint of heart)
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Quote:
Wow, damn. That's a direct taunt to the CID.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirarakim View Post
I didn't notice it while watching but someone did a side by side comparison on tumblr and yeah I can't see that as just as coincidence

http://alienfairyland.tumblr.com/tagged/psycho-pass
I'll be damned. Good catch. I didn't notice before.
Old 2012-11-16, 21:39   Link #56
Dark Wing

Quote:
Originally Posted by TinyRedLeaf View Post
Unless the good inspector chose to take his mother's name instead of his father's, I don't immediately see how they could be father and son:
Nobuchika Ginoza

Tomomi Masaoka
If he was that ashamed of him then it's a possibility thats what happened.
Old 2012-11-16, 21:52   Link #57
Reincarnated
World Inverse Creator

Why I rate this episode a 9:
- That Akane burst out laughing, not being drunk, and her conversation with Kagari totally made my day.
- Yayoi eating the ramen made me LOL.
- That statue is very nice and very well done, though I won't be as creative as that.

Why I don't rate it a 10:
- Those philosophy thingies bored me.

But yea I can understand since this is a dark anime, so I'll wait for more epic things next week and I do really hope Akane has her spotlight soon.
Old 2012-11-16, 22:28   Link #58
Chiaki_chan
Kubo GO TO HELL

I imagine Akane serve as bait by going to the private school for girls

I thought Yayoi but it looks too aged to be spent for student ... What I do not know his age ...
Old 2012-11-16, 22:43   Link #59
whitecloud

I got this kind of crazy idea.......what if makishima isnt the kind of man he seems to be.. i read post above and in the other forum he kind of complements the whole Sibyl System.

The idea of the system and the Psycho Pass is that those who have the desire to commit crimes, will commit crimes. He makes this assumption into a reality. I have to wonder if he may actually be working for the system, to justify the system’s continued existence.

if so then makishima is working for the higher up and thus explained why its so hard to capture him, the source of his material and money and the most important dominator detector..

if its true, its still a question if he is still working with the higher up or if he is already gone roque, unchecked..while if checked he supposed to increase people support of sybil, if unchecked people wont trust sybil anymore (with, or without sybil those criminal still rampant cannot be controlled) furthermore he could destroy the society itself by making all those people slave to their "suppressed desire"
Old 2012-11-16, 22:49   Link #60
TinyRedLeaf
Moving in circles

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitecloud View Post
I got this kind of crazy idea.......what if makishima isnt the kind of man he seems to be..in the other forum i read he kind of complements the whole Sibyl System.

The idea of the system and the Psycho Pass is that those who have the desire to commit crimes, will commit crimes. He makes this assumption into a reality. I have to wonder if he may actually be working for the system, to justify the system’s continued existence.

if so then makishima is working for the higher up and thus explained why its so hard to capture him, the source of his material and money and the most important dominator detector..
It's possible, though a bit soon to tell if that's the case. More like a topic for the Speculation & Theories thread. I suppose you're thinking along the lines of Matrix: Revolutions, which introduced the idea of a deliberately programmed bug to keep the system in balance?
Closed Thread