AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Accel World

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2012-09-16, 04:37   Link #41
Orange Duke
オレンジ色の王
*Author

Definitely. His brother lost his due to him, after all. It's only logical that he would notice the side effects, living with him in the same house.
Old 2012-09-16, 10:31   Link #42
Dark Wing

I just had a thought! During the most recent episode when Black Lotus was talking to Black Vice she stated that physical do not work on her is that for all black colors or just something she can do?
Old 2012-09-16, 11:07   Link #43
Orange Duke
オレンジ色の王
*Author

I think she was referring to the fact that she can cut up anything that's thrown at her in melee.

Spoiler for Nickname:

Last edited by Orange Duke; 2012-09-16 at 13:36.
Old 2012-09-19, 10:34   Link #44
judasmartel
*Author

Put in World End for good measure.

So, what if Chiyu could learn IS?
Old 2012-09-19, 20:18   Link #45
wandering-dreamer
reads too much

So, is it worth my time to watch the OVA? I've already seen a lot of the scenes made into gifs on tumblr and IIRC it's all anime-original as well, is there really any point in me watching it if I don't really feel like it?
Old 2012-09-20, 11:36   Link #46
Dark Wing

Well it really doesn't add anything to the series story wise but it has some cool action and a bit of fan service if you're in to that sort of thing. I'd day watch it after the end of the series when you have some time to kill.
Old 2012-09-23, 13:34   Link #47
Lycodrake

What relevance does the spin-off "Dural Magisa Garden" hold to canon?

From what little I've been able to gather, it introduces a pretty cliche plot with the only shining point being an Orange Duel Avatar character, but even then...Cliche. Oh-so seriously cliche that it makes me sick.
Old 2012-09-24, 01:54   Link #48
judasmartel
*Author

Spoiler for Dural Magisa Garden:
Old 2012-09-24, 07:09   Link #49
Lycodrake

Quote:
Originally Posted by judasmartel View Post
Spoiler for Dural Magisa Garden:
I don't know enough about Dural to comment on this. From what little I know, the main character is the sister of "Glass Monarch", former NN member, who told her all sorts of stories about KYH/Black-Lotus.

I also know that one of the major details for it is an over-used cliche and bores me to the point of being sickening.
Old 2012-11-18, 15:40   Link #50
Tsukou

I was rewatching the series, and was hoping someone would be able to answer this question, with quite possibly relevance to the light novel. During the Chrome Disaster Arc, KYH talks about her relationship with her parent, and how the biggest problem between a parent-child relationship is due to the real world ramifications. But in the last episode of Accel World, we learn that you lose all memory of brain burst if it's uninstalled, so then, as with Noumi, the real world implications shouldn't be big?

I mean, one possible explanation I've thought of is she's talking about fighting but not fighting to the point of one of them uninstalling. But it still felt like a slight oversight, but I'm not sure if the light novel has a clearer explanation. Thanks if anyone can answer.
Old 2012-11-18, 17:27   Link #51
Awrya
U mad?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tsukou View Post
I was rewatching the series, and was hoping someone would be able to answer this question, with quite possibly relevance to the light novel. During the Chrome Disaster Arc, KYH talks about her relationship with her parent, and how the biggest problem between a parent-child relationship is due to the real world ramifications. But in the last episode of Accel World, we learn that you lose all memory of brain burst if it's uninstalled, so then, as with Noumi, the real world implications shouldn't be big?

I mean, one possible explanation I've thought of is she's talking about fighting but not fighting to the point of one of them uninstalling. But it still felt like a slight oversight, but I'm not sure if the light novel has a clearer explanation. Thanks if anyone can answer.
Spoiler for From LN:
Old 2012-11-18, 17:58   Link #52
Orange Duke
オレンジ色の王
*Author

Awrya, I don't think that was the answer he was looking for. Kuroyukihime had been referring to all Parent-Child relations, not just her own.

Kuroyukihime was most likely referring to, like what you said, attacking them but not defeating them. Not to mention that because your Parent is more senior than you are in the game, there aren't many children who are capable of defeating their parents. No way is Crow going to beat Lotus, or Roller beating Raker. There have been exceptions (Rain and Rook come into mind. Bell could probably take Pile on too, though that's mainly because Pile has stagnated in terms of progress.), but it's the general case for many of such situations.
Old 2012-11-19, 16:46   Link #53
Miraluka
Banned

Can anyone tell about the Sp that comes with the BD of the series?
Old 2012-11-20, 07:18   Link #54
orpheus2
Pleased to Meet You

It's mainly lighter and softer with a lot of character exaggerations. Similar to Shana-tan.
Old 2012-11-22, 18:18   Link #55
mystikas
Lazzy bastard

Q: At that part of novel last AW anime series finishes?
Old 2012-11-22, 19:21   Link #56
Orange Duke
オレンジ色の王
*Author

At Volume 4.
Old 2012-11-24, 16:13   Link #57
Sunder the Gold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Wing View Post
I just had a thought! During the most recent episode when Black Lotus was talking to Black Vice she stated that physical do not work on her is that for all black colors or just something she can do?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Orange Duke View Post
I think she was referring to the fact that she can cut up anything that's thrown at her in melee.
Spoiler for Nickname:
Judging by the color wheel, White is 'The Mario' and Black is the 'Lethal Joke Character'.

Black Lotus is a poor example of what black avatars can normally do, since she's Level 9. We don't know what her avatar was like at Level 1.

I speculate that all of her stats were basically horrible, whereas all of the pure White King's stats would have been basically above-average. However, in return, Black Lotus had some weird advantage that the White King doesn't.

Dusk Taker is technically Purple, but he's very, very close to Black. His one special ability was to take the special abilities or tools of others. Maybe he could have developed other abilities, but I'm guessing he kept dumping points into Demonic Command, the same way Silver Crow seems to have done little besides upgrading his wings.

If I had to guess, I'd say that Black Lotus has the special ability to cut ANYTHING. She's relatively weak, slow and fragile, and she doesn't have good attack range, but if she cuts you, you bleed. (Metaphorically.)

So, she's rather like Tohno Shiki, from Tsukihime. A fragile squishy human (compared to monsters) with excellent skills and the power to stab anyone dead... if the attack manages to hit the right spot.
Old 2012-11-24, 17:14   Link #58
judasmartel
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunder the Gold View Post
Judging by the color wheel, White is 'The Mario' and Black is the 'Lethal Joke Character'.

Black Lotus is a poor example of what black avatars can normally do, since she's Level 9. We don't know what her avatar was like at Level 1.

I speculate that all of her stats were basically horrible, whereas all of the pure White King's stats would have been basically above-average. However, in return, Black Lotus had some weird advantage that the White King doesn't.

Dusk Taker is technically Purple, but he's very, very close to Black. His one special ability was to take the special abilities or tools of others. Maybe he could have developed other abilities, but I'm guessing he kept dumping points into Demonic Command, the same way Silver Crow seems to have done little besides upgrading his wings.

If I had to guess, I'd say that Black Lotus has the special ability to cut ANYTHING. She's relatively weak, slow and fragile, and she doesn't have good attack range, but if she cuts you, you bleed. (Metaphorically.)

So, she's rather like Tohno Shiki, from Tsukihime. A fragile squishy human (compared to monsters) with excellent skills and the power to stab anyone dead... if the attack manages to hit the right spot.
Well, Black Lotus is resistant to restrictive attacks such as traps (Vice's Static Pressure) and grapples (grapplers would cut themselves trying to throw her) and has a skill that can one-shot Duel Avatars which are lower than her level.

Shiki Tohno, except that it's not implied whether she has something similar to Mystic Eyes of Death Perception.
Old 2012-11-30, 20:50   Link #59
ryuuryders

What is Haru's current level in the LN?
Old 2012-12-01, 19:07   Link #60
Sunder the Gold

Why are some abilities contained in items rather than the avatars themselves?

Gale Thruster could have been part of Sky Raker. Haru's wings could have been an item.

If Cyan Pile lost or traded away his Pile Driver, he would lose the three or more basic and special attacks bound up in it, as well as access to the Cyan Blade technique. But even if someone permanently defeates Black Lotus, her Terminate Sword limbs aren't items that could drop and grant someone her various attacks.

Enhanced Armaments seem like too much of a liability for the original owner and too much of a windfall for a successful trader or thief.
Closed Thread

Tags
q&a