AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2009-09-25, 22:20   Link #11001
FriedRice84
Beef Fried Rice

Quote:
Originally Posted by HayashiTakara View Post
A lot of inaccurate information there. Vampires by nature have black youki. Also, the word ghoul is just a term to describe the degeneration of Tsukunes mind when the vampiric blood overwhelms him. Just as a refresher heres the one page that best describes Tsukune and what he is.

Spoiler for space:

In short, when the blood has complete control and he loses his mind thats when the term ghoul is interjected. By R+V's definition, Tsukune is not a ghoul. refer back to the top image.
My bad. It's been so long since I've read Season 1 so my memories are a little fuzzy. Maybe I should go and re-read it Yeah, I forgot that he wasn't a ghoul, just something like one. A berserk vampire per say.

I remembered Hyakushiki (the centipede youkai dude) said that Tsukune had the same black youki as he did. I guess this was where I got confused, I thought youkai who were generally "evil" generated black youki. Could you point me to where it says that vampires had black youki? I can't seem to find it or remember it. This where I got the whole black youki thing from:
Spoiler for space:
FriedRice84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-25, 22:22   Link #11002
Magin
#1 Akashiya Moka Fan
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Magin Send a message via MSN to Magin
Fact D: We said flesh, not brains...

A couple of things, just to get them out there: One, it has been confirmed that the Exorcist is a Demon Lord, the Bus Driver is assumed to be one, and number three has yet to appear. Two, that page GrrDraxin brought is tricky... two translations were done on it, one aq crappy speed sub that most reference and another one that's supposedly more accurate (not that mine or anyone else's Japanese around here is good enough for true confirmation)... the speed said she was seeking her mother, the other says she was going to live with her mother, so I really don't know myself. And finally, on the ghoul issue: the best definition of a ghoul is berserk vampire... in which the desire for destruction and flesh has completely overwhelmed the logical-thinking brain of the vampire/Tsukune

and also, even though it was already sort of answered... the issues of Jump Square are always labeled for the next month instead of the one they're released during

EDIT: On the black yoki bit (great, now we're sounding like Claymore...), I think he's talking about the desire to consume flesh... otherwise, it was just specified in this case, as when Inner is awakened, it's sometimes mentioned about a black yoki there as well (well, at least in the beginning of the manga)

... okay folks, we have less than a week to go!~ Try to keep this thread on topic, and we just might set a record for ourselves for when there's lack of chapter...

R+V fanfic- Chapter 4 of A Water Bride and a Vampire is now up at FF.net!

All fans of Inner or Outer Moka, come join her fanclub!
Magin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-25, 22:37   Link #11003
FriedRice84
Beef Fried Rice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magin View Post
EDIT: On the black yoki bit (great, now we're sounding like Claymore...), I think he's talking about the desire to consume flesh... otherwise, it was just specified in this case, as when Inner is awakened, it's sometimes mentioned about a black yoki there as well (well, at least in the beginning of the manga)
Can you give a page? I've been looking around at the first few chapters of the manga but can't seem to find the bit about vampires generating black youki

Am I overlooking something? All I keep seeing is the badies going "What a overwhelming/powerful youki!"
Old 2009-09-25, 22:39   Link #11004
RadiantBeam
Test Drive
*Author

Send a message via AIM to RadiantBeam
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
I thought she was staying with her mother before entering Youkai Academy...
Moka left her father's house to find her mother before she entered Youkai Academy. It's part of the reason why she hates humans in the first volume, because she went to a human school and felt like a freak when they talked about monsters.
Old 2009-09-25, 22:45   Link #11005
Magin
#1 Akashiya Moka Fan
*Author

that's probably what I was thinking of... and keep in mind, since I don't have a RAW (though I suppose I could look for one...), I can't tell you whether or not that was a translation error or not. But I suppose the idea is that because Tsukune in vampire mode is only a few steps away from ghoul mode, that was the dark aura the centipede noticed (that, and when you're faced with an aura as powerful as Inner's are you really going to notice the color? In addition, the centipede was more cocky than afraid when it came to Tsukune's aura)

Old 2009-09-25, 22:52   Link #11006
FriedRice84
Beef Fried Rice

I just had the impression that her youki might be red b/c of the anime, but the anime isn't exactly a good source
Old 2009-09-25, 22:57   Link #11007
RadiantBeam
Test Drive
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by FriedRice84 View Post
I just had the impression that her youki might be red b/c of the anime, but the anime isn't exactly a good source
Red/blue are common colors in any anime/manga genre as a mark for good/evil or different levels of power. Probably easier to show differences that way.
Old 2009-09-25, 23:54   Link #11008
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

The red pupil with the menacing large amounts yoki are the trademarks of vampires. I'll have to go back and check again, but i'm pretty certain the same description was used on Moka before.
HayashiTakara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-26, 00:01   Link #11009
Johnny
Working the bags...

Quote:
Originally Posted by RadiantBeam View Post
Moka left her father's house to find her mother before she entered Youkai Academy. It's part of the reason why she hates humans in the first volume, because she went to a human school and felt like a freak when they talked about monsters.
Yeah that's what I said. Plus there was no reason to find her. She said she just went to live with her mother.
Johnny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-26, 00:01   Link #11010
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
The red pupil with the menacing large amounts yoki are the trademarks of vampires. I'll have to go back and check again, but i'm pretty certain the same description was used on Moka before.
I am sure the vamps often have red eyes, because they can't come out in the day, thus they eventually lose the use for their body's melanin, even in the eyes to allow blood vessels to show through, like albinos.

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
SaintessHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-26, 00:04   Link #11011
FriedRice84
Beef Fried Rice

Quote:
Thanks...I still can't find the black youki characteristic being used for Moka...
Old 2009-09-26, 00:04   Link #11012
RadiantBeam
Test Drive
*Author

Quote:
Yeah that's what I said. Plus there was no reason to find her. She said she just went to live with her mother.
I don't remember it ever stating that she went to actually live with her mother. According to the translations she left to find her mother, didn't she?
Old 2009-09-26, 00:15   Link #11013
FriedRice84
Beef Fried Rice

In the meantime...I remembered someone asking a few pages ago why there weren't any good fanarts of Tsukune.

There are, just have to look. I found this rather nice color-in version of the manga art. Tsukune looks pretty GAR in it...kinda like "Touch Moka again and I'll ripe your still-beating heart out"

Spoiler for GAR:

The heterochromia looks badass! We haven't seen him turn like this yet...could be hinting towards a hybrid human/vampire Tsukune in the future.

Last edited by FriedRice84; 2009-09-26 at 00:32.
Old 2009-09-26, 00:17   Link #11014
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintessHeart View Post
*gives a rotten cookie*
Here some "FRIENDLY HUGS".

Old 2009-09-26, 00:35   Link #11015
Magin
#1 Akashiya Moka Fan
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by RadiantBeam View Post
I don't remember it ever stating that she went to actually live with her mother. According to the translations she left to find her mother, didn't she?
This is what I brought up earlier- we got that off a "speed scan", and from what I understand, it was a very shitty translation... apparently someone re-translated it for whatever reason, and found that Moka wasn't searching for her mother, but going to live with her in the human world (and besides, it has never been brought up since that Moka was looking for her mother, which points thigns toward the latter translation)

Quote:
Originally Posted by FriedRice84 View Post
In the meantime...I remembered someone asking a few pages ago why there weren't any good fanarts of Tsukune.

There are, just have to look. I found this rather nice color-in version of the manga art. Tsukune looks pretty GAR in it...kinda like "Touch Moka again and I'll ripe your still-beating heart out"

Spoiler for GAR:

The heterochromia looks badass! We haven't seen him turn like this yet...could be hinting towards a hybrid human/vampire Tsukune in the future.
I was the one who brought that up... and again, not original, just colored from manga. That's the cover page of one of the chapters in SII, I believe

Old 2009-09-26, 00:41   Link #11016
RadiantBeam
Test Drive
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenjiharima View Post
Here some "FRIENDLY HUGS".

I like how Kurumu's face is like "DO NOT WANT". XD Or maybe more along the lines of "Sigh, dammit, why is Gin-sempai hugging Tsukune and I'm not?"
Old 2009-09-26, 00:52   Link #11017
Johnny
Working the bags...

Well there are two different translation floating around. The first states she went to live with her mother. For the life of I don't remember where I grabbed this version from. So no clue who did the translation.
Spoiler:

And the second says the other. Squirrellord was the translator for this one.
Spoiler:

Here's the raw for that page if someone can tell which is correct. It doesn't matter to me I got completely off tangent of just wanting to see what Moka's mom looks like...
Spoiler:
Johnny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-26, 00:57   Link #11018
RadiantBeam
Test Drive
*Author

Quote:
And the second says the other. Squirrellord was the translator for this one.
Spoiler:
This was the one I read, where it stated she went to the human world to find her mother, not live with her.
Old 2009-09-26, 01:00   Link #11019
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

I'll wait for the licensed translation in 2010. It'll be worth the wait and probably we can discuss that when R+VseasonII comes out licensed.
Old 2009-09-26, 01:01   Link #11020
Magin
#1 Akashiya Moka Fan
*Author

The second one was the speed scan that I've been mentioning... and the first chapters of SII were done by a newly formed group with not much experience, and I'm sure there are plenty of errors in them. But I only also have one source for the other translation... so I've sent a request at a site, and maybe within the next week or two we can find out the answer

EDIT: and the official will undoubtedly provide us with a third translation, due to liberties taken. So I'd rather just have some fan on the net do a translation (IMO, fan translations are always more accurate than anything official) and find out that way...

Tags
action, comedy, ecchi, harem, monogamy, romance, shounen, supernatural, tsumoka romance, vampire